John Carver Lauds Class-Act Alan Pardew

When Alan Pardew won the LMA Manager of the Year award he took both John Carver and Steve Stone to London for the award dinner.

Steven Stone, John Carver and Alan Pardew on the sidelines
Cheer up lads!

But it was good that he took along his two top coaches with him, and of course both John and Steve are local lads, which is one reason the coaching staff seems to be doing so well,  and has a pulse on what’s going on with the faithful Newcastle fan base.

The award is voted by LMA members, including all managers from the four football leagues in England.

And with Newcastle finishing in an astonishing 5th place in the Premier League table, and into the Europa League for the first time since 2006, things are indeed looking up for Newcastle these days – there’s absolutely no doubt about that.

John Carver talked about the award dinner:

“It was great, Stoney and I weren’t going to go, and Alan said come along.” “We went down and had a great night.”

“To get that award from all the managers is some achievement when you think about it.”  “When you get an award from your peers, it’s some achievement.”

“There were a lot of other contenders, and it just shows you what type of year we’ve had, and the fact he did praise everybody shows what type of person he is.”

“It was fitting that he praised everybody, as there’s been a lot of hard work behind the scenes.”

“I was delighted for him – there were a lot of people who came across and gave their congratulations.”

The awards were held on Monday night, May 14th at the League Managers Association 20th Annual Awards Dinner, at the historic Old Billingsgate in London.

And we see that in a number of blogs – not Newcastle blogs we may add – Newcastle are being touted as the team of the season, for the way in which they have surged back to be one of the top English sides once again.

We have to hope we continue on the upward track next season, and do even better – maybe top four?

• Jail for Ashley

May 19, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Going to Alton towers while it poured down and was geet sunny at Lightwater valley is too good for Ashley.

• Graeme

May 19, 2012 at 11:32 AM

A well deserved honour for an outstanding season with the BEST club in the division – In my opinion lol

• jesperfuglsang

May 19, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Hi guys,

for the past week the blog has changed design/look on my android smartphone and tablet. Wether I use the desktop version or the mobile version, it has changed from it original look to something not user friendly and quite boring.

I use to check the blog quite often from my phone or tablet since my laptop is at home and I am on the move alot.

There is no problem from from my windows laptop nor from a Mac. The blog seems to work as usual on Iphone and Ipad, but not on android based phones and tablets – has tried on several.

Is anyone else witnessing some technical difficulties?

I have informed Ed and I think he is looking in to it, but I thought it would be informative to see how many are affected.

• 2_goal_tino

May 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM

All these anti-Ba sentiments are ridiculous. We do need another striker but not to replace Ba but instead for when the two Demba’s go to ACON and to have 3 quality interchangeable strikers. If Ba had spread his goals throughout the season we’d be waxing lyrical about him, as it is just because he didn’t score for 12 games we’re saying how replaceable he is. He carried us at the start of the season! Without him we’d have been mid-table at best and certainly wouldn’t have attracted Cisse! Ba has done wonders for us this season and I pray we keep him!

• nimo

May 19, 2012 at 11:46 AM

does anyone have a link for the playoff final today,, tried getting onto firstrow to watch soccer a.m and seems to be down, keep getting bad gateway

• toonarmydownsouth

May 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM

jesperfuglsang ur not on ur own its got sh1t on my iphone but only now and then its wierd one minute im on the normal website as if i were on my laptop then the old mobile site which doesnt always let you post and then this new one which is the worst of alll!!!

• 2_goal_tino

May 19, 2012 at 11:52 AM

On Clyne vs Debuchy

I think Clyne is the bigger risk but potentially hugely rewarding signing. Debuchy is proven international class and won’t really improve. Clyne on the other hand is not at his standard but has the potential to be world class with huge sell on value given that he’s English.

The other thing regarding Clyne is that we all say how much potential he has, he’s so good for someone so young etc. This is true but I think we forget just how young Santon is cause he’s been around for a long time. He’s only 2/3 months older than Clyne and achieved a lot more! If Clyne could be world class, Santon most definitely can be as well!

• Beattie25

May 19, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Just to answer the question to the blogger on the last thread who asked ‘do we need another midfielder?’.

• Beattie25

May 19, 2012 at 11:58 AM

2 goal Tino

Clyne is one for the future not one for now.

The difference between Clyne and Santon is that Davide was playing for Inter Milan. Winning the CL and Serie A we’re part and parcel of his career as a youngster where as Clyne has been part of a Crystal Palace team that did well this season and other than that he has not shown the world his capabilities.

To be able to sign a French international Liuge 1 winner in Debuchy for under 7 million is an absolute steal and we should move heaven and earth to sign him at the price.

To sign Clyne as well would only benefit Clyne even more. Learning under Debuchy and this evolving into an even better player as a result.

If though we had to sign one or the other (and in the process of this answering your question) then it should be Debuchy. Without any doubt whatsoever x infinity.

• redondo77

May 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Bayern is going to win 3-1

• toonarmydownsouth

May 19, 2012 at 12:07 PM

2 goal tino debauchy all day but dont see why cant get both, and perhaps put tav on loan at palace for the season would love to see tav perform regularly in a league high than league 1/2

• Jail for Ashley

May 19, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Redondo,
    Ba is definitely leaving and Bayern are going to win 3-1 have you got a crystal ball ?

• Offkey

May 19, 2012 at 12:21 PM

All Ed’s writing looks strange, why is it that the paragraph under the picture has loads of extra A’s in it.

“We’re not sure if Alan knew if he had won the award before the dinner, but he was already the Barclays Premier League Manager of the Season,  and must have thought he had a decent chance of winning.”

• Tsunki

May 19, 2012 at 12:22 PM

2 goal tino – Debuchy can improve in the same way as many players do when they get to grips with premier league footy.

• Tsunki

May 19, 2012 at 12:23 PM

ofkey – maybe he’s just trying to learn italian so he can interpret Santon’s interviews? Or maybe he has hit the scouser translate button by accident?

• Offkey

May 19, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Ed mate, its an effort to read………please fix it

• Tsunki

May 19, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Offkey – actually it’s a problem with your ‘device’ whatever it is. Works fine on my pc. unless you’re viewing the mobile site?

• Offkey

May 19, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Tsunki – I’ll go with him hitting the scouser translation button……….at least while finding it difficult to understand I can feel like I am mocking the gets.

• Offkey

May 19, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Tsunki – on my latop mate. Same one I have always used. How do I change it? or can I?

• Jail for Ashley

May 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Tskunki,
    That wasn’t me yesterday havent changed my name just yet.

• Offkey

May 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Ed must have done something, its fine now and all I did was make that last comment.

• Tsunki

May 19, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Er I have run right out of nerd mate sorry. Have you somehow got a different font selected? Ok getting some nerd back – if it’s chrome try spanner menu, tools, encoding and make sure UTF8 is selected. Ha. Probably just your browser is knacked and needs a restart….

• Tsunki

May 19, 2012 at 12:32 PM

ok too late but if its fixed its all good. Just shows you can have too many A’s.

• Offkey

May 19, 2012 at 12:34 PM

🙂

• Tiote

May 19, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Finally some1 else with my problem. Can’t stand this new site. Really find it dull a plain. Plz ed fix it. It’s lyk this on all iPhones I’ve tryed. Mobile or desk top version.

• spitfire_

May 19, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I don’t know why I want to see Owen goes to the unwashed… actually I know why – all the scum to one place… besides will be very very funny to see him at SJP.

• Tsunki

May 19, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Don’t know if ED needs to tweak a setting so it’s compatible with more encoding types or whether it’s a problem specific to platforms – as the iPhone is predominantly American, could it be set to a different encoding, for example ‘Western Macintosh’? Long shot.

• Jail for Ashley

May 19, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Micheal Owen should do himself a favour and pack it all in but the greedy little f*c*er will probably warm somebody elses bench for ten grand a week.

• pbNcl

May 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Yeah I’m not fond of this new format at all. I’ve got a blackberry and use that most days as me laptop is broken. Now I can view desktop version on blackberry no problem but its slower to refresh so I jus used to read comments on mobile browser. And that’s where the problem is. Pls go back to old way Ed. The comments are upside down now. I’ve gotta scroll to bottom and read upwards. No good man.

Football related. I’m supporting bayern. You won’t catch me cheering on chelski

• Tsunki

May 19, 2012 at 12:42 PM

spitfire – is this owen to the scum thing a real goer or a wind-up? It would trounce on everything he said when he lagged us off as a small club. So I hope he does go there, basically. What a reception awaits! Jose will think he got a tickertape parade and rose petals strewn in front of him by comparison. 🙂

• Tsunki

May 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Hang on – ‘New Format’ which one is that? I am stil on the no-avatar line by line scroll to the bottom for latest comments one. Are you seeing the one with the avatars and the top-down posts?

• spitfire_

May 19, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I’m just say… ashes to ashes… dust to dust… scum to scum. Amen.

• Tiote

May 19, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Jail
    Dropping the soap in hmp showers is 2 good for owen

• MagpiesFlyHigh

May 19, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Beattie OV

Totally agree – we do need another midfielder and also agree with your view that we need a second DM to play alongside – not as a replacement for Tiote.
    If Cheik goes we’ll need two DMs though maybe Perchinho would be okay as back up or second man if he continues to improve like this season.
    I’d still prefer to see two top quality DMs in front of the back 4 to reduce the risk of panic attacks when we go one down and floodgates opening

• Tsunki

May 19, 2012 at 12:48 PM

AS far as CL goes I am neutral. Want an English club to win, but also a bit nastily maybe want spurs to miss out on CL. I know it’s mean. But it would mean that we couldn’t have done anything about our CL push x2 if you know what i mean, and you probably don’t but what the heck I’m going to get a sandwich now. That does happen if Chelski wins, right?

Playoff – would like to listen to Blackpools’ fruitcake manager on MotD again.

• MagpiesFlyHigh

May 19, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Owen can’t face the fact he is a has been – mostly down to injuries but also to his greed in selecting his clubs and personal terms.
    If he ends up in a relegation battle with the unwashed in 2013 then bring it on..

• SBergenwall

May 19, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Am I the only one who gets these letters in the text? “Alan knew if he had won the award”

• redondo77

May 19, 2012 at 12:55 PM

jfa

i thought Ba discussion is over. actually i’m kinda tired arguing about it, i have my opinion and you guys have yours. let Ba decide his own fate.

as tonight game, bayern 3 -1 chelsea, and we go to automatic group stage.

• Jail for Ashley

May 19, 2012 at 12:56 PM

I shall be supporting Chelsea for a number of reasons 1,because they are an English based club 2 it will make me feel better about not finishing fourth and although I have got nothing against Spurs fans or the club its self I can’t stand floppy chops added to the fact that without CL football Spurs spending power will be greatly reduced whereas it wouldn’t make any difference to Don Abromovich,so haway the blues.

• pbNcl

May 19, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Aye avatar’s in corner and that.

1 2 3 6