Ben Arfa In The Dock – Father In Altercation With His Agent

A hearing is going on before a disciplinary committee today, into the goings on in the French squad during the Euro 2012 tournament, and the four players involved and giving evidence at the hearing are Newcastle’s Ben Arfa, Manchester City’s Samir Nasri, Renne’s Yann M’Vila and PSG’s Jeremy Menez.

Ben Arfa – in action for France in June

Ben Arfa is being asked to explain his altercation with France manager Laurent Blanc, following the 2-0 defeat by Sweden, a surprise result which meant that England won Group D.

Ben Arfa  acted in an inappropriate way in the dressing room after the defeat by Sweden, and was apparently talking on his phone and also started to disagree with some of Laurent Blanc’s comments.

We wonder if he disagrees openly with Alan Pardew in the Newcastle dressing room – he would be wise not to.

It seems the biggest explanations are due from Samir Nasri for a number of inappropriate  actions during the tournament – he acted stupidly to the press after scoring against England, and then there was a foul mouthed tirade at a French journalist after the defeat by Sweden.

And that tirade was seen and heard by many youngsters – not too good an example Nasri was setting there,  for the French youngsters who idolized him.

And really the new news today, at least for us,  is that Ben Arfa’s father, who is attending the hearing, has had problems with his son’s agent for quite some time now, and there was an altercation between  the two of them today.

Ben Arfa’s father went into a verbal attack on his son’s agent, Michel Ouazine, and was heard to say the following:

“You stole my son, you stole my son! You have robbed me of my son!” “I haven’t seen my son for five months now. I came here to see him and support him in this matter. I just want my son back.”

And on the other side of the argument Ouazine told this to the AFP:

“Hatem’s dad tried to headbutt me, but I dodged him.”  “He then pushed me from behind. Hatem has not been talking to his dad for quite a while now. He should have a bit of dignity, and leave this kind of madness.”

It’s never good when there are problems like this for a player, and life is just too short to hold grudges.

But it does seem that Ben Arfa isn’t on particularly good relationships with his father, and we only hope they can be cleared up, and maybe Newcastle can help in the matter.

It’s important that Ben Arfa gets this all cleared up soon.

The first thing is so it’s cleared up and it’s daft to let these things fester,  and also so that he can concentrate fully on his football, and can show Newcastle fans the  great football skills he undoubtedly has been blessed with.

We’re almost certain that Alan Pardew will sit down with Ben Arfa and talk through what happened in the French dressing room, and what the problems are between his father and his agent, and  between father and son.

It is expected that the four players will get different length of suspensions from playing for the French National side – with Nasri, looking to get the longest suspension of the four.

But Ben Arfa’s future as a French International – at least in the short term – doesn’t look very good as the new French manager is Didier Deschamps, whom Ben Arfa had significant problems with when they were both at Marseilles, before he finally arrived at Newcastle in August two years ago.

Bottom line – it would be best for everybody concerned if Ben Arfa can get all these problems cleared up asap, and if possible with help from his club – Newcastle United.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

=============================================

• pardew no 1

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:21 PM

lets get ready to rumble

• Graeme

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Sounds like a load of “handbags” with a bunch of spoiled brats. They will be given a token slap as fining them is a meaningless gesture and a waste of time and effort.

If Ben Arfa is told he wont be picked for, say, next four internationals, toon will be delighted as it keeps him away from the disruptions.

Anything that lets him concentrate on his “Day-job” playing for NUFC, cant be all bad news!!

Please excuse my cynicism!!

• hotdog

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM

It’s got to be said the french are right fannys

• mindshaft

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Jeez Ed – you’re getting as bad as the red tops in the UK with your headlines and exaggerated stories

• mindshaft

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:34 PM

tho fair enough on the content (given thats probably where you’re getting the stories from) theres no excuse for your headlines – you aren’t the sun or the daily mail you know 🙂

• djm...

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Dont see the problem with disagreeing with a manager, one good thing about being a team is having many different opinions to work with. For all we know Ben arfa may have just expressed his opinion and it’s blanc that spat his dummy out.

I have to say, I can’t see pardew being a dictator in the dressing room and I can’t believe that he wouldn’t listen to one of our key or senior players opinion.

• super magpie

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Oh,how dramatic…

But honestly I hope all this gets sorted out, we need Hatem in the right frame of mind for the start of the season.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Starting to wish Benny had not been called up now like

• Graeme

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Nasri gets a 3 match ban; Menez gets a one match ban; M’villa and Ben Arfa warned over their conduct.

Handbags, wrists slapped, on we go.

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:44 PM

How embarrassing all this must be for Hatem. His father has clearly made the situation worse and even added more bad publicity upon his shoulders.

I think due to all this Hatem will be more determined this year with us to help forget all this nonsense going on with the FFF.

Can’t wait to see him ripping defenses apart in a NUFC shirt again 🙂

HWTL

• hotdog

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Looking forward to the game tonight ill go for 3-1 to the toon, not going for goalscorers as we aint got a clue who is playing :-/

• Beattie25

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Where has the respect gone? A few weeks ago I was a feared blogger who always received acknowledgement no matter what I wrote.

Now my posts are met with silence, ignored by the new guys whom are trying to fill the massive void I left in my absence.

Well let me tell you new guys, once beattie25 has been there he leaves a gaping chasm that can not even be filled by 10 men such is his girth.

I have returned to restore order to the blog and ensure that this craziness stops and gives way to intellectual discussions and intelligent talk.

Ignore me at your peril.

So let’s return to the old order starting with this first question.

Who else is shocked that kristen Stewart cheated on Rob?

• toonLYF

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:09 PM

just get the feeling the bindippers are gonna come out swinging next season, they have good players (and terrible players) but i definitely think they’re strong enough for top 6, based on current squads

• toonLYF

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:14 PM

has for tonight 3-1 toon, Nicky Butt hattrick

• G

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Always sad when families are estranged, however, I really only care about his conduct in a toon top, as for his relationship with his father, then it is a family affair and as such, nothing to do with us.

• nufc786

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Beattie25
    actually beattie i was not in shock you could tell it was coming….

• Grafton83

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:16 PM

The article seems to suggest that hatem should make up with his Dad and that perhaps the club should help in that.

I have the opposite view on that, it’s a private matter that Hatem can sort out on his own if he wants to. I don’t think the club should have any involvment in that at all unless Hatem asks for support/advice.

Imagine if you went into work on Monday and your boss wanted to talk about your family relationships. No, I say stick to the football, leave family well alone it can cause more harm than good.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Batty25….You’re going to have to make an example of someone to regain the same respect / fear you held on here previously.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Sorry, bumchum25

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:20 PM

My bad, backdoor25

• mattnufc

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Hoillet signs for QPR

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:21 PM

See what I mean? No respect whatsoever. All of the service you have provided to this blog down the beattie

• nufc786

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:22 PM

bloomin beattie………

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I’m glad we didn’t get hoilett. Now, I’ve never met him, but I am led to believe his attitude wasn’t quite right and I am glad the days of player over club mentality are over.

• Gervinho

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I wish I’d signed for NUFC.

• geordielad95

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Anyone else seen that qpr have signed Junior “money grabbing” Hoilett. Hope he enjoys bottom
    Of the table obscurity and relegation (again).

• nufc786

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:22 PM

so we move from hoilett

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Gervinho…I bet you do. You must learn though that we take these things personally and as such, you shall have to rot at Arsenal. Good day to you.

• Gervinho

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Now Van Persie is leaving, I will score 30 odd next season and shall prove you wrong! As long as I dont slap Joey Barton again.
    QPR have now signed 7 players, they’re becoming the poor man’s Man City.

• hotdog

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Must be the pull of London , I mean come on all that hustle and bustle, traffic jams, stabbings and shootings!

• nufc786

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:28 PM

i’ve got a lovley bunch of coconuts didlee dee dee there they are standing in a row bom bom bom big ones small ones some as big as your head……

• Beattie25

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Ibiza and nufc78600016534

I need not ask for your respect as we have earned each others through the tears, blood and natural juices we have shared over the previous season.

However Ibiza you are right. To earn respect you have to make an example. In prison the big bad man always makes a new prisoner his bee-atch to send a warning. This is considered wrong, it’s just a mark of respect.

So who shall I choose? Toonlyf? Valci? G?

The next person to make what I consider to be an idiotic post will be mine.

Evil laugh time

Muhahahaha

• hotdog

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:30 PM

NURSE NURSE – Can you see to that lad nufc786 🙂

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Beattie this aint the WWE, no need to refer to yourself in the third person 🙂

• nufc786

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:32 PM

nobody knows the troubles i’ve seen nobody knows my sorrows………..

• ochytoon

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Beattie
    I was not shocked at all. It explains how she keeps getting work.

P.S. You’re a dick (come at me brah)

• toonLYF

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:33 PM

i got munny stax b.i.g.g.a than u beattie

• nufc786

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:34 PM

ochy has challenged beattie……..

• nufc786

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Big Pappa Cissé
    you watched the 1000th raw ???????

1 2 3 7