The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Chris Hughton Back At St. James’ Park Next Season?

11:34 am, Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 228 Comments

We may see Chris Hughton back at St. James’ Park next season after all.

Chris Hughton – while Newcastle manager

There was news earlier this summer that Chris was the favorite for the West Brom job, but it seems there was no truth in that story.

But news today that Cheis ihas actually been given permission to talks to Norwch about the vacancy left by Paul Lambert, when he accepted the job at Aston Villa last week.

Norwich received some good compensation from Aston Villa for their manager, so if they have to pay Birmingham  compensation for Chris, that should not be a problem.

And Chris talking to Norwich has been made official by a statement on the Birmingham City web-site this morning:

“Hughton expressed a wish to speak to the Canaries and permission was reluctantly granted.”

Acting Birmingham Chairman Peter Pannu said the following today:

“Chris is a great manager and deserves the opportunity to speak to Norwich, which is why we have granted him permission to speak to them.”

Norwich City would be a great club for Chris to manage, with their excellent support, and Chris has shown an ability to build;d a good team with very little money, as he did last year when he had Birminghma in 4th place after most of their good players had left following relegation.

And even then manager Alex McLeish left for rivals Aston Villa, but he did the same thing this year as Aston Villa, who only just avoded relegation and now Alex is out of a job.

Norwich City have issued this  statement on their web-site:

“Norwich City can confirm that Birmingham City have granted the club permission to speak to Chris Hughton about the vacant managerial position at Carrow Road.”  “The club will be making no further comment at this stage.”

This should be good news for Norwich City fans and bad news for Birmingham fans.

And of course Chris has Colin Calderwood with him again, and the two of them did so well in rescuing Newcastle from the complete doom and gloom that followed relegation.

Chris was in charge at Newcastle for about eighteenth months,  from June of 2009 until he was surprisingly fired in December of 2010, with Alan Pardew coming into the hot seat.

We wouldn’t be surprised if it’s announced fairly quickly that Chris has taken the job at Norwich – and that would mean we will see him back at St. James’ Park next season.

Newcastle fans never really got the chance to thank him for the great work he did while on Tyneside, and we could now get our chance next season.

Tags: Contracts · Newcastle News · Other News

228 responses so far ↓

• 1 cupiddstunt // Jun 6, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I hope so

• 2 cupiddstunt // Jun 6, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Sorry hit wrong button too early I hope so as he deserves the chance to show he can manage in the prem he did well with us and hope he can prove he is up to it again.

• 3 cupiddstunt // Jun 6, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I think the canaries will give Chris some decent players to work with, they were not bad last season and had some promise, If Chris can steady them the way he did us then he can make them a solid premiership club.

Best of luck Chris in whatever you choose.

• 4 cupiddstunt // Jun 6, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Is it just my imagination or is there a bit of an empty echo around here?????? :-)

• 5 Minato // Jun 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Na im here too cupid…and I agree with you completely I think Chris would be a good fit for Norwich.

• 6 ashwin say's // Jun 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM

newcastle scout keeping close tab on rick vanwolfwinkel for past 6 months,
    love it if newcastle anounce signing complete

• 7 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Cupid…..I thought it was a private party mate ;)

Be good to see Hoots back in the PL. He is a true gent and seems to run a well organized team. Will be interesting to see if he can improve on Lambert’s job at the club. I would think he’ll get a roaring reception at St. James’ Park next season is he makes the move

• 8 Minato // Jun 6, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I think it would be great to see him turn up at St James next season and get a great reception too. He definitely deserves alot of credit for where we are now. Obviously then he would have to endure a pasting but im sure that would just make us love him more. I can imagine the media hype already leading to that game.

• 9 cupiddstunt // Jun 6, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Ibizatoon @ # 7

Agreed I think there will be some noise made for the guy when he comes back here.

I say when and not if as I am sure he will end up managing a prem club somewhere and WILL end up back here some time.

• 10 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Cupid…At some time for sure. The “if” is only whether he takes this job with Norwich.

• 11 TorqToon // Jun 6, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Ashwin – where did you hear the Ricky van wolfwinkle story?

• 12 LEROI // Jun 6, 2012 at 12:17 PM

ha ha just read the Best moving on story & thought Norwich would be a good fit for him & then low & behold the manager that signed him is in talks with Norwich. Anyone think Hoots would sign Besty again given the chance? I do.

• 13 Sazzer // Jun 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Who have made the best signing so far?
    Chelsea signs Hazard 32 m £.
    Man Utd signs Kagawa 12 (17) m £.
    Newcastle signs Amalfitano free.

• 14 Sazzer // Jun 6, 2012 at 12:31 PM

And on Hughton I hope he gets chance.

• 15 martoon // Jun 6, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Hello all – been a while since I posted. I’ve been on holiday (weather was brilliant by the way Ibiza) and started a new job.
    It will be interesting to see what knd of job Houghton makes at Norwich because normally he takes a failing team and turns them around whereas you could say Norwich are a mid-table team.

• 16 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Hi Martoon….Glad the weather help up for you. Did you have a good time, what did you get up to?

• 17 Dougie Bugbal Morris // Jun 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM

The Boy did well at the Toon . Hope he gets the job and does well for them

• 18 Indian Magpie // Jun 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Transfer Central TNC ?@TransferNewsCen
    France Football reports that Inter are very interested in signing Lille full-back Mathieu Debuchy. -F

• 19 ashwin say's // Jun 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

torqtoon his agent has said so,
    also he is agent of neil de jong and seim de jong
    it was on some porteguese blog
    lets see what happen’s next

• 20 simon // Jun 6, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Houghton will deserve his ovation, he did a spectacular job when it was all doom and gloom at toon :)

• 21 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Doom and gloom at the toon? You sure you don’t have the wrong team? We’ve never had any doom and gloom :)

• 22 Ewokshatemackems // Jun 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Reading between the lines, Pardew’s going to Barcelona

• 23 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Ewok…And his first bit of business is to do a direct swap of Ameobi – Messi and Simmo – Alves.

• 24 martoon // Jun 6, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Ibiza – We did a lot of sitting around the pool :-)
    We did get the ferry to Ibiza town and walked up to the top of the old town and of course the hippy market as we were in Es Cana. Hotel was fantastic – I can recommend Thompson Gold to anybody who is going without kids!
    Enough of the holiday review back to football – I think I read that Pardew is on holiday at the moment which is probably why very quiet on the Toon front.

• 25 samich // Jun 6, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Best out, Il-Gwan in and I’d be happy with that ;D

• 26 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Martoon…Well i’m glad you had a good trip :)

Pardew on holiday? How inconsiderate. Here we are driving ourselves insane, whilst he’s sunning off somewhere :)

• 27 GeordieLad // Jun 6, 2012 at 12:57 PM

If we keep all of our players and add 3 first teamers, here’s my squads for the prem and europe.

Prem:

———————-krul——————
    Debuchy–anderweild–colo—santon
    ——–cabaye—tiote–gutierezz——–
    —Ben Arfa——-cisse——-ba——-

Europe:

———————–krul——————
    Tav—— Saylour—– Perch——pieters
    ———————-tiote—————-
    Obertan———–gosling——— marveux
    —————- cisse———-shola———-

• 28 Faddj // Jun 6, 2012 at 1:04 PM

anyone else on here got twitter? everytime I make a comment on this blog I never come back on to check who’s replied to me, and I often tweet about Newcastle and football in general so follow me on twitter people…

@Faddj

• 29 Minato // Jun 6, 2012 at 1:04 PM

@13

I think Kagawa will prove to be very good value for money. Hazard essentially costing 50m by the end of his first season is just too much for me. If Citah were balking at his demands that says it all. Amalfitoono was free and on very low wages/unproven. If he works out, great. If he doesn’t, won’t really be a loss to the club.

• 30 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 1:14 PM

GeordieLad…Good formations and nice to see someone making use of the “current” midfield and attackers at the club. However I doubt we’ll bring in 3 top defenders this window. We’ll be lucky to get one imo.

• 31 martoon // Jun 6, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Faddj @28 – What I do is if I comment on a blog I temporarily save the page in my favourites. Then later you can recall the blog page and see if anybody has replied, you can then delete it from your favourites when your finished.

• 32 sweendog // Jun 6, 2012 at 2:16 PM

anyone else think when best leaves we’ll get Tulio de Melo

• 33 Klatoon // Jun 6, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Inter have Maicon, Nagatomo and a million other options at RB

• 34 hotdog // Jun 6, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I think we would all welcome the chance to say our thanks to CB for the job he did for us. Ive met the man a couple of times and he always seemed very humble to me, top fella.

On a different point it looks like it will be a near sell out next season. What is the situation with building on top of the Gallowgate end? I know this was mentioned under Sir John Hall but cant remember the costs invloved or what the increase attendance would be!!

• 35 ilovetoon8788 // Jun 6, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Tottenham midfielder Niko Kranjcar has confirmed to Croatian media that he is set to depart North London for Dynamo Kiev this summer.

Kranjcar, 27, has struggled to make an impact in the Spurs side over the past two seasons and despite manager Harry Redknapp insisting he is not looking to sell the player, the Croat has been sparingly used.

“The clubs have agreed. Now all that remains are some small details as I agree personal terms,” Kranjcar told Croatian website Jutarnji List. “I personally am not involved with that. I have left that to the people that represent me as I am concentrating on the Euros.”

Redknapp bought Kranjcar from Portsmouth in 2009 and although he made an impression initially, injury and the form of Gareth Bale have restricted opportunities in recent times.

Last month, the attacking midfielder indicated that he could be tempted by a big-money move to Russia or Ukraine.

“In Russia and Ukraine, playing football you can earn huge money,” Kranjcar told Croatian website Index. “Whether we admit it or not, money is important.”

—————–
    precious peak years of his career was wasted. we were interested in him 2 years ago but he was reluctant. now he’s getting old and will never be at his best.

always seen him as just as good as modric. what a waste. if only he used his brain better rather than staying at Spurs and than complaining about lack of first team football. Fantastic player but without brains.

• 36 cupiddstunt // Jun 6, 2012 at 2:30 PM

From what I can remember there was provisional planning permission for an additional extension and it would take the ground to just over 60,000.

But to be honest I think the board would have to see that we are a solid European team before investing that kind of money.

There is a detrimental psychological effect as well as an effect on the atmosphere to having empty seats and as it has been proved in the past even while playing s**t we can get around 45,000 through the door but that would leave 15,000 empty seats when the club is not doing so well (the curse of the glory hunters).

• 37 nimo // Jun 6, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Theres a dude whos on here with a retro shirt site.. Anyone know his name or site im after euro 96 england shirt

• 38 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 2:46 PM

nimo…http://stores.ebay.co.uk/thefootballshirtcollector/_i.html?rt=nc&_sid=130576164&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1581&_pgn=2

• 39 davybtoon // Jun 6, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Just on clyne there chairman saying we ain’t bid for him but since palace are taking the pee with the asking price I doubt we will bid we will surely jus sign him on a free and take our chance at a tribunal for the fee b a lot cheaper than what palace want

• 40 davybtoon // Jun 6, 2012 at 2:51 PM

And about Douglas saying a bigger club than us wants him n everyone went mad on here, there are bigger clubs than us u kno n why was everyone saying spurs he never mentioned what country the bigger club was from

• 41 WWYCD // Jun 6, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Would be cracking to see Hoots back even if its just for a visit would command a huge welcome. Reckon he would take Redmond with him as well

• 42 hotdog // Jun 6, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Cupid – Yeah sounds about right 60K. I think it is dooable might mean extending Family Enclosure and £100 season tickets for bairns but to see the ground extend all the way around would be some sight :-) I think all of the foundation work was done so they basically take the roof off and build up, come on MA what about it?

• 43 Klatoon // Jun 6, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Can see Guthrie joining CH at NCFC. He was a real star performer for him during the Championship season.

• 44 Sazzer // Jun 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Minato
    Yeah, think they all are great signings. Perhaps Kagawa is bit better based on price. And Amalfitano hopefully works out.

• 45 pieceofpapiss // Jun 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM

@Ibizatoon

Just been on that EBay store.
    Had to laugh. All the shirts are 30-40 quid…… apart from the 5under1and shirt, a tenner!! haha

• 46 Ian Magpie // Jun 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM

On the prospect of extending the stadium. On the cost basis it won’t work and certainly not while MA is at the club. In the past there were quotes of 300 million to extend and develop the area behind the Gallowgate! Awful lot of money for 8,000 seats! I would love to see it but don’t think it will happen in the near future anyway. The best bet and its not as far fetched as you may think is for safe standing to be introduced to the Prem. The Germans have had this for years and the good news is that Scotland are going to give it a go. Give it a few years and if it works in scotland it will put pressure on the FA and Preier League to have it down hear. This will allow us to increase attendances without building up into the skies again and the noise and enjoyment will be 100 times better!!! To all those who were to young to hav witnessed the Gallowgate of the Leazes end in full voice…………I really feel for you becouse you have never witnessed anything like the noise and passion!!!! We once took part in the match and not simply watching, waiting to be impressed as we do now! Sad sad sad..very sad indeed!

• 47 pieceofpapiss // Jun 6, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Ian @ 46

I think the main problem has been since they opened Level 7. Some thing to do with the acoustics of having 2 stands biger than the others. The sound echo’s too much and when one side tries to join in with the other it gets a bit lost.

Plus i also think we sign “blaydon races” and ” N and an E and a wubble you C” far too fast.

• 48 hotdog // Jun 6, 2012 at 3:46 PM

pieceofpapiss – Can just see you standing at the side of the pitch orchestrating lol

Ian – I think 300million was to build the hotel and walkway to stadium, im sure in todays climate construction firms would be competetive for this work, plus dont forget there would be boxes with extra revenue.

• 49 Ian Magpie // Jun 6, 2012 at 3:48 PM

@47 I do understand what you say but never in a million years will an all seater stadium (as nice as the amenities are) will better the noise and passion of a stadium where we had ‘an end’! Remember, the Gallowgate end didn’t have a roof but you could hear the noise down at the Central Station!!! Sadly football today has gone to the corporates and support these days is measured by money and not by atmosphere and passion! We have a tremendous stadium, indeed the facilities are some of the best in the world but the experience of todays match experience is far too clinical. The raw passion has largely gone from all Prem grounds, especially ours and it breaks my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 50 Ian Magpie // Jun 6, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Hotdog…………. your spot on but the building over the road and over the Gallowgate Metro would make costs so high it would be extremely difficult to justify for an extra 8,000 seats. Thats why the whole of the area behind the Gallowgate was included in the development so that in real estate terms it would be worth a fortune and generate income. A single stand would only generate a very small amount of income. It would be fantastic to see but sadly imop unlikely!

• 51 Ian Magpie // Jun 6, 2012 at 4:02 PM

@Hotdog 48……….I was regularly lofted high on a barrier, standing above the crowd getting them to sing!!!! WHAT A TOTAL BUZZ THAT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Having 5,000 demented geordies in the Gallowgate Corner singing to my every command will stay with me forever! Also having singing competitions with the Gallowgate Scoreboard was fantastic. I didn’t experience the leazes (under the roof) and I was told that was even better! At least I can say I was there in the Gallowgate and took part which is sad for all those that weren’t! Sadly now but a distand memory!

• 52 Beardo // Jun 6, 2012 at 4:09 PM

So what do people think’s going to happen with Coolio? He’s on a reported 15k a week, with 4 years left to run, he claims he’s changing, do you think AP will wipe the slate clean one final time in hoping he knuckles down?

Davyb

Blackburn apparently only got 900k for Hoilett from a tribunal, so I’d estimate Clyne about the same, not knowing the criteria for these things, but I guess Clyne being English will add a bit, but obviously he’s unproven in the PL, so I reckon we’d be talking 1m – like you said, I’m sure we’d just go directly to the player.

• 53 JAMSHA // Jun 6, 2012 at 4:11 PM

is dis blog changed again? the blog looks all white

• 54 Toon Tang // Jun 6, 2012 at 4:13 PM

yea good lad is our hoots. dont think hes got the minerals for the prem but i suppose time will tell

• 55 hotdog // Jun 6, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Ian #51 – Im with you brother i was a Corner lad myself :-) Remember the snowball fights – some stones stuck in happy days haha – I did get crushed against a barrier and past out on Mirandina’s debut only to come around by two mates with Sombreros on :-/

• 56 Beardo // Jun 6, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Try being a dull square and you get blanked!

• 57 Ben Arfa (Either love him or Hatem) // Jun 6, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Inter after Debuchy…
    Sign him up quick Pardew!!!

• 58 geordieracer1980 // Jun 6, 2012 at 4:52 PM

pieceofpapiss – I agree with you about the singing of certain songs too quickly. I would say that all songs are sang too quickly and a lot of people find it hard to keep up, and it’s only the refrain of the song which is sang in unison; “TO SEE THE BLAYDON RACES!” or “NEWCASTLE UNITED F.C!”. And so on and so forth. We need to slow it down a little bit, lads!

I had a season ticket in the Milburn Stand, right next to the dugout. It was an amazing view but an utterly dreadful atmosphere. I remember one game in particular when we played Stoke, they had big Kenwynne Jones playing up front and he went down right in front of my seat. A couple of lads chanted; “There’s only one mackem bastard, there’s only one mackem bastards, one mackem bastaaarrrd, there’s only one mackem bastard”.
    Pretty standard stuff, really. It is a football match after all, not the bingo parlour. That isn’t what the Security guy thought and he threatened to throw these guys out, even though they’d paid almost 700 quid for their season ticket. I didn’t like this, it seemed a bit like 1950’s Russia to me. I’m told you aren’t allowed to swear around there as the TV cameras pick up the language. Well, they can fuck off! I changed my seat, so now I sit in the Gallowgate where is atmosphere is electric, every single game. And I can swear as much as I want. You should’ve heard the stick I was giving to Martin O’Neill. I would’ve been locked up instantly if the authorities had heard me. But that’s what football is all about. Passion. And your passion manifesting itself as swearys. Happy days, lads. Happy days.

• 59 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Beardo…Seems you were on the right track before then ;)

By Coolio, you mean Ranger, yes?

I think a lot will depend on whether we can get an of fee for him tbh. If we can, then they’ll offload, if not, give him another go or loan him out again.

Surely you’re in the know though Beardo??

• 60 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Jamsha….seems the same to me. What do you mean “all looks white”? The background has always been white, no?

• 61 offthelinebydabizas // Jun 6, 2012 at 4:58 PM

hi anybody know about this spanish guy graham cwarr was on about on twitter cant remember his name though ha

• 62 offthelinebydabizas // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:01 PM

not graham total fail thinking about the scout ha

• 63 offthelinebydabizas // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Miguel Pérez Cuesta apparently a done deal after meeting release clause fee

• 64 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:09 PM

offtheline….We have a “graham cwarr” on here.

No idea on the Spanish guy though, not a twitter like a few on here. I certainly fit the twit profile though

• 65 offthelinebydabizas // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM

maybe thats why i got confused then comes through on twitter as colin it was from the other day

• 66 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Colin is on Twitter…Graham Cwarr is on here. Our Cwarr is cool, Colin is a twat.

Twat on twitter….easy to remember :)

• 67 Sazzer // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:28 PM

offtheline
    Source on Michu being done deal? He’s should be a free transfer but perhaps release clause got away the competition.
    On the player: He’s tall goals scoring midfielder with 15 goals in La liga last season. Strong header, strong long shots. Bit similar to Jonas in his style of movement.

• 68 woodsee // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Hot dog,i was a corner lad too,remember the dodgy hot dog hut in the corner,it wasnt you in there selling them by any chance,hence your name.

• 69 graham cwarr // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I said nowt about a Spanish guy. I refute these accusations of being an itk

• 70 hotdog // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Woodsee – never went near it mate. I knew a lass who sold the pies. She used to get me in for nowt now and again if I carried some pies through the gate for her. Canny lass :-)

• 71 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Agent Bruce to Hull City??? Let’s hope for a cup draw with them, then he can get back to his mission….help the Geordie cause…away from the club :)

• 72 samich // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Jong Il-Gwan looks set to come to Newcastle :)

• 73 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM

“carried some pies through the gate” – is this a new euphemism?

• 74 Indian Magpie // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Hi Guys This is another article done by me, see if you find to read it.

A bit controversial topic so let me know what you think.

Thanks

• 75 hotdog // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Ibizatoon – I’m married now mate, Loose lips and all that lol. I’d often turn around when the shout of “who ate all the pies” went up haha

• 76 Ian Magpie // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:48 PM

@Woodsee 68……….I was at the match (Charlton at home, last match of the season) When the hot dog shed got smashed up with hot dogs and mustard all over the corner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great to know that the lads I stood with back in the day are on here with me!!!! Wish we had that noise today!!!!

• 77 Ian Magpie // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Gallowgate Corner…………………….Ey Man, Ooh Man, Ey Man, Ooh Man, Ey Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 78 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Hotdog….Wink wink, nudge nudge and all that.

Must say both Ian and yourself have made me seriously envious this afternoon. Sounds like it used to be quite an experience down at SJP. Lot’s of noise, football and most importantly loose lipped pies :o

• 79 woodsee // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:52 PM

great days though,i remember the cold wednesday night games,gettin crushed on them concrete posts,and them little dancin men on the scoreboard goin up and doon when we scored

• 80 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Indian…Interesting and well written. Noticed a couple of mistakes in there (only minor :) ).

Personally I am split. If it was another team, i’m pretty sure my view would be that you shouldn’t have too many French players, but seeing as it’s us (and I have a slightly biased opinion), I would say whatever makes the team stronger.

I suppose we need to go by the following guidelines:

1. Do we have enough homegrown players in the squad? Yes
    2. Are we bringing through English youth players for the future. Yes.

As a club we needed a real shake up and it’s great that it’s happened. I don’t mind if we need French, English, African, Asian or whatever to get us back to where we belong, as long as we get there and build for the future generation of fans of this great club *wipes a tear from the corner of his eye*

• 81 samich // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:58 PM

What do ye think of Jong guys? I’m interested to see how he does, been interested in Korea since their Leader died, fascinating country.

• 82 Ian Magpie // Jun 6, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Back when we were kings (the fans) Take a look at the crowd exploding afer keegans goal @9.24 onwards and listen to his comments at the end. The Gallowgate was in delirium that day! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_wMpgL3pKs

• 83 Ian Magpie // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:01 PM

If we had the noise and passion or should i say…….if we were allowed to show the noise and passion we had 30 years ago in todays stadium……………….WOW!

• 84 Indian Magpie // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Ibiza,
    Care 2 share, the mistakes

Thanks :)

• 85 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Ian…would that make us (the newerish fans) the paupers then?

P.S. Newerish is definitely a word by the way :)

• 86 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Indian….

5th para, 2nd line…needs a space between “forNewcastle”.

5th para, 3rd line….2 inclusions of “too many”.

As I said, minor issues. Well written, well done :)

• 87 Indian Magpie // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Thanks, Ibiza

• 88 woodsee // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Ha ha memories are floodin back,was anyone at the game that never started cos of the fog,i travelled all the way from bloody peterboro where i was livin at the time with wor lass,im sure it was a promotion season,and i can remember the ref sending the linesman across the pitch to see the visibility,he took 3 steps and he had disappeared

• 89 Sazzer // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Indian Magpie
    Top 5 of Sunderland wins? Should have been at least Top 50. =)

On your article I would say not over 10 Frenchmen in the squad and 7 in starting eleven. Because then we could play in Ligue 1 instead.

• 90 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM

No pasa nada :)

Everyone else has gone quiet…

• 91 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Sazzer…I quite fancy our chances in Ligue 1….maybe we should be looking at a way to move over

• 92 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Indian…Just seen an article perfect for you :)

• 93 Ian Magpie // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:16 PM

@ibiza………..Not at all mate! You pay your dollars like everyone else and were are all black n white daft together! Im just referring to todays atmosphere not being in the same league as years gone by….. quite simply it isn’t! Thats not the fault of our fans though its just the way football is today. My opinion but going to the match today, although nice amenities is just not the same! Why can’t we have a great atmosphere that is even better than years ago????????????? With a little thought by the Prem League (copy the Germans) it could be done!

• 94 studsy // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Ibiza – in reply to: 3. Are there enough starting 11 English nationals? This area is perhaps not quite as good as i’d like, but hopefully, with a good youth / scouting set up this can be tweaked in the future.

Problem is, English players cost 300% more than the same quality foreign player. Most teams will struggle to put out a couple English players in a starting line up, unless they have a big budget. Like you say, bring your own through the ranks, but you can’t stop them doing a Carroll! Should be some way to regulate the prices of British players, not that I could see it happening.

• 95 tarie4 // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Indian Magpie

An interesting article there mate. Was a good read, however U didn’t mention the attitude of the player we have bought. elano and robinho did not bother learning English and chose to seperate themselves from the group, aswell has other things, thats why mark Hughes dropped robinho from the starting 11.

We have been told that not only does graham Carr look at the talent, aswell as the likely hood to adapt to the premier league, he also looks at the players attitude and his ability to be able to adapt living in another country. Which is a major plus. You also didn’t mention the attitude of the current non-French speaking players, like Jonas collo Saylor etc. Do they make the French players feel welcome, when cabaye came, he didn’t speak a word of English, how did they bond with him in the 1st couple of weeks of the season. How about Liverpool when they had alot of spanish/Spanish speaking players, how did they fair under benetez. How did the likes of gerrald etc fair.

its a huge topic with alot of variables, and U missed alot of them, maybe there is a word limit or U didn’t have enuf time, but for such a big question, U kinda brushed it over without much research , but it was a good read.

• 96 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:21 PM

@Beardo
    Jun 06 – 4:09 PM
    Unfortunatly borussia mönchengladbach only have to pay £900 k because they dont come under the F.A and therefore only have to pay a FIFA training fee and dont have to go to a tribunal where if we were to bid for him we would have to go to an FA tribunal and the price being mentioned is apparantly around £5-6 mil which is a lot of fcuking wedge for a free agent!!! Stupid rule really the only plus with clyne is palace always get mugged at tribunals i remember when spuds nabbed bostock off them they wanted £1 mil and ended up gettin like £70k!!!

• 97 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Studsy…You are spot on. If we do bring through English youngsters, then they’re likely going to be subject to large bids and then sold.

As long as we’re bringing them through, I would hope one day….hopefully not too far away, we could be in a position to tell them to poke their offer.

I would like to think we would anyway. Tbh, £35m for Andy Carroll was an extreme amount of money and he had to be sold. I doubt he’ll ever be worth that in his career and it was a blinding but if business. If it had been me who pulled that deal off, I would wake up every day and think “you clever b*st*rd” with a big grin on my face.

Ian…I was only playing with you, I get what you’re saying. It is a shame, but we’re in a politically correct, not wanting to “rock the boat” world these days. At least you’re lucky enough to have witnessed it yourself :)

• 98 Indian Magpie // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Thanks Guys, thanks for the opinions.

Ibiza i will read that.

• 99 tarie4 // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:29 PM

On the English talent, I think there is alot of English talent out there, for example, nufc cannot afford the top and possible middle branch of French\dutch talent.When we bought cabaye, he was in the middle branch, if there was no release clause he would have cost 10-12 million, like dejong he will cost 12 mill plus. the upper branch is the benzema’s etc.
    Now with good scouting and clever buying we have managed to get good talent from these leagues tiote. Why can’t we do it in England. And not all of them come with high wages and big prices, I am sure we can pick up 2-3 from the championship etc, who have unseen potential. Mr Carr is a magician after all ;)

• 100 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Tarie….True. I do think we are looking in the Championship etc, hence the links to Clyne, etc. I just think it’s harder to do it on the sly within the UK and then the prices sky rocket.

For me, Shane Long last year would have been a good buy from the Championship. What did he go for in the end? £4m more or less?

• 101 ROSHAN MAGPIE // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM

• 102 magpie79 // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Newcastle scout and enquire about 100s of players!it doesn’t mean were gunna buy every single players.graham carr takes I’m up 2 3 games on his scouting trips in a weekend and watches loads of players.like with cisse,tiote and cayabe carr had been watching them and knew about them season ago!that’s why u get all the clubs and agents coming out saying newcastle are interested!newcastle wouldn’t be scouting properly if they weren’t asking after loads and loads of players that’s why u get all these reports were in for all these players!so when people on the blog complain were getting linked with all these players it doesn’t mean were in for them just that we have enquired about them and like I said before that’s the way newcastle shud be doing it and we need 2 have a big scouting network 2 get the right players and the right deals 4 the club!

• 103 ROSHAN MAGPIE // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:33 PM

100 th comment

• 104 ROSHAN MAGPIE // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:34 PM

hundred

• 105 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Roshan….*shakes head*

Magpie79…Well said. I would imagine we’re a good club to say are interested in players if you’re an agent trying to drum up some business as well. But yes, of the 100’s of players we must be looking at, only a few will become actual targets for the club.

• 106 studsy // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Tatie4:
    League 1 Club: Can we buy your player please?
    Selling club: Yeh give us £100,000…hang on my mobiles ringing.
    NUFC: Hi we want to buy your player.
    Selling Club: *hangs up on L1 Club*…Sure he’s yours for 5Mil

• 107 tarie4 // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Ibizatoon – Back by popular demand

We did try bring through English youngsters, and nearly all them are being released by the club. I guess that’s why they have change direction and are looking for young foreign lads like abied etc. I just think there isn’t any English talent out there, apart from a few, its got nothing to do with prices or wages, there just isn’t any talent. The u21 and national team prove this. However having said that, i have a slight hope, or dream that we can pluck some kidd from league one and he could be our next shearer, Beardsley etc. There has to be someone out there waiting to be the next toon legend hahaha :)

• 108 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Tarie….We live in hope :)

There doens’t seem to be anyone really taking the England team by storm is there? I was going to say players like Owen and Rooney, but my God saying that I realised how old i’m getting!

I need a drink!

• 109 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Is anyone doing a dream team for the Euros? Ed did one for the league (which I didn’t join), but doesn’t appear to be doing one for the Euros.

The Sun are running one, anyone got a mini league going?

• 110 Indian Magpie // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Tarie4,

Thanks for that mate, just started writing, wanted to finish the topic with a limit in mind. hopefully the next will be better.

GTG, 4 the day. see u all later.

Thanks

• 111 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Any 1 who genuinly still believes that mike ashley is the anti christ and is tge worst thing to ever happen to club football well 2 words for you ……

Cardiff city

• 112 tarie4 // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:48 PM

studsy

As they hang up the phone on the league one team, they dial the presser etc so that other teams can bid for the player, and get into a bidding war, however, if there was alot of talent like in the other leagues, surely the prices would be far cheaper, I guess the reason they are so expensive is coz there isn’t any talent, so the few with potential are sold for massive prices, as they are few and far between.
    I am sure if Rhodes was in the 2nd division in France, Holland or Germany, he would not cost more than, 3 mill (just me speculating, could be wrong) Huddersfield want about 8 mill. That speaks volumes of the current climate.

• 113 tarie4 // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:52 PM

toonarmydownsouth

Cardiff might have given fat controller an idea there mate. Too soon to judge, they might have opened the flood gates and proved that it can be done. ;) we ain’t home and dry yet.

• 114 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Tarie….Surely Ashley knows if he tried to make us go red, there wouldn’t be one fan turning up anymore.

• 115 Sazzer // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Tarie4
    We have been linked with some English players and picking up Simpson, Guthrie, Gosling, R.Taylor, Willo have been decent buys to get us to were the team is right now. Hopefully the next English players we bring on will take us to next level.

• 116 Kc-Toon // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Daniel Pacheco twitter ?@dani37pacheco

@glen_johnson good luck negrito !!!!

Liverpool cant help but make the headlines for the wrong reasons !

• 117 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Before anyone starts…the new away kit is Burgundy not red! :)

• 118 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 6, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Tarie fingers crossed for the best eh!!

Seriously though do feel for cardiff fans been on a couple of there forums and tgere taking a right pasting of all the other fans in the league have to say thats the 1 thing i miss about tye fizzy pop league thought the banter was much better!

• 119 WWYCD // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I think there is alot of English talent out there @99

I just think there isn’t any English talent out there @107

What a difference 11 minutes makes eh ;)

• 120 tarie4 // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Ibizatoon

Lets see how the OX performs at the euros, that if he get playing time. Wilshire could also be a future star, if he shakes of his injuries. but it is frightening when U see the amount of talent France have, that Ben arfa, martin etc could be bit part players. Not to mention the Spanish and the Germans. Uruguay, brazil also. Old Woy has a mighty job to do, wonder how old ‘Arry would have faired if he got the job. Probably tell the UK government to give citizenship to bale and the like haha ;)

• 121 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Is there no sensor or moderating on Twitter? I suppose not, otherwise Joseph “wishes he was a child beater like Yo” Barton wouldn’t be allowed on

• 122 Dannyo // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:02 PM

@wwycd
    Ouch… :P
    U actually read all the comments too :P

• 123 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Ibiza i actually remember being in sports direct, cathing a glance at the team GB kit and thinking that better fcuking not be our new home kit!!!!

• 124 tarie4 // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:03 PM

WWYCD
    This is the sentance at 107
    “I just think there isn’t any English talent out there, apart from a few”

Guess U ignored the last bit ;)

• 125 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:03 PM

WWYCD….Are you like Beetlejuice? I start to type about Barton and the Child Beater and there you are :)

Tarie…Wilshere looks promising. Ox could have a good tournament…fingers crossed.

I’m glad ‘arry didn’t get the job tbh. Winds me up to no end. Can’t bare to listen to the bloke. Mind you, be interesting to see what whining excuses he would have come up with.

• 126 studsy // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Good point tarie. Would love to see the figures on how much premier league clubs spend scouting England, spend on scouting abroad and spend training English / foreign talent.

Could also be the fact clubs are more financially focused on other countries that english players are also not getting te opportunity. Anyone fancy going through 20 sets of financials? :P

• 127 studsy // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:05 PM

• 128 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Studsy…Did you decide on reflection that you weren’t happy with your comment?

• 129 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Ok just stood infront of a mirror and nervously said
    WWYCD
    WWYCD
    WWYCD
    Not gonna lie bit disappointed

• 130 WWYCD // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Dannyo
    Haha aye must admit I do :) normally some decent banter to be found

tarie
    Haha howay mate “alot” and “a few” kind of mean different things

Ibiza
    Pretty much mate and, upsettingly, probably similar levels of black and white clothing going on….like to think I have better hair though :D

• 131 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:07 PM

OK, well I’ve spent long enough correcting people today :)

Off to have a drink and some food.

Play nicely one and all and don’t forget to turn the lights out later….the bill last month was outrageous!

• 132 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:09 PM

WWYCD….Well, from now on I certainly have a mental image of what you look like and you aint got anything on wor Yo!

Night everyone x

• 133 WWYCD // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Ibiza
    LMAO proper belly laugh u caused there

toonarmydownsouth
    Thats what I do each morning mate Yohan never shows up though :( thankfully Barton didnt either ;)

• 134 WWYCD // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Ibiza
    Have a good un lad

• 135 tarie4 // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Loved how he said the champion league was overrated yday, hahahaha, however I do hope spurs extends his contract. Would be a shame to see him go, I think spurs will be the pinnacle of his career, that’s if Roy lasts in the England job.

• 136 WWYCD // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Seems we are getting used again

• 137 tarie4 // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:18 PM

WWYCD

Aye mate, but I think you didn’t get what I was trying to say, or I didn’t word it properly
    @99 I said there is a lot of talent, the likes of Milner, Wilshire etc but we can’t afford it. There are the top branch and middle branch of players, we aim for the lower branch, hence I gave the cabaye example.
    @107 I meant that there aren’t any lower branch players, who have much talent to develop into top players, hence why I mentioned that we are releasing alot of English youngsters. That’s what meant. :)

• 138 WWYCD // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:21 PM

tarie
    Haha its cool mate I wasn’t having a pop it just made me laugh so thought Id point it out

Also Hassan Hissein has been linked with us by his agent 105 goals in 189 games at the age of 20

• 139 tarie4 // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:28 PM

WWYCD

Do U have a link? Or is it twitter talk? A very impressive record that

• 140 Dannyo // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:28 PM

@wwycd
    Ah, the Chad international right?
    I have suggestion, if we’re thinking it’s one for the future, we’ll type OFTF :P
    Hassan Hissein – OFTF imo :P
    Nah, allot of goals, but honestly, playing in Chad, that means naught imo.
    Interesting that several is following tho, must me a head or two above his countrymen.

• 141 tarie4 // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Good goal that ;)

• 142 tarie4 // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Dannyo

Cheap wages, cheap transfer fee and give him a 3 yr contract, if he does well extend it, if not, he will be easy to get rid off. He might go to the Belgium league or France etc, and if he comes good we might have to buy him for a couple of million, lets get rid of the middle man I say haha

• 143 tarie4 // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:40 PM

WWYCD

Cancel that, just saw the link above… Hahaha

• 144 WWYCD // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:41 PM

tarie
    Sorry mate my link to it has gone but it was a sky sports website link Liverpool and another club were mentioned as well

Dannyo
    Aye thats the lad haha and I am right there with u haven’t a clue on him at all Chad isnt a mecca of footballing greatness as far as I know

But arent I getting good bringing two obscure player links in as many days feeling like Colin ;)

• 145 WWYCD // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:42 PM

….am sure I didnt post the link how the dickens has that happened

• 146 Dannyo // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:45 PM

@tarie4
    If it’s at all true…
    And what about this north korean lad aswell?
    Then there’s the australian RB we had on trial.
    We’re going new lengths here.

• 147 Dannyo // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM

@WWYCD
    U are, very good indeed. Didn’t think u had it in u :P
    North Korea and Chad… An Alaskan fella next? :P
    Was it cwarr that said some spanish lad had signed for us, “done deal, to be announced” type thing…again…
    I don’t follow him, but i swear i saw someone here in the blog post something.

• 148 WWYCD // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Dannyo
    Haha I would freaking love it if we signed a Alaskan star how fantastic would that be haha
    I haven’t a clue on what Cwarr has said mate pretty sure he blocked me a while back when I dared to point out that he was wrong…very naughty of me

• 149 Dannyo // Jun 6, 2012 at 7:57 PM

@WWYCD
    I told this agent_Itk fella that Hoilett had almost moved to Borossia Monchengladbach, just after he had linked him to someone else.

I got so told off… I managed to block him first tho, ha!

Found the post, it said; “Miguel Pérez Cuesta apparently a done deal after meeting release clause fee”

No clue who it is.

• 150 Sir Asian Magpie // Jun 6, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Dannyo, think we’re supposed to be sealing Debuchy tomorrow according to the ‘transfer sage’ who’d heard it from the receptionist’s phone call!

• 151 WWYCD // Jun 6, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Dannyo
    Haha really? I follow him and he seems fairly sound and pretty good on his touts

Oh Miguel Pérez Cuesta hes that….erm….Spainish….CM? Yeah have no idea who he is but we know how well the Spainish settle in the PL he can join our current Spainish star as well

Lets all have a Xisco!

• 152 bills-son // Jun 6, 2012 at 8:03 PM

The roof will come off when Hughton comes back to St James P:ark, and rightly so. And I bet Pardew will be one of those applauding.

Along with David ‘Ned’ Kelly, Hughton is one of those Toon icons who literally went from zero to hero in the fans estimation.

I can still remember David Kelly running himself into the ground trying to help our struggling young team stay in the old 2nd division. Ardiles got scaked, along came Keegan, and I still remember Kelly knocking in a screamer ior a 1-0 victory in a home game we HAD to win against Portsmouth. In the promotion year the following season he scored the goal away to Grimsby that took us into the new Premier League. And then Keegan sold him in the close season.

Hughton and Kelly, two Toon heroes, and two true gentlemen that will never be forgotten.

• 153 Dannyo // Jun 6, 2012 at 8:09 PM

@Sir Asian
    I don’t follow that one, as inaccurat as Cwarr imo, but haven’t heard that rumour either.
    I don’t think we’ll talk until after the Euros, i don’t think Lille will let us if i’m honest.

@WWYCD
    Ye, that’s what i thought too, and that’s why i followed. He was right on Lambert, Hazard, Hulk, etc. I was only implying to him the link on Hoilett, but he lashed out still, lol.
    Spanish and Italian are always scary in the PL… In Carr we trust? :P

• 154 pizzicatochan // Jun 6, 2012 at 8:16 PM

• 155 Dannyo // Jun 6, 2012 at 8:19 PM

@pizzi
    The hell? He scored 17 goals as an attacking midfielder? In Primera Division? Now that’s something…

• 156 pizzicatochan // Jun 6, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Xabi Alonso was great with Liverpool, and he’s Spanish.

• 157 WWYCD // Jun 6, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Dannyo
    Tbh his lastest posts have been narky towards anyone who disagrees with him from what I have seen maybe he is just a douchebag haha

pizzi
    Some impressive stats for the lad

• 158 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 6, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Dannyo transfer sarge was some1 posting on here saying he knew that debuchy would be signed by tomos because he over heard the receptionist on the phone!

• 159 Dannyo // Jun 6, 2012 at 8:27 PM

@tads
    Oh, could’ve sworn there was someone named that on twitter, but maybe i just remember it wrong then, cause i can’t find him when i search now.

Anyways, i still find it improbable.
    Someone named “transfer sage” saying he heard we’ll sign debuchy over a respetionist phone?
    Right…

• 160 pizzicatochan // Jun 6, 2012 at 8:29 PM

According to this site, we are signing 11 new players including Kalou.

• 161 Dannyo // Jun 6, 2012 at 8:31 PM

@WWYCD
    Yep, and i felt it :P
    I asked nufcfans on twitter about the trialists, but we had signed none yet. And everyone was on holiday so hard to get a hold of agents they said.
    Also asked them about the french winger Ibrahimi, or what he was called, i’m poor on names, sorry.
    They were gonna call his agent, but no answer.

• 162 Jail for Ashley // Jun 6, 2012 at 8:32 PM

bills-son@ 152
    I hope you’re sitting on it at the time : )

• 163 WWYCD // Jun 6, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Dannyo
    Oh I NUFCfans.co.uk is that mate? I cant stand them either

Winger u mean was it Brahimi? Only one I have heard of lately

• 164 Dannyo // Jun 6, 2012 at 8:40 PM

@WWYCD
    I find them quite good in what they do :) And they often RT me so i get more followers :P
    Brahimi, yes, that’s the one. Seems we’re not the only ones after him tho.
    But this is a player i hope we sign.

• 165 Dannyo // Jun 6, 2012 at 8:41 PM

@Jail
    Lol, u do like a good wind up dont ya :P

• 166 WWYCD // Jun 6, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Dannyo
    Fair play mate but a lot of the NUFC ones I follow have said nufcfans steal a lot of their information and dont credit them then when they mention it they get blocked

And in my limited dealins with them they seem very much full of themselves

• 167 Dannyo // Jun 6, 2012 at 8:52 PM

@wwycd
    Oh, i can honestly say i’ve never come across that, i’ve seen some quarrels, but i don’t bother with it.
    But we all have different experiences at times.

Who are u on twitter btw?

• 168 Dannyo // Jun 6, 2012 at 8:53 PM

And in all fairness, Ed doesn’t always credit stories either, and neither does Ryder or Douglas.
    I once saw a tweet from Dan King having a bit of a go at them for making an article of something that was said 4 days ago on nufc.co.uk.
    Changing it enough to not get caught for the most part.

• 169 gonufc (up and Hatem) // Jun 6, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Apologies if it’s already been put up but thought I’d post this:

Sign him up!! The New Shearer.

• 170 ryan toon // Jun 6, 2012 at 9:12 PM

whats this about debuchy lads any truth in it?

• 171 Ben Arfa (Either love him or Hatem) // Jun 6, 2012 at 9:16 PM

@Ryan,

Is this ryantoon off VIP box?
    Apparently Inter have put an offer in of €7 million

• 172 Jail for Ashley // Jun 6, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Hope Mashley doesnt get any bright ideas from Cardiffs new investors.

• 173 ryan toon // Jun 6, 2012 at 9:21 PM

apparently someone said he was ment to be signing for us tomz

• 174 Jail for Ashley // Jun 6, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Anybody know why there’s five Dutch clubs in the Europa league ?

• 175 Beattie25 // Jun 6, 2012 at 9:26 PM

So we are signing a North Korean, a Chad and a Argentinian midget??

What ever next?

• 176 Ben Arfa (Either love him or Hatem) // Jun 6, 2012 at 9:29 PM

It could be worse,
    We could be signing a hobbit-like creature going by the name Beattie25 ;)

• 177 Beattie25 // Jun 6, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I’m more like an orc to be fair

• 178 Ben Arfa (Either love him or Hatem) // Jun 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM

News on the Debuchy front?
    Anyone know if contact has been made for the Spanish midfielder too?

• 179 Gateshead-Mag // Jun 6, 2012 at 9:58 PM

seems quite on the transfer front, whole premier league i mean

anyone remember last year had we signed any1 by this time??

• 180 Gateshead-Mag // Jun 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM

quite quiet i was meant to say lol

• 181 graham cwarr // Jun 6, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Has anybody else noticed the terrible Trend recently that some fullbacks seem to be nothing more than wingers coming from deep, with very little in the way of defensive qualities?

• 182 JAMSHA // Jun 6, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Ibizatoon

naa man lol b4 its was black layout nw it looks white…..n no newcastle blog header

• 183 GeordieoftheSouth // Jun 6, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Anyone heard from Transfersarge recently!? Looking forward to the apparent press conference when Debucy will be apparently unveiled tomorrow as a Toon player.

• 184 graham cwarr // Jun 6, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Alas he’s been reprimanded by the transfermajor ;)
    Transfer sage is due a good ribbing if this doesn’t happen

• 185 GeordieoftheSouth // Jun 6, 2012 at 10:20 PM

He seemed to really believe it though! Bless him. I still hope we do get Debuchy but its going to be a long transfer window!

• 186 graham cwarr // Jun 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Yeah but those people really believed that the world was gonna end last year and that didn’t happen

• 187 Jail for Ashley // Jun 6, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Sometimes when you look at the things Mashleys done,can you imagine being a Cardiff fan right now,f*kc me that would be a bit like us playing in red,blue and white just because sports shops are lucky in Shanghai.

• 188 GeordieToon89 // Jun 6, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Who’s the argentinian midget?

• 189 graham cwarr // Jun 6, 2012 at 10:39 PM

@gt89 messi ;)

• 190 pizzicatochan // Jun 6, 2012 at 10:43 PM

GT89, or are you talking about the 5’1″ Daniel Villalva?

• 191 GeordieToon89 // Jun 6, 2012 at 10:43 PM

A see, a dunno if he’d make it into our team though hmmm

• 192 Beattie25 // Jun 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Argentinian midget is villalva of River Plate.

• 193 Dannyo // Jun 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Puma gets early delivery of their home and away kits. Will be shown june 12th.
    Think ours will be there?

• 194 GeordieToon89 // Jun 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Well this Villalva looks fecking awesome ha, he’s literally be able to run inbetween crouchs legs ha

• 195 pizzicatochan // Jun 6, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Newcastle United FC a.k.a. The Lord of the Rings Team

• 196 GeordieToon89 // Jun 6, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Now Football?@Now__Football

Youssouf Mulumbu close to signing with Newcastle. #nufc #wbafc

• 197 Sir Asian Magpie // Jun 6, 2012 at 11:11 PM

For anyone interested, Pards is writing for the Independent throughout the euros, his first write up monday I think it was, well worth a read.. Tipping Lewandowski of Dortmund for a big tournament.

• 198 NUFCFAN76 // Jun 6, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Bit of a repost: anyone have any solid info/update on the friendly in Pittsburgh vs AC Milan August 3rd??

• 199 GeordieToon89 // Jun 6, 2012 at 11:17 PM

NUFCFAN76 – Nothing as of yet mate, looking more likely it was just rumours but hopefully it will be sorted

• 200 NUFCFAN76 // Jun 6, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I really hope so GT! Last July, Kansas was incredible: a dream come true! I greatly appreciate your kind words and input then and now. Cheers!

• 201 GeordieToon89 // Jun 6, 2012 at 11:28 PM

If I hear of anything I shall post on here straight away, must go to sleep now early morning gym session again and im literally dying of tiredness ha,

Night lads, Take care

• 202 NUFCFAN76 // Jun 6, 2012 at 11:31 PM

PM, email, hell, send up a signal flare! I’d appreciate any info, thanks again! Take Care

• 203 JAMSHA // Jun 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM

looks like hulk lol

• 204 graham cwarr // Jun 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM

@jamsha a mini Lou ferrigno

• 205 gonufc (up and Hatem) // Jun 7, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Interesting that he has a few people who have been loosely linked with Newcastle tipped by Pardew like Christian Eriksen and Rasmus Elm- he even seems to state that Eriksen is a bit too much of a gamble at the moment because of the price.

Shows that these players are more than on the radar. Promising. Much better than in the past when managers don’t know anyone outside England!

• 206 RonVanDam // Jun 7, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Premier League new boys Southampton are set to complete the signing of Burnley striker Jay Rodriguez, 22, for a fee of £7m.

Full story: talkSPORT

• 207 RonVanDam // Jun 7, 2012 at 12:57 AM

@203 – his profile says he weighs 50kg. i guess he wont be milking penalties when he’s pushed in the box

• 208 JAMSHA // Jun 7, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Graham Cwarr

yea :-)

• 209 JAMSHA // Jun 7, 2012 at 1:02 AM

RonVanDam

haha yea strange he is 50kgs , may be he’s on diet

• 210 RonVanDam // Jun 7, 2012 at 1:03 AM

6hrs ago – Redknapp rejects Mulumbu interest

• 211 RonVanDam // Jun 7, 2012 at 1:21 AM

@209 – he’s got good speed, lacks killer instinct and is piss poor in the air. With that weight he’ll fly away the next time the wind blows. He reminds me of another player we already have. His name sounds like Terrible overtoon

• 212 JAMSHA // Jun 7, 2012 at 1:28 AM

RonVanDam

did u mean obertoon :-P

• 213 JAMSHA // Jun 7, 2012 at 1:30 AM

time to get a new android fone for this game

• 214 RonVanDam // Jun 7, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Jamsha

Get a Iphone lol. Android apps suck

• 215 RonVanDam // Jun 7, 2012 at 3:08 AM

6 reasons why Demba Ba will leave

• 216 toon1986 // Jun 7, 2012 at 4:57 AM

hi chaps
    currently in Miami -usa for a 2 week holiday!! staying on washington avenue sout beach….any of our usa followers no where i can catch the england games ???
    cheers

• 217 Indian Magpie // Jun 7, 2012 at 5:08 AM

New day, so i thought i will repost.

Hi Guys This is another article done by me, see if you find to read it.

A bit controversial topic so let me know what you think.

Thanks

• 218 Baro // Jun 7, 2012 at 5:47 AM

toon 1986

i dunno what to say because i live in tennessee, nowhere near floridaa

• 219 graham cwarr // Jun 7, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Seeing us linked with 19 year olds. Development squad?
    In other news its transfer sages judgement day.

• 220 jesperfuglsang // Jun 7, 2012 at 7:21 AM

@Indian Magpie

It depends on your point of view mate ;)

In am not a Geordie not am I British, so I don’t really care too much about where the players come from.

The EPL is a global brand now a days and I would even think half the people on this blok are not British :)

For all I care bring on the French lads; the important think for me is that whey genuinely wants to come here, are not mercenariness or glory hunters.

They above all just want to play in black and white in front 52.000 screaming NUFC fans :)

• 221 jesperfuglsang // Jun 7, 2012 at 7:21 AM

@Indian Magpie

…but nice article once again mate ;)

• 222 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2012 at 7:38 AM

What are the forums saying the reason for Ferdinand being overlooked for,my guess is that it’s over the Terry carry on,if that’s the case surely it should have been Terry staying home.

• 223 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 7, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Good morning.

Cwarr….I’m confident transfer sage wont let us down ;)

JFA….I think it’s he’s too old…like Terry. Ermm….too slow….like Terry?

Is it he lacks international experience?
    Is it he’s a total twat and recently got himself sent off in a major game for his club? Oh wait, no, that was Terry.

I’m at a loss

• 224 jesperfuglsang // Jun 7, 2012 at 7:45 AM

JFA

Ferdinand has been the weak link in the Man Utd. defense this season if you ask me.

Don’t think his performance this season justifies a place in the National Team.

…but that is just my opinion – it might not be the reason why the F.A has overlooked him ;)

• 225 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 7, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Jesper….On that basis, I can think of a fair few who shouldn’t be in the squad

• 226 Indian Magpie // Jun 7, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Thanks Jesper

• 227 Indian Magpie // Jun 7, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Ibiza,

The receptionists have let a lot of people down mate. so wait till the thing is sealed :twisted:

• 228 jesperfuglsang // Jun 7, 2012 at 9:11 AM

@Ibiza

I couldn’t agree more mate ;)

a lot of players should feel robed by not goin’ to the European Cup this summer.

This is just my opinion and I mean no disrespect, but England should count them self lucky to go further than the group stage.

I even think your team is worse than our team :) lol

previous post: Newcastle May Take Pass On Big Brazilian Defender