Alan Pardew Pumped Up – All Ready For Pre-Season

Alan Pardew is back at the Newcastle training facility and getting set for pre-season training which starts on July 5th. Alan is meticulous in his planning and he has already put in work researching the Europa League.

Alan Pardew pointing the way – as usual

The Newcastle manager has been talking to managers in England, who have recently participated in the tournament, to get some advice and some insights on what the squad will have to go through next season.

The good news is that Alan’s had a good break from the game for a few weeks, but is now raring to go, and if we can have another season like last season, we’ll be happy enough – and then we can make an all-out assault on the Premier League title the season after next. ūüėÄ

It’s been only 39 days (approximately) since the last game at Everton, but that seems enough time for Alan Pardew, and the Londoner seems raring to get back into the swing of things again.

He will have one more short break with his family, and then get back to preparing for the pres-season, and he had this to say to Anthony Marshall on the Newcastle web-site today:

“I’ve got one last little trip with my family and then once that ends then I will really focus on the job in hand.” ¬† “I’ve had a really nice time and done a lovely couple of things in the summer.”

“It’s been good and I’ve had a nice rest, so if we had to start tomorrow, I would be ready.” ¬†“We’ve still got a couple of weeks to go yet but I’m looking forward to it.”

We are hoping that before July 5th rolls around Newcastle will have signed one and maybe two new players by then.

If we can get Mathieu Debuchy and Luuk de Jong through the door in the next couple of weeks, that would be just great, although it may cost us close to £20M to do that.

Here’s hoping.

Comments welcome.

• Indian Magpie

Jun 22, 2012 at 6:27 PM

My only comment for this thread

• nufc786

Jun 22, 2012 at 6:28 PM

will saylor be ready????????

• pardew no 1

Jun 22, 2012 at 6:30 PM

by july 5th i would like to see 1 new player

• Dannyo

Jun 22, 2012 at 6:45 PM

An FB and a Striker is all well and good, but in all fairness, what we really, really need is a CB, then a striker. Then the FB.
    I do wonder who we have lined up as a CB these days. Long time since there been any talks about that position.

• Transfer Sage

Jun 22, 2012 at 6:57 PM

No news to report from our club today chaps.

I have just heard today that Chelsea will be listening to offers close to 10 million for Sturridge. Di Matteo was not impressed with his attitude and lack of discipline at following tactics, as well as being too selfish.

If he fails to improve in pre season and continue the same attitude he will be looking to even let him leave on loan to get him out the dressing room.

• Nick 69

Jun 22, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Dannyo – it may be that we are waiting til August for Douglas to get his Dutch passport and then sign him, not sure we are still interested, but the silence on the CB front could be because of this

• Nick 69

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Transfer Sage – you never have any ‘news’ to report any, just made up bullsh*t

• Transfer Sage

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Nick

I have said after my first post I can very rarely guarantee anything. The only one I know for sure is Debuchy which I have said will happen soon after the Euros once he is available for his medical.

I do not have a connection with people at the top, I just get bits and pieces in the club and another friend who works down London. I only report what I hear and try to screen a lot of the rubbish.

If you do not want to believe me it’s ok, I am sure when Debuchy signs you will see I am credible.

• OTP

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Anyone think we could be in for Aissati or Lodeiro? Both young players with a lot of potential, and I believe their contracts finish this summer? Could be a good bit of business there if they are going on a free.

• Dannyo

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:10 PM

@Nick69
    That could be ofc, and media being hung up on Luuk and Debuchy does create a perfect cover for us to go nab a CB.
    Now that everyone tracks Carr wherever he goes ūüėõ

I am unsure of that however, but that could prove to be a good thing, cause that means others are unsure too.

• Nick 69

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:10 PM

how are you credible when there’s prove your lying.

You said the deal was wrapped up and agreed, few days later Lille say our bid was ¬£4mill and they laughed it off. I think Lille manager knows a tad more than you. Now Debuchy might still sign, and I think he will, but you will get no credit whatsoever if he does because you clearly know nothing. According to you it was meant to be announced weeks ago, now tis after the Euro’s

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Bit concerned after the previous thread about Xisco’s preferences that Pardew’s been pumped up….and he’s done a couple of nice things over the summer… Hmm

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:13 PM

TS

Can well believe the Sturridge stuff he has def chucked his toys out the pram a few times this season. Glad we didn’t sign him now.

• Dannyo

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:15 PM

@Transfer Sage
    Pretty sure u said u were 100% sure of a signing a thursday or friday a week or two back.
    Naught happened. That rubbish u forgot to screen?
    It’s not nice taking people for a ride like that mate, i suggest u join Colin, so that u could be wrong together and wind eachother up instead.
    Doesn’t mean i dont want some transfers to happen, it’s the way u chose to say these things i’m opposing of.

There’s one person i listen to concerning our own club, always with a pinch of salt ofc, and that’s JimmyMagpie.

Not some random bloke who calls himself Transfer Sage. U’re only laying the foundation for your own demise and ridicule.

• Transfer Sage

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Nick

I made a mistake with the announcement. Like I said, the info I get isn’t from the top so never clear cut.

I said the deal would be done monday/tuesday with an announcement of a thursday. The deal has been done but the announcement on thursday was that Carr signed a new deal. I presumed the announcement was for Debuchy but it was for Carr.

The deal is done, I know that so the Lille manager is wrong to say otherwise, maybe he is trying to save face seeing as all his stars are being sold. He has lost cabaye, hazard and now debuchy and he his side have fallen away since winning the league last year. He will want the fans to see he has no say in what goes on above him.

Remember Pardew said carroll wasn’t for sale and then he went, managers say what is best to make themselves look good.

Like I said, if you do not believe me that is fine, just wait and see.

• Tiote4PM

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Shut up Transfer – EVERYONE is bored of your childish cries or attention. Go play with your Mackem mates, there’s a good boy.

• ToonAndy

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Who thinks we should go all out for BELHANDA? Young, very skilful and potential resale value…. How much do you think he’d go for?

—————————KRUL————————–

DEBUCHY-VERTONGHEN-COLLO-SANTON

——————-TIOTE——-CABAYE————–

BEN ARFA———–DE JONG——BELHANDA

—————————-CISSE————————

Or

—————————KRUL————————–

DEBUCHY-VERTONGHEN-COLLO-SANTON

——-CABAYE——-TIOTE——–BELHANDA–

—-BEN ARFA——-CISSE——–DE JONG—–

• STS_Toon

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Good Evening,

I would not normally do anything like this but could you please do me and this local family a huge help.

This little girl is stuck in Mexico after a failed attempt to save her from a rare cancer. Olivia has battled against this for more than four years. Her family is appealing for donations to help towards the £142,000 required to fly her home from Mexico because no commercial flight will accept her.

Please read this and donate.

I would like to thank anyone who donates, this is such a saddening story and this little girl deserves to spend her last few days with her family and friends.

You can donate here:

Many thanks.

Scott.

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Toon Andy

Don’t agree with your choices necessarily but your lineups show just how close we are to a real top 4 challenging side….still need the quality in the squad though.

• rich_toonfan

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Not be be negative but I can’t see us achieving top 4 next year.

I think it will be city, man utd, arsena and Chelsea by a good distance.

I think we will be challenging for 5th with spurs and Liverpool and would rate us higher than them 2 as I can see modric definitely leaving and although his stats aren’t great he runs their midfield.

• rich_toonfan

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Remember man utd and arsenal have had 17 years of continuous champions league money as well as being a bigger world wide brand.

And city and Chelsea have a mega rich owner so realistically we cannot compete with them if they buy well and use their money properly.

There is no shame in us getting 5th and we could achieve 4th but would need everything to go our way, was close this season but cannot see it again.

• No Plain Saylor

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I have never seen a summer with so many free agents that could more than do a job!
    Some of them being; hoilett, ninis, barnetta, asiati, diame, douglas, butterfield, fyers, pogba, brad guzan, carlos culler, kalou, rodellega. And I’m obviously missing a lot more. Point is though we’ve already missed out on some of these and aadly I think we will miss out on most, if not all of them. Don’t understand why we didn’t even try ūüôĀ

• rich_toonfan

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Saylor

Maybe we did try but there was no interest so we didn’t take it further.

Also maybe none of them were what we wanted, poor quality, poor attitude, etc

• Ben Arfa (Either love him or Hatem)

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Some people on here are more deluded than Transfer Sage – at least he’s mentioning a player we have stated we have interest in and seem to be in a position to sign.

VERTONGHEN??? Are you mad? £8 on Debuchy and £12m on de Jong and you think Ashley would let us spend what seems like the remainder of the kitty on a player who chose Spurs over us?

• Tiote4PM

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Hey Transfer Safe, it’s your ‘mate’ here from London. I was only having a laugh with you the other week and taking the piss out of you. Ever since you got your first pubes you having been playing the ‘big man’ so me and the lads thought we would take the piss a little.

P.s- I make the tea at RBS… Well, I boil the kettle..

• WWYCD

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Haha as with every transfer window these itks pop up and eventually people turn on them for spouting bs glad to see its been quicker this time round than normal

On a footballing note Germany are going to win this with minimal effort by the looks of this start

• Dannyo

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:53 PM

@rich
    U sure u’re not AP mate ūüėČ

• Dannyo

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Oh dear god, the match…

• ToonAndy

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Ben arfa – VERTONGHEN was one of, if not our number one target… He single handedly could turn Us from a decent team into a good team… Bold statement but true

• No Plain Saylor

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Maybe, but we have ¬£20m to spend.. we’ve let 11 players go so far? I fully expect best, forster, ranger and simmo still to leave, and who would be all that suprised if we did lose demba? With all the extra games our small squad need adding to, but its got smaller. We can’t strengthen all the areas we need to on our budget especially if we sign luuk de jong, I feel we neeb a rb/lb, cb, dm, lw, st. Realistically to get 5 good signings in on 20m + whatever we sell, it’d be a lot easier if one or two of them were frees. But I fully agree with what your saying, the club don’t make many mistakes in that department, attitude etc are important. But surely one or two with the right attitude and talent and desire to play could be found, that’s not a strech of the imagination!!

• Nick 69

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:03 PM

ToonAndy – you have no idea if he was one of our targets, that was all just paper talk with nothing to back it up. For all you know we were scouting Anita or Alderweireld when Carr and Co were watching Ajax. And even if he was a target, he chose Spurs over us so obviously isn’t that keen on coming

• WWYCD

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Oh Germany are stunning to watch….just wow

• Big Pappa Cisse

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:12 PM

@ Transfer sage

Does building people’s hopes up turn you on or something ?

• Dannyo

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:13 PM

@WWYCD
    I cannot not see Germany in a final. My favorites to win this, as my other favorites, holland, went out on their asses.

• No Plain Saylor

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I’m willing to donate my balls to science if germany aren’t winning at half time

• SupaToonKid

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I wouldn’t pay anymore than ¬£7M for Debuchy but I think realistically a deal could be done at ¬£6M (as long as Chelsea & co don’t come knocking), Luuk de Jong I wouldn’t pay anymore than the ¬£9M, Anita hopefully ¬£5-6M & Zapata for ¬£4M. Then maybe look at frees like Hoilett or Barnetta but maybe even Elia if he has a low fee.

• rich_toonfan

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Why do people worry what in the knows say.

If you fall for it you just have yourself to blame.

If he was in the know he would do more with the info than post it here.

• ToonAndy

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Nick 69 …. The players that interested us most In this window were, DEBUCHY, VERTONGHEN, LUUK DE JONG and WIJNALDUM…

• ToonAndy

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

And expect us to get ATLEAST two of them

• No Plain Saylor