Newcastle To Kick-Start Moves For Three Players

There is a report in the Newcastle Journal,  that while the team is in the Algarve Stadium, Faro, Portugal playing Olympiacos and FC Braga on Friday night and Saturday night respectively, Newcastle will kick-start their moves for three players, in an effort to strengthen Alan Pardew’s squad for next season.

Andy Carroll – Ashley working the deal himself

And the news is that Mike Ashley has taken control of  the deal to get Andy Carroll back to Tyneside, and it seems that Mike likes Andy and wants him back, because he was the one who opposed the move eighteen months ago, unless Liverpool offered silly money up front – which they did – thanks Kenny.

And while there’s been some positive news about Andy from new Liverpool  manager Brendan Rodgers, that’s just PR and sources close to the player have said the Geordie lad has been told there is no future for him at Liverpool, with Brendan Rodgers as manager.

And only today Liverpool owner John Henry has said they will not overpay for players like they did under Dalglish, and then the news is they have bid £12.5M for Swansea midfielder Joe Allen, who’s been at the Welsh club since he was nine years old.

Is it just me or is that overpaying for a young although fairly mediocre player – maybe it’s me – but heavens above we only paid £9M for Papiss Cisse, who set the Premier League alight earlier this year.

The news is that Newcastle will push hard to get Mathieu Debuchy, Vurnon Anita and Andy Carroll to Newcastle, but no news about Marseilles striker Loic Remy, who we are supposed to be after and even close to signing, if you believe some recent reports.

It depends on what the fee is for Remy and we think £10M would be a decent price, but it seems that Mike Ashley really wants Carroll back on Tyneside.

And if he can bring him back say, on a season long loan deal and then say £13M for the option of a permanent transfer next May, that would be good bussiness (again) by the Newcastle owner.

Andy will want to prove himself if he returns to Newcastle on an initial loan deal, and that would be best for Newcastle, who can then judge his form and whether it is worth signing the lad – we think it will be, and Andy could be a big player again at Newcastle.

The promising thing in all of these three deals, is that Andy, Mathieu Debuchy and Vurnon Anita have all expressed a wish to come to Newcastle, and that cannot be bad.

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google +

=============================================

• G

Jul 26, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Hope there is more to this story than a Journo’s ego. We need bodies soon.

• ToonDownSouth

Jul 26, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I see Swansea are come out of said how disrespectful Liverpool have been.

Good on them. Absolutely classless bunch of individuals, from top to bottom.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jul 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM

So, something I’ve been pondering and I don’t think has been discussed yet…Who wants AC back and do you think it would change our style or play?

Also, Remy or AC?

🙂

#Pleasekillmenowsothepaincanstop

• PK-Norway

Jul 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I hope Andy returns.. other teams in PL will piss on their panties looking at our attacking forcte.. BA, Carrol, Cisse,Ben Arfa,Cabaye mouthwatering..

• spitfire_

Jul 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Don’t get Carroll ffs… we should go forward not backward… And what mean

“And the news is that Mike Ashley has taken control of the deal to get Andy Carroll back to Tyneside, and it seems that Mike likes Andy and wants him back”

This sound very very Chelsea style… I don’t like it at all.

• redondo77

Jul 26, 2012 at 9:57 AM

when is the transfer window closed?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Redondo….Serious question? August 31st is deadline day. Put it in your diary and pre-order some sedatives.

• Lee Dodd

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:01 AM

If we are supposed to get these players we need them in pre season training. No good at all being in pre season some were else . If we get the players we are after then yes we will compete for the champions league if not NO !!!!

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Lee Dodd…it would be preferable, but it’s hardly going to completely write us off either, is it? We already have a squad that is capable of competing for a CL spot, as we saw last season. Surely the new boys (or shall we call them late buys 🙂 ) would be eased in, as is the Pardew way, so by the time fixtures pile up and fatigue set’s in they’ll be ready to go.

As I said, not ideal, but no real need for panic imo

• Sholadona

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Didn’t we get Santon after the season started? He didn’t play for most of the first few matches and we were undefeated

• toonfan76

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Guys, I think AC is not the only CF we have targeted this summer, we will have our proverbial fingers in many different pies until we make some acceptable progress with one of them, then the other persuits will be dropped. It’s really hard to stay patient during silly season but we have no choice but to trust that the deals that are needed will happen. Keep the faith.

• dave 1961

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Ashley is the person that Carr works for and all the buy’s are the players that Ashley wants, if you want the manager to play a part we can get more Rob Elliot’s & Obertan’s in the modern game the clubs with the best scouting will be the successful clubs. i would take a guess and say that Alan Pardew has very little to do with the purchase of players.

• Papiss_Myself

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Ibiza

I am of the opinion that that if we get Andy back then thats a good thing.

As for changing our sytle of play. No.

However what we will have to do is adapt. Having Andy would give us options.
    With the Demba twins we play fast passing low balls. Bring Andy in, straight up the wings and cross.
    Play AC and one of the Dembas, straight up the middle or wing, get the big man to head the ball down and set up said Demba.

Keep one style of play and we become predictable.
    Mix it up and we become a force to be reckoned with.

• redondo77

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Ibiza

Sorry, I knew it’s Aug 31. I just want to re-confirm it, because from what I read from everyone posts, it sounds like the window almost closed and we haven’t signed anyone.
    Thanks for the info.

• GeordieDan

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Its all talk no action so far on these transfers.

I really hoped we’d have 1 or 2 big names here by now so they could have a decent pre-season with the rest of the lads but it looks like the priority with our board is to get the cheapest deals possible even if that means leaving it to the 11th hour, again.

It seems to have worked pretty well over the last couple of seasons though so I guess we have to just have to put up with the torture a bit longer.

• Papiss_Myself

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Just realised my previous post was mature and had no humour in it.

Just to even up the balance I would like to say.

Bum
    Poop
    Fart

Ah thank you

• paul6257

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:09 AM

‘id welcome AC back, would prefer Remy but with both Arsenal and Spurs chasing him im not confident. I think a club liek Newcastle needs the likes of AC, Shola, Saylor. Maybe it’s because i grew standing in the Gallowgate watching the likes of Shoulder, Gazza, Waddle, Beardsley and a host of other local lads playing in the Black and White. Granted we were pants back then but nostaliga makes me think its important that local lads play a part in the success of their local club

• Burni

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I think we need to bring in someone, preferably defenders. Id love andy back but a lot wouldnt. If Im honest I cant see that happening. I genuinely think that we have our team for next season already.

• NUFCWill1986

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:12 AM

” unless Liverpool offered silly money up front – which they did – thanks Kenny.” – Can we please nominate ‘quotes of the year’ from Ed? That is absolute class 🙂

• dannyhunt

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM

rather have remi than ac. when do nufc join the draw for euoropa league anyone???

• Andymax

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Live footy tonight, Newcastle U17s play in Milk Cup final.
    BBC2 N Ireland 7 pm

• toonfan76

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:14 AM

*pursuits

• Marty-Toon

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Think i’ll check back in a weeks time 😉
    Glorious weather today so I’m off to the beach for some sun.
    Hope there’s more to these stories than fiction.
    Everyone knows where we need to strengthen so I hope AP gets his targets through the door.

• ToonDownSouth

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:15 AM

dave 1961

Like Ba? ;/

• Belly

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Debuchy is the main one for me. He will give us so much more attacking quality down the wing. Hopefully we get him in. As for Carroll, I’d like him to come back. But I just can’t see it happening, there’s too many obsticals, wages and fees all seem a bit rediculous for the new look Newcastle United.

• NUFCWill1986

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:15 AM

@papiss spot on there m8. Yes to AC, No to style change, Yes to adapting.

• redondo77

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I hope we signed more Italian players.

• Belly

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I don’t think we would change our style of play if AC came back. I can only really see him as a squad player. You simply can’t play him ahead of the Demba’s he would give us an option from the bench. He might even get a few games in the Europa League.

• toonfan76

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:21 AM

• dave 1961

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:22 AM

1 out on 3 cant be bad, but i stand by my point of the better buys are the ones scouted by the scouts.

• Papiss_Myself

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Reports on sky sports news are confirming that Lille have signed of a new full back and could pave the way for Debuchy to come to Newcastle

Fingers crossed

• Belly

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:22 AM

As for Nolans comments on Carroll joining West Ham. He must be mental, that would be a huge step in the wrong direction for Carroll.

• rich_toonfan

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Ashley may be in control of the transfer but that what happens. Pardew will know roughly the figure has to spend and will tell Ashley get me him but leave me x money for other targets

Then it’s up I Ashley to spend as michas he likes as long as pardew gets his x amount for other targets.

Pardew will want the player, can’t see Ashley buyin whoever he wants, he is tight with his money so won’t waste it just cause he likes somebody, will have them scouted or have the current knowledge of Carroll from when he was with us.

Sure carr scouts hundreds of players, has a list for each position then pardew stays I want a lb or cb or cf etc and then him an Carr will sit and discuss the options depending in the position and style pardew wants.

• rich_toonfan

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:25 AM

@dave

Very good point especially for layers coming from other leagues. Pardew simply hasnt the time to thoroughly watch players around the work so will rely on his scouts.

Anyone can watch the prem league and say aguero would be a good buy but you need a scout to watch less familiar league you don’t get to see as much.

• Hatem's better than Messi

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:26 AM

And the news is that Mike Ashley has taken control of the deal to get Andy Carroll back to Tyneside … anyone know the source of this?

• rich_toonfan

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:29 AM

@hatem

Pardew said it in an interview about a week ago. Said he was big mike was going to discus it with their chairman and e ha stepped aside to let him handle the financial side of it

• Hatem's better than Messi

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:31 AM

@rich_toonfan

I remember Pardew said it was been handled at board level.
    So not new news then …

• GFH

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:47 AM

We were told at the start that Pardew was “distanced ” from this and it was being dealt with at board level , so little change there then . For my tenpennorth I’d rather have the cheaper , Faster , more technically gifted Loic Remy, than Andy Carroll , but its not my club so I doubt I’ll influence MA .

• TorqToon

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Help fellas, I’ve not seen much of Loic Remy but I’ve heard good things from many of you. Also I’ve heard that this ‘could’ be a realistic possibility should the money be right.

What are the lads strengths, weaknesses and what sets him apart from the other lads we’ve been linked with?

• JDdubai

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Again nothing of any proof to this story and nothing new. Chasing players, stepping up efforts, how high must our efforts be now, am sure they’ve been “stepped up” or “ramped up” every 3 or 4 days since the Euros ended.

Remy is a non starter for me, too expensive.
    AC – Will see, only thing in the favour of this is that by the looks of it MA wants him so may be more determined to getting him. Would prefer Remy though, someone who can play wide left of a front 3 is what we need as it looks like Ba is staying.
    Debuchy – who the f@ck knows, I feel exhausted by this one, think its Gervinho all over again though quite happy to have lost out on that one.
    Anite – Again will see.

Nothing will be sorted soon as teams try to get us sweating til the last minute to see if we pay their asking price.