Debuchy – I Want To Leave Lille To Join Newcastle – 100%

It was only last week that Lille President Michel Seydoux  was saying in the French press that he hoped Mathieu Debuchy  would stay at Lille, and there were reports that the former French Champions were willing to give the player a new and improved contract, in the hope he would stay with the only club he has ever played for.

Mathieu Debuchy wants to leave Lille – 100%

There have been reports that Newcastle have already done a deal for the Frenchman, but the 26 year-old is still on vacation, but he now wants things sorted out by his club, and quickly too it seems.

Last week there was news coming from the French media that Lille President Michel Seydoux was hoping his right-back would stay at the club, and Seydoux had this to say:

“Mathieu is on vacation. Let him rest. I think Mathieu is an essential element of our game and he knows it.” ”We’ll see how things will slowly evolve.”

Mathieu has made it clear to Lille that he wants a move to Tyneside to join his pal Yohan Cabaye, whose star has risen big time since he arrived at Newcastle just over a year ago, and that’s not what Lille want to hear.

And Debuchy has even said today in the French press that he may extend his vacation until Lille sort themselves out over his future.

This is what the 9 times capped French International had to say today to the French Daily L’Equipe:

“My wish is to leave, 100%.” “For me the recovery session at training was today.” “But I won’t be there.” “I wanted a full month to recover, I need it.”  “I want to leave Lille, I’m 100% committed to that.”

Do you think he wants to leave Lille? 😀

The Daily Mail is reporting this morning that the French International is now expected to finalize his move to Newcastle United this week,  after turning down the new contract from his French club.

Indeed Mathieu was asked directly if he wanted to join Newcastle and he said this to L’Equipe:

“That is my priority, although Inter also enquired about me.” “The coach wants to keep me and I will not change his mind, but I will do everything I can to move elsewhere.”

“10, 15 players have been suggested to them and still nothing happens, there has to be some good will, it disappoints me and it bothers me.”

That last comment is in reference to manager Garcia saying he will not let Debuchy leave until he gets  a suitable replacement in for the French International.

Newcastle have already bid £4M for the striker, but that was immediately dismissed by manager Rudi  Garcia, and there were various reports that Newcastle had raised their offer to £7M last week, and indeed that Lille had accepted that deal.

But it also seems clear that Mathieu is committed to move to Newcastle,  and that should help Newcastle get the right-back to Tyneside – and hopefully sooner rather than later, as it’s time he was on Tyneside to join the pre-season training.

That’s what we are hoping for.

Comments welcome.

Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook (please):

=============================================

• Bloody Marveauxlous

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:24 AM

• Geordiefan

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Hope we get him signed up soon…

• ROSHAN MAGPIE

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:25 AM

would love him in this side

• geordielad95

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Imagine how good it will be to have Santon and Debuchy bombing up the wings, aswell as colo and another centre back bombing up te middle, tiote and bigi covering them, then one of the full backs crosses it in, Carroll heads it in the net every time or flicks it back to cisse or ba to volley it top corner. Recipe for success.

• ajcrawfs

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:29 AM

just do the transfer already!

• geordielad95

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Carroll would also create a diversion, opponents think ball is getting crossed in to the big man, so they all marking him and instead the ball gets passed to Ben Arfa or Jonas on edge of box and have a mazy run or screaming shot and goal

• Bloody Marveauxlous

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Guys what do you think about this for 2012/13:

In :
    Nathaniel Clyne (C’Palace), RB
    Douglas (Twente), DC
    Jake Livermore (Spurs), DM
    Junior Hoilett (B’Burn), WG – (or Vladimir Weiss)
    Jay Rodriguez (Burnley), ST – (or Jordan Rhodes)
    Out :
    Perch, Lovenkrands , Smith, Xisco, Simpson, Harper, Ranger, Forster, Obertan, Kadar
    Best XI :
    —————-Krul
    Debuchy–Douglas–Collo–Santon
    —————-Tiote——————
    HBA———Caroll———Cabaye
    ——-Cisse————Ba————

Subs:
    Elliot, Raylor, Saylor, Marveaux, Jonas, Bigi, Shola

Guys, may I just point out that the squad Nos. have changed:

Krul 26 > 1
    Harper 1 > 37 (also his age!)
    Amalfitano 11 >17
    Adeid 13 > 39
    Elliot 35 > 21

May I also point out that now that the No. 35 shirt is free, if Andy Caroll does return to the toon, he may be given the (appropriate) No. 35 shirt! (the fee Liverpool payed Newcastle).

Newcastle United: Ripping off Liverpool F.C., since 2011.

HWTL!

• Bloody Marveauxlous

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Sorry guys, ignore the top bit! Silly me!

• ajcrawfs

HBA———Caroll———Cabaye
    ——-Cisse————Ba————

Subs:
    Elliot, Raylor, Saylor, Marveaux, Jonas, Bigi, Shola

Guys, may I just point out that the squad Nos. have changed:

Krul 26 > 1
    Harper 1 > 37 (also his age!)
    Amalfitano 11 >17
    Adeid 13 > 39
    Elliot 35 > 21

Newcastle United: Ripping off Liverpool F.C., since 2011.

HWTL!

• geordielad95

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:39 AM

If Carroll comes back, as someone said a few posts back, there is only one number he can have.

CARROLL

You payed for our team
    You payed for our team
    Thankyou queen kenny
    You payed for our team

• GeordieToon89

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:39 AM

You do realise the numbers players wear in pre season doesnt actually mean they will wear them in the season.. Perfect example is the fact Amalfitano has wore two different numbers during pre season

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Simmo is about to join Villa according to this mornings mail ???

• Bloody Marveauxlous

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Well at least Krul has been officially given the No. 1 shirt and Harper will become either a third-choice keeper or preferably the best GK coach in the whole of England!
    #WORHARPS

• Valci

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Rotonda heights // Jul 17, 2012 at 9:37 AM

James the 1st
    We need a striker, so why not buy one we know how to get the best out of.

Because everything will just be arial to carroll, be it route 1, long balls or hit and hope crosses. Look at Cisses goal v stoke, that’s what we have moved on to
    —————————————–

Dude, you just dont know when to stop do you?? How many times do people need to explain that Carroll among other powerful CF’s can be played on the ground and there are plenty of examples for that. If we get Carroll and only play hoofball then it’s Pardew’s fault. It means he can’t properly manage the team and teach them to follow his strategy…it has nothing to do with Andy himself. So in essence you are saying you don’t trust Pardew to implement the right strategy with Carroll in the team. Nice support for our manager dude!!!

• Valci

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:45 AM

*that was an answer to a post on the previous thread*

• Tsunki

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Last Carroll comment from me (hopefully) –

I wonder avout his head ie his attitude. The NUFC he left behind no longer exists. He would have to change his outlook to team rather than him so he would probably have to serve time bench warming and picking up his pro career afresh from there. If he came back making noise and haunting the town at weekends it would be a waste of time and detrimental to team morale. The end.

• TorqToon

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:52 AM

At risk of quoting Luuk De Jong – I nearly fell out of my chair after reading that Debuchery would prefer Ow€n sat on our bench than AC!!! After what has gone before us…that is ludicrous! At £13m I would take Carroll (as I’ve said before!). Yes he will need to earn the support and faith of the toon army, yes he will have to learn to grow up and live within the means of a true professional football…but can he?!?! IMO yes he can. As others have written, can you imagine the added option of a big target man, strong as an Ox in the air, great movement and excellent ground play?! We have some of the best crossers of the ball in the league (Santon, Cabaye, Debuchy(hopefully), Marveaux, even Amalifitano and Tav can pick a heck of a pass out!) and with the option of AC, Cissé and Ba that is mouth watering. Plus short passes inside to our creative talents ie HBA etc. Andy and Shola are both excellent at winning the ball, holding it up and when it comes to it, shutting out a game to win matches.

Everybody was young once, everybody screwed up and made bad decisions once, but judge people on how they pick themselves up after mistakes – rather than the mistakes themselves. 🙂

• Markaccus

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Michael ‘I want top flight’ Owen, may end up playing for Stoke. Wow, micky, you certainly attract the big teams! Surely he’d rather sit on the bench and win medals that he has very little to do with, than play every week? Also, my opinion is : Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That is all.

• geordielad95

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Torqtoon. Might have to be getting me one of those t shirts like, very cool

• TorqToon

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Tsunki – Completely agree mate! Which is where (I believe!) a loan deal is the best option. If he plays up, wrecks moral, causes chaos in the bigg market etc – he is liverpools player and we could cancel the loan agreement if the terms of it are clearly stated.

• TorqToon

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Geordie lad – Do it mate. I can personally 100% vouch for the quality and am bringing some lads up here in august for a stag weekend and they are all kitted up in black and white Carr tee’s! Except the stag who will be wearing a pink one and a veil…standard! 🙂

• Magpie from Lithuania

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:59 AM

we will need to rotate the strikers so for me:

first team:

—————————-Krul————————–

Debouchy—–S.Taylor——–Colo——–Santon

—————————–Tiote————————

—-Ben Arfa————Cabaye——–Marveaux–

——————–Cisse————Carroll————-

Second team:

——————————-Harper———————–

Tavernier——-Streete———Williamson——-Fergie

——————————-Perch—————————-

—R.Taylor—————-Vukcic————–Sammy

——————-Obertan————Ba————————-

BA also in the first team rotation three strikers equally, but not with cisse at one time, cause then he doesn’t score. Shola as a super sub or in the second team. I like the idea of obertan as a striker.

• geordielad95

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Ideal team for league games this season
    ————————krul——————–
    ————–Saylor——–colo————–
    Debuchy—————————-santon
    ————————tiote———————
    Ben Arfa———-cabaye————Jonas
    ——————ba—————————
    ————————cisse——————

Start adding new signings in there and we have a champions league team

• Joey

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Why does Pardew want right-back? I’d prefer to see Sissokho or another left-back, because Santon also can play on the right.

• mattyNUFC

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I’m sorry but I’m high on mushrooms….im reding this as he wants to leave lille, and nothing else….i need to get back to the mountains

• geordielad95

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Haha Torqtoon can I not get a pink one and a veil lol. Get the whole of sjp kitted out in pink Carr tips and veils

• Jamesthefirst

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:02 AM

So a player of international class, and France’s regular right back, Debuchy is telling the media he has no interest in going to Inter Milan, He’d rather play for Newcastle.

MAJOR tapping up by Cabaye in the summer. If the deal goes through, Ashley should give Cabaye a nice little bonus.

• Rotonda heights

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Valci dude!!!!! wtf ? Are you a black American street kid?
    Apologies if you are. If not, why talk like that?

Mate it’s funny how you say I can’t stop, but then equally nor can you it would seem, as apparently you have to trot out your same mantra in opposition every time I comment –
    So lets just agree to disagree DUDE!!!

I think Rodgers is a great manager and as well as pardew has done, this seems a strange move, because Carroll does not have the skill of an Ibrahimovic or RVP. OK dude?

• TorqToon

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Hell of a sight that would be Geordielad!!! It’s my brothers company and I wanted to get the word out and show some well deserved recognition to the legend that is Graham Carr! Went for a Ché Guevara style portrait and I have one myself and it looks great. Just walking around the toon it gets plenty of attention! Imagine what a PINK one would look like?! Lol

• martoon

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Morning Markaccus – I would of thought MO is not tall enough to play for Stoke you have to be 6′ at least. Also wonder where he would land his helicopter in Stoke? 🙂

• toonarmydownsouth

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Torq toon wish id known about those t shirts when i had my stag do i got dragged round tyneside in a fcuking wedding dress!!

Really hope we wrap debuchy up this lad would bring so much more to our attack and defence!

In regards to carroll
    What makes any1 think andy actually has any say in the matter? We must be the last club in the world the bindippers would want to sell to!
    They will sell to whoever offers most in fees or part ex ie fulham with dempsey or west ham who seem determined to spunk money,
    Personally not sure id want him back especially not for over £12 mil and think he could really upset the dressing room however if we sign him i’ll support any1 who wears the shirt but really dont see it happening

• yankazaz

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I just wish to have Carrol and Cisse in my PS2 team for the next season. Longball is my main tactics and there’s nothing you can do if you do not have the guys who over 6″ height to catch the ball…

• JDdubai

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Sorry but all these lineups people are doing with 4-4-2 and Cabaye and Tiote in the middle, did you just not witness how Cabaye played for 2 months in the 4-4-2 when he wasnt that effective, when Guthrie came into it and played just as well if not better for a month or so.

It wasnt until we went 4-3-3 and Cabaye had Tiote and Jonas behind him that he started to control the games and become more effective and we started to play more attractive football also.

Only way forward is with 3 in centre midfield and Cabaye to have the playmaker role.

• Mark29Hungary

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:15 AM

My team:

_____________KRUL
    ______SAYLOR____COLO (C)_____
    DEBUCHY________________SANTOON
    ________CABAYE___TIOTÉ
    BEN ARFA______________MARVEAUX
    ________CISSÉ________BA

SUBS: HARPER, CARROLL, SHOLA, AMALFITANO, RAYLOR, PERCH, VUCKIC

OUT: XISCO, SIMMO

• Valci

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Rotonda – im not a brit if thats what you mean. Im also white and live in CE Europe. But no, i dont speak english the way you probably would. Tnx for the racist remark though…shows me the kind of person you are. That is beside the point though. As for my troting, i will respond to such blatant misinformation every time. Carroll is not useless with his feet…not at all…and im not the only one who has told you as much. Not at Ibra level or RVP yet…with yet being the imperative word here. He is 23…i’ll judge how his game has evolved when he is 26-27. Then we can make that comparison. Having said that, i think that he still has a lot to offer any team. I think Pardew knows a little more about football then you ad if he genuinely want Carroll he has his reasons…and i for one have faith in him which you seem to lack. Like i said, its up to the manager what type of football the team plays…if the players play hoofball and disregard his strategies it’s on him. But i doubt that would happen because, like i said, i have faith in AP.

• Markaccus

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Morning martoon. He could always land at the neares air base, and then go by racehorse the rest of the way! He’s about the right size to be a jockey

• Rotonda heights

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Valci

What’s racist? I would expect a black American person to use the word dude. I would not expect a white Eeuropean to. The type of person I am ??? I used to be a member of the anti nazi league, so get your facts right before you call someone a racist. Don’t ever think you can talk that way to me. You better apologise.

The point is not whether carroll is good on the ground. I have often said he is not used the right way because he does have skill, but players will not play the ball to him on the ground.

• scottishtoons

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Debunchy, douglas and carroll
    this window is alrdy a succcess for me
    (if we get the above 3)

for those not convinced on carroll

hes a really good player and really young at 23
    extremely strong presence in the air and i mean extremely( have u ever seen him lose a header)

he can shoot and can hold up play

and on top of tat he wants to come back!

SIGN HIM UP
    HWTL

• kullmano

Jul 17, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Why not offer Simpson + money to get Debuchy?!?