Graham Carr – It Could Be Good Summer – Everything Is Positive

More interviews today with Graham Carr, and the Corbridge-born Chief Scout always has something interesting and informative to say.

Newcastle top Chief Scout – Graham Carr

And Graham thinks that Newcastle want to keep all their top players on Tyneside this summer, and the 67 year-old had this to say when asked in the local press, if Cheick Tiote or Yohan Cabaye could be leaving the club this summer:

“The impression I get from them is that there is nothing happening on that front.” “We’ve looked as positive as bringing players in.” “That’s what we are trying to do.”

“We’ve earmarked players with Alan and we’ll do our best to get them.” “It could be a very good summer. Everything is positive.” “We’re not going to go stupid – we’ll stick to our plan.”

“It is gradual progress. The big thing is Mike’s commitment and I’ve spent a bit of time with them.”

Newcastle have been linked with 23 year-old Ajax defender and midfielder Vernun Anita over the weekend, and today we are again linked with Celtic’s Kenyan center-back and defensive midfielder, Victor Wanyama.

We were first linked with the Kenyan last year when he was still at Belgium club Beerschot AC, before he moved to Celtic for £900K in the summer, and of course he will cost a lot more than that these days, after a successful first season in Scotland.

Graham will be in consultation with owner Mike Ashley and Alan Pardew, and other members of the transfer Brains Trust on Tyneside this summer, as they go after their transfer targets this summer.

• Munster Mag

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Am i first ? I must stop this lunacy!

• Beattie25

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Yesterday the French midfield were poor as were te Attack but I thought Cabaye as an individual performed very well and looked a threat.

He passed excellently, made space and only didn’t do more because if his team mates.

I am not being biased but he was the second best French player behind Debuchy

• Beattie25

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I hoperhis summer is a good one! If not then the start of the season will be more underwhelming than MunsterMag posting first

• ballerfan2

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Beattie – not according to Dennis Wise apparently, who obviously doesn’t rate Cabaye at all. Now Xisco – there’s class ……

• Ollieh51

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM

@GerodieToon89 – Yeah, a cheaper Hoillett although not proven in the PL?

If he’s on a free, TAKE HIM! Will be great for us with all of the games we’ll have to play this coming season?

• jesperfuglsang

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Don’t be so harsh to Wise in his defense there wasn’t really any good videos of Cabaye in youtube back then 😉 lol

• Ketsbaia9

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Xisco was a good player. We’ve just ruined him. He should’ve had more playing time. I can’t understand why he didn’t get any more playing time after he scored a hat-rick against Man United for the reserves.

• RobertLeeNo.7

Jun 12, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Debauchy was quality last night and I think if we had any hope of getting him it would of been before the euros.

I think the way he skinned Gashley Cole his price will of risen out of our reach and brought even more attention from other top clubs.

• bills-son

Jun 12, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Carr says “The big thing is Mike’s commitment and I’ve spent a bit of time with them.”

Strange isn’t it … Pardew, Beardsley and now Carr all say Ashley is commited to NUFC … yet fans who have never met him say he isn’t.

I think I’ll keep listening to – and believing – the likes of Carr.

• Whistler

Jun 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Bills son
    MA has around 200 million reasons to be comitted to the club….of course he’s committed. Before you once again begin your ‘verbal bum-love’ of the man; understand the difference between commitment and ambition….we shall know after this transfer window closes if the latter is the case, so until then how about you give the MA dick sucking a rest eh

• kt97toonarmy

Jun 12, 2012 at 3:16 PM

ketspia9 are u off ur rocker seriously b4 he came he scored 7 goals for deportivo in the whole season which he played every game u bloody serious?

• bills-son

Jun 12, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Whistler – listen to you eh …

‘verbsal bum-love’ … ‘MA dick sucking’

It’s ignorant idiots like you that need to understand pal not me. How can Ashley not be committed when he has given NUFC an interest free £140M loan? How can he not be committed when he has given long term contracts to STaylor, Colo, Guti, Krul, Tiote and Graham Carr? How can he not be ambitious when he has introduced a transfer strategy that has brought HBA, Tiote, Cabaye, Santon, Ba, Marveaux and Cisse?

Fans at most other clubs would give their eye teeth to have an owner who is as committed and ambitious as Ashley. Yet bigoted numbskulls like you STILL won’t give him any credit.

I’ll treat your ‘Ashley loving’ remarks with the contempt they deserve. You’ve even copied them from other idiots – you haven’t even got the imagination to come up with your own crap.

• Grafton83

Jun 13, 2012 at 7:25 AM

@Whistler, you can say what you think with out insulting people. I think your wrong though and agree with Bills-son.

Ashley is running the club like a business, he does make mistakes and if he has the chance to make money he will but he’s still committed and has put an awful lot of money into this club. I think he always had a long term plan and now it’s paying dividends both finacailly and in terms of results. He’s doing well, give him a break.

• Whistler

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Bills son & Grafton

Firstly, learn to read you tools! At no point have I slagged Ashley off….I’m slagging Bills son off cos I’m sick to the back teeth of him….every comment he makes is about MA and how great he is….give it a rest fella! You’re so far up his arse you’d need to rapel out in full safety gear….(I came up with that all on my own Bills son)
    There you go waffling on about commitment again, have I not already said that it goes without saying that he’s commited? And you call me an ignorant idiot!? Haha you say I dont give MA credit yet countless times on this blog I’ve stated that Ashley’s running the club well….you misunderstand my point I think Bills son; my problem isn’t with MA ….it’s with you and your one dimensional brain. As for MA’s ambition? Again…you seem to be able to read words but have difficulty understanding them, maybe I shouldn’t pick on you…for all I know you may have learning difficulties, but did I not say ‘we’ll see what ambition MA has at the end of the transfer window’? Time will tell….

• Grafton83

Jun 13, 2012 at 10:01 AM

He knows he can’t compete with the wealth of other owners so he has realistic expectations of where he can get this club to.

Is it realistic to expect him to fund a squad capable of champions league sucess/winning prem?

I would complain about his ambition if he was happy for us to remain just above the relagation places but I think he has bigger and better plans, I’m just very happy with where we are now, a lot of work went into that, if he wasn’t ambitous he wouldn’t have bothered.

• Whistler

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Grafton

Showing ambition for Newcastle United would be to retain our best players, add to them and improve gradually over time….Im a realist and Ive never slagged Ashley for not having ambition; Im saying lets wait until the transfer window closes and judge him then; if he sells a couple of the big boys then he lacks the ambition of the fans, if he keeps our best players and adds 1 or 2 then ill openly say well done MA he’s showing some ambition…..some people seem to conveniently forget that not so long ago DL came out and said that MA had lost interest in the football side of things….he now has to prove his ambition to win the fans over fully (all except his pillow pal Bills Son of course). The one thing you say which I take issue with is your comment ‘I THINK he has bigger and better plans’ the operative word being THINK…..my perspective on the things is lets wait to judge and then we’ll KNOW…..Bills son places blind faith in all things Ashley without basis on fact, he then tries to impose his opinion on others….i cant stand that mentality….the guy’s an idiot

• Lynxie

Jun 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Lads Lads Lads, Its obvious MA has no real ambition otherwise he would give Danny Simpson the 75 grand a week that he deludedly thinks he is worth. And Danny Guthrie, who once passed three balls in a row straight to other Toon players (it is alledged). And Nile Ranger, our hot prospect, who looks really good in his Gangsta pics and deserves at least another ten chances for the inevitable scrapes and capers his and his wacky gang will definately get up to. Signing French international full backs, and highly rated dutch internationals who score for fun, and strengthening the team mean nothing, neither does securing our best ever scout on a long term deal. Nope, this Mike Ashley bloke hasnt got a clue………..

• Lynxie

Jun 13, 2012 at 10:39 PM

And he should go out and Sign Andy Carroll too, he’s brilliant him. We’ve never been the same without him. Plays for England ye knaa….

• Whistler

Jun 14, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Lynxie…..another idiot who talks out of his arse, go pick up a dictionary; it’s one of those book things with lots of words in it….it’ll explain what the word ambition means. And who are you defending Ashley from? Who’s having a go at Ashley on here? You’re either unable to read, a bit slow or just thick….which is it? Also, which French international full back is on our books? Which free scoring Dutch international striker have we signed? You’re clearly not intelligent enough to attempt sarcastic comment such as you have….sarcasm; now theres another word for you to look up….

• Whistler

Jun 14, 2012 at 6:50 AM

Lynxie…..are you really that thick? go pick up a dictionary; it’s one of those book things with lots of words in it….it’ll explain what the word ambition means. And who are you defending Ashley from? Who’s having a go at Ashley on here? You’re either unable to read or just a bit slow….which is it? Also, which French international full back is on our books? Which free scoring Dutch international striker have we signed? You’re clearly not intelligent enough to attempt sarcastic comment such as you have….sarcasm; now theres another word for you to look up….

• Whistler

Jun 14, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Lynxie….
    no-one is having a go at Ashley….read what’s been written before posting; you just make yourself look stupid