The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Gael Bigirimana Ponders Which Country To Play For

11:49 am, Monday, July 9th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 139 Comments

There’s news in the AllAfrica web-site   that Gael Bigirimana, who signed a five-year contract at Newcastle United last Friday, may want to play for the Rwanda National team.

Gael Bigirimana - after signing for Newcastle last Friday

Bigirimana has no caps at any level for any country at the moment,  and the Burundi-born player told The New Times in April, that he had turned down requests by the Burundi National side to play for them, and instead he apparently wants to play for Rwanda.

This is what Gael said in April, while he was still a Coventry City player:

“Although I have played for England youth teams, I can’t say that would give me the chance to play for the Three Lions. I want to play for Rwanda.”

“Burundi has expressed interest in me but I have turned down their offers. All I want is to play for Rwanda.”

In 2011, Bigirimana was part of an U-18 Democratic Republic of Congo side, that was made up of players who play in Europe, but we have no record of him having played for any England Youth sides.

It seems that he is eligible to play for Uganda, Burundi and England, and we’re not sure how he qualifies for Rwanda, but maybe through a parent or other relative, and it will be interesting to see who he decides to play for, now that he will have greater visibility across the football world at Newcastle United.

Rwanda, who are nicknamed the Amavubi (Wasps), have never qualified for the World Cup finals, but they did reach the finals of the Africa Cup of Nations back in 2004, but having qualified since then.

On the other hand Burundi have never qualified for either the World Cup or the African Cup of Nations.

And Alan Pardew made it known in no uncertain terms over the weekend,  that he thinks this lad will be a threat to Newcastle first teamers as early as next season, so Alan must think very highly of this youngster, who turns 19 until October 22nd.

Tags: Gael Bigirimana · International News · Newcastle News · Newcastle Youth

139 responses so far ↓

• 1 Indian Magpie // Jul 9, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Play for India

• 2 ToonAndy // Jul 9, 2012 at 11:54 AM

What about—

————————KRUL——————–

SANTON–TAYLOR—COLLO–SAKHO

————DEBUCHY—-TIOTE———–

BEN ARFA—–CABAYE—-MAVEAUX

———————CISSE——————–

• 3 danuneek // Jul 9, 2012 at 11:54 AM

He should play for England. If he turns out as good as Tiote he would be great in the middle for England in a few years.

• 4 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Jul 9, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I can understand why he wants to help his African birthplace!

But, if he,s played in Youth teams for England then would he not be better off playing for England at the end of the day!

If he,s as good as everyone says? Sounds like a great signing!

• 5 Beardo // Jul 9, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Doesn’t sound like he’s pondering to me.

BORED BORED BORED!

• 6 2_goal_tino // Jul 9, 2012 at 11:59 AM

The missing details from the article- He qualifies for Rwanda through his father. He has played for English youth sides but his main desire remains to play for Rwanda …. ptobably the best for us given that they are very unlikely to qualify for the main tournaments.

• 7 Big Pappa Cisse // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:00 PM

@ Toonandy

Why play Debuchy center mid, if anything he could play on the wing tbh like, only reason Jonas plays there is because he is getting on a bit and cant go past players as easily as he used to

• 8 rich_toonfan // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Entirely his call. Has to go with what he feels is right for him.

I think that this summer will be the biggest test on the transfer front.

We have got to a level where the players coming in need to be internationals if they are to improve the team right away.

These don’t come cheap, unless you find one with a low release clause. Realistically we will be shopping in the 10-12million pound bracket for the standard we want.

I think the club will start to invest heavily in youth, get youngsters in who will be on the fringes of the squad with an eye on them making the grade in a couple years time and maybe only bring in 1 or 2 first team players.

I don’t see Ashley spending mega bucks on players so think a lot will have to start coming through the academy with 1 or 2 first team signings.

• 9 JAMSHA // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Lol

• 10 JAMSHA // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Play for england so that in future we can sell him for 20mil +.

• 11 G // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:09 PM

IM @ post 1. I think that is the most profound post you have ever made on the blog.

• 12 Indian Magpie // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:12 PM

My latest article

From My stand point my BEST work

Have a Read

Thanks

• 13 Beattie25 // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Why is everybody so touchy at the moment.

Not a day nor an hour goes by without the blog descending into utter chaos with abuse and harsh words exchanged between fellow fans.

I yearn for the good old days when a person could slag of Pardews tactics, call Simmo championship standard and be vocal about the doom and gloom and nobody would bay an eye lid. Oh wait…

• 14 pieceofpapiss // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Just been for a meeting at work and come back to read one of the biggest idiots this blog has seen.

darrenfletcher88

If people like Ed didnt report these rumors then there would be nothing to talk about/discuss. However one of the upsides is that morons, like yourself darren, wouldnt be on here spouting the cr@p you just have.

Dont have a go at Ed, he’s only doing a service (and a bloody good one at that) to us as fans.

Take your negativity elsewhere.

• 15 rich_toonfan // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I agree.

Always find it strange how people can complain about the standard of an optional, free service that somebody goes out of their way to provide.

• 16 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:26 PM

pieceofpapiss – couldn’t agree more mate. As I mentioned in that thread, there’s a place for official and confirmed news for Newcastle United, it’s the official Newcastle United website. This is a forum for general discussion and speculation.

• 17 Indian Magpie // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:28 PM

To be fair 2 darren fletcher88

he said that rumour was made up pap, nothing abt ed doing a piece on it

• 18 rich_toonfan // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I read a rumour on twitter last night about hoilett.

There were reports that he is willing to drop wage demands to 30k as he seems to be getting no interest from clubs at that price. Would be worth it at that value.

Sure the club would reward him if he had a few good seasons with us.

• 19 Beattie25 // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Sing along everyone

Darren Fletcher the most hated man on the blog

Darren Fletcher the guy is a bit of a knob

Darren Fletcher his posts are farcical

Darren Fletcher hates Ed’s article

Darren Fletcher why is he named after a player for man UTD?

Darren Fletcher he’s despised more than Planb, Billy, bob and ted.

Darren Fletcher I hope your bowles get better soon!

Darren Fletcher enjoy your visit to the gay chat room.

All together now…

• 20 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:32 PM

What about

———————KRUL—————–

SANTON–PUYOL—COLO–LAHM

————INIESTA—-XAVI———–

RONALDO—–—MESSI————RVP

———————CISSE——————–

Surely we deserve this team if Mashley wasn’t such a tight git…

• 21 rich_toonfan // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Toondarnsarf

Maybe….puyol and xavi don’t come until the age range, neither does rvp…the rest would be good though haha

• 22 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Indian – yeah he did. He said Ed is “publishing made up pap”. It’s Ed’s job to publish rumours and discussion topics on here, as many people have also said.

If someone doesn’t like it, they shouldn’t go to the website. I don’t go to McDonalds and then complain about how I think their food tastes like sh*te…

• 23 Toonboy_84 // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Beattie, are you bored by any chance?

• 24 toonydoonunder // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:38 PM

W

• 25 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:46 PM

rich_toonfan – maybe one day hey?! I’m pretty happy with what we’ve got at the moment though…even the oldies!

• 26 Beattie25 // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Massively toonboy

• 27 WorJordi // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:48 PM

@15
    I think he would be good at 30k plus add ons but there was something about his play against us last season and to be fair against other teams where he likes to do a bit of an Ashley Young. But………. he’s young and with the right management he could be a top signing in a couple of seasons. Plus he’s another International player. I think we should go for 11 Internationals in our first team what do you think? It shouldnt be too hard even now with who we have?

• 28 toonydoonunder // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Well said Piece #14 ,keep up the good work Ed the more rumours the better ,we can all make our shopping lists from all these rumours and whispers and gather up some fantastic Toon sides to take on the world and win everything now there’s some made up PAP.Does anyone else get the feeling that it will be only youngsters signed before the season starts.With big signings waiting until January ??

• 29 WorJordi // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Oh and Thanks Ed keep up the good work. Great Blog

• 30 GeordieRooster // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:50 PM

any word on john Gudetti yet? he should just play for england , half the scotland team is made up of englishmen and they seem to engoy themselves.

• 31 martoon // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Indian @12 – I read your article – pretty good summary of the last 5 years. If I’m being picky there are not really any edgey/witty observations but I still found it an interesting enough read.

• 32 Beattie25 // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:57 PM

What are we all doing? Sat around typing away and posting aimless blogs.

We should be out there, being active,
    Ladies and gentlemen it’s time to down tools, get up of our sears and start the search for Hoilett.

There must be between 500-1000 fans the read this blog and we live all over the world, someone mist know where Hoilett is.

It’s time to visit the train stations, get to the airports, drive to motorway device stations and go knocking in doors.

Let’s find Hoilett and ask what his intentions are.

To the toon mobile!!!

• 33 Gateshead-Mag // Jul 9, 2012 at 12:58 PM

love this blog and ed for making/maintaining it, got to say my favourite part being the advert for the local slags website at the top of the page, met wor lass on there………

• 34 Gateshead-Mag // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:00 PM

beattie

where are these motorway device stations they sound interesting, i definately think he could be at one of those :)

• 35 jayphoto // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Yacine Brahimi at Bodymoor heath today to sign for villa! this is from a mate of mine who works freelance as a photog for Villa! Shame, could have been a good player for us! He said there was 2 players from Rennes there today, didn’t catch who the other one was …..

• 36 jayphoto // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Oh, sorry, it was a player called tongo doumbia…..don’t know nothing about him like

• 37 Shane // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:17 PM

• 38 Shane // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I agree with your stand Beattie! But… I can’t condone knocking in people’s doors, we should go about this peacefully! Aha, perhaps ring the doorbell first??

• 39 Beattie25 // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Motorway device station? What the hell?

If Brahimi isn’t coming here it must be because we are not interested and looking elsewhere!

• 40 pieceofpapiss // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:22 PM

@ Indian

“to be fair to darrenfletcher88….” NO!

He was bad mouthing a rumor, everyone is entitled to an opinion (even you and your rants about Super Shola) but if they have no basis then they are immidiatley disrespected. Espcially on a service that is costing you nothing and is designed to encourage debate.

• 41 Klatoon // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:22 PM

He wants to play for Rwanda because their FA is one of the best organised in the region. The national team may not be doing so well now but its because they have invested al their resources n hopes on kids and grass-roots development. Look out for them in 5 years time.

• 42 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Beattie the poet…Good to see you’re keeping up the good work, some inspired lyrics there mate :)

Also, need to get me a toon mobile…sounds amazing.

Indian…It’s already been pointed out, but Darren DID have a dig at Ed, when he was just putting something out there. On a separate note…just going to read your article :)

• 43 mattnufc // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Howay, tell us what a motorway device station is, we’re all intrigued now. More excited to know what it is than potential transfers.

• 44 jayphoto // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:25 PM

@beattie25 – yeah I agree with that, I think if we’d have been interested he would have come here! His assist, goal, pass completion stats are bloody woeful aswell, good at going past people though!

• 45 Toon in Nairobi // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:27 PM

On a different Note, Ed now that Leon Best is gone why dont you replace him with our Mackem slayer – All Hail King Shola

• 46 Gateshead-Mag // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:29 PM

mattnufc

my thoughts exactly,
    i think as beattie sed we should take transfer activity into our own hands, make it an actual activity for us bloggers, wel make a shorlist or a longlist wotever of players we want, then we can fire up the mobile and go and fing them, itl be less tapping up players more tapeing them up

• 47 jayphoto // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:30 PM

proper f**ks me off to see people having a go at Ed! As someone who spends about 3 to 5 hours travelling a day aswell as 2 hours waiting around for hair and make up stylists most days, Ed and his blog save me from boredom an awful lot! The man takes a lot of time out of his day to give us things to discuss, if people don’t like it, its easy enough not to click onto the blog! As a toon fan, the stories on here, and the debates that follow them are a lot better than any other NUFC site and Ed never claims to be in the know, he just prints rumours that are going round! Personally if i ever meet Ed, he’ll never have to buy his own drinks!

• 48 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Toon in Nairobi…I would imagine Ed will wait until silly season is over before altering the banner….I would expect some more activity still and for Indians sake, let’s hope some come in to keep the mackem slayer off the banner

• 49 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Has everyone run off to check the corners of the globe for Hoilet? Don’t worry guys….I’ll just amuse myself. Posts 49 – 100 are mine!

• 50 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Phew…managed to get number 49 without any issues….now that would have been embarrassing!

• 51 MagpiesFlyHigh // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Ibiza…you can only have 52-55 before you get accused of blog killing

• 52 Beattie25 // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:55 PM

My real plan has worked

Everyone has left the blog looking for Hoilett.

It’s just me and Ibiza, alone at last…

• 53 Gateshead-Mag // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I think the blog has already died, or has everyone got jobs or something?? strange thought…

• 54 Beattie25 // Jul 9, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Dammit MFH

• 55 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Beattie…our time will come and it will be glorious :)

MFH….I can handle it ;)

Gateshead….This blog is a full time job mate

• 56 Toon in Nairobi // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Ibizatoon – Back by popular demand
    we all owe Big Shola Gratitude for sparing us blushes against the Unwashed….
    He deserves to be on the Banter just for that

• 57 Shane // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:09 PM

QPR to announce the signing of Andy Carroll at 3pm!??

• 58 mattnufc // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I saw Debuchy in Greggs, took him to one side with an amusing anecdote before bundling him into the Toon mobile. After a short drive to the Toon Temple underneath St James’, I left a contract in front of him to consider and said I would return 5 hours later with the expectancy of it being signed. On my arrival, I was jubilant that the contract was signed and we would no longer have to watch Simpson try at RB. However, my delight was quickly turned to horror. I realised the person I had met in Greggs was Xisco – we’ve got 5 more years of this guy, apologies to all.

• 59 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Toon In Nairobi…..I’m with you. Wor Shola deserves to be on the banner….probably will need two lines for it next season.

Matt….Be careful…many still have their pitchforks at the ready :)

Shane….Really? Would be a good move, seeing as they have the best English CM ever in the team…ho ho ho

• 60 sks_toon // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Guidetti could leave Man City

According to sky sport, Man City does not have him in their plans, please get him in the black and white!

• 61 Gateshead-Mag // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:11 PM

xisco for the banner??

• 62 Joe1987 // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Ba is evens to join Galatasaray now….do they know something we dont??

• 63 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Gateshead….Tough call. Perhaps Ed could do a poll to see what everyone thinks? I wonder if even one person would say yes?

• 64 sweendog // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:14 PM

http://www.soccernews.com/french-wonderkid-set-for-arsenal-trial-ajax-star-requests-newcastle-move/98348/ …happy days

• 65 AsprillaCartWheels // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:14 PM

simpson will probably see out his contract just like guthrie did, there’s tavernier who is up & coming so I’m not really bothered if we dont sign any rb this transfer window. Steven Taylor will be back,he probably put in a good 20 games before getting sideline with injury for the entire season. Have we sign good? Then probably we got the central defend covered, midfield I’m satisfied with what we have… I got a feeling that Ashley is trying to trying to trim the wage bill before signing anyone this season…

• 66 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Joe…Seeing as we seem to know nothing, I would really hope so :)

That reads as if I want Ba to go, which I don’t. Just thought i’d clear that one up

• 67 sweendog // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:16 PM

do like the look of anita .. looks very controlled and gets wired in ..as well as good passing

• 68 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Sweendog…Seems a tidy player. Bring it on :)

Asprilla…Might as well find out what funds are actually available and what we need to fill before bringing people in. Bit nervy for the fans, but would seem a smart way to go about business. As long as the needed players come that is :)

Ashley Out! :)

• 69 Gateshead-Mag // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:19 PM

is it just me that thinks hes gunna be a star then?? all he needs is 1 chance just 1!!!! hahaha

any1 think we should go for a swap deal with birmingham for lovenkrands??

• 70 sweendog // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Mamadou Sakho… think this could be a goer as well ..loan with view to buy

• 71 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Gateshead….I think you may be :) I honestly, like most on here, haven’t seen much of him (funnily enough). I can only imagine his attitude, commitment, or skills, etc just aren’t good enough or he would have been given more chances, surely?

Lovenkrands….hmmm, why does that name ring a bell?

• 72 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:23 PM

“your wife, is she a, a goer? You know, a goer, wink wink, nudge nudge”

• 73 Gateshead-Mag // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:27 PM

its probably because your an ‘itk’ and you know all the players :)

• 74 rich_toonfan // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Bookies always get transfers wrong.

They stopped takin bets on Martinez to Liverfool

Had sessegnon odds on for a live to spurs.

Backed us to sign hoilet by making him odds on.

If they get a lot of bets on certain players try always slash the odds. To make sure they don’t lose out. Wouldn’t look too much into it.

• 75 Gateshead-Mag // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM

noooo me wifes a little angel, me girlfriend on the other hand……

• 76 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Ah yes, of course I am. The difference between myself and other “itk” is that I don’t share my knowledge. I keep it to myself as I’m a selfish itk who has stayed pure to my beliefs.

On a separate matter, if you want the latest gossip and transfer news follow me at:

@itkyetknownothingatall

I wont follow you back, unless you take long walks through the park at night :)

• 77 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Your girlfriends on your other hand? I’ll stop, this is going no where good :)

• 78 Gateshead-Mag // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM

hahaha scary yet intriguing propersition, will that mean i can band you about as my ‘source’

• 79 Gateshead-Mag // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:34 PM

yes shes called ‘palm’ela

• 80 Gateshead-Mag // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:38 PM

shes handy in the kitchen, but when it comes to love making shes all fingers and thumbs :(

• 81 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Miss fist and her five fiery daughters? B*tch, she said I was her one and only!

I don’t like to have my name spread around, as reputation is everything. But feel free to refer to me as your “source with the force” ;)

• 82 ~Perchinho the Pheonix~ // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Ajax want around

8 – 9.5million pounds (10-12million Euro’s) for Anita
    I can’t see Mike Ashley paying that much for him.

• 83 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Perchinho…Me neither. Must be rattling through that list at quite a rate. Cheeky bid for Guthrie come August 31st?

• 84 Beardo // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:45 PM

‘Ranger to get a final chance.’

• 85 sweendog // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:46 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1175572-newcastle-united-6-young-players-who-could-break-out-next-season .. interesting article.

• 86 TheMags // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Colin just put on DDDDDDDDebucy — anyone heard an update??

• 87 Scotty5-1 // Jul 9, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Hi lads, don’t post too often but just thought I’d let you know what I know. I am not an ITK by any means, but I spend 6-8 weeks of the year in Santa Ponca in Majorca. It’s a very small clicky place where everyone knows everyone. It is also where Xisco and his family are from. I have never met him personally, but I do know his best friend, and one of his cousins. Every time I see his friend, Diego, we always end up talking about Xisco. Now don’t take this for gospel, but apparently Xisco has told him he’s hopefully joining a team in Dubai this summer. Oh, and by the way, his friend pi$$ed himself laughing when I asked if he was gay, he’s supposed to be one of the biggest womanisers going, even though he lives with his partner and child.

• 88 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:00 PM

The Mags…Many updates, nothing worth while listening to :)

Scotty….Let’s hope so. Can’t blame him for taking the contract, but enough is enough, it’ll be good for everyone to end this now. On the “gay” topic, not surprising. He’s Spanish, they’re very affectionate generally and kissing whether man to man, man to woman, woman to woman is not a big deal.

• 89 SupaToonKid // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Ajax defender Vurnon Anita has requested a meeting with boss Frank de Boer in order to discuss his future, Voetbal International reports.

The 23-year-old has finished his third season as a first team regular at Amsterdam ArenA and he is now looking to leave Ajax for a bigger club.

Newcastle United have been showing interest in the versatile defender, and Voetbal International claims the player would love to make a summer switch to St James Park.

The Magpies had a bid for the Dutch international rejected in June, but they have no intention on giving up on their target.

Anita has, therefore, requested a meeting with Ajax boss Frank de Boer as he wants to know the club’s stance on the proposed move to the Premier League.

Vurnon Anita began his career at Ajax as a central midfielder, but he was later transformed into a left-back.

The player is now capable of covering a number of positions across defence and midfield, and this versatility is one of his greatest assets.

• 90 Beardo // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:05 PM

‘Debuchy in “who’s she?” woopsie at first day’s training.’

Debuchy mistakes Jonas for a Geordie lass at first day of training. Freddy Shepard said to have fell off his rocking chair in hysterics.

Don’t mind me, just predicting the next months worth of news.

• 91 Beardo // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:06 PM

month’s*

Apostrophes are important, kids.

• 92 Beattie25 // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I’m back.

I’m currently celebrating as this will be my 10 000th post. I have never once claimed to be itk so I hope you’ll all believe me.

My mate goes to Newcastle University and he actually dates Steve Stone’s youngest daughter. I always ask him for info and he never does any pushing or prying which is infurating. He is a good honest Christian you see.

However not 5 minutes ago he text mr. He’s not one for larking about so whilst you dmight not believe me, I certainly believe him!

Apparently Didier Drogba is going to China! I mean wow! Hot of the press guys, watch this space.

• 93 MagpiesFlyHigh // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:14 PM

The blog is dead.
    Long live the blog !
    The blog killer is king !

Ibiza – looks like you and Beattie are going to have to wait for that ‘together’ time…

STK

If Anita is ust what the silver fox likes then we’ll go back for him

• 94 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Beattie…That’s amazing mate. You’re certainly well connected. Do you know where Andre Villas-Boas will be managing next season too?

Congrats on the 10,000th post. It’s been emotional

• 95 Beardo // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Beattie

I want to get in your pants.

• 96 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:16 PM

MFH….Then wait we shall!

• 97 MagpiesFlyHigh // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Ibiza … How about a bit of me time instead…put yer feet up, speculate on transfers, slag a few trolls..

Beattie..,you’ll be telling us Park is going to QPR next .. now who’s going to believe that ?

• 98 pieceofpapiss // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Beattie – Great bit of insight.

Heard through Derek Ferzakerly’s cousin that Maradona is on the verge of a switch to Napoli and David Beckham is mulling over a transfer to the States, Spurs are interested though.

• 99 BigB75 // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Beattie – Just a Toon fan from across the pond in Boston, MA… do not usually reply on the blog, just love to read it…but i just had to say. Dude, you are one funny bastard!!! keep it up… makes the days go by…

• 100 MagpiesFlyHigh // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Beattie …no preening now…
    just hope 10,001 is as pithy as post no 9999

• 101 Beattie25 // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:28 PM

@ Ibiza

No word yet on Villas-Boas but apparently is 100% he won’t stay on England.

@ Beardo

I’m a size 34 waist and 34 leg so there is a good chance you’ll get in my pants.

@ MFH

We could have a menáge a trios.

@ Everyone

Homo erotica is fun

• 102 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:29 PM

MFH…So another standard day then? :)

• 103 Beardo // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Beattie

Well if we ever have a NUFCblog end of season ball, may I have the first dance?

• 104 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Beardo…I was just thinking something along those lines. Can you picture a NufcBlog get together? Would it be like the first day of school where no one talks to each other? Or would Beattie be lying there, legs in the air shouting “group bundle boys”?

• 105 WWYCD // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Over 100 comments well I cant be bothered to read through all that anyone fancy giving me a cheeky recap?

• 106 Beattie25 // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Beardo

As long as that first dance is to bump n grind by bobby brown.

• 107 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Yo…I would, but I’m in a state of despair.

Beattie….I thought that was our song? Now I just realise it’s a line you use to get what you want

• 108 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Beattie…I’m guessing your beautiful rendition of Hero by Enrique Inglesias wasn’t a one off either?

• 109 pieceofpapiss // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Shows the level of intelligence of the unwashed down the road.

• 110 Beardo // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I’ll shake my tail feather to any block-rockin’ beat. I tend to dance so violently people usually ask me to stop, I should warn.

Ibiza – share and share alike!

• 111 WWYCD // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Ibiza
    Haha plenty more fish in the and for a man with ur level of blog power u will attract a nicer man than that player Beattie

• 112 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:52 PM

What can I say Yo, he knows how to keep a guy interested :)

On the 100 posts….not a whole lot really…surprise surprise.

Got to go….clients need me…to the toon mobile!

Beardo…I don’t do sloppy seconds ;)

• 113 Indian Magpie // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I have received very poor feedback on my article, if some 1 has read it can you please advice where it has gone wrong.

I need to improve.

Very disappointed

• 114 Indian Magpie // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Thanks Martoon BTW

• 115 WWYCD // Jul 9, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Ibiza
    haha cheers mate have fun working lad

• 116 MagpiesFlyHigh // Jul 9, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Am I getting the right idea here….there’s no chance of a signing today ?

Indian 113

Don’t take yourself so seriously, let your keyboard fingers relax, and you’ll end up typing prose and poetry as good as Ibiza, Beardo and Beattie. Then we’ll all have a love-in and a curry night.

Beattie/Ibiza 101/102

Only if my Mum will let me have time off the house work…

• 117 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 9, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Beattie im on my way to the bookies just need a quick bit of inside info any word on this rumour that rodgers is about to take the job at anfield??

• 118 pieceofpapiss // Jul 9, 2012 at 4:17 PM

toonarmydownsouth

dont bother with Rodger, i’ve heard that they are close to appointing former player Kenny Dagleish as their new boss. He’s not tried management before and is eager to give it a crack. Roy Evans as his No2.

• 119 Beattie25 // Jul 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM

If there are any fans reading for the first time this is the first and only homosexual nufc blog.

Welcome

• 120 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 9, 2012 at 4:21 PM

@ papiss
    Cheers for the heads up dont think i’ll bother putting the bet on for us signing some lad from frieburg just aswell he’d prob be shite

• 121 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 9, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Beattie have i missed the orgy?

• 122 FatmanJoe // Jul 9, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Indian – post the link again and I’ll have a glance. Can’t find it on the page.

• 123 pieceofpapiss // Jul 9, 2012 at 4:24 PM

toonarmydowndownsouth

Dont you mean Wolfsburg? Oba Martins?

• 124 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 9, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Martins havent heard of him fingers crossed though we might be getting owen from madrid!

• 125 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Beattie lad if your really bored id like to see ur starting 11 made only of bloggers!!!

• 126 Indian Magpie // Jul 9, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Fatman Joe,

There You Go

My latest article, Have a Read

Thanks

• 127 Indian Magpie // Jul 9, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I am box 2 box midfielder

• 128 FatmanJoe // Jul 9, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Ok firstly the comments underneath weren’t fair or constructive. Pointless things to write on someone’s blog – i always think if someone doesn’t like a blog then fooling do one quite frankly.

Positives – was an accurate and thorough description of what has happened since Ashley took over

Negatives – was an accurate and thorough description of what has happened since Ashley took over.

There was no passion in the writing and could have had more opinion rather than telling the events like a timeline.

There was nothing particularly wrong with it and good lad for having a crack.

• 129 Indian Magpie // Jul 9, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Thanks Fatman Joe

Really appreciate it

• 130 MagpiesFlyHigh // Jul 9, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Indian

Accurate and informative but I agree with FMJ

• 131 G // Jul 9, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I’m rather suprised after reading all these comments that there isn’t one mention of the fact that the local rags are reporting Holliet in town this week to have talks. I don’t think its true mind, as the source is a certain Lee Ryder.

• 132 G // Jul 9, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Cancel that last comment, it looks like it was an old story somebody sent me… my bad. The headline is this now:

• 133 jesperfuglsang // Jul 9, 2012 at 4:56 PM

G

Like the news about Hoilett ;-) he has been one of three I have been gunning for – the other two being Debuchy and Good.

God this is gonna be a good week – I can just feel in bones :-)

• 134 jesperfuglsang // Jul 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM

* it

• 135 jesperfuglsang // Jul 9, 2012 at 5:01 PM

G

Don’t like your news bits one bit anymore :-( lol

• 136 pbNcl // Jul 9, 2012 at 5:02 PM

This is just a one off post until the transfer window shuts, cos I can’t be chewed with the what if’s, but’s and maybe’s!

I had to comment tho, and I haven’t read the comments yet… But what has the world come to! The lad can’t decide which COUNTRY to play for! They say it these days like its a club! Football is mental now!

You should only play for the country you were born in, or, to be fair, if you’ve been there since you were really small! Not 5 or 10 years or jus cos your a citizen now! And you should NEVER be allowed to play for multiple countries!

It’s all bloody madness!!!!!

They are eroding nationalities bit by bit, keep an eye on it, it’s a big agenda surpassing football

• 137 FatmanJoe // Jul 9, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I disagree. I don’t think any one person should have the audacity and arrogance to tell another person what their claim is to a nationality.

If the lad has more than one option to explore and thinks he might have a better option through parentage or whatever, it’s his choice.

I wonder if you were so passionate when ferguson was deciding which country to play for.

• 138 wingspan // Jul 9, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Does anyone else think that we may need to recruit in different areas to which we are? I trust the scouting team completely and im sure that the players we are linked with would improve the team no end but some of the positions seem well catered for.

Our targets:
    Debuchy. No doubt an excellent player but we have Raylor, Saylor and Perch to cover there if Simmo leaves and young Tav maybe. Where our LB position is very limited if Santon gets injured. Raylor did pretty well and fergie maybe but i think we defo need a top class specialised LB

Douglas. No brainer we defo need CB cover

Anita: Again i think DM is a position we have quite good cover for if Tiotes injured. Jonas, Perch, Raylor can all do a job there

Hoilett: Again would be pleased to see him come in but with marveux fit this season and with benny, jonas, benny, fergie, gabby, sammy i think we have decent cover if not.

My main problem area looking at the squad is a creative Central Midfielder. If Yo gets injured we dont have a good enough back up in my opinion in what is probably te most important position on the pitch. Gosling im not to convinced about yet, Vuckic i think is great and i hope hes the one to step up, Roman maybe? then theres not too many others after that that i can think of (correct me if im wrong) especially after danny left

And striker i think we do need an extra striker if possible but again if we keep our players we have 3 guys in ba,cisse and shola that can be supported by benny, Yo, Vuckic, Marv so i think we do have options there.

I hope i dont sound in anyway pessimistic here but i just know there will be a certain budget and i would rather see it spent on areas where we are very thin instead of areas where there is adquate cover. I think we should be looking for a:
    LB
    CB
    and a creative center mid primarily, any other positions covered after that are a bonus.

You guys think were gonna pull any surprises out the hat? Cheers

• 139 Phil K // Jul 9, 2012 at 5:46 PM

The kids confident, and that can only be good. Going by some of the YouTube thingies on the lad, he puts heart and soul into it. Like our own Chiek Tiote. I like what Pardews doing – and on the cheap too !

previous post: Newcastle Interested In Top French Center-Back?

next post: Excellent First Interview With Romain Amalfitano