Pardew Watching One Particular Player At Euro 2012

Alan Pardew wrote column for a major newspaper yesterday,  in which he mentioned that most Premier League clubs will be taking a big interest in the Euro 2012 Championships.

Alan Pardew – watching one particular player at Euro 2012

Today is the big day for England fans, with England kicking off against France in about seven hours time, and most of the games so far have been fairly close.

Italy did well yesterday to draw the game with Spain 1-1, after going ahead with the first goal, and Germany were a mite lucky in beating Portugal on Saturday by 1-0, with a good headed goal from Mario Gomez after 73 minutes.

But Ireland came up short last night,  when they were well beaten by Croatia 3-1, and Shay Given didn’t look as good as he usually does in goal, and he may be a bit rusty, having just recovered from injury.

Alan Pardew is hoping at least the Newcastle target at Euro 2012 – thought to be France’s Mathieu Debuchy, who is a pal of Yohan Cabaye,  doesn’t play too well for France in the tournament, otherwise his price could go up, and Newcastle would probably walk away from any deal.

This is what Alan wrote yesterday:

“Just about every Premier League club will have scouts in Poland and Ukraine.”  “From Newcastle’s perspective there are obviously players we know very well, there is one in particular I’m keen to look at.”

“The worry is that if they do too well the agents and the player are suddenly in a stronger position and the cost goes up. As a manager you hope they do OK – but not too well.”

It seems that Debuchy would be a popular choice among Newcastle fans,  but we don’t think Newcastle would pay £8M for this player.

The Magpies’ valuation for Debuchy is said to be closer to £6M for the five times capped Frenchman, who has played 288 times for Lille with 17 goals since 2004.

What do you think?

• papiss_on_your_parade

Jun 11, 2012 at 9:53 AM

He’s definitely worth 8 million. He’s still quite young and looks a class act.

Get him signed up!

• geordiejamie89

Jun 11, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I hope Newcastle go about it the right way and get him signed up. Especially if we’re letting Simpson go. If we get 4 million for him, then the outlay isn’t too much.

• gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola)

Jun 11, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Hoillet off to Turkey hahahahhahahahhahah what an arrogant idiot…

Anita if the story is true price wise I reckon we wont get him…
    I think Debuchy is not worth over 6 mill myself. If Cabaye is worth how much he is worth.

I reckon we have to be very careful with this. We cant be screwed over our targets this year. I still dont see a CB target. we have to have tripple backups cause of the Euros.

• Indian Magpie

Jun 11, 2012 at 10:03 AM

What were ROI thinking with a back 4 of

O Sh!t, Done, St Lectured, Berra

• wynsleap

Jun 11, 2012 at 10:21 AM

What’s with all this ‘hoping the players we are interested in don’t have a good game/tournament’?
    If we want a player so badly we should have bought them by now.
    More stupid spin from Pardew and the club.

• No Plain Saylor

Jun 11, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Id say get debuchy in.
    But now! Make the bid and start preliminary talks with lille. Can’t be relying on players to have poor tournaments that’s ridiculous. Another player we should look at is mario mandzukic, 26 years old, 6’1, winger/striker, giod goals to games ratio everywhere he’s been and he’s just after being released by wolfsberg. I’m irish and unfortunately I got a good look at him last night, when he bagged two good goals and looked a class act thoughout. I’m not sure on anita, he looks a good player but at 5’6 he could be dominated, a better bet would be leroy fer, or diame on a free. Hopefully luuk de jong will come in. And a lot of development players like bigirimini and jong I’ll gwan. Could be a good summer! I trust carr anyway!

• gfp13

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Simon kjaer looked a decent player against holland the other day and could possibly be a good target but I do recall a Danish person on here saying he isn’t anything special and is over rated. But going off what I’ve seen he looked like a big strong unit at the back and I wouldn’t be disappointed if we brought him in

• Szarka

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I hate it when people compare Cabaye or Caroll buy with others. Caroll never worth 35, as Cabaye worth more then 5 mill. France international is cheap for 5 mill, I wouldnt sell under 10 mill for sure. If we do its a good buy .

• No Plain Saylor

Jun 11, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Yeah I remember seeing that comment and it. is true he hasn’t played well over the last two seasons but I think at newcastle he could fulfill hia potential, that he clearly has. And on debuchy lille are in the position of power they have a lot of money coming in for hazard and don’t need to sell, if we buy on the cheap we’d be doing very well

• IITianToon

Jun 11, 2012 at 2:43 PM

@Indian Dude it was Stephen Ward .. where did you get Berra from? They just had a bad day yesterday, it is unlike the Irish to concede 3 goals going by their run since 2010.

• Ollie666

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Debuchy playing really well
    I can hear his price shooting up

• gfp13

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I think debuchy will be at us next season and fr a good price. Nothing massive maybe 6-8 which is what this page is saying but I think lille already knew how good he is and won’t change asking price. I’d be happy paying 8 mil for him going off today’s prices. Him a CB a CM striker and winger(if dems ba goes)

• shamsoftabriz

Jun 12, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Newcastle ought to feel comfortable spending 10M for ether/both Luuk de Jong and Debuchy. They are both class, and we need to send a message to our current players that we mean business next year.

Period.