The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Joe Kinnear Wants To Get Back Into Management – Bad Idea

9:57 am, Sunday, June 3rd, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 12 Comments

News today that former Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear is looking to get back into football management.

Joe Kinnear – praying while in charge of Newcastle

Joe talked earlier in the week about his time as Newcastle manager, but after taking over the Magpies in September of 2008, after Kevin Keegan had left the club, Joe suffered more heart problems.

It ended up with him having to have a triple heart bypass in February of 2009, after he took  sick before the game at West Brom, which Newcastle won 3-2, one of only seven wins in the season we were relegated, with only 34 points.

Joe is now 65 years old,  and says that he is  fully recovered from the bypass surgery, and he now wants to get back into the game, as he told the Mirror:

“I’ve just got the all-clear,” “Since I’ve had the triple bypass, I haven’t been that well. Doctor after doctor has advised me to stay away from the game, but I’m bored to be honest.”

“Every week I get more agitated – it’s a nightmare sitting in the stand and watching teams when you’re not involved. Since my second heart attack I’m finding it difficult – I want to go back.”

Joe may want to get back into the game, but surely there’s other ways to do it, that would be far less stressful than managing a football club, which is one of the most stressful jobs you can find.

So he may be okay now, but stress has a very bad effect on the heart as people keep proving, and Joe has already had a few heart attacks in his time.

Getting back into football management just has to be a bad idea for Joe – believe me.

Comments welcome.

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Other News

12 responses so far ↓

• 1 Graeme // Jun 3, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Hey, at least it will be entertaining, if nowt else!!

I think QPR would be an ideal destination for him – him and Joey will be one hell of a double act!!! Thats always assuming his health allows it!!!

• 2 Dannyo // Jun 3, 2012 at 10:04 AM

U never recover from a triple bypass Joe, ever.

• 3 jakesome // Jun 3, 2012 at 10:12 AM

really joe……..really

• 4 Hatem's better than Messi // Jun 3, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Fantasy Football is fun.

Or Joe buy yourself a Playstation and play League manager.

• 5 Indian Magpie // Jun 3, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Dont take it the wrong way,

But if joe was the manager till the end of season, we would NOT have been relegated

IMHO

• 6 Toonboy_84 // Jun 3, 2012 at 10:18 AM

For once Indian…….I agree with you

• 7 Grafton83 // Jun 3, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Being bored is not a good reason to seriously risk your health. Enjoy your retirement Joe, buy Football Manager 2013 when it comes out, in my mind that’s real life anyway.

• 8 magpie6699 // Jun 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Shame it came out after Liverpool had already appointed Rodgers. They must be gutted!

• 9 mattnufc // Jun 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Please God no

• 10 jakesome // Jun 3, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Former Huddersfield manager Lee Clark, 39, is on the Norwich shortlist to replace Paul Lambert, who has taken over at Aston Villa, at Carrow Road.
    would be great to have him in the PL

• 11 Indian Magpie // Jun 3, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Toonboy its a start, long may it continue

• 12 Rotonda heights // Jun 3, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Indian

not so sure about that, we were on a run of something like 5 points out of 24 at the wrong end of the table, playing lousy football. Relegation was the best thing for us in hindsight

previous post: Manchester City Target Newcastle Captain Fabricio Coloccini