Is Danny Simpson Leaving Newcastle Once Debuchy Is Signed?

Whenever Danny Simpson is interviewed we immediately think whether the 25 year-old will be signing anew contract at Newcastle, or whether he’s just waiting for Newcastle to sign Mathieu Debuchy from Lille, and then he’ll be on his way, probably to Reading.

Danny Simpson – in action on Monday night in Germany

The Danny Simpson saga has been running for over a year now, and yet whenever the lad is interviewed he always comes over very positively, and he always says he wants to stay at Newcastle, when he’s asked.

Danny got a good start to getting back to match fitness, when he played the whole game for Newcastle at right-back on Monday night, in the 1-0 win against Monaco, at the Hacker-Pschoor-Arena, in Landsberg am Lech, Germany.

This is what Danny told the Newcastle web-site today:

“It was a great result. We obviously lost the other day, so it was nice to get that win as quick as possible.”  “It’s about getting fitter as well though and I think you could see that we looked fitter and stronger.”

“”only got 20 minutes against Chemnitzer, so it was nice to get 90 minutes this time and to push myself on.” “We also introduced some of the other lads back into it and we are progressing every day – you can see that for yourself.”

“We looked solid, got a clean sheet as well, and that gives us a good platform to build on.”  “We want to be winning games, whether it’s friendlies or league games. We had that last year and we want it back straight away.”

“There’s now five days until our final game of this tour, so that gives us a chance to step it up even more, and hopefully by the time we get back we will be flying.”

Good words again from Danny Simpson, and of course the lad has always been a first class professional, and so far he’s played 112 times for Newcastle with a couple of goals – a good return in the three full seasons he’s played at Newcastle United.

Whether that will end up as his full record at Newcastle, we’ll just have to wait and see, but we would not be  surprised if once Newcastle sign Mathieu Debuchy from Lille, then Danny will be allowed to leave Newcastle for around £2M – and probably to Reading.

That’s if we sign Mathieu Debuchy.

And those new strips are starting to grow on me – I like them a lot now.

Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook (please):

=============================================

• NUFCWill1986

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I hope so as We need Raylor to play RB more too as back up

• davybtoon

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Liverpool hav signed borini n apparently Dempsey so Carroll is defo gone

• LooneyToon41

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Dempsey signed for Liverpool.

• Zero

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Luuk de Jong has signed for Borussia Moenchengladbach, and Lille are apparently saying Debuchy will not be leaving the club this summer.

So i think we might be seeing Simpson next season

• DevonMag

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM

DevonMag – What exactly is our system mr.manager? … everyone that plays FM thinks they know footy these days…sheesh… As for Affelay, he is a decent player however imho we have enough injury prone players as it is (Benny, Saylor, Marv and others that are coming from behind) that i would prefer if we didnt add to that list.

Listen mates, we all have players we rate and ones we don’t but you (any of you) have to stop pretending like your “transfer suggestions” are relevant cause they are not. For instance…i HOPE we manage to bring AC back but i’m not in a position to say that we SHOULD or SHOULDN’T bring him back. Thats up to the professionals.

Valci, are you serious mate? “you (any of you) have to stop pretending like your “transfer suggestions” are relevant cause they are not.” This is a football blog FFS! Are you really suggesting we shouldn’t write down the names of footballers we’d like our club to sign and post them? I didn’t come on here saying my mate down the pub has it nailed on that Affelay is in Jesmond Dene awaiting a medical! I said I’d forking love it if we signed a player like Affelay! The ‘system’ I was talking about was really just having Affelay, Ben Arfa and Cabaye in a line behind Cisse. That’s my tactical limit I’m afraid but I’m sorry I wound you up with ideas above my station… Good grief!

• pieceofpapiss

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:11 AM

@ Devon, i agree with your post but how is Ben Arfa injury prone? He’s had one major injury since he joined and that was a broken leg. He’s had a few niggles but so has everyone!!

• NUFCWill1986

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I think Devon might mean behavioural issues, as it took him a while to break back into the team when fit.

• DevonMag

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Papis, Will, sorry I copied Valci’s previous comment to respond to but forgot to put quotation marks on his. My coment starts at “Valci are you serious…”

Ben Arfa is certainly not, in my opinion, injury prone.

• Hatem's better than Messi

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:17 AM

If we’re going to progress we need competition for places at FB.

With a congested fixture list any injuries to Santon or Simpson will leave us with Raylor and Perch playing Thursdays (possibly away in Israel) and then again on Sunday.

I hope Simpson signs his contract and we sign Debuchy.

• ochytoon

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Simmo looks like he’s gained a few pounds.

• Gateshead-Mag

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:20 AM

alreet lads any1 know where i can watch the monaco highlights?? the lin ks been taken down off here and iv not been on laptop since the weekend

cheers

• Colo-Sus

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Devon Mag

here you go mate, glad I could be of help.

No seriously I insist

😉 jesus wept haha

• Burni

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I didnt get many responses apart from one or two, so repost….. anyone?

68 Burni // Jul 18, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Now I could be wrong and know we still have a while left in the transfer window but, i don’t like these reports. (regarding stupidly low bids for players)This transfer window is THE one where we have to bring in much needed players. We will be playin in Europe ffs! All reports that nufc are not putting there hand in therir pocket. Taylor will no doubt get injured again and we have two strikers for one of the longest toughest campaigns in years. I’m all for bringing the youngsters through bit we don’t have enough depth in the places we need it. I could be wrong, I could be over reacting but I’ve rarely been negative since AC was sold and I’m. Just worried for this season comin up. There must be others feeling the same

• Valci

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:27 AM

“DevonMag // Jul 18, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Do Barca honestly only want 4 million euros for Affelay!? Let’s offer them 5 million quid and be done with it!

DevonMag // Jul 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I said I’d forking love it if we signed a player like Affelay!”

See the difference between the two mate? Theres a difference between “sign Affelay!!!” and “a player of Affelay’s style would be nice”. Thats what im talking about.

As for Benny’s injury proneness maybe thats an exaggeration on my part. He seems fragile to me though it might have something to do with the serious injury he had. The point about Affelay stands though.

• sweendog

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:28 AM

if we don’t get debuchy its sebastin Yung .. I still reckon debuchy is happening ..

• DevonMag

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I seem to be suffering quite a lot from that poor editing job. I was quite irate, but certainly not anywhere near the realm of anger management 🙂 My comment starts in the last paragraph, I wouldn’t address myself at the start of a comment. Nor would I slag off Affellay as injury prone before suggesting I’d absolutely love us to sign him.

• outsidethebox

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM

toon wouldn,t let simpson go till they got replacement…
    reading sign gunter …does this mean that simpson is staying and lille playing hardball over debuchy and saying he cannot leave…bindippers sign two cf , s does this mean carrol is on way…doubt if they would want ba even if ba offered after two signings …
    conclusion ….simpson staying unless we manage debuchy signing and if not sign anita for left back and switch santon … carrol to replace best + ranger ……douglas and also good as soon as we can (could there be work permit problem with good )…easy.. sorted

• Valci

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:33 AM

DevonMag – also…it wasnt about you winding me up mate. I may have misinterpreted part of your comment. I’ve just seen to many people around here shouting to sign player X because of our system and style of footy…or to not sign player Y because “OH NO WERE GOING BACK TO HOOFBALL!!”…and thats basically what i was referring to when i said people need to let the pros do their work and decide team strategy and why a transfer target is or is not valuable for us… because we just dont know(or even understand) the inner workings of a football team. Anyway…sorry if i took it too far though…

• r and r

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Just a thought,Babayaro has declared himself bankrupt ( febuary 2011)
    ,we could all chip in and pay for his taxi up here.He would cost us nowt and we could put Santon on the right.Simmo could then move on to Reading and Babayaro and Ashley could spend the profits at the casino.

• DevonMag

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Valci, honestly mate are you serious? You’re dissecting the semantics off my comments? “Let’s offer them 5 million quid and be done with it” was a speculative, irreverent statement. “A player of Affelay’s style would be nice” and “sign Affelay’ both sound great to me! Sign Affelay Mike!

• gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola)

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Regarding CARROLL this is becoming totally effin ludicrous….

we sold him for 35 to get quality players now we are willing to pay MORE THAN 10 mil for a dud in all honesty compared the likes of CISSE and BA….if they do get him it would be a catastrophe for the club, and will make problems within the team mark my words…

• funkness

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Reading just signed Chris Gunter as their new RB, which probably rules them out of the running for Simpson ..

• ToonDownSouth

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:39 AM

outsidethebox

Anita doesn’t seem likely to join us to play at left back 😐

Someone posted an article here yesterday – apologies, I forget who – which said that Ajax did not drop a single point last season with Anita in CM!

• Valci

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:39 AM

DevonMag – see gorgonzola’s comment to understand what i was referring too. Like i said…sorry if i interpreted what you were saying the wrong way…

• pieceofpapiss

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:39 AM

@Devon, glad we cleared that up. Dont want it to become a source of frition or be blown out of proportion like a lot of people seem to do on here.

• DevonMag

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:40 AM

aaanyway, apology accepted Valci! And for the record, I’ve never actually played Fifa Manager, although I’m sure it’s lots of fun.

• gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola)

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Valci what about my comment..?

• sweendog

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:49 AM

ToonDownSouth .. anita looks very good .. agreed that he’ll be used as DM .. especially in Europe games and cover for Tiote ACN etc .. I reckon he is a player we need..

• Acuna92

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:54 AM

The thing with Simpson is he’s a very good defender but a very average footballer.

• Valci

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM

gorgonzola – your comment was made in very strong terms and it feels like you are trying to pass you opinion as fact saying things such as “if they do get him it would be a catastrophe for the club, and will make problems within the team mark my words…” when clearly none of us know what strategy MA or AP have for the club and for all we know AP might rate Carroll very highly.

• ToonAndy

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Affelay for 4 million would just be a waist of 4 millions in my opinion… He’s shite…. I honestly would rather play obertan or vuckic… Plus, Barcelona certainly don’t sell good players for that little!

• Munster Mag

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Is Debuchy going to sign though ? Didnt he say he had “other offers” or something ?

• ryan toon

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:01 PM

HEY LADS ACCORDING TO MARK DOUGLAS LIVERPOOL ARE CONSIDERING OUR 16 MILLION BID FOR CARROLL AND DUBUCHY COULD BE IN ON MONDAY

• Munster Mag

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Gorgonzola, Carroll isnt a dud, you mad fool! 🙂 In fairness, he’s a good player but needs a different service than he got at Liverpool. Pards like big strikers and Demba Ba’s goal against Monaco in some ways re-inforces that. also expect to see plenty of 4-4-2 next season, unless Pardew feels more relaxed that his full backs can defend.

• check the toastie

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Wonder how many Simpson articles we have had in the last 12 months. So tempting to start with some abuse, but i wont.

• Munster Mag

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Munster Mag // Jul 18, 2012 at 9:30 AM

We need a new striker, but surely we also need another creative midfielder, not to mind at least one full back, and a centre half!! Not too worried about those positions as we seem to be very active, but if Cabaye gets injured, as he will, who will take his place?

Bigi – Too soon for him
    Vukic – Dont make me laugh
    Gosling – Even worse

Also, whats the word on Debuchy – seems he has a number of offers or is that all pants?? Cheers, havent been on the blog fopr a few days.

• OLDGEORDIE

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Most importantly ED things looking better for you. Am very pleased for you. I had Big “c” 8 years ago and now am completely free, great feeling . All the best

• seantoon

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Toon Andy
    I have to disagree I have seen affellay when he’s on form and he’s awesome. He just needs to get confidence and game time.

• G

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Oldgeordie @ 37 – “and now am completely free”, is that like on a Bosman from the big C mate? Sorry, had to get it in there.

• gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola)

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Sorry to say seeing him for 35 mill is the best thing that has happened and now we are in for him for what 20 mill soon? Sureally that is hideous….

what about douglas, Anita, Debuchy, and another CF ALL ADD up to a Carroll… well almost…

not that good in all honesty

1 2 3 15