Pardew – We Have The Money For Three Big Players

Alan Pardew has said that Newcastle have money this summer to bring in three top players, and if they lose any one of their marquee players, the club feels confident they can bring in an equivalent player.

Mike Ashley – has given manager at least £20M to spend this summer

Certainly Newcastle are a much richer club then they were only last summer, and as time goes by, and the powers that be keep balancing the books,  Newcastle will become a richer club.

That’s not an opinion – that’s a fact.

But with ­Newcastle’s terrific fifth place finish last season and a return to European competition for the first time in six seasons, things are looking up on Tyneside, and Alan Pardew says the club’s transfer plans this summer are not dependent on any player leaving to fund the deals – they have the money – reckoned to be at least £20M to spend.

This is what Alan Pardew said to the Daily Mirror:

“I know we can sign two or three ­players and keep all those we have. I know we can do that. I think we will be stronger.”

“And if we do lose a ­marquee player to a ­really inflated price – an Andy Carroll price – then we have got to trust our ­judgment and go into the market place and bring in an equivalent, and I think Mike is quite comfortable with that.”

“The big job this ­summer is keeping players, as well as signing them. I think that is the key.” “We still have a window wide open and everyone is analyzing and looking at what they did over the last year and at what other teams did.”

“A lot of people will look at us, so I’m not out of the woods on that for sure.”  “I don’t fear a big offer coming in, I expect it. I expect a bid for one of our marquee players.”

“Whether it’s enough money to take the player away, we will have to wait and see, but it would have to be a lot of money.”  “I would be very ­surprised if the spirit and ­camaraderie we built up last season was broken up, unless we lost four or five players – and I cannot see that in a million years.”

“We ­finished fifth, but that was last season.”  “It is important that the message gets through to the players here that, while it is a good finish, it isn’t winning the league.

“There are still four places to aim at above us and, if you want to be a winner, then you have to be better than you were last season.”

Newcastle could lose any one of their star players including Demba Ba, Yohan Cabaye, Fab Coloccini, Tim Krul and Cheick Tiote, with Newcastle being able to ask massive money for all but Demba Ba.

That release clause in Demba’s contract is for £7M,  however, it only has 17 days left to run, and then he will be available at his market price, or we should say Newcastle’s price, which will be a lot more than £7M.

But nearly all Newcastle’s stars have already said they don’t want to leave the Toon, and when you think how well our lads did last season, that’s not too surprising.

Newcastle will hope to sign both Mathieu Debuchy and Douglas within the next week, and both those players will be stellar signings for the club.

While we are keeping our feet firmly on the ground, things are definitely looking up at Newcastle these days, and on many different fronts.

Howay the Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook (please):

=============================================

• dmac

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Haway the lads! I will be so chuffed when i see debuchy holding that shirt.

• Gateshead-Mag

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM

its alreet 4 ed, the boxings on at a respectable hour for him haha

• pappiscisse9

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:22 PM

What is he waiting for get them singed up and next season we will win the league simple!

• yorkshireToon

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Cheers nimo

And not to be one of those people but does pards actually say 3 big players in the interview or is this a tiny bit of sensationalism? Either way that interview is positive from pards and you don’t get many of them out of him, something good must be happening soon… Signing?

• WWYCD

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Id like to state that I do like Pardew and I would hate to lose him BUT every window does he have to play his salesman routine

• jimmyxavi

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Gatesheadmag

I told you I don’t do sources but I will say there is a man who said of two transfers on twitter so far this summer on twitter that have become true – Not Toon signings but ahh well.. Anyway his account is private so I can promise you he’s not an itk who wants attention.. Not a Cwarr type!

Anyway I trust him enough to put it on here! Like I said I’ve never said about a singing or predicted anything!

• jimmyxavi

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Oh and he doesn’t even support Newcastle – He supports Darlington!

• kevymartins

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:29 PM

paranormal activity 3 oooh scary stuff…anyway back to football how come there has been no highlights of the match of nufctv yet?

• Gateshead-Mag

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:29 PM

jimmixavi

im not doubting you trust what he says, but if we had a penny for everyone that posted on here with the exact same bleief that their source(not a source for you) wed have atleast 15 pence

• WWYCD

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:32 PM

jimmyxavi
    If Debuchy doesnt sign will u change ur name to ‘never trust jimmyxavi’s transfer predictions’?

• jimmyxavi

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Gatesheadmag

Haha I know – I reckon we’d have signed about 30 players by now if what people have said was true! I believe him so I thought I’d share it – If I’m wrong you can make it 16 pence haha

• JAMSHA

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:32 PM

22 bullets oooo jst got shot

• jimmyxavi

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:33 PM

WWYCD

I swear on the the badge of the toon that I will!

• dmac

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I think that debuchy and douglas are practically done deals. I think we are waiting for douglas to be declared dutch before we sign him.

• Gateshead-Mag

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:33 PM

i hope so mate, pennys make prizes, or is it points??

anyhoo…

• Gateshead-Mag

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:36 PM

aaaah scary movies on!!! just have to watch the last 50 mins

• kevymartins

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:40 PM

People keep saying debucy is in the bag…if he was he would be on the nufc web site

dont get me wrong i want the lad as much as every1 else but sometimes there cockyness an being dell boys wont work time to cough up some cash

• Gateshead-Mag

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:41 PM

miss man, need i say more??

• cupiddstunt

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:41 PM

From previous post

WWYCD @ # 301

I think you are just starting to see what I have felt since they first got into handbags in front of the tv cameras.

To me the whole situ gave me the feeling of set-up, the place was a sell out and they both made a packet which they would not have got had they been buddies.

• gonufc (up and Hatem)

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Ahh f*$k it, I’ll just hope Debuchy is coming this weekend.

• WWYCD

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM

jimmyxavi
    Haha I will hold ya to that…though I do think Debuchy will sign for us and I think he made it clear that he wanted to come to us before the Euros

Also have a feeling Douglas is fairly near signing as well just waiting for the citizenship issue to be sorted. Reckon Sakho is a target as well though and him possibly becoming available may change our minds about Douglas but I could be way off the mark

• WWYCD

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM

cuppidstunt
    Aye I have the same cynical feeling mate, specially as when the final bell went they were like best friends

Haye seems to of gotten everything out of the fight got his rep back, got strapped again, put his name back on the stage to fight Vitali and made a load of money (probably more than we know considering he helped really launch a channel)

Chisora got a pay day and added to his bad boy image plus if he had beaten Haye his stock would of rocketed up though I dont think that was ever going to happen

• Gateshead-Mag

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:54 PM

al be back at 2 hope theres still a few on here

chiao

• Magpies-till-d3ath

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Debcuhy and Douglas would be amazing. The third player, I’d love Gameiro, I would also like a CM because it seems most likely that Tiote is heading to the ACON.

• george.nufc

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Okay so Debuchy for 7 Mil, Douglas for 5, Anita for 7.5? Half a Mil fee due to age of hoilett? Sensible Signings if you ask me?

• Harley

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:57 PM

It’s great speculating but it’s becoming quite real that we will sign debuchy and Douglas.
    It’s mouth watering to think what those 2 players will add to our team.
    They are both top drawer players. Debuchy was probably Frances best player at the euros and Douglas has been described as the best centre back in holland. Even Ajax wanted him to replace vertongen.
    Im so optimistic for next season!

• Trinidad Magpie

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:59 PM

It’s a genuine relief to be reading positive blogs, comments, stories and rumours about the black and white this time of year. Let’s hope this trend continues to the start of the season and then to the close of the the transfer window.

• GeordieToon89

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Would much rather go for Sakho ahead of Douglas but dont pull out of the Douglas deal until we know about Sakho

• t00ntime

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM

@wwycd i like his salesman pitch… Cause he is apparantly a really bad salesman… He said in jan we will lose players, didnt happen

He said we will lose this players this summer, touch wood, that hasnt happend yet lol

• Sholadona

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Well their is a guy on twitter saying his mate who works at a hotel says Debuchy checked in! Sharing a room with Barnetta?

• t00ntime

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

About the boxing, i think the friends thing at the end was to try and show that they arent savage beasts they were made out to be, but even if it was all a set up, it was the first good heavyweight fight since lenox lewis was around lol so i’m happy 😛

• beefman13

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Something john carver said last week about nobody knowing when we signed pappis cisse and that we always now play our cards close to our chests makes me think work is defo going on in the background on other targets, the lad who plays in france mbiwa was big time on the radar a while ago then it cooled off same as pappis cisse did over a year ago then he came back in to the picture, ole toivenen has went a bit quiet but make no mistake he is real quality that lad as well, we are doing really well in my opinion and that starting eleven on friday i would say not one of them will be in the starting eleven against spurs first game of the season, we have depth now and will get a bit more before the transfer window ends even if we loose someone else. for me though a really good centre half is a must as williamson for me isnt of the standard we need to keep going forward, ok for real emergencies but thats it.

• t00ntime

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:07 AM

@shola i’m kind of worried about barnetta… I know he gets paid alot per week but that hotel bill muat be massive by now :S

• scdoty

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM

@ jimmyxavi

Your the only person i believe in here and know your not a want to be itk.

great signing and cannot wait to have him in our team.

Thanks for the update.

• Sholadona

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:09 AM

@t00ntime I’m pretty sure he thinks cwarr is paying for it and is waiting for him to come along and take him to the club.

• WWYCD

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:15 AM

t00ntime
    Honestly it annoys me, u dont see other managers doing it but fair enough if he is doing it to scare teams off our players just doesnt seem like that too me

Oh aye it was a good bout I just dont think it needed the circus feel that it had built around it.

Anyway am off to those staying up to support Khan enjoy it am sure he will be, as he so often is, fantastic

Have a good un lads

• toonincheek

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Douglas has to wait until the end of August to qualify for the Dutch national team – I assume that means Dutch nationality.

But – the transfer window ends on 31st August – so how do we organise that?

Maybe we would have to sign and register him in the afternoon, after he gets his nationality sorted in the morning?

• toonincheek

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Ah, Douglas aready has his Dutch nationality – but has to wait until the end of August to qualify to play for Holland.
    Don’t know if the “end of August”, ie the 31st, is exact or approximate.
    Depends on the exact day he arrived as to when he has 5 years residency.

• GeordieToon89

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM

toonincheek – 25th August is the day he gets his citzenship.. 25th or 28th anyways defo has a 2 init haha

• ToonFly

Jul 15, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Kevymartins

Just cancelled my SKY due cost. You got a link to your Dreambox site? Seems you can get the non chipped ones everywhere but obviously want this sports-pack-free one that you’ve got.

Ta.