Liverpool To Wipe Their Nose And Let Carroll Leave This Summer

Newcastle United are now after two good strikers,  in 23 tear-old  England and Liverpool striker Andy Carroll, and Marseilles 25 year-old French International Loic Remi, and as far as we are concerned,  if we get either one of these into Newcastle before  September, that would be just great.

Andy Carroll – will leave Liverpool this summer

Newcastle missed out on Luuk de Jong, but either one of those two would let us forget about Luuk, and of course he preferred to go to Borussia Monchengladbach in any case – so that’s OK.

It’s clear that Alan Pardew would love to have Andy back at Newcastle,  but  it’s not clear which one of the two strikers Newcastle would prefer, but it seems that Remy would be the cheaper option, and although £15M is being mentioned as a fee, there’s no way any club would pay that for a player, when he has only one year left on his contract.

Well we suppose Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain could, given PSG have just apparently bid £40M for Luka Modrich, if reports are to be believed.

Alan Pardew seems convinced that Liverpool will have to let let Andy Carroll move on this summer, and this is what the Newcastle manager had to say about the subject today:

“Reading chairman John Madejski used to say to me about certain players. ‘Just wipe your nose and move on’ –  and I think Liverpool are going to have to do that with Andy.”

“I think it was obvious as soon as Brendan went into Liverpool that Andy’s time was going to have to be somewhere else –  I think it’s quite right we’re involved in that.”

“Whether he comes here, is something that I will take or I will leave.” “It’s a lot of money for Mike Ashley, although we’ll obviously be getting a big upside in terms of what we sold him for, and we’ve got three great strikers here already.”

“But of course as the manager, I want the best players I can get.”

Newcastle have made very good use of the £35M they received for Andy and they have used £24M of that to bring in Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse, Davide Santon, Gabby Obertan and Gael Bigirimna.

Not a bad use of some of the Carroll fee, six good players and still £11M left – maybe to bring Remy in with – and of course the £35M was paid up front in cool cash by Liverpool, at the request of Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

There’s still six days to go until Demba Ba’s release clause runs out, so it will not be until next Wednesday that Newcastle will know whether they need to bring in one new striker, or two, if Demba Ba leaves before August rolls around.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google + (please):

=============================================

• Rowan Milsted

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Yet another day with no major signings, nothing but speculation and rumour… how tiresome. Well, at least we haven’t sold anyone.

• Zero

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM

nearly first damn it *shakes fist* one day 1st will be mine

• Tooooon

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I’m getting worried that we only have 3 strikers (one of them is Shola who is a Championship striker) and bearing in mind that both of them are going to the AFCON we desperately need another striker; a new striker is a MUST!

• Rotonda heights

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I think it says everything that the only other person in for carroll is the high priest of hoofball – sam allardyce

• HBA Blood Twister

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM

@Tooooon

1) Shola is a Premiership striker
    2) Chances are that Ivory coast will beat Senegal in ACoN qualifier and it will only be Cheik that goes.

• dubzy

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:26 PM

LOIC REMY 4 me over BA & CARROL …PACE POWER AN SCORES ALSORTS OF GOALS….

• DannyA

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Tooon they probs wont be goin 2 AFCON mate senagal have 2 beat the Ivory Coast lot 2 qualify so likelyhood is we will have the dembas all season but will lose tiote obviously

dunno wats worse losin the dembas or losin tiote lol

• MarkO

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Do not want that donkey back

• Rotonda heights

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:34 PM

let carroll go to west ham for their only tactic of hopeful flick- ons to an aging nolan.

Does anyone know what happened to Koura the guy who scored 2 in that trial?

• lukes26

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:36 PM

IF Demba Ba has been offered 95k a week wages to play for Rubin Kazan, then it would be very hard for him to rationalize staying.

Not only does this double his yearly income, he would also get 3.5 million from his sale. I’m pretty sure that if I was offered that type of salary increase I would leave my comfy job and country for the depressing steppes of godless russia.

Demba Ba out, Carroll in?

• keeping the faith

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:47 PM

If we want to keep on improving then we need better than Carroll. All this we need 4 strikers nonsense. Look at manure, chelski, spuds and the gooners. Who were there 4 top strikers last season and they all had better seasons than us. I agree another striker-cum-winger we could do with but not another target man like Carroll

• ToonHeart

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I will be so happy when this transfer window is over. I’m at work refreshing to see if any new singing comes in.
    Sod’s law, every time I’m away somewhere and I get back, Newcastle sign someone and I miss the hype and read all the crap lol… I just want it to end already lol

• GFH

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Lukes 26 If Ba goes that would give us a problem whether we bought Carroll Or Remy ( my preference easily!) Either of the two would use up our budget , with very little coming back from selling Ba so we would be back to 3 strikers . Hopefully there is a very good development striker in Carr’s little black book.

• toonLYF

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:53 PM

it’s mint how Ivory Coast and Senegal got eachother in the qualifiers, what are the chances

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I don’t think Ba will leave. I am hopeful we’ll sign a quick LF type player like Remy to add to our strike-force. I really want Debuchy to sign first though.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I would much rather we spent the reported 15 million being touted for Caroll on Remy any day of the week. We played some of the best football we have played in a long time while using 4-3-3 (West Brom away in particular) and if we bought Caroll Pardew will more than likely play 4-4-2.

Imagine

——————————Krul—————————–

–Debuchy——Taylor———-Collocini——Santon–

——Cabaye————-Tiote————Gutierrez——

——-HBA—————Cisse————–Remy——–

Champagne football right there

• Adssy Mccc

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I really want us to sign Remy. If we get him we’ll have a slightly different sort of player to HBA but one who will fit in equally with what Newcastle United are all about and one who I think will be equally as adored by the fans!!

GO all out to get him I say!!

• Tab Hunter

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM

People always say we bought cabaye and santon with the money from Carroll but don’t forget the money we got from Nolan and Enrique, I.e 4m and 6m. So really we should still have money in the kitty!!

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM

ToonHeart – Same here m8. The only thing I am against is it will mean the end of the summer and I love sunny summer 🙂

Hope we sign players quick cuz we’re gonna need it. This Huntelaar rumour better not be true don’t rate that player. Go for Remy and Debuchy and Douglas in August COME ON!

• stevetoon85

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I’ve seen a few reports on here that claim Loic Remy has “1 year remaining on his contract” This is not true….he has only completed 2 YEARS of a 5 YEAR contact with Marseille!!!!

• alip123

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM

ToonHeart – maybe you should just take another holiday then 🙂

In all seriousness, I think most of the transfer business will be done after the Portugal tour, wouldn’t worry yet.

• dubzy

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Big Pappa Cissé……..I AGREE WIV U ALL WAY M8 , THE TEAM AN FORMATION……TOP 4 ALL THE WAY

• outsidethebox

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM

if ba goes..still a big if … he will go before end of july to trigger his big payout….that will give all of august for replacement .. loic remy would like but cannot see ……anyone to play alongside cisse .really and if not could play with one upfront with vukic ben arfa sammy etc just behind….dont see forewards as concern main concern is quality centre back and quality fullback

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:05 PM

• rich_toonfan

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I think Carroll could adapt to other tactics than long ball. He showed great feet to score in the FA cup game at wembley.

We play less direct than we did but still hit a lot long, think Carroll Would be useful but 20 or even 15 is way too much for him, especially of that money impacts on us improving the defence.

If you had Carroll and cisse together teams would struggle. Sit deep to stop cisse’s runs and carroll would dominate in the box.

Play higher to stop Carroll being as effective and cisse, benny or bar could run in behind.

The loan move would be ideal, give us the chance to see how well he fits in and if he would be worth the money

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Hmmm Barrada ? what do you guys think? Are we really in for him? Can he play LW / LF?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:09 PM

JP…Maybe he can play CB, FB, CM, LW & LF?

Honestly never heard of him, but a young international that costs approximately 2 peanuts….sounds good to me.

• Novocastrian66

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Shola is not a PL striker.

• Thump

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I honestly don’t care about Carroll rejoining. I’d much sooner have somebody like Remy in the frame, although I’d love to piss the Scouser’s off – they’re foaming over this haha.

• ochytoon

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Who did we sign Ben Arfa from? OM or OL?

• SupaToonKid

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Ochytoon

Marseilles they signed him from Lyons

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM

OM

• Thump

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM

@ochytoon: OM, mate.

• lukes26

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Novo..last i checked, he was. He wouldnt be a starting striker for most premier league teams. But he fills a role nicely. Sometimes holding onto balls is just as good as goals.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:25 PM

@ Rich

What would be the point of buying Andy Carroll if you are not going to use him as a target man then, If Carroll was not a Geordie there would not be half as many people wanting him back

• Tsunki

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:26 PM

JP – he looks like Daz Ambrose ha ha. He has the right name though, it begins with ‘Barra’ 🙂 Anyone actually followed this lad and no, not on youtube, Dennis.

• thepict

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Shola is a premier striker and a legend. End of.

• SupaToonKid

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Barrada is a CM; he’s quite a big + physical box-to-box midfielder. Could useful alongside Tioté however he’s Morrocan & aren’t they in ACON so it would be pretty silly signing him & losing him & Cheick in Jan.

CM isn’t a priority but I’d much rather we signed any of the following ahead of this lad: Moussa Sissoko, Vurnon Anita, Etienne Capoue or Lucas Biglia.

• mindshaft

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Apparantly Ruben Kazan or whatever they’re called have put in a 7.5 million bid for Ba and are offering him 95k a week wages – anyone heard anymore about this?