Watch Out For Newcastle’s Fantastic Young Striker

Newcastle have a rough diamond in former Wallsend Boys Club striker 17 year-old Adam Campbell, and last night, although Newcastle were beaten 3-0 in the final of the Youth Cup against Desportivo Brazil at the Ballymena Showgrounds in Northern Ireland, Adam was named the Player of the Tournament, after he notched six goals this week.

Adam Campbell – watch out for this top youngster
He looks like Paul Scholes just a little bit

The news today is that scouts from Manchester United are watching the youngster, who is a prolific goalscorer, and we did a piece on him when he was just 16 years old,  about eighteen months ago.

Adam was born in North Shields and joined Newcastle United back in 2002 when he was a 7 year old – they scout them very young these days – that’s for sure.

And moneybags Manchester City are also said to be watching the youngster, who is already an England U17 International, and this lad is very good, make no mistake about that, and Alan Pardew may well decide to fast-track this lad through the Development squad,  in the next season or two.

Two years ago in the Manchester United Premier Cup,  Adam was voted the tournament’s Most Valuable Player (MVP) by coaches of  other clubs, and that award was previously won by the likes of Carlos Tévez, Andreas Iniesta and Fernando Torres – all turned out to be world class players.

Adam also ended up as the joint top goalscorer in that tournament two years ago, with 6 goals, and of course he has just been voted the Player of the Milk Cup (Premier section), which was held in Northern Ireland.

Adam was watched last night by Alan Pardew and Peter Beardsley, and it’s an open question as to how Alan will handle this lad, who turns 18 next January – but Alan has shown he is just great with the youngsters,. amnd seems to know exactly what thue need at different stages in their development.

It was also an excellent sign by Alan and Peter to be at the game last night, because it lets the youngsters know they are very important to the future of Newcastle United.

But this lad seems a top top talent at Newcastle, and could become a top player – and for Newcastle by the way – in the next few years, because he’s going nowhere.

Alan Pardew even has the option of sending him out on loan in the upcoming season too.

And with it being so difficult for Newcastle to get their top targets in this summer, a good way to build up the squad is to bring the locals lads through, like Adam and Remie Streete, who is another top class 17 year-old center-back, born in South Shields.

And the other way is bring in other top players like Gael Bigirimana and Mehdi Abeid, when they are still young and then develop them on Tyneside – and both these lads have been impressive in pre-season.

What do you think?

• NUFCWill1986

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Hpe he does well

• Magpie from Lithuania

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Will he make a first start for the first team this year?

• TorqToon

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Said it before…the future is very bright at the toon!

Off topic, anybody know the uk kick off time for the game tonight? I know ESPN are showing it.

• C

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I read an interview, with one of the trainers of Wallsend boys club. Who said that Newcastle never have given any finacial support to the club. I hope that will change so that the club can survive. God knows they have produced some quality players through the years and many whom have ended up in Newcastle.

• Les Grossman

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:55 AM

C
    Yup, surely they can support what is tbh a bit of a footballing institution.
    But also, you would like to think the players who played there and effectively were turned into multi millionaires by recieving good coaching and scouting whilst there would also dig deep to support it!!

• Sheikh MagToon

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:56 AM

TT, it’s an 8.45pm kick off. Should be better than the Olympic opening ceremony for 3+ hours.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM

This is not the only player who started off at Walsend and will end up playing for Manure or Liverpool!

• sirtoongospel

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:02 AM

He is a brilliant finisher. Movement is superb, and although not the tallest, he is plenty powerful enough. By the time he is 19 we will have a top top player.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:05 AM

He is our little ginger ninja 🙂 . His movement is superb and finishing is top notch for a 17 year old

• sirtoongospel

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:08 AM

C,

i fail to see why NUFC should support 1 particular club, when there are loads who have provided good players for them. Walker Central, Cram Juniors and many others. To complain that they haven’t had financial help, when they have a purpose built facility for their club is ridiculous, and beyond arrogant.

There are clubs who have to fight tooth and nail to secure pitches for their young players, and who haemorrhorage money on winter training facilities. The NUFC foundation have realised that by broadening their activities with more clubs, they are finding top players at “smaller” clubs. Long may it continue.

• Andrew M

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Guys, I don’t want to hijack this thread, but I’ve heard a very disturbing rumour, and I don’t know where else to ask.

Has anyone been following the Rangers tax case? The more one reads about that, the more disturbing it becomes. The scale of the malfeasance and illegality is incredible, and it seems there has been a massive cover up, within the club, within the SFL, SPL and SFA, and within the Scottish press.

Anyway, one of the things that’s amazing is how far it spreads. One of the things I’ve read recently is that there are rumours that former managers of Rangers were kept on the books, and paid “consultancy fees” through third party companies (it was the payment of players through these special company vehicles that originally got The Revenue involved, and blew the lid on the case).

One of the managers that was apparently paid by Rangers after he left was Graeme Souness. If that is true, he might have been receiving payments from Rangers while manager of Newcastle — a clear, and criminal, conflict of interest. Remember Boumsong? Who’s interest was that massive transfer deal completed in?

Has anyone else heard anything about this? If it’s true, or there’s even a suspicion that it is, Newcastle should be seeking an investigation in my view.

Sorry again for hijacking. If anyone wants to get in touch, maybe the administrators could pass on my email, or something?

• dave 1961

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:11 AM

our future looks bright we only need 2-3 players for the “now”to take us to the next level, once we reach that stage then Ashly can start to sell the older players at about 29-30 then other clubs will start to fiance Ashly’s big plan. but we have to get their yet, this transfer window could be the stepping stone or it will be a missed opportunity.

• lesh

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:12 AM

If others are scouting this lad already, then it’s time to get him signed up on a nice, long contract!

• Wandering Geordie

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Ben Arfa was due in front of the French FA this morning at 11 am.Wonder what his punishment will be?

• Rowan Milsted

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:12 AM

This lad sounds so promising. Obviously there’s a lot of factors and obstacles to overcome but hopefully he’ll be leading the line for Newcastle Utd in the not-too-distant-future. The ginger Shearer!

Very promising news on Debuchy today but I’m pretty sure I’ve heard it before… Still, that sounds like it could be in the bag within a week. The idea of Debuchy bombing up the right and Santon bombing up the left, with Marveaux and Guti ahead of them, is enough to strike fear into the hearts of even our toughest opponents!

I’m not too disappointed with the West Ham story as I still feel it’s all a bit hard to swallow. I’d take Carroll back under the right circumstances but I just don’t see it happening, so if it doesn’t, that’s fine… so long as we do sign a good striker this window. Something may yet materialise with Remy; £10M or less will be a good deal methinks.

I’d love to see us get Anita and that Barrada looked promising yesterday, though I have only seen him play the one game. My top priority is still an experiences CB – Martin Olsson wouldn’t be a terrible shout as, let’s be honest, we’re not looking to replace Taylor or Colo, just back them up.

I’m feeling reasonably confident today that good things are just around the corner. Talking of good things, hopefully Curtis will be ready to challenge for first team football within a year or so. On the flip side, that may also give MA and co an excuse not to sign a CB this window… I really hope we learn from last season’s mistake of not having better cover there. It doesn’t have to be a stellar signing, just an experienced one.

• jamesnufc86

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I watched the game last night and the lad was head and shoulders above the rest , although we got thumped Campbell showed a great touch , held the ball up really well even for a wee man and looked quick , lads got it all

• Rowan Milsted

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Andrew M

I do indeed remember Boumsong. With a shudder. It was quite possibly the worst bit of business we’ve ever done – and the best for Rangers. So the whole thing was very odd, and stands out in my memory. But can I ask – where are you getting these facts/rumours from? If what you’re saying turns out to be true and there’s a full investigation, I’ll bet it won’t end with just Rangers…

• jesperfuglsang

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:18 AM

A very rough diamond non the less.

If he is that big a talent then he needs to go out on loan to a championship club sooner rather then later.

Remember most talent never make it from promising talent to the big league. This is not an opinion but more or less the reality I am affraid 🙁

• C

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:22 AM

sirtoongospel

I am not saying only to support Wallsend and the work of nufc foundation is admirable. With my quote I only mean that as you say it is important that the “smaller” clubs around Newcastle have the money and knowledge to keep up with their great work. Newcaslte as a football club can only benefit from that so I hope they will broadend their support and as I said not only with money but with knowledge aswell.

• Andrew M

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:28 AM

@Rowan Milsted

I’ve been reading pretty much the only source of reliable information on the Rangers Tax Case, Rangerstaxcase.com

The more one reads it, the more one is shocked, and the more complex, murky and incomprehensible it all becomes.

If you give me a short while, I’ll find some links for you.

The point is that Walter Smith was also cited. It’s not just us. What about Liverpool and Mark Walters??

But, anyway, if it turns out that Souness was indeed taking money from Rangers — for whatever — it’s a direct conflict of interest, especially when he’s signing Rangers players for another club. I don’t know if anyone else has been reading this.

It strikes true about Souness. His signings at every club have been appalling. Remember Brian Deane, Dean Saunders and Steve Harkness to Benfica?

• Rowan Milsted

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Andrew

Yeah a link would be good mate, cheers. Or I could just google Rangerstaxcase.com. Sounds like an interesting (if horrifying) read.

For a club to go belly-up in such a way I feel there has to be some dark and dodgy dealings afoot. And a lot of stupidity. I grew up in Scotland and one of my brother’s is a Celtic fan, so Rangers have never had a place in my heart, but I truly feel for their fans. If there needs to be a full investigation then I hope they get to the bottom of it.

Oh, and fair play to Robbie Savage (of all people) who has offered to play for them for free.

And I know what you mean about Souness. I’m not saying ‘where’s there’s smoke there’s fire’ or ‘if the glove fits’ but the man reeks of dodgyness and I wouldn’t be altogether surprised. He’s either a crap manager or a crook. Or both.

• wynsleap

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Watched the whole game last night and have to say I wasn’t very impressed at all by our strike force, Campbell included.
    The only player who really impressed me was Satko.
    Think this confident, classy lad is going to be a good ‘un.
    Aarons showed some good touches and a bit of flair but looks like he’s going to need some toughening up.

• veto

Jul 27, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Former wallsend boysclub is the right term aswell . cos the facility and structure that produced so many stars for us over the years was allowed tobe torn down due to lack of funding .
    all the players to come out of their over the years and hardly any of them reached into their overinflated bank accounts to help the place , yeah its in a different location , but all that history, open enviroment and structure has gone . shame on you shearer and co , and mike ashley too for letting it be pulled down