Amalfitano – I Want To Impose Myself At Newcastle

New acquisition Romain Amalfitano has given an interview on the Newcastle web-site today.

Romain Amalfitano – Newcastle’s new signing

And Romain, who’s just 22, wants to impose himself on the Newcastle first team next season, although it could take him a little time to settle down,  and fans should maybe be a little patient with the new lad onboard.

This is what Romain had to say today:

“Naturally, I have this winning mentality that footballers tend to have,”

“Newcastle have already shown last season in their performances without me that they’ve also got that kind of mentality.”

“So I’m hoping to learn and get involved as much as possible with that.”  “I’ve never played in any of the European competitions and of course I’m excited to do that,”

“But I just want to impose myself here. That’s my main objective for the moment – to make a place for myself in the team.”

Romain helped his club Reims get promoted last season, so he’s coming off a successful season in France.

Newcastle should have a lot more games next season than we had this season, when in total Newcatsle  played just 43 games.

And with being in the Europa League and with a good run in Europe,  we could play around 12 more games next season or more, and that means some of the fringe players will get some games.

We also need a decent run in both local cup competitions – the Carling Cup and the FA Cup – and that would increase the number of games even further.

It’s also why Newcastle need a stronger squad in terms of numbers and skills for next season.

Romain is the first one through the door this summer, and he could surprise us next season, since he looks a very decent player, from what we can tell.

But we expect at least three top payers to arrive before September, and also some very decent youngsters to fill out the Development squad too.

Comments welcome.

• alip123

May 28, 2012 at 9:20 PM

There are no comments yet … please kick things off by filling out the form below.

• alip123

May 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM

sorry, I’ve always wanted to do that. he seems ambitious, let’s hope he plays as well as he talks

• Jail for Ashley

May 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM

If he doesn’t sign someone soon being there’ll be a few things too good for Ashley.

• Graeme

May 28, 2012 at 9:23 PM

If he’s as good as his French predecessors, he should be a good signing to have on board. I guess we just have to wait and see!!

• pardew no 1

May 28, 2012 at 9:24 PM

every team should have a budget like 40 million it is stupid like chelsea paid 10 million for that guy from genk and he gets sent out on loan we have never spent 10 million on a player for like 3 years its madness we going to need a great youth system to compete

• WWYCD

May 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Seems a good attitude and knows he doesnt have a starting spot which is great imo (mainly because I want someone better for the starting 11) he sounds like he will push hard though

• graham cwarr

May 28, 2012 at 9:26 PM

How much did we pay for cisse?

• Beardo

May 28, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Ezekiel Fryers has failed his medical, there wasn’t enough bread on his table as a child and as a result, he has failed on grounds of being lack toast intolerant – unfortunate for all parties concerned.

• jakesome

May 28, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I think we’ll be lucky for a player before the euros.
    As for romain, will he fit into a 433 out wide or a cabaye role in front of tiote and jonas, how about a 442? Anyone know

• pardew no 1

May 28, 2012 at 9:27 PM

8 million

• WWYCD

May 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM

pardew no 1
    In a fair world that would work but the world has never been fair plus I doubt we would be saying such things if the City owners had bought us rather than them

• pardew no 1

May 28, 2012 at 9:31 PM

wwycd fair point but you would expect owners to be more happy with having less chance of going bust

• graham cwarr

May 28, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Well 8 million and was still one of the buys of the season. I don’t care what any other team spends tbh

• WWYCD

May 28, 2012 at 9:34 PM

pardew no 1
    Haha aye true but I dont think there is much chance of the big spenders going bust

• pardew no 1

May 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

hahaha ana its a business now

• Toon1978

May 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

WWYCD

Its all opinions mate and i would not want our club to be ran like City or Chelsea. I like to see the youngins coming though and i like to see a good academy and reserve system set up which is exactly what Ashley is doing. We have good kids coming through and i am far more looking forward to who we bring into our academy then who we sign for the first team. We already have the likes of Vuckic, Abeid, Campbell, Streete, Ferguson just to name a few that will be pushing for a spotnext season. We also now have Amilfitano and we signed a young lad a few weekds back that won the Sevens tournament in the far East. Exciting times on that front.

• graham cwarr

May 28, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Im happy that we are in a strong financial position. Sod the rich boys. If the owners get bored they go bust.

• WWYCD

May 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Toon1978
    Yeah mate I am all for that and I am mostly enjoying how the club is run these days but dont tell me that if MA dropped 100 mill on Hulk, Hazard and Marin tomorrow u wouldnt be over the moon

• pbNcl

May 28, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Maybe this is our midfield, with amilfitano in front of a tiote cabaye combination givin jonas a break. Perchy raylor and the yout team helpin out. Fingers crossed for debauchy and de jong

• rknufc

May 28, 2012 at 9:43 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PRyGLC8Qyc this is why we love shola <3

• Jail for Ashley

May 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM

It would be a right result if this player turns out to be another Carr gem,and he’ll have a lot more chance to prove himself than the fringe players did last year with all the extra games.

• pbNcl

May 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Come on fatman sort the team out. Set pardy up

• AndyNUFC

May 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Love this guys goals on YouTube in particular the volley from 40 yards. In reality though he’s probably more a like for like in the Guthrie mould to offer an attack from midfield. Whereas Danny prefers another relegation with Villa. Good on him.

• Toon1978

May 28, 2012 at 9:46 PM

WWYCD

That will never happen at Nufc. Them days are well over mate. In the past, yes i would have been over the moon but i would now prefer NUFC to spot these kids when they are 15 and 16 before anyone else spots them. What chance do the newly promoted clubs as well as our selves have against the likes of Hulk, Hazard and bloody Marin lol. Its a case of the richest get all the goodies while the rest fight over the scraps.

• pardew no 1

May 28, 2012 at 9:50 PM

i think we should sign sulejmani if we lost ba

• Jail for Ashley

May 28, 2012 at 9:51 PM

GCwarr,
    Often had this debate over a few lagers,would you swap 10 years of Messi,Hulk,Hazard and co and a few league titles more than a handful of cups and a CL to boast about for the next however many years,to be followed by two years in the Championship a year in leaugue one then back up again,I think I would sell my soul to the Arabs.

• WWYCD

May 28, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Toon1978
    Again mate I completely agree. Not a chance in hell we will see players with that level of reputation in black and white (mores the pity really)

Though I reckon we can give them a game 😉

I dont like what Man Utd, City and Chelsea do but thats because I support a team on the recieving end of it however if we were profiting like them I doubt many would have a problem with it

• Beardo

May 28, 2012 at 9:54 PM

JFA

You should be strung up to a gibbet on the banks of The Tyne.

• Jail for Ashley

May 28, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Beardo,
    You look like you have been.

• Toon1978

May 28, 2012 at 9:58 PM

WWYCD

I know its the world we live in today but it makes me sick to the stomach when i see the arab oil rich boy spend close to half a billion on a Football while folk in other parts of the world struggle to get a glass of bloody water but like i said, its the way of the world today. I just like watching NUFC play Football and there is nothing better then seeing a young lad make it though the ranks and make a success of himself. A.Carroll was a prime example until he got greedy. Never mind anyway, Europa for us next season, passport ready and Bermuda shorts packed hahaha.

• WWYCD

May 28, 2012 at 9:58 PM

JfA
    Haha I would probably agree though I doubt it will be as bad as all that.

If we got some playboy with a unlimited bank balance even when they got bored (which nothing to say they would as they could easily become a die hard fan) they would have to find a owner willing to buy the club (so they would be stupidly rich too) and after 10 years of titles, CL football and reputation I reckon any club would be raking in money…just look at Man Utd huge level of debt but no bank in the world is going to call that loan in

• WWYCD

May 28, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Toon1978
    Haha exactly mate its all rosey for NUFC atm so lets enjoy it 😉 bring on us getting knocked out by some dodgy side we have never heard of from the back end of beyond 😀

• Beardo

May 28, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I actually model for gibbet magazine, I’ll have you know.

• AndyNUFC

May 28, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Is it just me failing to understand the financial fair play rule with only spending sponsorship or such? Utterly pointless whinging about clubs like City and Chelski but I can only see our game surrendering to the 39th game and ‘needing an Asian player’ to even compete. Must be nice to waste £50mill on a striker then go double that on more forwards next window, eh?

As i say, not whinging.

• Toon1978

May 28, 2012 at 10:03 PM

WWYCD

Nufc have a tendency to kick you in the nuts when the stakes are high, just when you think glory is close, then NUFC disappointing lol. They have been like that for years and it will never change. Its all part n parcel of supporting the best club in the land but that me being slightly bias hahaha.

• graham cwarr

May 28, 2012 at 10:03 PM

@jfa 2 years in the championship would be lenient. Look at Leeds. Portsmouth. The situation you paint is a yes. The reality of being left out in the cold for around 5 years after such success would be heartbreak

• pizzicatochan

May 28, 2012 at 10:03 PM

@Beardo, thanks for your ridiculous amusement, but you Mackem has to get kicked away from this blog now. I want to put on the Fryers’.

• WWYCD

May 28, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Toon1978
    Haha I know mate its heart breaking every damn time but its part of why I love NUFC so much…be boring if we won all the time though just once it might be nice just for a change

English by birth Geordie by the Grace of God after all

• Toon1978

May 28, 2012 at 10:07 PM

AndyNufc

Its not whinging, its expressing an opinion. We live in a free society (supposedly) but that’s what the elite wants us to think hahaha, conspiracy head on again, just ignore me but yeah mate, your entitled to feel hard done by what these big spenders are doing to our beautiful game lol.

• spitfire_

May 28, 2012 at 10:08 PM

?@MsiDouglas
    Big update on #nufc chase for Mapou Yanga-Mbwia – and we get under the skin of new signing Romain Amalfitano & how he arrived on Tyneside.