Newcastle May Get Danny Rose On Season-Long Loan

News in the Daily Mail tonight that Newcastle may be interested in taking Spurs  left back,  Danny Rose,  on loan next season.

Danny Rose – Tottenham left-back available on loan?

The news is that both West Brom and Newcastle seem ready to take the 21 year-old defender on loan for the season, to allow the England U21 International to get some first team games.

But we’re not sure Tottenham can make that decision yet, until at least they get a new manager in,  to replace the departed Harry Redknapp.

And it looks almost certain that Spurs will be losing defender Vedran Corluka, the Croation International,  who played in the Euro 2012 Championships this month.

The news is that the former Manchester City and Dinamo Zagreb player,  is all set to join Lokomotiv Moscow in Russia.

The Doncaster-born Rose started his career at the Leeds United Youth Academy, and he moved to Tottenham in 2007, and he has played for England at the U17 and U19 levels,  and has 21 caps and three goals at the U21 level.

But he has played only 13 first team games at Spurs and is finding it hard to get playing time at White Hart Lane, and he has already had loan spells at Watford, Peterborough and Bristol City.

• microbar

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:37 PM

1st

• Toon1978

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Scrimping again Ashley. Buy a f ookin full back ya big idiot.

• Robin_S

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I don’t think we need to be taking loans on

• GeordieToon89

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Right unless we have an agreed fee for the end of the loan then this will not happen.. we do not do loans! cracking winger though but why get him when weve got Fergie

• GeordieToon89

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I sense a signing this week sometime!

• No Plain Saylor

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:48 PM

unless we agree a future fee naah no thanks. We have 20 million budget.. brought in a free so far, buy a wingback!! left or right don’t care

• GeordieToon89

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM

nufcfans seem to think weve arranged a friendly against Monaco

• pbNcl

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:12 AM

thought this lad was a winger. Could be interesting as he’s got potential like, but seems out of character to develop another club’s youngster when we’ve got plenty ourself

Roll on, doubtful

I liked the bryan ruiz helicopter one myself, when we were gonna whisk him from under fulham’s noses last hour shi5

Its commical

• euanpolo

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:20 AM

But we have Shane Ferguson so what’s the point? We may as well be playing a youngster we actually own rather than Rose who is ownly a year older than Ferguson anyway. Probably just newspaper rubbish.

• Kyo

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Get Debuchy and De Jong!

• No Plain Saylor

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Rpse is supposed to be a twat as well.. doubt we’d want him. And can everyone stop goin on about shane ferguson! I back our young lads fully and hope they all do well. But he’s only so so, ig we were to play europa leagur against porto or atlethic would u feel confident with thos lad at left back? …… Not yet

• SHGK81

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:53 AM

This kid has shown some promise but I can’t see him being much better than we already have…… And why groom a player for a rival??

• JAMSHA

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Hope v dont get play off with a top club

• grumpy_old_sod

Jun 25, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Stupid rumour, got no mileage whatsoever. We would only develop a player of our own. NEXT.

• ToonDownSouth

Jun 25, 2012 at 3:28 AM

Jamsha

The Daily Star? Really? That’s got to be the poorest source I can think of!

• redondo77

Jun 25, 2012 at 5:46 AM

We are not Bolton or Sunderland, we don’t get players on loan.
    We might get Debuchy, but we won’t get De Jong.
    Too expensive to get both of them, the decision to get a new striker is waiting on Ba decission, it might be last minute signing.

• redondo77

Jun 25, 2012 at 5:53 AM

off topic, England didn’t deserve to get through, Italy was far better, even spain can’t do a damn thing with their taka tiki football. Roy Hodgson did amazing job in a very short time to make this England team hard to beat. Pirlo, what a class player he is.

I think we should get more Italian players in the team especially defensive players, I love the way they tackle.

• Ben3arfa

Jun 25, 2012 at 6:02 AM

AMEOBI 2012. Search for the mask begins.. Tomb Raider: The Mask of Ameobi!!!

• roscp

Jun 25, 2012 at 6:19 AM

He was absolute dog shite on loan for bristol city! Never seen such a lazy player! Whats happened to the young lad from man united? Surely we would be better off with him?!

• cyprus

Jun 25, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Pirlo (33) proved that a policy of hiring only young and raw players is not always the best. Some ageing stars still have it and may be good deals too(since we are bargain hunters).

• Les Grossman

Jun 25, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Not seen Tiote on here for a while.
    Hope the racist Turk hating prick has been nicked!
    Gobshite!
    I mean “the majority of Turks are rapists” and then thinks that’s right coz that’s his ‘opinion’.
    Honestly!! Ignorant little no mark!!!

• xmindcrimex

Jun 25, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Les Grossman, loved you in Tropic Thunder.

I can’t remember seeing Tiote (the forum user) having said that, but I don’t think it’s needed to repost his views. Maybe he was just trollin’ around? People can write hurtful things on the web, but I think it’s better to just move on and not dwell on old “confrontations”.

Regarding his statement…. I mean, is it even worth commenting on? It’s not even a common stereotype that I’ve heard of.

And no, it’s not ok if it’s his opinion. People are extremely stupid if they think they can say anything to anyone and voice their views and just when people confront them, start jumping up and down saying “Base! Base! Stop right there, it’s just my opinion.”

Some examples would be:

The racist: “I called that black man a n*****, but hey, it’s just my opinion.”

The paedophile: “I want to rape your child, but hey, that’s just my opinion.”

The whole “my opinion” is so misused in many cases it’s just annoying. When people spread hate speech and bigoted, ignorant statements it bedazzles me every time. Some people could try and back up their statements and actually join the Ku Klux Klan, the Nazi Party (I don’t know if that’s actually a thing) or whatever, but usually it’s just regular Joe’s (I’m a regular Joe too) that’s just venting steam and can’t stand for anything they say on the web in real life, (except for when they are in a safe environment and are talking behind your back).

Jesus, what a long post. Moving on! 🙂

Danny Rose… I’m not so sure why we would need him with Jonas, Marveaux, Ferguson and Amalfitano.

• Indian Magpie

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Good Morning all,

Just to clarify 1 thing, i did not ask Any1 to leave the blog.

My comment yesterday was

Indian Magpie // Jun 24, 2012 at 10:46 AM

no disrespect to england, englishmen and english supporters, but hope not
    ____________________________________

Showing my allegiances lie with any team that plays England, and some may support england.

If some 1 takes it personally its not my fault. its not having go at a country etc etc.

• Indian Magpie

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:41 AM

This is an article of mine, some of you may like to give it a read.

• tarie4

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Mate, aging players with pirlo’s ability are out of our wage range mate, that’s why we have a policy of buying young players. Scholes, giggs, pirlo, xavi etc are all over 30, but do U think we can afford to pay them 80-90k, granted they might be on more than that, at their respective clubs.
    name me a players of pirlo’s quality who we can afford their wages??

As I said, we dnt go for old players like pirlo is that we can’t afford their wage demands.

• BenbulbenMag

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Indian, why do you feel that way about the English Football Team (this one in particular)?

As an Irishman I was hoping they’d do well, apart from Ireland they are the team that I can name every player as I watch them week in and week out.

There was none of the typical Gutter Press pre-celebrations assuring one and all that England just have to show up and they will win everything.

This is what has always stuck in everyones craw in the past but to be fair I say gutterpress because I have never seen an English side or anyone involved in their management make these preposterous claims.

The one thing I really noticed about this side was the sense of unity they had and the camaraderie that they shared, this was evident from day one and made me think they might just surprise a few people.

Unfortunately not.

• redondo77

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Gattuso is willing to play for Rangers for very cheap wage although he is not a playmaker, but he is very good player.
    Van Bommel, Del Piero

• rich_toonfan

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:27 AM

England were poor but well set up.

Roy had then ready to play counter attacking football just once we got it the lads lost all ability to pass and keep the ball.

And as far as Indian goes, as a neutral you would want England out. They are boring if you don’t support them. And in Indian defence he mentioned it on an England article here not just a Newcastle story.

I would love us to bring in some Italian or Spanish players to the squad. Add them to what we have and we have a technical and pacey team which will compete with any on it’s day.

• pieceofpapiss

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:45 AM

I for one was very suprised with England last night. Thought they put up a decent fight. Roy had very little time to prepare his squad and change them to his style of football. Young and Milner were the real let downs for me. Walcott/Ox-Chamberline and Adam Johnson would have been better choices.

Cant see a loan move happen. Rose is a right back but is equally adept as a wing back. Debuchy is obviously our first choice but it all depends on Ashley and his willingness to stump up more than £6m. Nathan Clyne is a shout (depending on Man Utd’s intrest) but RB are in short supply.

• ~Perchinho the Pheonix~

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I think this story is a bunch of bull.

Anyways, I can somewhat sympathize with Indian’s view of the England team. I’m half british myself, but even I struggled to support this England squad.

First of all, I had no confidence in the team, the massive group of Liverpool let downs was nothing but depressing. Yes, Judas and Gerrard had glimpses of magic, but that was it. I disagreed with Hodgson selecting Downing over Adam Johnson, Kelly over Micah Richards and Henderson.

Downing, Kelly and henderson have done nothing to warrant a place in the squad, whereas Johnson and Micah Richards have shown that they are capable of changing a game and putting on a good performance.

If England made it through, of course I’d be happy, but I wouldn’t be jumping up and down singing like a madman either. Until I see an England manager choose Quality over Past endeavors then I’m sorry but I just can’t 100% support the squad.

It’s time to bring young hungry players into the squad, not old aging legs. Parker and Wilshere to be our future CM partnership imo.

• Matt

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I don’t see the point in loaning players ok if we were in championship but all we are doing is Tottenham a favour helping rose get prem experience then we have to give him back and we’re at square 1 again no point unless there is a option to buy

• Matt

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I don’t see the point in loaning players ok if we were in championship but all we are doing is Tottenham a favour helping rose get prem experience then we have to give him back and we’re at sq1 again no point unless there is a option to buy

• davis_toons

Jun 25, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Pirlo in, if he ever wanted to leave italy, such a class after the retirement of, Zzidane, Paolo Navarrd,

He can improve the standard of passing and such, it will be good for english football, in all ways.

Plp can learn a trick or two with what he have done on the field. and study his moves.

• Munster Mag

Jun 25, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Ben Bulben, have you ever lived in England when a champioship is on? If you dont support them, you get a lot of unpleasantness directed at you! I love the Toon, but in reality, the players I love most are French and Senegalese and Argentinian.

• davis_toons

Jun 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM

…pavel nedved (to correct that)

• TorqToon

Jun 25, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Over many hours (…or so it seemed!) I read the posts surrounding Indian / English football etc. it seems it was all blown out of proportion and resulted in a great poster leaving the blog. Which, even though I’m fairly new to posting, I have been a reader for as long as I can remember. All I will say is I hope things can get back to the toon now and move on from England. A word of advice to Indian…that is your opinion as you state and you are entitled to it…however this is a Newcastle United blog and people are passionate about our lads and our national team. Maybe you should’ve kept that post to yourself or even worded it slightly better as all this could’ve been very much avoided. Cheers lads HWTL