Demba Ba – I Enjoy Putting On A Black And White Shirt

Demba Ba has been interviewed in Germany by the Evening Chronicle,  and he even seems annoyed about all the stories that have been written about him this season, about wanting to leave Newcastle.

Demba Ba – it’s all crap in the papers

And this interview will be very positive for Newcastle fans, because it looks like he’s got no intentions at all of wanting to leave Tyneside.

Ba claims that the clubs he’s been linked with over the summer – Liverpool, Tottenham and Galatasaray – have not spoken to him or his representatives  – and that’s contrary to all the reports in the papers.

But of course with that release clause in his contract – it was almost a certainty that there would be reports about him wanting to leave the club – but all of those reports seem to have been made up – which is good news for Newcastle.

This is what Demba Ba said last night to the Evening Chronicle:

“What can I say?” “The Newcastle fans see me on the pitch in a Newcastle shirt – that’s my message to them.” “In the papers there’s been a lot of crap!”

“Like I said I said on Twitter, it’s just rumours. People talk, but what I can say is that none of the teams that have been talked about have approached me. I’m still a Newcastle United player.”

“Life is brilliant – I always have a smile on my face. That’s how I am.”  “Football is my job, but it’s also a lot of fun for me. If it wasn’t, I wouldn’t do it.”  “I enjoy putting on a black and white shirt.”

“I don’t set targets, I just always try to do better than the season before. For the collective, it would be good if we could achieve something great.”  “Most important is being in the Europa League, and doing something great in that competition.”

“If we add a couple of players to the squad, then I think we’ll be OK.”  “This season, if we can be around the places we were last season, it will be great.”

Those are good words from Demba  Ba, and we’ll be very happy when August 1st rolls around, and that release clause in his contract becomes inactive – always assuming that’s true about the release clause.

And we wouldn’t be too surprised if before that time, Newcastle announce they have given Demba Ba a new extended deal – and that’s what we’d like to see  in the next couple of weeks – along with Mathieu Debuchy and Douglas both being signed. 😀

We’d love to see Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse terrorize Premier League defenses over the next few years, and the very thought of that is simply exhilarating.

Comments welcome.

Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook (please):

=============================================

• cupiddstunt

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:08 AM

And so he should ,,,, and so he should

• Tommyy

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Debuchy, Douglas, a good young striker with one or two more youngsters as backup to replace who we’ve lost and we are ready to roll!

• Tommyy

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Oh and good to see Ba fired up for the campaign.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:13 AM

He might love putting on the shirt but he definitely isn’t ruling out a move if the money is right,but then again the lesser wage and release clause was added to suit both parties I suppose.

• dmac

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Was Marveuax on the bench last night ? His absence worries me a little bit, surely he needs every game he can get?

• cupiddstunt

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:14 AM

“I don’t set targets, I just always try to do better than the season before. For the collective, it would be good if we could achieve something great.” “Most important is being in the Europa League, and doing something great in that competition.”

This bit does not ring true to the comment he apparently passed about wanting to be the “through the middle player”.

But if AP can get both the Dembas to share and switch through the games it should give the opposition bother as well as keep them both a bit happier.

• Szarka

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:14 AM

“Bad” news from local papers, that there will be no Newcastle-Fenerbache match at Sopron. There were no official men that arranged the match, and after a lot of questions, there was only a simple answer: “There wont be match”. There are gossips, that the city couldnt handle the Fener huligans, they cant sequre the match.

🙁 Im very sad to here… Aldo i wanna know who arranged the match. Everyone is so quiet here :/

• graham cwarr

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Aye 2 way street Jfa

• Rozzy

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Mr Ba its a white and black shirt now 🙁

• graham cwarr

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Damnit rozzy. Lol

• SupaToonKid

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Marv & Saylor still have niggles so Pards didn’t want to risk them for last night as it plays less significance than the game against a better side such as Monaco on Monday so we may see a bit of Marv then. (Hopefull)!

• SupaToonKid

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Ba is happy and will stay; i can only see him leaving if PSG, Citteh or Chelski come in but none of them will, so the mighty Demba will be sipping on strawberry syrup once again by the river Tyne next season.

• GeordieToon89

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:30 AM

How on earth has Marveaux got a niggle he should be injury free hes missed nearly 2 seasons to get fixed and played in our last game of season

• dmac

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:33 AM

My point exactly. I worry about him. He is class no denying it but my god is he made of glass?

• FatmanJoe

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I don’t think we’re going to see much of him at all. Hardly ever plays a full season and seems like one of those who has constant niggles.

If he’s a part of the season then great but I think he’s gonna be more of an added bonus rather than a regular unfortunately.

• 09nufc09

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Marv wasnt injured it was saylor who had a slight injury, it dosent make sense to play a player recovering from an injury twice in 4 days. I would rather we eased hem both back to full fitness in the same way we did with ben arfa and santon.

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:45 AM

dmac – what about Saylor he’s just come back and already he has a slight hamstring strain. It really is shocking how young athletes get injured so regularly before getting on the pitch. Is Tiote breaking legs in training?

I really like the look of Marveaux. He’s class and is going to be a great player for us if we can ever keep him fit. I hope he doesn’t turn out to be the new Dyer always on the treatment table. We’ve had too many injury prone players to wreck our seasons after we’ve relied on their fitness. We need more players because of this and to beef up the quality in the team.

Debuchy and Douglas would be a great start.

HWTL

• cupiddstunt

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:47 AM

GeordieToon89 @ # 14

He’s had as you put it, two seasons to recover but most players get little niggles during the pre-season as this is when they are stretching everything further than they normally would.

This is apart from tactical and gelling purposes is one of the many reasons for pre-seasons, very few players play right at the limit when in practice and training so never push their bodies to breaking point.

Game time is when you push a little harder and that is when the niggles appear and better now than when the season starts.