Crystal Palace Pour Cold Water On Reported Clyne Talks

Crystal Palace’s co-Chairman Steve Parish has poured cold water on the story that Newcastle are already in talks to buy their 21 year-old right back Nathaniel Clyne.

Nathaniel Clyne – no talks with Newcastle on this player

The Chairman has said that Newcastle have previously expressed their interest in the England U21 International, but the recent stories about them being in talks right now to tie up a deal for their top youngster, are simply not true.

This is what Parish had to say to the South London Press:

“I read them and they are not true,” “It’s completely made up – I hate using those words but they have just got bad information.”

“I had a chat to people there a while ago and they do quite like him – but that doesn’t mean they are going to buy him.”

Newcastle seem to be after two right backs – French international Mathieu Debuchy and Clyne, and most of our readers would prefer to see Debuchy arriving on Tyneside, with 70% preferring the French International and only 24% wanting Nathaniel – with 6% not sure.

There’s still time to vote on our home page is you haven’t yet done so.

We’d be happy enough with Newcastle signing either of these these two very good right backs, whether or not Danny Simpson leaves the club in the summer.

Danny still hasn’t signed that new contract, and we would expect news that the Magpies have put him up for transfer, if he doesn’t sign the deal shortly.

• Raj

Jun 6, 2012 at 10:29 AM

1st!! Nad he is not coming it seems!!

• Raj

Jun 6, 2012 at 10:30 AM

*Nah

• Raj

Jun 6, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Any news on Rosales anybody??

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jun 6, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Still doesn’t change a thing. We really can’t believe anything a player, manager, owner or agent says. There are so many different techniques (if you can call them that) during the silly season.

We’ll only know when a player signs.

“Summer time and the living is easy”

• grumpy_old_sod

Jun 6, 2012 at 10:35 AM

This news doesn’t mean we don’t want clyne, if anything it reinforces the fact that were interested in him.
    Personally I think we will try and get debuchy then reconsider clyne, pending that outcome.

• verytallperson

Jun 6, 2012 at 10:36 AM

How many of these long protracted ‘interested in’ stories have ended in a signing? None. I do hope this changes with Clyne and Debuchy (I want ’em both) but it seems that as soon as our interest becomes common knowledge the price either goes sky high or we get gazumped by a bigger team.

• Colo-Sus

Jun 6, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Ibiza is right,

I say every day, all the rumors and exactly that RUMORS,

whether with players coming in or going out!

Nobody in the press really has credibility with all of this, its all just selling papers.

When theres a photo of a player holding up a shirt at St James Park, Only then will I believe anything, and likeise about outgoing players.

Utter rubbish the lot of it

• Faddj

Jun 6, 2012 at 1:05 PM

anyone else on here got twitter? everytime I make a comment on this blog I never come back on to check who’s replied to me, and I often tweet about Newcastle and football in general so follow me on twitter people…

@Faddj