Newcastle Transfer Deals Left In Limbo

It seems that Newcastle have made their last offer for Luuk de Jong and one of the things Newcastle didn’t know about the Dutch striker is if he really wants to come to Newcastle, but ii doesn’t look like it,  with rumors circulating that he may want to stay on the continent.

Douglas – now terms may be the issue

But Newcastle will not be drawn into an auction for the player, which seems what FC Twente are hoping for, with Borussia Mönchengladbach still interested, and Tottenham likely to enter the fray this week, with new manager Andre Villas-Boas wanting some new players, and if you believe the news – getting £50M to spend this summer.

If that happens we can probably kiss goodbye to getting the Dutch International on Tyneside.

Newcastle should have better luck with Douglas, but because he wants to qualify to play for the Dutch national team he will not be able leave Holland until the end of August so he has lived five years in the country, and that meets FIFA’s regulations, with Douglas already a Dutch citizen.

It seems that even this deal has been left in cold storage by Derek LLambias and Lee Charnley, although there seems no reason Newcastle cannot tie the deal up, and then wait for Douglas to arrive in late August?

The fee of £5M has been agreed but it seems that his terms are proving to be a stumbling block with the big Brazilian, and there are still a number of people who are claiming to represent him, and we suspect they want a cut, and that’s what’s really causing the problems.

Newcastle may have better luck with one of their other targets Mathieu Debuchy, who is expected to tell his French club Lille this week, that he wants to join a really excellent club, Newcastle United, and we have to hope that helps us getting this lad to Tyneside.

We need some good news in the transfer market.

• duncandisorderly

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Keep the faith guys

• Beattie25

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Perchinho

Re last post:

We cannot as a club keep gambling and waiting until the next window!!

If we have a bad start to the season, 3 or 4 injuries and get eliminated from 2 competitions what will you say then sir??

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Beattie….I get your point on the thin squad, but an extra 3 players (more or less) doesn’t guarantee anything either.

A lot of the players released, had little, if any, impact on the starting 11. Granted we should have more games this year through the 3 cups, but I think Pardew also plans to use the younger players a lot more. Your SAmeobis, Vukcik, Abeid, Ferguson, etc.

Add to that Marveaux, STaylor, even Obertan to an extent, we do have an “ok” sized squad.

I still think we’ll be bringing in around 4 players who are in and around the first team to beef it up a little.

• Beattie25

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:45 AM

I personally don’t think out transfers are in limbo. If they’ve been rejected we move on, no limbo there.

If anyone think we are only in negotiations for Douglas and de Jong for thier respective positions then your mad. We’ll be chatting to 3 or 4 CB’s and CF’s and looking at the best deals for nufc.

Hands in many pies.

• GFH

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Its now being reported that Twente claim to have received a higher offer for De Jong, presumably from Germany , so thats that.I was quite enthusiastic about the prospect of De Jong , but if , as reported , he seems more keen to go to the Bundesliga , he isn’t the one for us. Move on , bring on the next target.

• spitfire_

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Our transfer approach make sense for the financial climate but with all this wheeling dealing in every single transfer is very very annoying and of course dangerous. It’s very dangerous if MA, DL and AP start thinking that we all can make transfer busines like Cabaye’s, Tiote’s or others. If you will play that way on transfer market then stop first selling your players… what will happend if we don’t bring to good strikers? We already lose Besty… we can’t keep Guthrie which was replaced with a guy from second french division… ML, DL and AP is not walking on the edge… they run on the edge. Last few transfer windows we was very very lucky with failing transfers of Ruiz, Gameiro, Gervinho, Maiga, Erding… now already I’m not so sure that the luck will be with us again.

How we can buy at least 6 new players with that kind of negotiating I don’t know…

• Beattie25

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Ibiza

Our first debate in a long time. Let’s keep his civil ha ha.

I get what your saying and yes an extra 3 wouldn’t guarantee anything but the players we have let leave are midfileders and strikers. The young players you mention are midfielders and strikers. We need defensive additions desperately or we may struggle. It would be good to have Good, Douglas and Debuchy but if or when Simmo leaves and if or when Saylor gets injured we start to look slim on the ground. If someone else gets injured or suspended the dominoes start to fall.

If we don’t enter the reserve leauge next year then I’ll be happy with 4 or 5 but it’s more than having a strong first team, we need depth capable of handling 4 competitions and an injury crisis.

I am still haunted by Perch and Simmo at cb.
    Saylor is injury prone, Colo no spring chicken, Willo has had his fitness issues.

I’d say on top of Douglas, De Jong, Debuchy and Good we’d need a young FB, a young CM and another young CF.

I would be alarmed and dissapointed if we let smith, lover, guthrie, forster, best and more leave and only brought in 3 experienced players and 1 youngster.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Spitfire….Beattie is right, I think we have our hands in many pies 🙂

I don’t know how we can buy at least 6 players, within our budget, without this kind of negotiating.

• spitfire_

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Ibiza that’s my point of view too… We selling too fast but the buying is slow. First buy and then sold… it’s too risky for me the other way.

• Valci

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:05 AM

@Beattie

Like i said in the previous thread i mostly agree with what you are saying. I just wouldn’t include de Jong in that list anymore by the look of it. Of course theres always that outside chance that we may get him but i cant say i’m sad to see him go elsewhere.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Oh my dear Beetle 🙂 Civil is my middle name…

Ibiza Civil Toon!

At the end of the season, the main area to strengthen was Defense, no doubt. For me, it’s still the same issue. 2 players in the mold of Debuchy and Douglas would add that strength and depth imo and keep your willo’s at bay, but as far as 4th choice, £1m valued CB;s go, we could do a lot worse.

My point is everyone seems to have gone nuts with the fact Best, Lovenkrands and Guthrie have gone so now we need 3 more starters. Neither of those 3 were a starter and I would imagine the idea is to utilize the players we have that couldn’t really get in to the team last season, that is all.

I would be happy with 2-3 starters arriving and then some youth (reserve) players arriving to boost up the lads we have released.

Just my humble civil opinion 🙂

Bring it Beetle…muhahahaha

• Beattie25

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:08 AM

The way we do transfers is much the way you play a roulette.

Each number represents a player as scouted by Carr. You place your bets by choosing 6 numbers (players). You spread out your chips by placing different valuations on different numbers based on the likelihood of success and the roulette wheel spins and you hope your number drops in.

Sometimes you don’t win anything, sometimes you hit the jackpot. One things for certain we are certainly placing our bets.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:08 AM

An area of concern is January mind, when we lose Cisse, Ba, Tiote and possibly wor Shola (Bet Indian is going to be well happy)!

• Whoarya.com

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:09 AM

We have walked away from what’s on offer clearly. Our dream team will get what we need which if STaylor is fit, Good signs and Ba stays ain’t the chaps at Twente at a premium is it?

Keep the faith all will be OK come kick off

• Beattie25

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Ibiza we have found middle ground! We don’t need 10 first teamers just 2 or 3. It would be nice to have loads of signings but its not needed.

In truth and IMO we only need 2 first team players to add to the starting 11. I’d say a RB to take us to the next level and a CM to evolve our tactics and formation.

De Jong seems a luxury buy to me and Douglas

• Indian Magpie

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Did some 1 say shola? need any bashing

• sks_toon

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I just want to get some players in! Lol defence is the priority right now (2 CB, 1RB or LB), then we need a young CF and a DMF, after that I believe we are good to go. I really hope we sign that young DMF from Coventry as well as Brahimi to add to our young talent.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Beattie….Oh how I love middle ground. A Place where friends, enemies and oracles like Ketsbaia are at peace 🙂

De Jong is a luxury buy I agree. We clearly need a RB (or a FB if you of the opinion we can’t have a right footed LB 🙂 ) and a CB to cover STaylor’s so far apparent injury issues (however I pray to God we get a good season out of him).

Indian….Since when do you need a reason or an excuse?

• sks_toon

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Also just curious do we have any young CF at the club that would be able to play in Amy of the cups?

• sks_toon

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:20 AM

any*

• Beattie25

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:24 AM

De Jong seems a luxury buy to me and Douglas seems an odd deal too. We need players to push the starting 11 and make an impact when called upon not to upset the apple cart by complaining that thief not playing enough which is a problem when you ave internationals sitting on the bench which Douglas and De Jong would probably do a lot in all honesty (sitting not complaining).

It’s good to have a football manager team filled with stars but in reality we need to look at Arsenal who are not filled with stars but great youngsters that can do a great job coming off the bench and push the senior players all the way and don’t mind being a sub.

• HullMag6

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Douglas > smokescreen for pieters?

But then again I’d take both. So if I use my managerial logic we’d need fb, 2x cb, box to box mid, winger and 2 fwd/st to have a truly competitive squad.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Beattie…Indeed. It is the Arsenal model we’re following after all, not the Man City disaster (Que abuse along the lines of – “What, winning the league type of disaster”) 🙂

• jesperfuglsang

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Ed, this is just my opinion, but there has been no confirmed news or any indications that we have lodged a £ 5 mil for Douglas.

And with Douglas wanting Dutch citizenship and therefor has to wait until late August to join us, I think we are looking elsewhere 🙂

Just my opinion, but I can assure you it is just a profound as the lazy journos’ 😉 lol

• jesperfuglsang

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I think we might go for him next summer for free 😉

• jesperfuglsang

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I think Debuchy, Good and Hoillet will arrive. I don’t know what they will do for a CB or CM, but I don’t think we will sign an expensive forward.

…we might go for a U21; just a hunch 😉

• Newcastleforlife

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Butner any idea?? Good LB @ 2million

• edadamson1

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Ive just seen a video on sky sports of douglas and he’s turned up to pre season unfit and over weight, so it might not be a bad thing that he wants to stay in holland all summer, so he can get fitter before he comes to newcastle

• 89Norcal

Jul 5, 2012 at 4:14 AM

Last I heard the deal with Douglas shot up to £8 million, and I see conflicting reports everywhere.

All seem to be in agreement about the wait until August to wrap it up, though.