The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

French Star Thanks Alan Pardew – I Owe Him A Lot

9:17 am, Thursday, June 7th, 2012 by Ed Harrison · 27 Comments

One of the very good signs for Newcastle last season was that the new players seemed to settle very quickly on Tyneside.

Yohan Cabaye - mmm

And that helped Newcastle get off to a good start for the season, and the lads kept it up and finished in a very impressive 5th place in the Premier League table,  and qualified for the Europa League.

It will be much more difficult next season to finish so high, with top clubs like Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal having disappointing seasons, and they will be trying to do much better next season.

Yohan Cabaye, the French International central midfielder, was one of the players who came though for Newcastle big time, after signing last June for only €5M from then French Champions Lille.

And Yohan has come out today and talked to the local press and said that Alan has had a big influence on him over the last year:

“He is very much like my coach at Lille, Rudi Garcia, but with an English touch. The manager is a good communicator, a very good talker. French coaches are very talkative as well.”

“And, because of this, he helped me settle into life at Newcastle and the way the game is played in England.”  “All the time he would speak to me on a personal level.”

“About the tempo of the game and what he wanted of me. I owe him a lot.”

Pf course not only did Alan Pardew have Newcastle finish so high up in the league table, but he was the very first Newcastle manager to win the PFA Manager of the Season award, and also the LMA Premier League Manager of the Season award.

Cabaye is expected to start in midfield for France next Monday night,  in the opening game in Group D against England, and at the same time Ukraine will be playing Sweden, in the other group game.

Euro 2012 gets underway tomorrow night, with one of the host countries Poland playing Greece, and Russia playing the Czech Republic in Group A.

And we think Hatem Ben Arfa will also play in that game, and will be brought on as a sub with say 20 minutes to play, depending on the state of the game.

It will be important that England at least don’t lose this game, but how well they can play next Monday night we have no idea, as a number of the players are untested at the top level.

We expect both Newcastle players to play well for France though.

Tags: Euro 2012 · Newcastle News · Yohan Cabaye

27 responses so far ↓

• 1 Eastander // Jun 7, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Who owns the rest of him?

• 2 steve // Jun 7, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Am I the only one who read the article title and assumed it would be about HBA?

• 3 Indian Magpie // Jun 7, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Steve, No

• 4 Indian Magpie // Jun 7, 2012 at 9:20 AM

• 5 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 7, 2012 at 9:23 AM

So Dreamboat likes the English touch?

“very much like an English touch. The manager is good , very good. ”

“All the time he would speak to me on a personal level, he wanted me. I owe him”

Love is in the air? Dreamboat and Pardew to vacation on a beach hand in hand?

You heard it here first people!

• 6 steve // Jun 7, 2012 at 9:27 AM

On the last topic about Demba Ba, this may seen controversial but I wouldn’t really mind too much if he was to leave. Don’t get me wrong he was an outstanding player last season, when playing up front.

On the wing however he looks out of place and the team seems at times unbalanced. What we would need if he were to leave would be a right footed left winger, someone who can cut in an go down the outside with ease.

Not saying I want Ba to leave I think he would have to be happy to be rotated upfront to stay though as he is not a winger.

• 7 Indian Magpie // Jun 7, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I agree with steve, If BA goes he Goes thank you, if he does’nt we will thank him later

• 8 Rotonda heights // Jun 7, 2012 at 9:35 AM

steve,

my thoughts entirely, but with so many extra games next season, I can’t see why Ba and cisse couldn’t be rotated and that way always have a fresh goalscorer on the bench.

• 9 ROSHAN MAGPIE // Jun 7, 2012 at 9:35 AM

ed dosent matter how the other teams played man we did our best and we got what we deserve hell the so called big clubs like Liverpool and chelsea invested more money than we did but still finished below us in the league

• 10 Rotonda heights // Jun 7, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Indian,

enough already, you’ve put it on 3 threads now

• 11 seantoon // Jun 7, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Barcodejoe

Don’t listen to anything about Jordan Rhodes. He’s going nowhere this season there chairman is a Town fan and he’s said as long as Jordan is happy he’s staying here. And Jordan as said he wants to stay. It would take like a 7mill bid for them to even consider it and he’s not even worth half that

• 12 Indian Magpie // Jun 7, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Did any 1 hear abt Manolo Preciado,

Sad story, i like him when he was at Sporting Gijon

• 13 Klatoon // Jun 7, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Shola brings out the best in Ba, the man’s a god I bet I could score 16 playing alongside him :-)

• 14 Bloody Marveauxlous // Jun 7, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Bring in Afellay for £6 million, from Barcelona. Fast as hell, right footed and a left winger. Plus he’s friends with Krul and in the Netherlands Starting XI. This is my team for 2012/13

Afellay ————–Cisse —————–HBA
    Jonas —————-Tiote —————-Cabaye
    Santoon——-Colo——- Douglas—-Debuchy
    ————————-Krul————————–

• 15 toonincheek // Jun 7, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Manolo Preciado – No, I hadn’t heard.
    Sad at any time . . . but so young.

• 16 arctoa // Jun 7, 2012 at 9:51 AM

That article in the comments is the biggest load of nonsense I have read all week.

• 17 Bloody Marveauxlous // Jun 7, 2012 at 9:51 AM

He died 24 hours before being unveiled as the new Villarreal manager. RIP and oops

• 18 steve // Jun 7, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Rotonda @8

In a perfect world that would be the best possible scenario. All the top teams in European competitions have at least 2 top class strikers that regularly rotate. I can see them having a great rivalry both desperate to out score each other.

I just hope IF Ba stays that Pardew doesn’t feel he HAS to start Ba and Cisse together every game.

• 19 ballerfan2 // Jun 7, 2012 at 10:08 AM

“Bring in Afellay for £6 million, from Barcelona. Fast as hell, right footed and a left winger.” – Marveauxlous

How long would it take for a number of regular posters to clamour for him, being right footed, to be played in his correct position on the right wing.

• 20 Bloody Marveauxlous // Jun 7, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Ballerfan2 @19

What are you saying? And FYI, he is a left winger, I’ve seen him play personally. Boom.

• 21 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jun 7, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Bloody Marv….I think he’s referring to the never ending “Is Santon a LB or RB” debate

• 22 Bloody Marveauxlous // Jun 7, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Oh thanks Ibizatoon, sorry ballerfan2, but still what do you think of my team for next season?

• 23 Tiotes_Stuntdouble // Jun 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I own him a lot?!?

• 24 Bloody Marveauxlous // Jun 7, 2012 at 11:26 AM

What do you think of my squad for next season?

• 25 Lucasd10 // Jun 7, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Bloody marveaux don’t think you’ve noticed but douglas won’t sign now gooD team otherwise I’d agree but maybe aly cissokho with santon right back and replacement for jonas

• 26 Bloody Marveauxlous // Jun 7, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Lucasd10, I did notice but I still believe we’re in for him. As for Jonas’s replacement or cover: Afellay

• 27 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Jun 9, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Reports about Affellay being available for a 6Mil fee are to say the least just not true!

Reports recently were that Barca would be willing to let him leave foe 6Mil ! Media Bullshit!
    He was a brilliant player for PSV who unfortunately picked up a bad injury just after moving to Barcelona!

His injury meant that his playing time for Barca was only one or two substitute appearances! All of Barcelona,s players are talented and it is difficult to get in the first team anyway!

Now Affellay is almost 100% Fit and attracting all the attention playing for Holland!
    His 6Mil price tag will more than likely be more than doubled by the time the final is played!

This player would be an ideal signing for us but realistically speaking, any move by us would be blocked by the financial Clout from Manure,Chelski or the Gooners, or even Man Shitty!

This is one Player who would be worth a Transfer fee around the 10 or 15Mil mark!

If it ever happens? Extremely Doubtful!

Getting back to ther artikel! Cabaye is a diamond! Next season wil be more of the same!

previous post: Senegal Striker Situation At Newcastle Is Unique