The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Alan Pardew Happy Enough – Our Senior Players All Look Good

10:15 am, Monday, July 23rd, 2012 by Ed Harrison · 43 Comments

As well as the Newcastle youngsters looking good so far in pre-season it doesn’t seem to have taken long for the senior players at the club to get into the groove again, and we’ve seen some good performances already from  some of our star players like Cheick Tiote and Demba Ba.

Alan Pardew – happy enough so far in pre-season

And today both French Internationals Yohan Cabaye and Ben Arfa will report into training at the Benton headquarters, and accompany Newcastle to Portugal later in the week, and this is what Alan had to say about the two Frenchman today:

“They come back to us today. And we’re in a good place with the senior players at the moment.”

The lads play two games in two days this coming Friday and Saturday,  at the Algarve Stadium in Faro, Portugal, when Newcastle face Greek Champions Olympiacos on Friday, and then on Saturday will face Portuguese club FC Braga.

And both games will kick-off at 8:45 pm local time, and it’s another good opportunity to give all the first team players a run-out, with the games so close together.

These pre-season games are getting tougher as Newcastle continue to get ready  for their first tough week of competition, starting on 18th August against Tottenham at St. James’ Park.

It was a good display on Saturday, but we should have won the game, but nevertheless Alan Pardew seems happy enough to see the senior players looking fit and in-form:

“There are so many positives for us.”  “The senior players all look good and above where they should be – condition wise.”  “We are definitely above where we were this time last year.”

“We should have won against Fenerbahce.”  ” We should have scored a second goal to see the game out.”

And Alan Pardew will have a chance to touch base with Derek LLambias this week on what exactly is happening with the transfers – not much it seems – with Newcastle still having to complete their first senior transfer of the summer.

The club  seems to be in negotiations for Mathieu Debuchy, Douglas, Andy Carroll and Lois Remy, if the news is to be believed, and wouldn’t it be nice ( Beach Boys – 1966),  to get one of those players through the door this week.

Comments always welcome.

Note:  I’ve now successfully set up a Google+ account for the blog over the weekend, with some prompting from a Google rep in the UK.

And it looks like clicking on the red +1 is equivalent to a “like” in Facebook , so if you have a Google + account,  you can now link to us via this way too.

=======================================

Tags: Friendlies · Hatem Ben Arfa · Newcastle News · Pre-Season · Yohan Cabaye

43 responses so far ↓

• 1 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:17 AM

According to reports in The People, Barcelona striker Gerard Deulofeu is a target for two Premier League clubs. Liverpool reportedly want to sign the Spain Under 19 international permanently, with a fee of £7.5million mooted, while Queens Park Rangers are considering a loan deal.
    by @skysportsbucko 6:08 PM yesterday
    ———–

i hope 1 day we can produce youngsters like at Barcelona. Never ending supply of world class players.

• 2 kilcline // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I am really disappointed we have not got Hoilett, he would fit the 4-3-3 system perfectly, if he goes to QPR then a knee ligament injury is too good for him.

I still think we should get Adam Johnson in for c£10m and then Debuchy and Anita and that would be a excellent window. Bigi is going to play alot next season, lad is a beast.

I also think Gosling will prove people wrong in Europe.

• 3 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Ed, A picture of you could never be too big :)

Thanks for continuing your efforts with this fine blog. You’re a true Gent

• 4 Beardo Ameobi // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Expect an announcement this evening then.

• 5 ochytoon // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:20 AM

What’s this BBQ story I keep hearing of?

• 6 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Gerard Deulofeu. Potential brilliant striker. Lightning fast and loads of skills. wow.

• 7 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Ochy….As ITK was at a BBQ and passed on some “info” about Carroll and Enrique to one of the posters on here. It’s on the €12m For Remy article at the end

• 8 Markaccus // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Cheers for the response on previous thread re the AC/enrique/greggs/tramp rumour. I feel better knowing this info seem to be true, due to so many agreeing about it :D I think I’ll pop into milligans round the corner later to see if owt else is going down

• 9 Markaccus // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:28 AM

@ilovetoon… Isn’t he the fat froggy actor with a big nose?

• 10 ochytoon // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Ibiza
    Cheers haha. Just read the story, can’t believe what some people make up

• 11 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Ochy…So you don’t believe it?

I really don’t know why some of you guys are so distrusting of these people trying to share info with us ;)

• 12 Jail for Ashley // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I done a rope access course in North Shields last year and the lad running the course claimed to know AC well,was interesting some of the stuff he claimed to know.

• 13 ochytoon // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Ibiza
    I know, I’m so judgmental aren’t I.
    Even if the guy genuinely believes the information he’s given us, he’s still taken the word of some scouser hes never met before the other day.

• 14 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:35 AM

JFA…Anything to kill a morning with?

• 15 TorqToon // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I’m friends with Andy Carroll on Facebook and can confirm he ‘checked in’ at a summer BBQ last night with a status of ‘is…”having a burger, a newcy brown, whilst having a chat about my future and listening to ‘coming home’!!

This is 100% fact and I frown upon all you doubters out there! :-)

• 16 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Ochy…No no, this is a credible source and someone we all will know.

Wait…could it be Scharner? Sorry, not starting that joke again

• 17 Markaccus // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Hey, I have it on authority that this was a high-class bbq, with TWO types of sausage, and chicken thighs in a chinese sauce. In fact, maybe the itk got source confused with ‘sauce’ and was actually taking to a bottle of Levi Roots reggae reggae jerk marinade!?

• 18 Toonboy_84 // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Markaccus

I’m back now. Got my shirt. If Enrique doesn’t sign now, I will be devastated. Will have to chuck the shirt in my loft with the gervinho, gamiero, hoilett ones ;)

• 19 JDdubai // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Not liking the quotes from Pardew saying Ba will get 90% of his time as CF next season, really hope we’re not going back to 4-4-2.

4-2-3-1 please, with another winger on the left wing,Debuchy and Santon bombing on, Cabaye controlling everything and Tiote and another destroying all attacks.

• 20 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Two types of sausages? That’s not just high class, but simply unheard of.

I can imagine the pure excitement of this selection of sausages would make the sanest of people say the most ludicrous things. Starting to doubt this somewhat now

• 21 WLtoon // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Here we are lads, another load of bullshit rumours for u to chew on for a few days.
    Coming from a GOOD SAUCE,no,not the old guys cat from down the road.
    Apparently the Douglas deal is done,its just the agent trying to get a better share for himself which is the hurdle.
    We have NOT got Debuchy in the bag and are instead going to sign Cissokho.
    We are close to signing the Mackem target Phillipsfrom Blackpool.
    There u go. Enjoy

• 22 martoon // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Markaccus why don’t you try Al’s Diner – I’m sure you’ll get some hot gossip in there :-)

• 23 ochytoon // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Two types of sausages you say? Wow, how the rich live eh?

• 24 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Good sauce, like Heinz?

• 25 Markaccus // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Don’t worry toonboy, its 99 percent nailed on. Just waiting for cwarr to confirm on twitter. I have a de jong shirt in my loft. Wonder if that’s worth anything?

• 26 Markaccus // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Martoon, well, hot curry anyway. Speaking of which you haven’t been up for an alls curry in a while.
    Apparently bakers and bbq’s are the official sky sports transfer centres this season

• 27 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Markaccus…Well Ashley isn’t going to do any dealings away from food, is he?

It just all adds up

• 28 Jail for Ashley // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:48 AM

This lack of transfer activity is killing this blog.

• 29 TorqToon // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:49 AM

WL – That being the case…I’m off to get Phillips on the back of my shirt!!! I trust your word!

Should it fall through I will scratch off the ‘S’ and just claim it to be my name….which is actually Steve – so my plan kinda falls apart!

Don’t let me down WL ! :-)

• 30 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:52 AM

JFA…Was having a read through articles from a year ago and you could argue your case :)

I’m not going to mention that it was roughly a year ago I started commenting on here…..

….*whistles innocently”

• 31 jesperfuglsang // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:53 AM

@ Ibiza

Reply from last post:

That would be something wouldn’t it ;) lol

• 32 Toonboy_84 // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Anyone else using android? What just happened to the lay out of the blog?

• 33 Rotonda heights // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:54 AM

WLtoon

heinz or hp!!

SOURCE

• 34 bambams // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I see that Vlaar has pulled out of Villa deal, I know nothing about him other than what’s been said on sky. Big beast, is he any good? Anyone ? Should we be looking ?

• 35 WLtoon // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:56 AM

@ 29 Save ya money mate,dont believe anything u hear on this blog unless u see him wearing the shirt.

• 36 Bloomin Marveaux-lous // Jul 23, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I personally think we will only sign 1 first team player this Summer.

Debuchy has been on an extended holiday and Nufc have more than likely shown thier diligence, patience and professionalism by not approaching him during his break.

Now that he is back I expect a move in the
    Coming weeks. But whom else?

Curtis Good might come in and along with Tav provide defensive cover. The young French striker could also be a good bet and perhaps Anita if he comes available.

Other than that we could do with a left footed LB (a youngster like but not Zeki Fryers) and then I think it’ll be done.

I would love to have more and think we need more if we are to push forward but I think our vision and the boards vision is completely different.

• 37 WLtoon // Jul 23, 2012 at 11:01 AM

@33
    A guy in the club who watches the Toon Juniors.
    Like i said tho,its only another bullshit rumour so i would,nt hold ur breath m8

• 38 jesperfuglsang // Jul 23, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Do we have Marveaux-lous triplets now or are they just reproducing themselves now? :-/

• 39 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 23, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Jesper….I made a mistake and fed Ruddy after midnight, now they’re just multiplying at a scary rate.

Let’s just make sure we don’t get any of them wet, ok?

• 40 Newfrancernal United // Jul 23, 2012 at 11:44 AM

In the wise words of biggie smalls ‘Haters gon’ Hate’- lol

Couple of things- He’s not a scouser- hes just got a flat there and supports liverpool- in fact hes not even English.

Hes a very well known footy expert and knows most of the goings on at liverpool- hence why I asked about Carroll and Enrique (Enrique who he knows personally).

I came back (from Australia) to this sunny Mediterranean country for a wedding and this ‘guest’ happened to be here. I’ll be meeting him again tonight for a couple of games of blackjack and a few beerio’s and i’ll be sure to ask him whatever i can without bothering him.

• 41 Newfrancernal United // Jul 23, 2012 at 11:45 AM

And there were indeed some magnificent sausies present at the BBQ, along with chicken breast and marinated lamb chops- BANG

• 42 Newfrancernal United // Jul 23, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I am genuinely not making any of this up- whether or not his info is true or false I can’t help you with, but surely its a little more refreshing than the same old paper talk.

I AM going to tell you all who it is once he’s left- purely in the interest of being objective.

Have a little faith guys, jeez haha

• 43 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 23, 2012 at 1:36 PM

NewFrancernal…..I’m sure you can understand everyone’s disbelief, given the amount of rubbish that flies around the place this time of year.

Either way, thanks for the info and I look forward to an update later.

previous post: James Tavernier The Pick Of The Youngsters So Far?

next post: Newcastle Still Deadlocked On All Their Transfer Targets