French Players Want To Come To Newcastle – Pardew

Alan Pardew has said today that word of mouth is good on Newcastle  at the moment in France.

Romain Amalfitano – will take time to settle in

And that’s hardly surprising, after the way Newcastle performed in the Premier League last season, and finally finished 5th top – the highest position since 2004.

And we had top Frenchman like Yohan Cabaye and Ben Arfa helping us out, so we can just imagine how complimentary the reports on Newcastle were last season across the English Channel.

Alan Pardew has today talked about Newcastle’s only acquisition so far this summer – Reims midfielder Romain Amalfitano – who came in on a  free transfer from Reims – much like Mehdi Abeid did last year at this time from Lens.

The Newcastle manager thinks it will take Romain some time to return to his top form for Newcastle, in his new environment on Tyneside:

“Romain’s a player who’s been off the radar for a while, and it’s going to take him some time to get back to his very, very best.”

“But he’s coming into a great environment, and he’ll settle very quickly.” “That’s the beauty of the French market.”

“Word of mouth’s very good, and there’s a lot of contact from players wanting to come to this club.”  “He plays across the midfield, a bit like Sylvain Marveaux.”

“That arms me for the Europa League – I can bring players in and out.”

Amalfitano has spent the last two seasons at second division club Stade Reims, where he played 66 times with 10 goals, after joining them from Evian TG in the summer of 2010.

As with our other French players at the club, Romain is a technically-gifted player, and we think this lad can improve quickly on Tyneside, once he gets used to his new surroundings.

• Indian Magpie

May 30, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Get Them all in.

• Indian Magpie

May 30, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Repost

Hi Guys, This is an article written by me. Please go through if you have the time. comments welcome.

• Indian Magpie

May 30, 2012 at 8:40 AM

My latest First is dedicated to

Papiss on U – from Zimbabwe

• Indian Magpie

May 30, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I dont know whether i am Liked or Hated on the blog 😉

• FatmanJoe

May 30, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Nice to hear. Now let the right ones in.

• Indian Magpie

May 30, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Scott Wilson ?@Scottwilsonecho
    And from @paulfraserecho – Danny Guthrie set to join West Brom rather than Villa. Either way, won’t be staying at #NUFC

• FatmanJoe

May 30, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I think any player in their right mind would join west brim rather than villa. Ah doubt Danny wants a second relegation on his cv

• FatmanJoe

May 30, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Brom

• out of toon

May 30, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Indian – Thanks for the reposted link mate

Good stuff

Liked and Hated???? (depending on the time of the month)
    🙂

• TorqToon

May 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Following Pardews words here, anybody else think that we may already have 1-2 transfers tied up / well on their way ?! French lads who could be headed to the toon?

Debuchy and Mbiwa….wishful thinking maybe?!

• ScottishMagpie

May 30, 2012 at 8:58 AM

TorqToon: maybe a bit optimistic but i would like to think that myself. Hope Debuchy comes in;what i signing he would be! and Mbiwas agent said he is more likely to move to Germany 🙂

• FatmanJoe

May 30, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Not sure but I doubt we’ll see any news on senior players til after the euros. Think it’s all gonna be teenagers in the meantime.

• archaeomag

May 30, 2012 at 9:04 AM

@Indian – well done good piece, you even got a positive in for Shola!

• TorqToon

May 30, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Yeah I think my ambition got too much for me just then! Lol Still…can’t hurt to dream!! I just think that with the link to dreamboat, and the great understanding with HBA in the Iceland game, debuchy could be a future star for the toon and I would like to think talks are well under way wit regards this transfer. And as for a centre half, with talks with Douglas seemingly stagnant, and mbiwa headed to Germany (although that could just be agent talk!), who does everybody believe we will sign?

• Ketsbaia9

May 30, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I think we’ll go for Vertonghen or Aldereweild and a young up and coming centre back. I also would cash in on Tiote and go for M’Villa. We can gain about £5m net if we go ahead with that piece of business. The £5m can go towards signing Marvin Martin. We’ll sign either Debuchy or Cissokho and 2 more strikers (Giroud/Luuk De Jong and Mbaye Niang/Steven Fletcher). I ‘d accept offers of around £25m for Tiote. Diame and Hoilett would also be good signings.

• Minato

May 30, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Hopefully M’biwa’s ommitance from the final 23 man squad for the euros might work in our favor. I never believe a word that agents say anyway regarding the germany comments. Sounds like a come and get me plea to me. I think the only stumbling block will be the fee.

As ive eluded to on previous posts this is the signing i really want above all others.. After our interest in him last summer i endeavered to watch him as many times as i could over the course of last season and he was simply brilliant. Athletic, quick and good in the air and can pretty much play anywhere along the back four. If we bring him and Debuchy in that will be the end to some of those occassional defensive collapses that cost us champions league football this year.

Here’s to hoping..

• TorqToon

May 30, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Ketsbaia9 I love your aims and optimism mate but that would be a dream transfer window (albeit hard to see Tiote leave!). I think that Vertonghen is long gone and should be left in the past, Martin, having been selected in France’s 23, will now push for, and believe he is worthy of, only a CL team. And as much as I would love M’Villa I don’t think we are (yet!) an as attractive proposition as other clubs that may come in. Giroud is amazing….having him at the club will make my year…but alas price tag / wages could scupper our efforts. Niang I don’t know much about. Luuk de Jong would be a signing and a half and could well be a possibility. Diame again…low risk whereas hoillet…may well be of the same mindset as Martin in that he wants a ‘bigger’ club. Shame as he would truly compliment our 433 formation.

• TakingThePapiss

May 30, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Hoilett can hardly be picky – he’s in the Championship atm. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t come to Toon now, with speculation saying that talks between him and Spurs have broken down.