Newcastle are becoming more confident that they can keep Demba Ba on Tyneside this summer.
Demba Ba - senior sources at club confident of keeping the striker
That’s according to the Newcastle Journal this morning, which is reporting that senior sources at Newcastle are claiming the striker is going nowhere this summer.
That would be great news for Newcastle fans, because Ba has shown he is a first class striker, and also seems to like things at Newcastle, and of course scoring 16 goals in his first full season in the Premier League is no mean feat.
Ba has been offered around Europe by his many different agents, and that’s because they are trying to get a deal done, so they can make some money, but exactly what Demba Ba wants to do remains uncertain.
Spurs wanted Demba Ba while Harry Redknapp was manager, but until they appoint someone to replace Harry, nothing much will happen from them in the transfer market.
Turkish Champions Galatasaray have said they will not be signing the player, and seemed to be put off by his wage demands, at least according to some reports.
Pre-season training starts at Newcastle two weeks tomorrow, and the Senegal striker has told his people he wants his situation sorted out by then, and of course if the news is to be believed, the release clause in his contract of £7M, is supposed to end at the end of July.
But nothing much has been done in the transfer market by any club so far this summer, and until the Euro 2012 Championships end a week on Sunday, we don’t expect too much to be happening.
It seems that the transfer market will be in full swing only when July rolls around.