Kevin Nolan Giving Andy Carroll Bad Advice – Again

Sam Allardyce would love to sign Liverpool striker Andy Carroll for West Ham, and would even build a team around him and play to his strengths, and it’s not surprising that former Newcastle captain Kevin Nolan is urging Andy to join West Ham – but he also urged Andy to join Liverpool – and that didn’t work out too well did it?

Andy Carroll – pointing the way back to Newcastle?
I’m working my way back to you babe (1966 – Four Seasons)

Kevin was born in Liverpool and is a big Reds fan of course, and when the offer came though from Liverpool eighteen months ago,  Kevin urged his big pal to join Liverpool – a fantastic club – and at the time Kevin was Newcastle captain. 🙁

That didn’t exactly help Andy to decide to stay on Tyneside, and Kevin is again urging his pal to join a club he is involved with – after all Kevin is now the West Ham United captain.

A source close to Carroll told the Evening Chronicle:

“Andy is aware of West Ham’s interest.”  “He’s still massive mates with Kevin Nolan and he respects his opinion from a football point of view.”

“His first choice if he did leave Liverpool would, of course, be Newcastle. If they can’t come up with the right bid, though, and he is going to be sitting on the bench at Liverpool, then he has to seriously consider West Ham.”

Liverpool will only listen to bids for £20m, but they will not hear many bids at that price. 😀

News today that Newcastle owner has taken personal control of the Carroll transfer back to Newcastle, so w’e’ll have to wait and see how the Sports Direct owner does this time around.

When he sold Andy to Liverpool he got a great deal form Liverpool, but the American owners were relying on Kenny Dalglish in those days, and they were  taken to the cleaners by Newcastle, and they will have learned a lot from that.

But if Newcastle are unwilling to overpay for Carroll, then he could move to West Ham – that would certainly be better – as the source says – than warming the bench at Liverpool.

The inside news is that Andy would walk back to Newcastle, and although there are some fans who are still annoyed at him leaving Tyneside in the first place, the majority of fans would welcome the Prodigal son back.

Do You Want Newcastle To Bring Back Andy Carroll?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

=============================================

• ~Debuchery on a Dreamboat~

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Wouldn’t be surprised if a decent proportion of those “yes’s” were from Liverpoo fans wanting Judas to leave their club.

• DannyA

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM

cheers andymx sorry 4 being lazy thought it would be easier to just ask u pal lol cheers anyway!

• Toon_Army

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Nothing personal, just don’t think the lad is good enough for our side, I find the transfer fees being quoted laughable given the season he had for Liverpool, As a Geordie I wish him all the best but my eight year old girl could have scored that goal for England such was the quality on Gerrard’s cross (It was harder not to score, just jump) I liked the post someone made about Sammy being the next Drogba, thats where we should have our focus now, a young striker Centre Back and Full Back.

• Shane

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Ashley and co must be laughing their heads off at all this Carroll talk. Aha! I bet they even told Pards to run with it and pretend there’s some truth in it. While the world waits to see if Carroll will come back to Newcastle we’re busy negotiating real deals. Carroll is not coming back, not for 10M and not for 20M! But it’s funny to watch!

• rich_toonfan

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:56 AM

London is probably the last place andy needs to be. He found enough distractions in Newcastle.

He would e well suited to west ham though. He wouldn’t have to adapt his game to that of the team, very thing would be focused on him.

Personally think he needs to stay at liverpool or join us, he need to learn and adapt to have more aspects to his game. He has some ability jut needs to develop it more and he could become a quality player.

Moving to west ham would leave him only learning the same role he initially had with us.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Responses to previous threads..

Rotonda…Thought you must know. I think by the way some people go on they think the window has already shut.

Papiss….Can’t be putting out 100% mature posts, we have a reputation to keep up on this blog! I agree though, I don’t think that IF AC comes back it would mean reverting back to an old style, but giving us another option within our current play. Which to be honest, is what we do already. I don’t seem to remember seeing one style of football last season, but a mixture, which is beneficial over 50 odd games (hopefully), seeing as we don’t want to be predictable.

• Whoarya.com

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:04 AM

The only team that will be right for Andy Carroll is the Toon. He could be iconic here and he isn’t good enough to be iconic anywhere else.

West Ham and Nolan well lets some it all up by say Nolan is a scouser that plays for Fat Sam. Need we say any more?

• TorqToon

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Sorry for re-post (Ed too quick off the mark!)

Help fellas, I’ve not seen much of Loic Remy but I’ve heard good things from many of you. Also I’ve heard that this ‘could’ be a realistic possibility should the money be right.

What are the lads strengths, weaknesses and what sets him apart from the other lads we’ve been linked with?

• Spuggy

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:08 AM

If we’re struggling to fit Ba into a system that works (4231), and Pards has already said he will play Ba in a central role – where are we gonna fit Andy in?

Is he really going to be used for Europa and Cups? Or as a super sub? Obviously he will be very useful during ACoN.

If Andy comes, he has to be content to play probably less than half the games, or be used as a super sub – would he be content with that.

I’d rather have a striker who can play as a winger which I think would compliment our system much more.

• Toon_Army

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:08 AM

The only thing AC will offer us is a hole in the Bank account and a lost opportunity to bring in some real undiscovered talent c/o Mr. Carr., firmly in the No camp on this one, I agree with Shane, this could very well be a smokescreen given Mr. Ashleys business acumen.

• r and r

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I agree with ya Rich ,imagine Carroll, Nolan and even Barton all in London – trouble.
    Don’t forget Big Fat Sam’s style of hoof ball is not what West Ham famous are famous for.I can see Big Fat Sam walking if they struggle back in the Premiership and the Carroll saga would start again.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I do agree that if we’re only bringing in one striking option, I would prefer someone who is comfortable on the left as well as CF, which Carroll is not.

I do think he would be a great option for Newcastle during ACON (if Senegal qualify) and Europe / Cups and for some general rotation / injuries etc…depending on the fee.

If it was somewhere near £10m, then I don’t think the value is too bad. We do need to have some English talent, never mind a local guy, Andy fits the bill and given the normal price hike on British players, £10m isn’t really over the top (not as much as £35m anyway).

• WWYCD

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:21 AM

So Nolan reportedly wants a player he knows very well and worked very well with to join him at his club?

Wonder if it the same sources that say AC is desperate to rejoin NUFC

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Also there are not many strikers in the world (within our price range) that would force Ba or Cisse out of the starting line up IMO. Would much rather bring in a young striker on the verge of breaking into the first team, Debuchy and a CB for the price it would cost to bring Carroll back.

• tarie4

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:29 AM

20 mill for Carroll? Wow, just wow.

• Minato

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:32 AM

@6

Think Carroll would obviously be good as another option, but for the money I think there are better targets out there. Its obvious that Liverpool won’t be taking any less than 20 and are probably more reluctant to sell back to us..not just because we obviously took advantage of them but we are rivals now too.

If its Carroll for between 15-20 or someone like Remy for less I think the choice is obvious. We aren’t going to pay what Liverpool want so I think it makes sense to move on and actually use the time in the window left, wisely.

• sirtoongospel

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Sorry but i can’t forget Nolan going on LFC TV the day after we sold AC. banging on about how good a move it was, when we were all gutted. Nolan is a pr1ck, and i can’t stand him as a person.

• Rotonda heights

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Ed

It’s great advice. Carroll goes to Fat Sham, the high priest of hoofball to provide hopeful flick ons for an aging nolan and they finish midtable, ie where we were a couple of years back.

With any luck we also get a 25% sell on to go towards buying a pacy skilful mobile striker who is not another target man as we have 3 already. How is carroll a different option, apart from his off field nonsense and his liver buggered at 27.

I bow down in advance to the pompous Valci with his ”I’m the only opinion that counts” and everyone else’s views (in his not so humble opinion) are crap.

Valci I think you’ll find Spain and Barcelona have had unparallelled succes in the modern era and I would say they were the way to go and making our kids feel comfortable with the ball at their feet would be the best spin off of all.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Minato…There certainly will be cheaper options out there, can’t dispute that.

We shall see, is the AC saga just a decoy for our real dealings? Can MA pull off quote possible the best transfer dealing of all time (whether you want him back or not, “if” he comes for £10m, that’s almost a complete team re-build for nothing).

Basically, I’m happy if he comes or if we get someone else in. Happy happy happy 🙂

• Minato

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I’m honestly hoping so too. I’d say I’m simply sitting on the fence on this one because I was one of few who wanted to see Andy do OK when he left. Something I didn’t feel when Enrique left. To be honest though gradually more and more I’ve felt that letting him go was the right thing to do.

• Minato

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:44 AM

The only way we are getting him is if we pay over the odds. Being overly generous I think 15m is about right considering everything and that just will not be happening.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Rotonda…Has Valci been disrespectful to your opinions? I have seen a lot of your continuing debate and I think all he has said is each person has their opinion, his is, he likes a big guy up front and that he doesn’t think that means the team must play hoofball. How does that make him pompous?

I live in Spain and the way they teach the kids here is exceptional, no doubt. England will do well to incorporate some of the same mentality. I do feel though, as Valci has said previously, that Barcelona don’t seem to really have an alternative way of playing, whereas Real Madrid do and he would rather we copy their model than Barcelona’s.

• Rotonda heights

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Ibiza,

He called my views crap which was possibly not what a chap wants to hear, especially on a Thursday!

• Rotonda heights

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:02 PM

When you are a successful as spain and barcelona do you really need an alternative way

• Rowan Milsted

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I would advise Carroll to get a haircut and see a dentist.

I’d love to get the big man back on a season-long loan (but not on £80/90K p/w) but I think we could spend £20M a lot better, particularly as de Jong was valued somewhere between £10-15M. We’ll have to see what Ashley is dreaming up. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if he stays at Liverpool as Rodgers is enough of a tactician to see that playing Carroll up front doesn’t mean you have to play linear, aerial, one-dimensional hoofball. Of course he gives you that option, especially against certain teams, but the big man likes it to his feet as well, something Liverpool has thusfar failed to grasp.

Loic Remy looks a very good player but not at £15M. If we could get him for £10M or less then that would be great.

• OoAhDembaBa

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Watching Barrada play now

• veto

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:15 PM

really dont get this andy carroll malarky , look at all our transfer dealing of late and tell me that andy represents good value for money ?
    he isnt a patch on demba or pappis and theres far better out their for the same price , what the hell is the big deal ?

• Hatem's better than Messi

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I’m not a big Nolan fan.
    He was club captain and had a lot to do with Andy leaving.
    Not what you want your captain to be doing is it?

• stu.toon

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:48 PM

People seem to forget Andy just about doubled his wages when he left us for pool. You think MA is gonna pay him those sort of wages? When we have two better goal scorers at Newcastle. Carroll would be a plan B and even if the fee suited us there is better value wage wise out there for the role he would have.

• JAMSHA

Jul 26, 2012 at 1:00 PM

let him go an join them an then get relegated again…

• AsprillaCartWheels

Jul 26, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Loving the articles ed but prodigal son? I don’t think so.

• AsprillaCartWheels

Jul 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM

put in a £13million bid & £50k/week… Anything more, look away… I wouldnt want Andy to be the next smithies…

• Munster Mag

Jul 26, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I dont blame Nolan at all.
    1. the liverpool move looked fine at the time. kenny got the wingers in and all, and had a history of using big target men.
    2. Carroll would make a lot of sense at West Ham. Sam loves the big unit up front, even if he claims otherwise.
    Carroll would do find there – 10 or more goals a season easily – and Nolan would benefit too.
    So whats wrong with Nolan on those counts???
    What Pardew is doing gobbing off about liverpoold need to sell Carroll is beyond me. Can u imagine if Redknapp said same about one of our guys?? We’d want to kill him ( again!)

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 26, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Cisse- 8 – 9.5M (worth every penny)

Carroll- 10-25M (waste of money)

Carr- 10-25M (Champions League Baby!!)

• shamsoftabriz

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:33 PM

We need to up our offer for *either* Debuchy (who is Jose Enrique, but faster), or Luuk De Jong (who is simply excellent). I understand our commitment to bargain hunting, but we must mix in ONE potentially world class acquisition in with our bargains. A lot of things went right for us last year…we must improve rather than merely maintain last year’s quality. And Kevin Nolan is giving Andy Carroll great advice. When he and Andy left Newcastle, we took off. Because Andy and Kevin aren’t players that would ever start for a top four club in 2013. Who would reasonably expect to see “Nolan” and “Carroll” in the starting 11 of a Champion’s League side? We love them for emotional reasons, not because they’re actually very good. Decent? Likable? Perhaps. Just not particularly good when compared to Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham, and Chelsea will roll out. Let’s embrace the fact that were BETTER than a team that would need Nolan and Carroll now. Ever upward!

• shamsoftabriz

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:36 PM

And don’t think that Liverpool aren’t thinking along these lines:

We need to get Carroll to Newcastle because (1) we will be rid of him,(2) we will burden one of our Premier League rivals with his poor play, and (3) we will recoup 15 million.

PLEASE DO BACK IN FOR DEBUCHY or DE JONG!

• bambams

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I have thought long and hard about bringing Carroll back, I think we have evolved so much and believe it would be a mistke. Just consider he has lost his edge and does not score, we would be the victims then and the bin dippers would love it. Better options elsewhere IMO

• JAMSHA

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:51 PM

• MT

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:57 PM

i don’t want AC back, £20m is too expensive, he doesn’t worth. i think nufc can get Loic Remy £10M ~ £12M.

• Benton Toon Exile

Jul 26, 2012 at 7:02 PM

West Ham cannot afford him.
    Andy Carroll fell out with Nolan over the Liverpool transfer as he felt Nolan stabbed him in the back.
    Andy Carroll wants to go back to Newcastle.

This is just Liverpool trying to bump a price that was devalued by their own idiot of a manager coming out and saying he doesn’t fit in.

As all are saying “wipe you’re nose and move on”