This is Why Liverpool Fans Want Andy Carroll To Stay

There’s no doubt that Liverpool fans are some of the best around, and the only difference between Newcastle and Liverpool in the last forty years or so, is that Liverpool have won a lot more trophies than the Magpies – including five European cups – picky picky. 😀

Andy Carroll – gives his all in every game

So it’s really no surprise to us,  that most of the Liverpool fans seem to want Andy to stay on Merseyside, because they have seen how much the Gateshead lad is a fighter,  and always gives his very best for the team.

And one thing people seem to forget about Andy, is that he’s never fazed by anything,  he’s a mentally tough young kid, and he usually does his very best when the chips are really down.

He showed that towards the end of last season for Liverpool,  when he played well for Liverpool in the two Cup Finals and in the last couple or so months of the season, and he didn’t play too badly for England in Euro 2012 either, with a superb headed goal against Sweden, when it really mattered.

For all the stories about Andy drinking too much, he’s still an excellent professional, which is why it seems that an awful lot of Liverpool fans would like the Geordie striker to stay at Anfield.

Of course on the other hand, most of  the Newcastle fans would like to see him back on Tyneside, where a lot of  the fans think he should never have left in the first place.

We don’t know how this saga is eventually going to play out, but in reality it really doesn’t look like big Andy has much of a future under Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool.

And if that’s the case,  then there’s little doubt that Andy should come back to Newcastle, back home, where he will be as good as ever at St. James’ Park – we’re convinced of that.

Whether the powers that be at Newcastle can make that happen this summer,  we really don’t know – but that’s what we’re hoping for.

But he’ll return as number three striker behind Papiss Cisse and Demba Ba, but Andy has already  indicated he’d just love to play with these two top Senegal strikers.

And don’t forget that first and foremost,  Andy is a Newcastle fan, born and bred on Tyneside, just like the rest of us.

What do you think about this?

Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook (please):

=============================================

• ToonAndy

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Cool…

• Lee Dodd

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I would Bring Him Home For £12 to £14 Million Tops – We can get Other Strikers – We Got CisseFor Under £10 Million. Carroll is a Good Player But Not Worth any More Than Cisse !!!! If The Deal is Not Done By Monday Then Forget It !!!!

• Marty-Toon

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I don’t agree here that he will be as good as ever if he comes home.
    This year we seemed to be getting away from a hoof ball style of football.
    With big andy it’ll just be hit the big man.
    He’s great for the dead ball situations but not so sure I’d like him in the team.

• ToonAndy

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:11 PM

How good it Sturridge!? Imagine…

BEN ARFA———-CISSE———STURRIDGE

• Lee Dodd

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Its Got To The Stage we are all sick to death of it – Get Him Home By Monday or Tell Liverpool The deal is off !!! Liverpool are Masters at Mucking People about !!!! Pay £5 Million More and we can have Van Persie !!!

• IndieGeordie

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:14 PM

The more this Carroll saga goes on, I get a feeling that Ashley & Lambias are getting involved just to get the price go up and get the 25% for NUFC transfer kitty!!

• pbNcl

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:16 PM

BIG UPS ED! Over the moon to know your doing well! Love and peace big man!

The real reason liverpool fans want to keep him is because WE MUGGED THEM BEFORE and they know they look double stupid! Haha!

Love him or hate him, the latest chapter in newcastle’s rich history is equally as mad as the rest! Were never bored up here!

Long live the toon! Toon toon!

• Marty-Toon

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Lots of people saying that footballers are mercenaries and not showing loyalty these days.
    Listen Gazza,Ginola went for big wages in those days.
    Shearer didn’t just show loyalty out of his love for the toon,he of course loved playing here but he loved his sick wage packet too 🙂
    We paid as big a wage as SAF woulda gave him.
    Another thing,question for you all!
    If you were offered the same job as you have today on double the wage,what would you do?
    I would be down the road for a contract.If it wasn’t much more and I was happy in my job I’d probably stay but I understand what they do.
    Andy got bad advice for sure but he knew he would get top wages there and would probably have stayed here if they came close to the same but it seems like he held the club at ransom.
    Probably mostly thanks to his advisor

• Edmond

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I like Andy and would like to have him back, but with the money we could get 2 just as good players, id love for us to snap up another cabaye this tw, im just so excited the transfer window is like christmas!!

• Big Pappa Cisse

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Get up Neymar you tart

• sticklebricks

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Have been walking past this place for the last few months and not realised! Only since he’s signed has it clicked…

Gonna be getting myself a mini cheick ‘fro tommorow me thinks!

• Scorer

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:22 PM

“And don’t forget that first and foremost, Andy is a Newcastle fan, born and bred on Tyneside, just like the rest of us.”
    ARGHHHHHHHH. I hate this type of stuff. It seems to some that when a geordie is playing for us they are somehow akin to the gods. And to be fair most people I speak to arent bothered one way or the other if he comes back.
    Personally, I think for him to prosper the whole team has to be built around him and I like Brendan Rogers realise for that to happen it means we would be better of with Big Sam back as manager. I musch prefer the quick fluent football we play now. Im sorry but he went to a “big” club he was found wanting and if he was that good another “big”club would be in for him now. As it is it seems it is us and Big Sam in for him.
    We seem to have a great atmosphere with the players at the moment why bring someone who is gonna be worshipped no matter what they do, simply cause hes a bloody “geordie”. And believe me he will cause trouble one way or another where ever he goes!

• Big Pappa Cisse

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Brazil are dominating this game like

• leeb1982

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Toon Andy-hope not sturridge is sooooo overrated. Only ever looked decent playing along side poor players at Bolton. Looked average at best in an average Chelsea side

• pbNcl

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Can’t wait to see brazil at the hallowed turf! Be a belta like!

Why don’t we sign crouch aswell and have andy capp and crouch tangling each other up jumping for the million ariel balls hoofed up. Get them all back I say! Duffer, nzogbia, boumsong and ”fancy a taxi” bramble! Hahahaha ooooooo what a giggle

• Edmond

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:29 PM

@Scorer, i agree with you i like the football we played last season, i don’t want us to just hoof the ball up to andy carrol, but i do think its good to have a man born in newcastle playing for us, it doesn’t make them any better but they fight for the club and play with passion

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Scorer

The fact that Any is a Geordie is factor that you cannot deny. If he came back to the club, given his bad experiences of leaving, then we would most definitely be making an investment in a young English international who will not be leaving the club again.

AC is a very good player, people like you seem to think that he “needs the team built around him” but that is not the case, he has decent feet too, and can hold the ball up excellently. He would give us a different option than those we currently have, we could get him for around 15 million and I think that would be a good investment.

As for him “causing trouble wherever he goes” yes he got into some trouble when he was at the club but he was a young immature man then. Give the lad a break and allow him the same freedom of impetuousness and immaturity that you would allow a 21 year old that doesn’t live his life in the spotlight. I haven’t heard of any incidents involving AC while he was at Liverpool so perhaps he has grown up.

Just think that your attitude towards this is a little blinkered, in the negative sense, because he is a Geordie.

• dave 1961

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:31 PM

a couple of other major difference too we shop at binns they shop in them & we kill rats they eat them.

• pbNcl

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Shola’s hold up play is far superior to carroll’s

• Cool Hand Luke

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Team GB started off ok then have just crumbled. No pressing the Brazilians at all. Get the hairdryer out there Stuart.

• Cool Hand Luke

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:36 PM

pbNcl I agree, defenders seem to just bounce off Shola. Andys a better goalscorer though.

• croftus5678

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM

anyone who has a reputation allready will be difficult for us to recruit as we only want great deals and other clubs follow our scouts and are willing to pay a bit more the only 1st teamer i think we might get is debuchy because of his best mate cabaye.
    we would be better looking at unknowns for cheap in lesser league’s for the bargains not world class players in the mould of cabaye as we will just be scouting for other teams again 🙁

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Dave

Superb contribution, is there any way I can subscribe to your comments because I wouldn’t want to miss another gem.

pbNc1 I think it is safe to say that AC gives us more of a threat and an option than Shola, as much as I love the man. I just don’t understand why people are so dead against this AC deal. Personally I will go out on a limb and say that if I had a choice between signing AC or Luuk de Jong (when he was available) I would pick AC.

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM

ToonAndy

Sturridge is on his bike as he’s a bit of a prima donna. He doesn’t like playing wide, wants the central position in the front three

• Edmond

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Shola and AC are similar except Andy’s a better finisher, but Shola is a f*****g tank

• dave 1961

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I was only joking binns is a makem shop

• gonufc (up and Hatem)

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Great Britain (I’m not subscribing to this PR crap ‘Team GB’) are terrible. Neymar is a complete C@nt!

• Whoarya.com

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Sorry Ed but the majority of Liverpool fans want him binned as a waste of money.

His only chance of legend status is easily obtained in Toon

It won’t happen though

• pbNcl

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Hey. Anybody who has compassion for big andy I salute. I’m just a mean bastard and forgiveness jus aint easy for me. ; D

I hope I don’t offend anybody with my consistent andy bashing but I’m just being me. And I’m painfully honest. And to you lads who would welcome him back, well andy should personally thank you. Because you boys probably are making his life worthwhile right now. We are the geordie’s, the most friendly fcukas in britannia! We really are mint

• naptoon

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:53 PM

well said pb

• RobertNufc25

Jul 20, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I dnt no one Liverpool fan who wants him to stay.lol

• Cool Hand Luke

Jul 20, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Danny Rose looking sharp going forward here..

• RobertNufc25

Jul 20, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Think most Liverpool fans will be glad to see the back of him.

Especialy if they can get over 10 million for him.lol

• geordiejamie89

Jul 20, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Well I don’t think I’ll be holding out for GB to get a medal in football. . .

• pbNcl

Jul 20, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I think he should screw his loaf and go to brum. He’ll get looked after there and he will be the main man. He can fight for his reputation there and learn to be humble again. Go for 6m and take a pay cut and take it on the chin

• rknufc

Jul 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM

can any1 upload the video of the players white water rafting on nufctv onto youtube

• ITUNDERASHELL

Jul 20, 2012 at 9:16 PM

When all the transfer business is completed in the summer or delayed to Lowe the price in January I will be mightily releved.
    Phase one will have been completed and the club can really begin to develop its foundations. Phase one was bringing in players to drive us up into a competitive position in the league and it’s been a fantastic achievement.
    Next season I hope we finish the job by spending all our funds on top top quality youngsters who will at some point in the not to. Distant future replace our current stars.
    That’s when I will know the club is at last reaching the summit of its potential.
    The people running our club made bog mistakes at the beginning of their stewardship but my oh my they are leaving other clubs paralysed and trailing in their wake.

• Edmond

Jul 20, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Was Andy Carrol in the film avatar? just painted blue?

• pbNcl

Jul 20, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Bring back cheetos!

• Scorer

Jul 20, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Ruddy Marveaux-lous, I have nothing at all against geordies playing for the club. What gets on my wick is that unreservered hero worship they receive simply for being a geordie, it doesnt inherently make them a better player. players like Shearer/beardsley deservered the hero worship, not because they were Geordies but because they were world class…
    As for Carroll, I agree in one sense that for around 12 mil he would be a bad option, I just worry about the impact he would have on the dressing room. As all the focus would be on him, again simply because its a geordie coming home and all that bollocks. It would be a news story everytime he was left out where at the min it seems a really happy camp.
    Hey I may be proved wrong and I hpe I am he may prove to be a world beater for us, I just think on balance it may prove more trouble than its worth….