Debuchy Wants To Join Newcastle, I Want Him Here – Cabaye

Yohan Cabaye has said once again that his big friend at Lille – Mathieu Debuchy – wants to join Newcastle United, and it’s not the first time he’s said that this summer.

Cabaye and Debuchy together during training at Euro 2012

It’s thought that Yohan’s close friendship with Mathieu, they played together at Lille for seven seasons before Yohan arrived on Tyneside  last summer for a bargain €5M, has been a key factor in Newcastle’s pursuit of the French International right back this year.

And Alan Pardew said yesterday that he expected at least one new face through the door before next Sunday, and maybe even two, and Mathieu is expected to be one of those players coming in – we hope he’s one of those players coming in.

Newcastle may still get a good deal on Debuchy, but maybe  need to go higher than what they signed Yohan for, but the effort to get this lad to Tyneside this summer has proved very difficult, very difficult indeed,  for the Tyneside club.

Yohan has spoken to his pal a couple of days ago, and this is what he had to say to the Newcastle Journal this morning:

“Mathieu has made a very difficult decision to leave Lille but he has made the decision,” Now I hope Newcastle push for Mathieu and I want them to do the deal.”

“I spoke with him two days ago and he told me he wants to come. I hope Derek and Mike Ashley will do the business.”

“He wants to play for Newcastle and I hope that he comes to Newcastle because, of course, he is my friend but also a very good player for Newcastle.”

Everything seems set up for Newcastle to get Debuchy now, after Lille signed right-back Djibril Sidibe last week from newly-promoted Ligue 1 club, Troyes, but these things seem to have a way of becoming very complex – especially when Newcastle are involved.

At some point we’d love to know what the truth is on why Newcastle have found it so difficult to get this lad to Newcastle, and then exactly how much we had to pay for him. All we really have over the summer of course are glorified guesses at what’s going on – that’s a fact.

But getting Debuchy to Newcastle could break the log-jam for Newcastle,  and Vurnon Anita of Ajax is another player thought to be close to joining Newcastle.

And 19 year-old Melbourne Heart center-back Curtis Good is expected to sign along the dotted line for around £400K this week.

We hope the signing of Curtis is one of a number of signings Newcastle can make over the next couple of weeks, as we’re into August on Wednesday, and our first game against Tottenahm is a short two weeks come Saturday.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

• redondo77

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Pieters is mainly for CB or replacing Debuchy?

Sounds like we are nolonger going for Debuchy.

• Cool Hand Luke

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM

This is frustrating, especially for Matthieu and Yohan. Hopefully he will be over the line this week.. then onto Anita.

• Dannyo

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:15 AM

@redondo
    Lol, sorry mate, but that made me chuckle. Debuchy is the one we’re closest to signing. Did read between the lines again?

I was gonna say, before i read your post, that i hope we can reel Debuchy in this week. He’ll have a taste against Cardiff, maybe Den Haag if we’re lucky.
    The sooner we reunite Frances two best players in the Euros, the better.

• Beattie25

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I think Peiters would he an addition alongside Debuchy.

Pieters is a LB/CB so would IMO be a replacement for Douglas.

• Graeme

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:19 AM

There is little doubt Debuchy would like to be at NUFC, the problem seems to be that the club he is contracted too don’t really want to sell him at the price we have offered.

It seems likely that more work is going on behind the scenes, but unless a compromise is reached fairly soon I think NUFC will go to other options.

• davybtoon

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Once debuchy is done this week I think we will then get Anita

• magicbus

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:29 AM

So the 1 new face by Sunday will be Goode and maybe a second Debuchy fairly obvious.

• southafricantoon

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Off the topic…. When carrol left we called him JUDAS…. If he comes back will we call him THE PRODICAL SON?? Lol I would prefer Remy…. I watched play a couple of times and his good …. Just what we looking for

• Londtoon

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I agree with magicbus. Think it will be Curtis who we get over the line and then possibly another. And hopefully the other is an immediate 1st team player/challenger

• Rotonda heights

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:43 AM

We had a great joke at Liverpool’s expense, ie taking 36M with a 25% sell on clause for carroll.

I just pray we don’t let Liverpool have the last laugh on us by giving them back 18M. That way lies madness. Just think of the quality we could get for 18M especially with Carr, almost 3 Guidetti’s for that price.

Even if we don’t get anyone else, which I am ssure we will, we have Abeid and Tavernier and even Campbell.

We can rotate Ba and Cisse and keep that successful 433 going.

Krul (Harper)

Debuchy (Tav) Colo (Streete) Saylor (Good) Santon (Fergy)

Abeid(Bigi) Tiote Cabaye

Benny (Obi) Cisse (Ba) Marveux (Amaltifano)

* Campbell
    * Sameobi
    * Gosling
    * Raylor

• ashwin say's

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:45 AM

mid term christmas Ashley Clause!!!!!
    now i wished you ,where is my gift?
    i want a french gift, a dutch gift and one surprise gift along with australian gift
    I am not demanding too much,am I!!