Demba Ba – I Love Being At Newcastle – I’m Staying

We are counting the days now to when Demba Ba’s release clause in his contract, said to be for £7M, is set to expire, which is at the end of this month, and that is midnight this coming Tuesday – which is 115 hours and 2 minutes away – approximately.

Demba Ba – great action shot of Newcastle striker

But Demba Ba has given Newcastle fans some good news today, from Newcastle’s Algarve training base in Portugal, and he has again rejected news that he is seeking to move away from Tyneside.

On Tuesday, there was news that Russian club Rubin Kazan were willing to offer him big bucks to move to Russia, but that turned out to be a made-up news in the press – that was a surprise because that usually doesn’t happen.  😀

Ba has looked in good form in the last two pre-season games for Newcastle, and he looks very fit and sharp, and he is expected to play tonight against Olympiacos, which has an 8:45 pm local KO time, and the Senegal striker had this to say yesterday, after a brief training spell in Portugal:

“I don’t care what is being said. I think  it is part of the game,” “However, I have never said anything other than I love being at Newcastle.”  “If they hear something from me about my future, that is the truth. Otherwise everything that is said is not true.”

“The newspapers and I are not very friendly at the moment. For months and months and months people have been talking about me but there is nothing happening.”  “Of course, I am looking forward to next season with Newcastle.”

“We just have to build on the progress we made last season. For me, I just can’t wait to start the first game.”  “We have to complete our preparation and we have two very important games where almost every player will get 90 minutes.

“It is intense over here, even in training.”  “However, we will enjoy it and of course it is always better to work when the weather is hot.”

Demba Ba has started  Ramadan, when he fasts during daylight hours,  so we’ll have to see if that has any effect on him, and on Papiss Cisse too, who is also a devout Muslim.

If we look back at what Demba Ba has said over the summer about that release clause in his contract, he has been consistent in saying he wants to stay on Tyneside.

So when will we finally believe him?

At midnight next Tuesday night of course.

But it will  be very good news that he’s still at Newcastle on Wednesday morning, and having Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse up front for Newcastle next season – should be awesome.

And Newcastle’s two top Senegal strikers are very popular on Tyneside too, with Papiss finding it difficult to even take a haircut, when he needs one.

What do you think?

Comments welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

=============================================

• Toonboy_84

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:03 AM

People still won’t believe him

• Grafton83

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I honestly thought he’d go for better money elsewhere, I ignored anyone who said his knee would prevent a deal being mad. I couldn’t be more pleased to be wrong so far. Can’t wait for that deadline to pass.

• toonarmydownsouth

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

This article seems appropriate for this repost!
    Beddersmag
    Ramadan started over a week ago and will be over before the season starts, he. Fired us in to europe has scored some cracking headed goals to disprove your opinion of him being weak in the air ba is far from lazy and NO one outside the club knows his contract details,
    Im not saying carroll is a bad player but to disregard everything ba done for us just because AC is a geordie is stupid, also talking of commitment andy committed to liverpool for 5 years and i dont think HE wants to go anywhere this season i think he wants to fight for his place

• NUFCWill1986

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Respect to those on ramadan, must be really harfd

• kt97toonarmy

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:08 AM

nufcwilll

lol

• keeping the faith

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Why are most people obsessed with having 4 target men? Surely if we are to get another forward it has to be more of a flair/fast winger-cum-striker. When you look at the teams bidding for AC we shud surely b looking for better.

• pbNcl

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Big up the Ramadan crew!! Nuff love

Ba and cisse over carroll any day

Hope he’s off to west ham

• kt97toonarmy

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:12 AM

keeping the faith that really what remy is.

• kt97toonarmy

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:12 AM

matches ur critiria

• rich_toonfan

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM

A lot of sportsman claim Ramadan has no effect on their performance and it inspires then to achieve more.

Think last season was just a cover by pardew to give Ba a chance to settle

• keeping the faith

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I would have remy over Carroll any day. Just find it hard to believe who we’re after during silly season but just don’t know what the obsession is. Ok he’s a Geordie but his record is hardly inspiring and he just isn’t good enough to push us on hence the reason why Liverpool want rid!!

• Valci

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:17 AM

kt97toonarmy – i’ll bet you a six-pack or beer we ain’t signing Remy this summer hehe. In fact i think we will be surprised with who we actually do sign.

• jesperfuglsang

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Sure we should be looking at a fast, tricky forward that can play wide, but surely you are not calling either Ba or Papisto targetmen?

The only targetman we have is Ameobi.

• ToonDownSouth

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Magpie from Lithuania // Jul 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Taylor played as good as he could at the back, and there were a few games he played very well defensively. We had conceded only one goal in the first 10 games.

Well that’s just not true haha. We conceded 2 against Spurs alone!

• Valci

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:19 AM

jesper – i agree. Thats not to say Remy would not be a good signing…i just dont think well get him. Personally i think its far more likely we sign Carroll although i doubt we will sign either to be honest.

• nimo

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Remy looks a real prospect but so have many that have flopped in the prem .. The thing Carroll has on his side is he is proven in the prem fair enough Liverpool hasn’t worked out but they hardly play to his strengths.. It gives us a plan b if our passing game isn’t working

• deeeeeeano

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Ramadan should change to winter when the suns up for only a few hours, think I’ll get in touch with Mecca with my idea

• jesperfuglsang

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I have to say I agree once again Valci 😉

• Magpie from Lithuania

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:25 AM

theystillletmevote,

i wasn’t a very big fan of football (i just loved playing it with the firends in the street ), but i watched the WC and Euros and i liked the player called M.Owen.. 😀

and he came to newcastle.. and i have seen some Newcastle games by chance on tv (it was agaisnt west ham i think, good game) and then i saw shearer (i heard of him, but never saw him play before). I’ve red the history of the NU, ‘the best fans in England’ and i liked the Black and White stripes.. And i started to check the league and Newcastle game results.. I started to watch the games online if plausible And i fel in love with newcastle.. Unfortunalety that it was a decline of the results and soon the toon were relegated, but i am not a glory supporter. That’s a pitty what i haven’t seen Newcastle in CL, but i know i will and soon. 🙂 sorry for grammar…i’m in hurry so haven’t checked it..

• keeping the faith

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Well target men maybes is the wrong description for the 2 dembas but they are suited to central play through the middle. As is Carroll. The only benefit in having Carroll would be if either Senegal qualify for ACON or if both are injured. Personally I think we will play a lot of 433 this season in league and cup. Would rather a remy type player over Carroll imo

• jesperfuglsang

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Welcome in the fold Magpie from… 😉

• Magpie from Lithuania

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM

p.s those new kits, have grown on me already 🙂 i like it, but it could have been better with more black on the shoulders..and the back of the shirts is almost white..

• kt97toonarmy

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM

deeeeno they wud probly slit ur throat

• JDdubai

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Funny how at the beginning of the summer demba didn’t come out and say this or got the clause removed if he was happy here, he SO wanted a big club to come in but now as he has realised no-one will he makes this statement. By keeping quiet earlier it just means he can say ” I never said I wanted to leave” .

He should be backup to cisse and no more this season, and pardew shouldn’t change the system just to keep him happy either, what’s bet for the team is 4-2-3-1 IMO and to change to 4-4-2 to keep demba happy would be wrong. He should just be happy to play for us, doesn’t matter if it’s slightly wider on the left.

• Rozzy

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Good news even though its not really news. Lets keep Ba and bring in Remy and keep well away from Carroll.

• Rozzy

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:40 AM

@JDdubai
    Ba did come out and say this earlier infact this is about the 5th or 6th time he has done.

• jesperfuglsang

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Demba does not owe us anything; the three stooges put that clause in his contract.

Demba has not talked to any clubs and he has not said at any point that he was unhappy.

What you are doing is just speculating and what use it that?

• Magpie from Lithuania

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:40 AM

yeah, i like the 4-2-3-1 formation. It suits, demba and cisse and carroll as ST and Benny, Marv, Obertan, Fergie and Vukcic on the wings?

• beddersmag

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Toonarmydownsouth

I replied to you ramadan post but on last thread and dont no how to copy and paste. Takes too long to write it all again on my phone but take a look if you get a min and you might see what i meant

• Magpie from Lithuania

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:45 AM

ToonDownSouth,

yeah, sorry for misinformation, my mistake.

• Valci

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:45 AM

keeping the faith – imho youre in for a nasty surprise if you think we will play 4-3-3 a lot. I can see us playing that against the weaker teams in the division but not the likes of ManU, Citeh, Chelski, Spuds, Arsenal or even the Fools. In fact i dont think Pardew is really a devout follower of the possession/passing game. From what i’ve seen last year at least he prefers to mix and match depending on opponent and such.
    I’m with JD on this one. I would very much like to see a 4-2-3-1 system with our current crop of players but i expect we will also play a lot of 4-4-2 from what i’ve seen with Pardew so far…and also maybe because of Ba if he does indeed stay.

• SupaToonKid

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:46 AM

We will need a player like Remy for the opening game of the season to play as the lone striker as Demba & Papiss will not be fit enough due to Ramadan. Remember Ba was very sluggish in the opening 2-3 games and Cisse isn’t as strongly built so he will be more so. Remy would be ideal to get us that 3-0 victory vs Spurs on the opening day. 🙂

• Valci

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Last month it was de Jong that would have been ideal lol. Why does this happen with any half-decent striker we are linked to? … I’d rather wait for them to prove their worth in the EPL before giving them praise.

• jesperfuglsang

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:55 AM

There is a difference between what I thing Pardew will do and what I would like for him to do 😉

But I do know that when we bought Papisto we change over more to 4-3-3 from 4-4-2.

But as Valci says, Pardew will change between system depending on the game.

• keeping the faith

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:59 AM

That’s why I said I think we will play it a lot. But even if we do switch tactics against the big teams it does not justify the signing of Carroll. And to be honest I see no reason why we cannot attack most teams in the prem when fully fit.

• jesperfuglsang

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:00 AM

4-4-2 has always been a problem for me; just. not a big fan of it, at least not the conventionnal one 🙂

It has a lot of defaults in todays modern football and you need at really balanced team to pull it off.

To be honest I don’t think we will it that much this season. We might change to a 4-4-2 during a game more often 🙂

• sa80teur

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:06 AM

It always seems to me that Demba Ba always stops one step short of directly saying ‘I am not going anywhere. I am not interested in moving. I will be playing for Newcastle this season’ you know?

It could be because he is speaking in his 2nd/3rd language. Either that or i’m too much of a cynical pessimist! I just wouldnt be shocked if he was sold this weekend 🙁

• Valci

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Jesper – im also not a fan of 4-4-2 either but i expect Pardew to use it. Like i said…id like a 4-2-3-1 personally.

keeping the faith – i can appreciate your optimism but i doubt we can…at least not yet. Also…my comment had nothing to do Carroll…at this point the truth is that its up to the board if we get him or not so we’ll see.

• Valci

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:09 AM

saboteur – i wouldnt be surprised myself.