Cheick Tiote – My Future Is At Newcastle – My Life Is Simple

I took some considerable heat from readers, when I suggested recently that bringing in Vernun Anita from Ajax,  could mean that Cheick Tiote would be sold, whether he liked it or not.

Cheick Tiote – in action at Swansea

But news today from the top Ivory Coast international,  that he is extremely happy at Newcastle, he likes life at Newcastle, he likes the people at Newcastle, and has no intentions whatsoever of leaving the Tyneside club.

Is that clear enough?

Cheick makes that abundantly clear as he talked to the Shields Gazette today:

“My future is at Newcastle United.” “I like living in Newcastle, very much.” “It is a very simple life for me.”  “I am at home with my family and I can just chill some days for the whole day.”

“But when I want to go out and do some stuff, I can do that as well.”  “People here are more friendly than aggressive, so life is all right for me here –  it’s about the team here.”

Chelsea have been admirers of the 25 year-old ever since he arrived at Newcastle two years ago from FC Twente for just £3.5M, as one of Chief Scout Graham Carr’s very first signing for his home town club.

The figure that has been touted around as the price Newcastle will let Tiote go for – is £20M – but it would appear that Cheick is again saying, just in case the communication didn’t get through last time, that he really likes the simple life he has at Newcastle.

And of course he has said before, and that a place like London is just not for him.

The 25 year-old seems to be making that point once again, as a communication to the powers that be at Newcastle, that he has not intentions at all of leaving the Magpies.

And Cheick still has a full five years on his contract at Newcastle, and it looks like he has every intention of seeing out those five years on Tyneside.

Sounds good to us.

What do you think?

• duncandisorderly

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Reading between the lines, he’s pushing for a move…

• Whistler

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Tiote’s made his wishes clear time and time again so where do these stories keep coming from???

• Toon_Jock

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Here’s a bit of business…..

KRUL TO SPURS = 20M
    SIMPSON TO FULHAM = 5M
    SANTON TO ROMA = 10M
    COLOCCINI TO MAN CITY = 20M
    TIOTE TO CHELSEA/MAN UTD = 30M
    CABAYE TO MAN UTD = 30M
    BA TO SPURS = 20M
    BEN ARFA TO CHELSEA = 35M
    CISSE TO MAN UTD/MAN CITY = 50M

nd then go in for Messi with 220M – I see what Ashley’s doing 😉

• naptoon

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:07 AM

tiote is a geordie, tiote is a geordie, la la la la!! la la la la!!

• Colo-Sus

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Its so depressing reading this blog at the moment..

Ed I respect you alot for the work you do here for us fans,

But for me a different standpoint needs to be taken.

When the usual (daily/hourly) articles surface about so called ”bigger” clubs trying to buy our stars….Look at it like this

SOUTHERN PRESS

SOUTHERN PRESS
    SOUTHERN PRESS

SILLY SEASON
    RUMOURS

UTTER CRAP

etc etc etc

• Swede

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I ´do not understand why the press is always selling our stars. We have more games next season, and we have AFCON too to consider. we need players, more bodies that are there sharing the workload without making our stars unsettled. The way to go is youth and players that can play in different situations. so please lets get the players in without a fuzz.. But then thats no fun, nor does it sell newspapers.

• JDdubai

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Lets be honest, it doesnt matter if Tiote wants to go or not. If an offer is accepted he will get offered wages so ridiculously high that he will be off. End of.

Obv hope he stays but if he goes for 25 million then he can easily be replaced with that money with plenty left over for 1 or 2 others to build the squad.

Whatever happens we will be alreet.

• ballerfan2

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM

A major irritation for me are those who end their post with the word “FACT” or “END OF”. NO it is not fact, it is just your opinion – just saying “fact”doesn’t make it so.

It is only my opinion but Tiote, from what has been said – frequently, wants to stay and knows he is being paid well for staying at Newcastle. I honestly believe that money isn’t a major factor with Tiote but the simpler life in Newcastle is.

• martoon

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Colo-Sus @6. Ed is simply summarising the current NUFC stories and unfortunately as it is the close season the only stories around are football tranfer rumours. To be fair he balances it up with players we are alledgedly interested in as well and probably mostly untrue also. I agree with you it is a bit depressing but without these kind of stories the blog would be empty at the moment!

• wynsleap

Jun 14, 2012 at 1:58 PM

ballerfan 2 – totally agree with your first sentence. It is something I’ve complained about in the past.
    It’s totally arrogant and stupidly childish.
    Oh… and do you think we can now put an end to these “reading between the lines” comments. Old hat now, not funny (was it ever?) and past its sell-by date.

• lloydie780

Jun 14, 2012 at 3:14 PM

guys seriously bad news! Demba Ba has signed for Galatasary! Sorry to break the bad (expected) news. Has been announced but not officially. True mercenary.