Pardew – I Only Want Respect From Fans – Not Undying Love

One of the the things we’ve really come to like about Alan Pardew is not only is he really a down-to-earth guy, but he says it as it is with no BS.

Alan Pardew – thumbs up – it must be going well

We remembered a couple of months ago he was asked by an interviewer  if he would like to stay at Newcastle for a long long time, and he said he’d be at Newcastle for as long as the team kept winning – so he has no illusions.

And it was obvious from the fans calling in last Friday night on what was really a great BBC Radio Newcastle call-in program, that the fans were just so delighted with the success Alan was bringing back to the famous Tyneside club.

Alan even said he knew it was difficult for the Newcastle fans because he was a Londoner, so it looks like John Carver is letting Alan know everything he needs to know about the Geordie Nation. 😀

Alan Pardew is obviously delighted that he has gained a level of respect from the Newcastle fans – and that’s not easy to do.

This is what Alan told the local press:

“I love working here, and love the fans.” “They’ve been great for me – they give me great respect and that’s all I want.”

“I don’t want anything else, not undying love, I just want respect. I do a tough job and I do it to the best of my ability.”

“It’s difficult, and I’m looking forward to a rest,” “It’s demanding, but I have say I love it.”

“The relationship I have here with my board is strong. If I can strengthen that, I will. It’s the most important relationship at any football club, trust me.”

It’s really hard to know how Alan could have done any better since he arrived at the club a short 18 months ago.

Well we suppose he could have come in and got Newcastle 90 points this season and won the league, but then the big clubs would now be after him.

So what he’s done for Newcastle in such a short time has been simply fabulous, and it was only fitting that he was named Barclay’s Premier League Manager of the Season and LMA Manager of the Season.

And the good thing about Alan is he’s a workaholic, and never satisfied – because he’s also a perfectionist.  I know the type well, and he will be working his socks off  over the summer months to build an even better team for Newcastle next season.

Alan will have seen how a man like Bobby Robson is admired, loved and immortalized on Tyneside, and while Alan is not one of us – there’s no reason in the future why we couldn’t see a bronze statue of Alan Pardew erected at St. James Park.

We hope that happens, because it would mean that Alan has been hugely successful on Tyneside, and that’s all we want to see.

That’s a thought.

• xfer

May 15, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Happy for him. Recently heard a pundit mentioned his poor management record (and rant on the other pundits who didnt do enough homework) before this season. I recall reading here his record prior to Newcastle was 42% win rate. Thats amazing!

• xfer

May 15, 2012 at 4:59 PM

From previous post… Anyone able to shed light?

“Does anyone know if Chelsea wins the UCL, does that mean we will need to go through the playoffs before getting into the group stage of Europa League?”

• kevymartins

May 15, 2012 at 5:01 PM

By the way EDD if chelsea win the champions league then totenham takes are spot in europa league ….meaning we hada play qulafying rounds and they dont meaning there will be no pre season tour

All matters a side ALAN pardrew get your notebook out an take these names down

matt jarvis
    jamie ohara
    mark davies
    junior hoilett
    eden hazard an were set

• Papiss9

May 15, 2012 at 5:02 PM

No matter what happens we have to play the last playoff round.

If Chelsea win CL, Spurs will go straigt to the groupstage in EL.

If Chelsea lose, they will go straigt to the groupstage because of the FA Cup victory.

• geordieracer1980

May 15, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Hi lads, I received a text today off a mate who is usually bang on with the information he receives…he was right about Cisse hours before the news broke, Santon and other signings. Basically, he tells me Pardew has had a massive bust up with Ashley. He could be sacked because of it. I don’t necessarily think it’s definitely gonna happen, but it really wouldn’t surprise me.

Don’t shoot the messenger.

Peace.

• Londtoon

May 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Immature but the phrase “bronze statue of Alan Pardew erected” sounds funny.

• nufc786

May 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM

what a man of a manager we have respect pards

• kevymartins

May 15, 2012 at 5:05 PM

@5

come on m8 as if ashlee would sack the manager of the season who is making him tons of profit …yeah right haha

• lukes26

May 15, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Xfer..you’re right! It was closer to 43 %, which is an amazing record..even if he was managing in partially in lower divisions. what he did with west ham is very similar to what he did this season.

• Papiss9

May 15, 2012 at 5:08 PM

No way Pardew is getting sacked. In the first place he got a lonterm contract because MA thought he was the man to take the club forward, which is right so far.

Dont think an argument/bust up is enough to get sacked.

• toonarmydownsouth

May 15, 2012 at 5:12 PM

@5 thats funny cos i heard the exact same thing from my mates sisters ex housemates cousins dog groomers mackem child!

• Ben3arfa

May 15, 2012 at 5:13 PM

very professional from Pardew, if Ashley sacks Pardew then he must be a scum agent .. no way that is gonna happen im sure?

• ash-out

May 15, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Thanks for your comment mackemracer1980, an invaluable contribution. If I were you I would pray that MON has a bust up with the invisible yank and gets sacked before he fulfills Bruce’s mission.

• pardews waxwork lips

May 15, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Chelsea currently occupy the group stage entry for winning the F.a cup, 5th place is the play off round and carling cup is one round worse off in qualifying round 3. Even if chelsea win the champions league it is a straight swap with tottenham so to say as chelsea winning the the cl gains them entry next year which leaves the f.a cup group stage entry going to the next highest europa league qualify which would be tottenham even though they are above chelsea, fact is we are entering at the play off round no more no less! We ger exactly what we are supposed to finishing 5th!

• Garreth

May 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Just to clear up a couple of things in this thread:

1) As Papiss9 said, regardless of what happens in the CL we will have to play 1 play off match before we enter the group stages. The group stage entry place goes to the winner of the FA cup (Chelsea). If Chelsea won the CL then this place would move to 4th place in the league (Tottenham). Quite a few people have been askign about this, so perhaps Ed could make a page specifically explaining this?

2) There is no way in hell Ashley would sack Pardew. He is a buisnessman and I am sure he has had many many arguments with some of his high-end staff before, but if they are getting the job done, then he knows to keep them.

This transfer window and next season will be a real test for Pardew. He needs to ensure our squad doesn’t suffer from fatigue and we have a good run in Europe without losing our league position. It will be difficult to get top 6 again next season, but if we are able to get top 8 and have 1/2 good cup runs then it will still be a successful season. I would take 8th and silverware right now.

• Tsunki

May 15, 2012 at 5:24 PM

@5 – mackems trying to get this dodo flying. Was supposed to be in the papers but funny enough nothing has happened. Buy your mate a bar of soap.

• rich_toonfan

May 15, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Papiss and Pardews waxwork lips have it spot on.

We go into the final qualifying round before the group game regardless.

This season the two legged tie was played around 15th and 22nd of august so we have plenty time for pre season.

Also why would Ashley sack Pardew? unless the bust up involved pardew actually punching Ashley it is nonsense…even then he might keep him as he has done a good job. Love how people always have a mate in the know and tell everyone after the event (sure he didn’t tell this cisse information before we signed him….and if he did a few clubs might be looking into his services to get the early news on transfers).

• toonarmydownsouth

May 15, 2012 at 5:26 PM

@14 i thought qualification through the FA cup meant they qualitied in to the lowest europa league place??

• rich_toonfan

May 15, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Want to make one point on the mackems….dont like to do that here but this made me laugh.

They slate Bruce but they have managed less points from their last 15 games than they did from their first 15 this season.

• rich_toonfan

May 15, 2012 at 5:28 PM

@toonarmydownsouth

thats the carling cup position…..or possibly if you qualify as FA cup runner up not winner.

• toonarmydownsouth

May 15, 2012 at 5:29 PM

So how many qualifiers do the bindippers have to play??

• rich_toonfan

May 15, 2012 at 5:31 PM

liverpool go into the third qualifying round…..the one before us.

• Special K

May 15, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I saw the “Ba wants Out” rumours earlier and to be honest, the bit that gets me is we’ll only get £3.5m of the £7m with Ba pocketing the rest. The funny thing is I’d sell him for anywhere between £16-20m to fund a move for another natural winger to play opposite HBA like Adam Johnson and then another decent back up striker.

I’d happily sign him to a new contract and if things still havent improved between him & Cisse playing wise, then hopefully that price will still be there in January

• rich_toonfan

May 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM

@special K

i his clause is the reported 7mil how could we get 16-20 or him?

Pardew said it wasn’t as simple as made out…whether this means more money, relegation clause, no europe clause or what I dont know.

It might even be like neil taylors at swansea….the value allowed him to talk to other clubs…just they didnt have to sell at that amount.

• toonarmydownsouth

May 15, 2012 at 5:47 PM

@special k know 1 has actually said his clause is £7m likewise no1 has confirmed that he pockets half the only thing confirmed is there is some form of release clause no1 knows what it is exept the club n demba

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

May 15, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Re-Post (2x)

A lot of reports doing the rounds that Ba is leaving in the summer Daily Mail and Guardian both have the same story!
    Cockney Media trying to sell papers, don,t believe it for one moment! Could happen but don,t see it myself!

Tim Cahill has been banned for three matches after his final whistle altercation with Wor YO Cabaye! Yo issued an apology through a number of different Media,s! Cahill, however, has not uttered one word of Sorry to anyone!
    No-one knows what was said, at the time, or what caused Cahill to grab YO by the throat! But at the same time is it not typical that an apology by Wor Yo is not followed by an apology coming from the other party involved! In this case Cahill !
    The Toffee,s appeal against the Red Card was not accepted by the F.A! and in this case, me-thinks a justified decision!

• Garreth

May 15, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Hatem Ben Arfa and Yohan Cabaye have both been named in France’s preliminary 26-man squad, which needs to be cut just 3 players.

From a Newcastle perspective I hope they both play and have a great tournament. From an English perspective I hope they have a dreadful tournament and play really bad!

• check the toastie

May 15, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Reckon ashley caught pardew rifling thru his secret greggs pastie stash. Rumour has it that big mike went fcukin ballistic.

• djm...

May 15, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Garreth, personally I don’t have much affection for England but I really hope cabaye and Ben arfa have terrible tournaments to keep bigger teams mouths watering. Obviously I mean they come back all guns blazing for nufc next year.

• Beattie25

May 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I just hope Ben Arga and Cabaye are chosen for the 23 man squad!

• geordieracer1980

May 15, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I’m not a mackem, I’m a proud geordie. It’s a rumour which is no doing the rounds on twitter. If anyone follows TrueFaith, its on there now. Like i say, i don’t believe it will come to Pardew being sacked, but something is amiss.

• geordieracer1980

May 15, 2012 at 6:24 PM

now*

• toonarmydownsouth

May 15, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Sonething is a miss because a mackem on twitter says so ok buddy

• davybtoon

May 15, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Clear some Mackem making stuff up pardew has done nothing but praise Ashly n dl even last nyt at the lma awards, n he can’t of fell out over player sales as all he ever says is we could lose players

• davybtoon

May 15, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Don’t kno why some of u even give these rumours the time of day

• Beattie25

May 15, 2012 at 6:30 PM

First he says his mate told him, now it’s twitter next it’ll be Sauron telling him through the power of telepathy or a courier pigeon sent directly from sammy ameobis grandma!

• super magpie

May 15, 2012 at 6:31 PM

So, just because it’s on twitter means its true.
    It’s spread because its something that will try and rock the boat.
    It’s made up crap.

• ToonDownSouth

May 15, 2012 at 6:35 PM

If we believed every rumor, Tiote would have been sold 15 times already, to 10 different clubs.

We’d be playing in the Sports Direct colours of Blue, Red & White (my personal favourite of dumb rumors).

Raul would be our #9.

We’d have Nike sponsoring our stadium.

Any other good ones?

• geordieracer1980

May 15, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I never actually said it was true…if you read what i said, i did say that i don’t believe it to be true. But as this is a forum for debate i thought i would throw it out there.

• geordieracer1980

May 15, 2012 at 6:36 PM

But at the same time, I don’t trust Mike Ashley and I never will.

1 2 3 7