Will Debuchy Be Signed Regardless Of Simpson Situation?

We watched the Montpellier vs Lille game last night as Montpellier got an injury time winner, to become even closer to being the French Champions.

Mathieu Debuchy – a defensive target of Newcastle?

PSG won 3-0 at home to Stade Rennes so Montpelier are three points clear on 79 points with one game to go next weekend, and both have exactly the same goal difference of +33.

So a win by Montpellier at bottom of the table AJ Auxerre next week gets them the title – and PSG are at 14th placed Lorient.

Mathieu Debuchy, Yohan’s Cabaye’s pal was playing at right back for Lille, and he had an OK game, and we think he may be one Newcastle want to bring into the club this summer.

Lille are now guaranteed a third place finish, so they get into the Champions league qualifying rounds, and Debuchy is expected to be a member of Laurent Blanc’s France side for Euro 2012, when he announces the provisional squad of French based players tomorrow.

Lille are ready to sell their right back, who has played for his home town club since January of 2004, and he since played 279 times for Lille with 17 goals, and he has three French International caps.

Debuchy will cost somewhere in the region of £6M, and that’s not out of Newcastle’s reach, as they build up their squad for the European challenge of next season.

We’re not sure if Debuchy is the one Newcastle will bring into the club if Danny Simpson leaves this summer, or whether he will be brought in regardless,  to improve the Newcastle squad overall, and create more competition for places.

Alan Pardew talked on BBC Radio Five last Friday night, and said we wouldn’t have Papiss Cisse if the club hadn’t first got Demba Ba, and he said he was going to try to bring in somebody,  who was close to Yohan Cabaye.

Alan Pardew is usually very quiet about transfer targets,  and we wonder if Debuchy is already in the bag, so to speak,  otherwise why would Pardew divulge we are interested in the French International?

Debuchy and Cabaye were best friends while playing for many seasons together at Lille, and we think Debuchy could be an excellent acquisition for Newcastle.

But we’re not sure if he will be brought in only if Danny Simpson is sold in the summer.

What do you think?

• lewytoon

May 14, 2012 at 10:34 AM

hopefulyl!

• Beattie25

May 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I agree with Ed.

NUFC and Pardew are usually very tight lipped over transfers amd this announcement was certainly something we are not used to.

Surely Pards would not divulge such information unless the contract had been signed, otherwise we have alerted the enitre world to our first target.

• cyprus

May 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Ed, on previous line of thinking, we need them both! We need two more defenders, one of them top (can we count on Taylor??), two top midfielders, one top striker. So , Mike, Alan, Carr, great job, now we need just 30 mil. please 🙂

• G

May 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Canny player, and if G Carr says he’ll do, then he’ll do for me.

• lewytoon

May 14, 2012 at 10:37 AM

yeah normally we wudnt even dare mention anything like this incase we alert other clubs so soemthing must have happened

• cyprus

May 14, 2012 at 10:37 AM

By the way Beattie,
    good analysis of squad a few posts back. Didn’t agree with all, did with most.

• LocalZero

May 14, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Can’t see Mike dishing out 30mil to be honest! Not sure I’d want him to either. Getting quite a lot of pleasure out of seeing things done properly!! Good scouting, astute signings and keeping the finances under control!
    On another note though it seems like Pardew is keen to sign players mates as an extra incentive to keeping them at the club. Good plan. Man U might be able to offer Cabaye more money but they might not have his best mate there….or maybe they will!

• cyprus

May 14, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Does anyone remember Shearer’s challenge on Lennon that Barton was on about? Is he right? Apparently in ten worst fouls list of ESPN.

• Solaidback

May 14, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Well so far we’ve had Cabaye, HBA, Cisse, Tiote to name but a few who have come out in the press & said how much they’re looking forward to playing for the Toon in the Europa league…. so thats a good sign, as long as they keep to their word & don’t suddenly decide to leave us… so if we can add a few more, then we’re looking good for a nice European run, even a challenge me thinks…

Great to see both Marvieux & Raylor back in the team & both played great when they came on, really changed the feel of the game imo, just wish Pards had started with a 4-3-3 formation & not 4-4-2, which I feel he used because he wanted Ba to score a goal before the season ends, instead, he just seemed to pass the ball back to the Toffee’s all the time, well a few times anyways…. I wonder if Moyes is looking to buy him.. lol only kidding…

• supatoonkid

May 14, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I reckon it’s a done deal, did anyone watch the actual game as i wonder how Mbiwa played?

• jayphoto

May 14, 2012 at 10:45 AM

predictions for the summer: 1 big player will go (my bet is demba ba). Think we’ll buy 3 defenders! A specialist centre half, a right back and a squad player that can fill in at centre half and full back! (Debuchy, Alderwiereld and pieters would be amazing but all 3 unlikely)
    With Guthrie leaving and tiote on African nations a centre mid is likely, someone who can go box to box. Corgnet would be immense!
    Think amalfitano is already signed, hes more of the ben arfa school of playing, my guess is he’ll be a squad player who comes of the bench when benny is tired and in europa!
    Also think we’ll sign a striker! Iv got a really strange feeling we’ll go back in for Maiga (even though hes off to africa) if hes available for under 3m!
    Need to add, the players in brackets are 1’s i think we’ll sign, theyre just ones i’d like! I fully expect us to sign 3 or 4 players that we’ve never been linked to!

• Beattie25

May 14, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Cheers Cyprus

I agree with you regarding the need for lots of players and around £30 million.

I just wish Ashley could give us another interest free loan of £30 million, propel us into the CL and then take that investment back via the TV revenue next year.

It wont happen though so I suppose we’ll have to sell before buying.

We looked knackered after 43 games (I think it was 43 all together) so I dread to think what such a small team will do next year with Europe to contend with.

Selling players to fund purchases for me will never work because we will always find ourselves short of numbers but I hope I can be proven wrong as I have been so many times this season.

• Edd Case

May 14, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I believe we’ll see 6 come in and 3 leave.

I haven’t got a clue who will come in but I reckon we’ll see Simmo, Best and Ba leave…

Only reason I think Willo will stay is that I don’t think he’s the sort to bang on Pards door when he’s not playing much – and he wont be because we will DEFINITELY sign a new CB and we will need 4.

I could even see Jonas leaving if we get an offer around 5million and to be honest, I’m ok with that.

I can see us going to a 451 / 433 next season.
    Tiote – Cabaye – ?
    HBA/Ober – Cisse – Marv/?

I just really hope we bring in a right back, left back, centre back, 2 x centre mids and a new winger/attacker

• hatem786

May 14, 2012 at 11:23 AM

i am so proud of nufc…

• ToonAndy

May 14, 2012 at 11:28 AM

A guy from the RSPCA knocked on my door this morning.

He said, “We’ve had a complaint that you’ve been overfeeding your cat. Apparently it weighs the best part of 4 stone.”

I said, “It’s not a cat.”

“Oh” he replied, “There must be a mistake, is it a dog?”

I said, “No, it’s a hamster.”

• LooneyToon41

May 14, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Close to Cabaye? Hazzard it is then for a knockdown £5m…. ok , dream on Looney!

• DaveG

May 14, 2012 at 1:53 PM

1st – WHY ON EARTH WOULD SIMPSON WANT TO MOVE – AND WHERE WOULD HE GO ??
    2nd – IF HE WON’T COMMIT GET HIM OUT QUICKLY
    3rd – GET SOMEONE BETTER FOR LESS WAGES
    4th – BEWARE – you don’t know what u got till its gone !

• Charlietoon

May 14, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Edd Case dont forget about Loven and Smith as ones who are off as well. Regarding your comments about Jonas it was interesting to see he was the most fouled player in the league this year. He is always pretty high up there from what I recall but we rarely seem to be a danger from corners and free kicks.

So one thing I would like our coaching staff to work on is our set plays. I think we can get another 10 to 15 goals a season if we can start getting these some good plays together.

• Bao Zheng

May 15, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I don’t think he wants to leave; I think he’s going to leave because he wants to be a first team regular and he knows he will be back up for us.

• croftus5678

May 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM

i’m thinking

outs.
    loverkrands
    smith
    xisco
    guthrie
    simpson
    ba or tiote (for ashleys pocket)

in.
    amalfeo (squad)
    (unknown cd)
    pieters (because he’s young cheap and injured and it has worked this season with ba and marvaux who looks like an awsome signing
    and a few other unknowns (bargains) to try out in reserves to add quality to the squad.

marvaux will be a very big 1st teamer for us next season if all goes well and if colo and taylor stay fit we may get a few extra points as willo has too many muck ups