Newcastle Linked With German International Defender

Newcastle are being linked today with Stutggart’s 25 year-old German International defender, Sedar Tasci, who was born in Germany of Turkish parents.

Serdi Tasci – Newcastle linked with German defender

Newcatsle have been linked with this player for the last couple of months, and two other clubs are also said to be interested in the 6’1″ defender – Barcelona and Fiorentina

The surprise is that Barcelona are interested in the player, after they made unsuccessful attempts this summer to get Javi Martinez and Thiago Silva, because of the high fees being asked for.

The new Barcelona manager Tito Vilanova wants to shore up the Barcelona defense this summer, and the Spanish newspaper  Mundo Deportivo  is reporting he is interested in the 14 times capped German International, who was born in Esslingen, in the old West Germany.

The transfer price may be a little high for Newcastle, and it’s quoted at £8M, and we would think there would be better value elsewhere in Europe, than to pay that much for the German.

But we have no idea who some of the defensive targets may be for Newcastle right now, after they have pulled out of the chase for Ajax center-back Jan Vertonghen and FC Twente center-back Douglas.

Stuttgart manager Fredi Bobic had this to say in Mundo Deportivo about his German defender:

“We have received no request. Everything else is hypothetical.”

It could also be that Newcastle are being linked with every defender under the sun who’s up for sale this summer – that’s always possible.

The press is aware that Newcastle will bring in at least two new defenders this summer, a full-back and another defender who can play in multiple different positions  across the back four.

Tasci has played a total of  192 times for the Stuttgart first team with 12 goals since making his debut back in 2006, but he did not make the Germany squad of 23 for Euro 2012.

• Grafton83

Jun 27, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Am i 1st?

• davybtoon

Jun 27, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I’ve been saying for a while now this is who I think we will get as our cb
    Why is it a surprise barca are after he is a very good player

• iamnufc

Jun 27, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Yeah davy that’s more likely to happen..ok guys as a central 3 which do u prefer more?

A. Cabaye. Tiote
    Vuckic

B. Abeid. Tiote
    Cabaye

Which do u guys prefer for a central three??

• iamnufc

Jun 27, 2012 at 1:50 PM

On a separate note reports claiming Gamerio to join valencia

• Jackson1989

Jun 27, 2012 at 1:50 PM

iamnufc i think he if we dont buy a CM, he would rotate A for home games b for away games and tasci would be a epic signing

• davybtoon

Jun 27, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Option b abeid n tiote n cabaye, but I think we will buy someone to play in there with tiote Anita maybe

• davybtoon

Jun 27, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Tasci n colo would b some cb partnership n with Carr revealing he has been watching the German league the most bcoz he believes players from there adapt to the prem the quickest is why I think we’re after tasci along with sebastian boenisch

• Ewokshatemackems

Jun 27, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Reading between the lines, we’ll be getting Babayaro and Bambam back

• GFH

Jun 27, 2012 at 1:53 PM

How about Anita, Cabaye , Tiote ?

• davybtoon

Jun 27, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Would not b surprised at all if within the next week we announced a few free transfers

• outsidethebox

Jun 27, 2012 at 2:05 PM

most contracts finish end of june ….i am hoping mon will see deals confirmed for some defenders ..hope it will be a decent centre half to link with collo…

• davybtoon

Jun 27, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Well clynne, butterfield n boenisch the 3 main players I can think of that we’ve been linked with on free deals n we could really announce all 3
    Avb looking like new spurs boss lol could see them really struggle next year

• iamnufc

Jun 27, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Anyone seem taschi play? How much u reckon he his worth?

• FrankfurtMag

Jun 27, 2012 at 2:14 PM

He is a solid defender who is very reliable. I don’t see us getting him as his transfer fee is likely to be quite high.

• Spoof

Jun 27, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I read somewhere that Douglas is ours, fee and terms are agreed, just waiting for his Dutch citizenship to come through and then all he has to do is pass his medical, sometime in August

• davybtoon

Jun 27, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Douglas already has his Dutch citizenship I’ve heard

• Spoof

Jun 27, 2012 at 2:26 PM

davybtoon, you could be right m8, its just what I heard, mind I defo heard him say that he won’t move until late summer, until the clearance comes through, quite what that meant I don’t know.

• No Plain Saylor

Jun 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Would love this to be true, tasci and colo would be immense. Well worth 8m

• Szarka

Jun 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Would be a good player but not for our budget. Hes in higher skill then Douglas or Debuchy.

• chris_g

Jun 27, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Ed reports:
    “Newcastle Linked With German International Defender”

So who exactly is linking Newcastle with this player?

I googled “Newcastle Sedar Tasci” and the only relevant result I got was a link to this article (or to other sites like yardbarker who have reproduced it). There is NOTHING being reported anywhere else at the moment to suggest that we are even remotely interested in Sedar Tasci, so what is this all about?

Sorry guys, but this story is total bullsh1t and is purely a figment of Ed Harrison’s imagination.

• jakesome

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Chris g
    Not sure if your new to the blog, but the vast majority of people on here have alot of respect for what ed is doing and the man himself.
    I’ve said it many times before if you don’t like the articles DONT READ THEM…..

• rich_toonfan

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Douglas gets his citizenship on August, that’s when he has completed his 5 year stay.

• No Plain Saylor

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Jakesome, well said mate!

• HullMag6

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:33 PM

If we can get him, oh yes now that’s what I like. With all the fixtures we’ll have this year league/cups/europa I dont think its unrealistic to look at 2 1st team challengers at cb with the existing 3 Collo/saylor/Willo. Strength and depth is what we need.

• HullMag6

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:37 PM

If we can get him, oh yes now that’s what I like. With all the fixtures we’ll have this year league/cups/europa I dont think its unrealistic to look at 2 1st team challengers at cb with the existing 3 Collo/saylor/Willo. Strength and depth is what we need in our squad

• MacToon

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:38 PM

chris_g, why bother! The majority on here agree with jakesome@21.

• Grafton83

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:39 PM

An excellent point Jakesome, It may also be worth mentioning that Google is not the entire internet, I read that it covers less than 50% of all the webpages out there + the interent isn’t the only source of information.

Having said all that I think I’m with the majority of people on this blog who know that 99.9% of our speculative targets will never actually arrive at the club. I will wait till they’ve landed in Newcastle and they’re having a medical before I start to get excited about it.

• HullMag6

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Double post again, blasted phone. Sorry.

• GeordieDan

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Chris_g

Ed isnt in the business of making up stuff. He just constantly churns out crscking articles for us to reaf every day despite being very ill.

The bloke’s a legend so don’t take the piss or it wont go down very well on here.

• GeordieDan

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Chris_g

Ed isnt in the business of making up stuff. He just constantly churns out cracking articles for us to read every day despite being very ill.

• Ketsbaia9

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:24 PM

It’s time to put a bid in for Jan Vertonghen. Talks have stalled with Spurs. Sign him up please Alan. £10m should be reasonable.

• bills-son

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:31 PM

jakesome @ 21 – I’ve said it many times before if you don’t like the articles DONT READ THEM…..

So what are we supposed to do? Google each of Ed’s transfer rumours to see if there’s any truth in them before we read his articles? Divvnt be daft man.

Fact is Ed needs to keep eyeballs on this site and transfer rumours are the best way to get more visits – especially at this time of the year. I believe NOTHING I read on here about transfers – either in or out – until its officially announced.

The amount of wasted time, arguments and nonsense written in reponse to transfer rumours is fills half of this blog.

• Spoof

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I’m quite new on this site so I am not sure how it works yet, the impression I get is that Ed repeats stories which are going around to give us a chance to debate them and to debate other articles if we so wish, the majority of the articles will probably be false, but thats not Ed’s fault, he only rights what he comes across, if I am right then how can people have a pop at him, if I’m wrong can someone tell me what the site is about

• geordie157

Jun 27, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Again if its true then its a good player to look to sign. But i’m sticking with my prediction of alderweireld being our centre back addition

• Harley

Jun 27, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Das vud be ein wunderbar signing!

• toonincheek

Jun 28, 2012 at 12:51 AM

GeordieDan – you posted that twice.

Only twice? Worth posting a hundred times!