St. James’ Park Is Now Jumping Again – Fair Play To Newcastle

Paul Bracewell was born in Heswall in Wirral, which in the county of  Merseyside.

Paul Bracewell – while at Newcastle

And Paul, who was a midfielder, played for Newcastle from 1992 through 1995, and he now runs Complete Soccer in Gosforth.

Liemka  lot of former players he has decided to settle in Newcastle, after playing for seven different clubs,  during his 20 year football career from 1979 though 1999.

And Paul has commented on Newcastle’s progress of last season, with some words during the launch of  the Martin Gray Football Academy’s partnership with Southmoor Academy in Sunderland.

Paul played when Kevin Keegan was managing the club, and the now 49-year-old sees some distinct similarities between Alan Pardew’s current side, and Kevin’s famous Entertainers of the 1990s, which brought Newcastle great publicity around the world.

Paul seems confident things will only get better at Newcastle:

“Newcastle had a fantastic season.” “At the start of the season a lot of key-players left and a lot of people were thinking ‘How are they going to do?”

“Well fair play to them, they did fantastically well.” “European football is great for the town, there’ll be a real buzz about the place.” “But again, expectations will be high as the bar is raised again for next season.”

“That’s part and parcel, I think they’ve got some good foundations in place, and I would imagine they’ll go from strength to strength.” “They’ve got some good players and no doubt Alan will be looking to strengthen in every department.”

“You’ve got to if you want to compete at that level in Europe.” “It’s all about players, whether you get the right ones and as long as you do, it doesn’t matter whether it costs you £100K, £9M or £29M.”

“It’s all about getting good players in, and having a good team spirit.” “They look like they have that.” “It reminds me a lot now of when I was there playing under Kevin Keegan.” “They’ve got everyone working, there’s a good team spirit that you can sense.”

“When you go to the ground now, the place is jumping, and rightly so.” “They’ve had a great season – now they have to try and build on it.”

We somehow think that Paul didn’t check things out with Alan Pardew before he spoke those words, as Alan is busy trying to lower the expectations of the Geordie fans for next season.

And  Fabricio Coloccini, the Newcastle captain, did his part in the local press this morning, when he said the fans and the team had to stick together during next season – whatever happens.

Having said all of that – we definitely hope Paul is right. 😀

Howay The Lads!!

• Graeme

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Hey, another ex player (hanger – on) thinks we had a great season!!

It must be true, they cant all be wrong. Yaaawn

• kt97toonarmy

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:19 AM

yeah true

• Troleibusiukas_LTU

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Where’s the bit where bracewell says it’ll be hard for us to retain out players?!

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:27 AM

If there is any disagreement regarding Cissokho I can see it being about how he stands up against Debuchy.

It’ll be a case of who is better value for money and who will fit the team better.

I wouldn’t mind either to be honest but got a sickly feeling it’ll be Simpson again next year.

• Troleibusiukas_LTU

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM

we should make a swap deal with frech clubs Simpson +5M for Debouchy or Cissokho. He he 😀 sounds good for me 🙂

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I’d love for Simpson to go to France. In fact I think it’d help his career massively!

But he wants money so I expect him to waste away at Villa, WBA or Fulham.

• Spuggy

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Any more news on Mulumbu? Would be a great signing and no ACoN.

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Where in the world is Demba Ba???

Regarding Mulumbu his agents aresorting it out and he’s on holiday hoping for a big surprise.

That sounds really arrogant to me. Almost like ‘I don’t care who it is just get me a good deal’!

• ~Perchinho the Pheonix~

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM

How about Drenthe?

• Spuggy

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Still think two DMF would be a great option, and we need cover for tiote during ACoN.

Where are these defensive signings? Will they be the ones we expect or will Carr pull another rabbit out the hat?

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:57 AM

IMO we need a box to box midfielder who can play DM as well as getting forward so our formation can evolve.

Thats why Diame was for me a great option. Look at Toure for Cithe and remember Viera?!

Not saying Diame is in that category of player but similar style. N’zonzi is a good shout too!

How does Mulumbu play? Is he purely DM?

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I love this blog.

Put something stupid and everyone comments. Make a serious point and it goes deafly quiet

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Beattie ha ha,
    Thats why I spend half my time writing a load of rubbish. 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Does anybody know about whats happening with that Drenthe,are Everton keeping him do we need a player like just looking like Tiote isn’t a good enough reason to sign somebody or is it !

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:26 PM

A player like that***

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I’ll tell you a true story.

Over the years I havenproudly supported England. I have felt every blow, every missed opportunity and every sadness. Each time I have found myself hoping that next time will be the time. I like to kit myself out in the latest international shirt and have spent hundreds of pounds over the years. Recently though I just don’t have the passion. Nufc has always been my first love but England was my summer love, where I felt national pride but it’s all gone.

I was in JJB yesterday. 12 months after I nearly purchased the home and away tops for a combined price of over £100 I stared at the away shirt in all its patriotic glory. Deep blue and emblazoned with the 3 lions. ‘where?’ I thought, ‘where has my English passion gone?’. I reached for the price tag and to my shock I saw it was retailing for £12.50. Just over a tenner. How cheap is that. With an extra bit of my wage left over I pondered purchasing it for a moment and then I relegated. I am not proud of our football team and they don’t represent who I am, and what I believe in. I believe in the armed forces, the emergency services and the true grit of The fine country. Not these over rated, over paid and under whelming footballers. Why should I support England when most of the people wearing the shirt are so undeserving. Poor form, terrible attributes and disgusting escapades on and off the pitch has left me feeling anger and outrage to the England team. I am still patriotic for my country but I shall not, no I will not, support this team.

I didn’t purchase the £12.50 shirt and instead eyed up a French one instead.

I will feel my patriotism again one day but for now, vive le France.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I would spare you the gibbet cage Beattie because I like you.

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I’d love Drenthe. He looks like Tiote evil brother that was banished to the loft to live his childhood in darkness.

• tarie4

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Hope to see more of this lad next season, could save Us a couple million in transfers.

• Indian Magpie

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:49 PM

drenthe is not for everton to keep he is a free agent

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Also Drenthe fell out of favour at Everton and was released (as far as I know) from Real Madrid once his contract was up.

Hed be good as he can do a shift at LB aswell

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Do we need a Drenthe type player,I suppose an Ex Real Madrid player will have quite a high wage demand.

• Indian Magpie

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM

God has no Phone, but I talk to him. He has no Facebook, but he is still my friend. He does not have a Twitter, but I still follow him.

Stole from twitter 👿

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Beattie,
    Why did he fall out of favour I thought he had a cracking season throughout I was wrong once before though.

• Indian Magpie

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:57 PM

JFA he was continously late for training, and was dropped for FA CUP SEMI

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Indian,
    So a waste of space then,all that dough and they cant get out of bed on time.

• WWYCD

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Drenthe was thrown out of Everton because he constantly turned up late to training and wouldn’t listen last straw came when he showed up drunk and for the rest of his loan there he was kept away from the first team from what I last read on him

Kids a bigger waged Nile bleeding Ranger it seems

• tarie4

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Jail for Ashley

He turned up to training drunk, and this was the session before the FA cup second leg with the scum..

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:06 PM

To be fair to Drenthe I would have got slashed before playing the scum cos even half cut I’d still destroy them. And Im shite at playing.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Thats a shame he looked a good player but I suppose if he kept his house in order one of the rich clubs would be offering him a 100K a week so we wouldn’t get anyway.

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Is anyone else excited about the les miserable film coming out soon??

• ochytoon

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Beattie
    They filmed some of that near where I live.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Beattie,
    I thought about it for a couple of seconds and decided no,the Hobbit on the other hand is a different story.

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Ochytoon

I never knew you lived in 18th century France

(insert laughter and mild applause)

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:19 PM

The Hobbit is a different story.

The Hobbit was written by Tolkien and Les Mis was written by Hugo.

So it is a different story all together.

(insert raucous laughter and rapturous applause)

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I take it you liked my double entendre.

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I did and I backed it up with an oblivious statement to enhance your original joke.

We could be the new hale and pace, Barry and Paul or even little and large.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:33 PM

It would be a toss up between Cannon and Ball and the Chuckle brothers.

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Why my day dragging so much? I need s rumour.

I’d even take a Tiote to Liverpool right now.