Newcastle Interested In Serbian International Midfielder

News today in the Dutch magazine Voetbal,  that Newcastle are interested in a Serbian International midfielder.

Dusan Tadic – Newcastle interested?

The news is that Newcastle are ready to make a move for Groningen midfielder Dusan Tadic.

This is the first time Newcastle have been linked with the 23 year-old,  who has played 23 times for the Serbian U21 side and 4 times for the full Serbian National side.

And since signing from Serbian club FK Vojvodina in 2010, for around £1M, Tadic has played 76 times for Groningen with 14 goals.

The 5’10” tall midfielder, who is good with either foot, was born in Backa Topola, in Yugoslavia, and he has just had an outstanding season for Groningen.

We have no idea if there’s any truth in this news.

But since Chief Newcastle Scout Graham Carr has done quite a bit of scouting in Holland over the last season, it would not be beyond the realm of possibility that Newcastle are indeed interested in the Serbian International.

Here is some video of the player, and we’re sure we will be shocked by some players that Newcastle bring in this summer – and maybe this is one of them?

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRntZTGonso

What do you think?

Comments welcome.

• Indian Magpie

May 22, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Has any 1 else heard ARRY for liverfool

• Indian Magpie

May 22, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Wikipedia has him now for FC twente

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

May 22, 2012 at 4:40 PM

2 comments. Both reports. I hope we are looking at this guy. Our squad needs bolstering for Europe for a start. Rumour has it anyway…

• super magpie

May 22, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Yes and we all know Wikipedia is the pinnacle of the truth.

• Indian Magpie

May 22, 2012 at 4:42 PM

SM,
    dont believe me

• super magpie

May 22, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Never heard of him so I can’t judge, the amount of midfielders we’re being linked with you couldn’t guess who we’re going to sign.

• likeajediknight

May 22, 2012 at 4:43 PM

looks f****g quality tho

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

May 22, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Sm that’s true. Its just a free for all. So called journalists linking us with every 17-26 year old player under the sun. One of them has to be right sooner or later. Then they’ll claim to be “in the know”

• Robby Bobson

May 22, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Wow, that video has some of the most useless strikers ive ever seen.

He looks decent though, albeit against poor opposition.

• WWYCD

May 22, 2012 at 4:48 PM

yorkshireToon
    If ur still about mate cheers for the reply. Thats why I half believe its him (pictures) but the stuff thats being said seems too far fetched but someone will eventually prove it one way or another

On topic looks decent in that video, skillful and relaxed on the ball but he is in front of about 12 people and looks to be playing some interesting (putting it nicely) defenders

• lukes26

May 22, 2012 at 4:51 PM

That video is 3 years old

• super magpie

May 22, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Cheik

Probably, I don’t know why the media are allowed to write such crap tbh. Some of the stuff they come out with is laughable. Speaking of ‘ITKs’, they’re already in full flow on twitter. I only follow them because it’s funny to laugh at the crap they say. I hope Colin is up to his old tricks without betting £1000,losing and then not giving it to the SBR cancer foundation though.

• WWYCD

May 22, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Him, Brahimi, Davis, Sigurðsson, Amalfitano, and Anita all CMs linked with us (have I missed anybody?) whats peoples preferences?

• Partizan

May 22, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Excellent player if you ask me,one of the best assists leaders in Europe.
    I think i’m not quite sure but last season or the season before, he had 17 assist in 1 season.

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

May 22, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Corgnet too. But that’s old news

• WWYCD

May 22, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Oh aye Cognet was a big one a few months back, Martin was the no1 target last summer apparently as well should probably have them in

• Alinufc

May 22, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Sorry preposterous

@dannyo no offence meant but i I dont like this argument of if you’re left footed you have to play on left. Being right footed on left side gives you the opportunity to cut in. Personally feel if we get a winger who can cross it doesn’t matter and gives us a different dimension. Just ook at bayern even though robben is left footed and ribery is right footed robbens on right and Ribery is on the left

• WWYCD

May 22, 2012 at 5:01 PM

8 CMs for realistically 2 max places (more likely 1 lets face it) seems over kill unless a couple are considered to be reserve level but judging by the ones I have mentioned I cant see them signing up for that (barring Amalfitano imo)

• Alinufc

May 22, 2012 at 5:02 PM

*repost damned autpcorrext

• rivettCatcher

May 22, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster… so hello 🙂

For the record I would love us to sign Mbiwa. As for the rest, in Carr we trust. Just to throw a grenade into the forum, who thinks our best signing would be to retain Ashley for 5 years?

140M interest free director loan at -3.5% in real terms (~6M a year as opposed to investing the money elsewhere).
    Through initial bad judgement ruined, so got rid of, the Shearer & KK spectre.
    Runs it as a business so is perfect for a properly enforced UEFA Financial Fair play rules framework.
    Got rid of 10-20M a year loss through amortisation of player value by only singing players of 26 or younger who can improve.
    Trying to upgrade our youth system so we can exploit country wide talent.
    Believes in discount for money up front purchases 😀 (like not buying a sofa or TV on credit).

I am a long suffering NUFC fan so expect it to go horrible wrong anytime soon, but hey, we’re in alot better position than the Sheppard Soap Opera we endured for far too long. And no, I don’t trust MA just yet… he is ruthless but an extremely savvy business geezer. Perhaps we will become an advert for SD, but as long as we’re run properly I don’t care… We should, on support & revenue, be a top 8 club every year.

Thoughts welcome & HWTL!

RC

PS. My subsequent posts will be shorter & more mellow.

• SupaToonKid

May 22, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Doesn’t look half a bad player and also not very well known so a typical Carr signing. Still got fingers crossed on Sigurdsson though as Martin looks very unlikely however wouldn’t mind Brahimi either to fill that goal scoring CM void we need for our 4-3-3 next season.

• cupiddstunt

May 22, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Sorry Ed’s post up too fast for my reading.

From prev thread Dannyo @ # 58

Sorry but had to tend to some business but back now, I agree with what you are getting at but I feel that this idea that left footers should play the left side of the park so out of date it’s ridiculous.
    Try this.

I know it’s about wingers but it‘s also relevant to all positions in the game, so what we have is a discussion not about what is the players natural position but their preferred position Maldini’s preferred position was left back although he was predominantly right footed.

Would he have fared just as well as a right back possibly not as he would have had the opposition coming at him strong foot to strong foot we will never know.

Bayen M have a right footed left back and left footed right back althou’gh they do tend to wander, it keeps the opposition on their toes.
    I understand that statistics have to be taken with a pinch of salt but the above article makes for some interesting reading.

Some of the best players in the world play out of “natural position” as they think out of the box.

I invite you to come out of the old school of thought and join in with the radical thinkers.
    Play where you feel right, not where the teacher puts you.

• Tooooon

May 22, 2012 at 5:36 PM

What does everyone think about Pardew saying ‘5th place is impossible’ … he’s obviously trying to reduce pressure on the players and lower expectations, but secretly I reckon he thinks if we have similar luck to last season then we can. I just wish he’d stop treating us like children, we know what to expect.

I also don’t like him constantly praising Ashley, we can think for ourselves, and I do still dislike him, and always will for the way he treated Shearer, Keegan, Hughton and St James Park…

• yorkshireToon

May 22, 2012 at 5:37 PM

WWYCD – no worries bud, I keep tweeting mark Douglas and lee Ryder if they have any idea or a French journo mate who might have a clue, but they don’t reply… Not that them 2 numptys would know anyway!

Agreed on the far fetched his tweets are so pro Newcastle it just can’t be him!

• SupaToonKid

May 22, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Cupid Stunt

you went in man with that and i totally agree as Santon is the new Maldini he must play on the left (that’s why he’s wearing the no. 3), sorry Dannyo you are not coming back from this one mate

• WWYCD

May 22, 2012 at 5:42 PM

STK
    I am with in hoping for either Sig or Martin for first team and Brahimi or Davis as back up

yorkshireToon
    Its always worth a punt but I doubt they will have a clue…it was at this time we could of tweeted Simmo and he would of informed us all but alas those days are gone

Yeah plus he follows mainly NUFC journos and NUFC accounts surely if it is him Cabs would be following him? I havent checked that out

• cupiddstunt

May 22, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Tooooon @ # 21

Sorry pal but a little bit of “I’m not a baby“ but then spitting the dummy out there.

You don’t want to be treated like a child but you say you still don’t like MA for what he did as a business decision, sorry again but that in my opinion not liking MA for those reasons is just childish.

So in reality what you are really saying is (and this is reading between the lines) AP got it just about right AP blanket treating people like less than adults is just about on the button.

• cupiddstunt

May 22, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I am now ready to be shot down in flames by the Ashley haters who still can’t let go of old gripes

• cupiddstunt

May 22, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Sorry missing link from my post @ # 20

try this

• yorkshireToon

May 22, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Wwycd

Cabs ain’t following him and I’d love to ask Simpson if it really the new right back we’re trying to sign! Ha but he’d probs have another paddy and delete his twitter all together!

• rivettCatcher

May 22, 2012 at 5:58 PM

FYI:

On mobile devices the post number do not show up. Sure Ed & blog hosters will sort this one soon 🙂 Used to worh in web dev & users are a total pain in the #ss! 😮

HWTL!

RC

• Dannyo

May 22, 2012 at 6:01 PM

@cupidstunt
    I got it on the last article 😉
    Yep, i see both sides of the discussion, it’s just, for me, i feel Santon would develope quicker on the right hand side, given that it’s the natural side for him.
    But as long as he has a good feel for the LB role, and does it so it feels natural for him aswell as RB, then ofc, i have no problem with it.
    If we get Debuchy, then Santon is officially our nr. 1 LB. I just think adding an LB, instead of an RB will add further depth through versatility, since Santon can do both, and Debuchy, tecnhinally, can only do RB.
    See what i’m getting at?

I’d love Debuchy to come, absolutely love it, as he’d hopefully, be a huge upgrade from Simmo, especially going forward. There’s probs 15-20 more goalscoring chances created from there that season then.
    Still, i don’t necessarily see the point, as Santon would do the same.

• IFC.Toon

May 22, 2012 at 6:03 PM

—————————Tiote———————–
    ————————–Cabaye———————
    ——–HBA—————————-Tadic——
    —————————–Ba————————
    ———————–Cisse—————————

Sounds delicious eh ?

• FatmanJoe

May 22, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Being linked with loads of midfielders.

Bet our youngsters are thinking ‘what’s the point’

We realistically need Cab cover and that’s it. We need 2 defenders and 2 strikers, plus a keeper.

• Dannyo

May 22, 2012 at 6:08 PM

@yorkshiretoon

Follow @PhilippeAuclair, @davidmcrossan, @mattspiro and @tomwfootball.

If there’s anything worth knowing about NUFC and transfers, they’ll know it. They’re all covering all clubs at times, but david crossan and tom williamson seem to follow NUFC a bit closer.

• Dannyo

May 22, 2012 at 6:13 PM

@yorkshiretoon
    Those are french based correspondents ofc.

• Paps

May 22, 2012 at 6:16 PM

He looked pretty good on the vid. Sign him up Pards

• Obafan

May 22, 2012 at 6:31 PM

This is paper talk, cause Tadic is going to Twente, and that is 100% sure. Every Sunday evening I watch Studio Voetbal, a Dutch football talk show, and it was a month or even longer ago that they told the news that Tadic signed for Twente. sources there claimed it is to replace the Belgian winger Chadli, who is linked with Fulham and Benfica. And that is also true as I am Belgian ;-).

• cupiddstunt

May 22, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Yep Dannyo can’t really disagree with what you are getting at but I just view it from a different angle.

Up until recently I used to play competitive basketball and I play left handed and found I was at a distinct advantage as the opposition was generally used to playing against right handed ball carriers and shooters so they would reach across my body to get to the ball and foul me.

Same goes for football the left footed player would traditionally play the left line keeping the body between the opposition and the ball inviting the foul, or in the case of defence puts strong foot to strong foot, but with Santon if he shows the attacker the outside which keeps them on his “weak” foot but the moment he turns the attacker is on his strong foot giving Santon the advantage in the tackle, but when in attack he looks down the line waits for the defender to bite, but then can turn in again putting the ball on his strong foot.

Thiery Henry loved the left line but was right footed, I think the days of players being positioned by which foot they use or how big/strong/fast they are is rapidly coming to an end and I think we will be seeing more and more cross position players in the future.

Back to the Dutch total football and we will be better for it.

• JAMSHA

May 22, 2012 at 6:47 PM

is the desktop ver of blog still like mobile ver on android,device?