The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Which Striker Would Be The Best Buy For Newcastle?

3:28 pm, Monday, July 30th, 2012 by Ed Harrison · 306 Comments

It seems that not everybody agreed with my premise that John Guidetti would be a better buy at £7M than Andy Carroll would be for over twice that amount – and yes – it was certainly a severe shock to my system. :D

Andy Carroll – Loic Remy – John Guidetti – Luc Castaignos

But of course, as well as those two, as readers pointed out,  we also have Loic Remy of Lyon, who we may be able to get for even under £10M, since he’s in the last year of his contract at the French club, and he would also be a great acquisition for Newcastle.

And 19 year-old Luc Castaignos  is a Dutch youngster, who joined Inter-Milan from Feyenoord last summer, but didn’t get much playing time at the Milan giants, and he’s now looking for first team football next season, and he could be another option.

How good a buy they will be, will depend on how much we have to pay for them – but let’s say Andy would cost £15M, Loic Remy around £9M, John Guidetti £7M and Luc Castaignos £6M.

Given those prices as an assumption – who do you think would be the best buy for Newcastle?

Which Striker Would Be The Best Buy For Newcastle?

• Loic Remy for £9M (60%, 3,676 Votes)
  • John Guidetti for £7M (23%, 1,426 Votes)
  • Andy Carroll for £15M (14%, 842 Votes)
  • Luc Castaignos for £6M (3%, 196 Votes)

Total Voters: 6,140

Loading ... Loading ...

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

306 responses so far ↓

• 1 nufc786 // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:31 PM

remy and castaginos offer pace something we dont have at newcastle
    carroll is a geordie born and bred and john guidetti is a hot talent for someone so young….
    im miffed…..

• 2 Geordie-Jake // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:32 PM

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11906/7945949/Twente-capture-Castaignos We cant get Castaignos

• 3 nufc786 // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:33 PM

• 4 nufc786 // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:38 PM

highly rated at bolton……

• 5 ToonMauritius // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Ricky van Wolfswinkel
    is better

• 6 WWYCD // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Ed thats some guess work on valuations of those deals

• 7 gazza85 // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Personally voted for Remy (if we could get him at that price). As others have stated he’s something a bit different to what we already have and would compliment them well.

• 8 Rozzy // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Remy has pace unlike Carroll and i dont know who the other two are. We have two target men in Ba and Cisse but we need someone who can run a defenders like Ben Arfa can and Remy

• 9 Dannyo // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Ugh, i never liked these “who would u like to get” things. And i never put up wishlists myself either.
    It’s never a reality anyway, however realistic u are.

I do wonder how that french lad is coming along tho. Hope he’s good enough to get and that we get him. We need a proper striker prospect.

• 10 MacToon // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I agree WW, we all playing FM now (or whatever it’s called)!
    I’d like to see some strengthening of the first team, especially in defence……..should I hold my breath?

• 11 WWYCD // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Rozzy
    Cisse is a target man? U could argue Ba is (though I again disagree) but Cisse?

• 12 MacToon // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I though Spurs had already bid £13 mil (maybe Euros) for remy and it was knocked back?

• 13 No Plain Saylor // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:49 PM

In terms of immediate success its;
    1 – remy
    2 – guidetti
    3 – carroll

In terms of for the future;
    Guidetti is top, then remy, then ac.
    Castaignos is gone to fc twente, shame

• 14 Dannyo // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:51 PM

@MacToon
    I was under the impression they were close to him in January too, but for some reason took Saha instead.
    So i think u may be right there.
    In any case, i think we should forget about Remy.
    A good prospect is what we need imo.

• 15 lukes26 // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:51 PM

John Guidetti? Really? He’s might be slightly better than Vuckic…but he’s just as slow. Also has the cringing ego of bendtner too.

If he was any good, Man City would find a way to keep him. he’s only 20 and theyre letting him go.

• 16 Rozzy // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:52 PM

@WWYCD
    ok goal poachers then, cisse is deadly in the box but hardly runs at teams, only ben arfa really did last season and the odd run by jones

• 17 blew // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Remy is excellent playing on deck, very clever and quick. Ready made for an immediate impact

• 18 WWYCD // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:55 PM

MacToon
    I dont know whether Spurs actually bid for Remy plenty of papers made links to it but it all came from ‘arry publically chatting him up so who knows if/what Spurs bid for him

Its all guess work at the end of the day haha

Personally I would go for Leandro Damiao he is class on FM ;)

• 19 keeping the faith // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:55 PM

If the prices are correct then Carroll wouldn’t even be considered. Why pay £15 mill for striker that is proven to be average in the premier league when you could spend that on another(better) forward and have plenty of change for another player. God sake we don’t need Carroll back for that kind of money.

• 20 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Remy all the way, better technical skills than Carroll will ever have

• 21 WWYCD // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Rozzy
    Ah right I see what ur getting at now mate and its probably a fair point though Obertan runs at players and we have Marv coming back into the team who I believe will do as well plus theres Sammy who has looked good running at defenders so far along with Fergy who still hasent gotten his full go yet

• 22 AsprillaCartWheels // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM

We are not getting any. Which would you prefer? Plonking millions of £ on a striker that wouldn’t score or Adam Campbell/JJ Hooper? give them kids a try!

• 23 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I’ll be the new striker. Throw me £1m and I’ll happily sign. I fit in to the policy of 25 and under….although not sure I’d bring much to the table as far as re-sale value goes….or scoring goals come to think of it.

But either way, I’m happy to put my name forward.

• 24 No Plain Saylor // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:00 PM

wwycd.. I actually had that thought last week, leandro damiao is top notch, we’d hardly be able to pull it off doe. You know he.l was an amatuer getting $30 a game at 18. He almost packed it in. And in the next year or two we all know he’ll move to europe for about €40m. Rags to riches.. love it

• 25 Magpies-till-d3ath // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Definately Remy! As for a CB…Carroll would be our best bet, he’d keep the goals OUT!!!!!

• 26 hotdog // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Its a centre back we need ED, do a poll on that!!!!

• 27 AsprillaCartWheels // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Hmmm Xisco is still on the team’s payroll right? Let him play the leon best/lovenkrands role, we’re still paying so might as well…

• 28 WWYCD // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM

No Plain Saylor
    Aye the bloke has some talent hes over here with the Olympics as well isnt he? Might see if I can float over a love note signed from “Yo” ;) might sway him into joining us

Didnt know he nearly packed it in though? Same situation as Colo was in when he nearly did couldnt afford to keep plugging away?

• 29 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I’d also run at defenders. No problem. I’ll even drop my rate to £500k. That’s a quarter of a peanut!

• 30 hotdog // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:07 PM

AsprillaCartWheels – On that assumption Alan Smith should have played the last couple of years, dont think so or was it a flippant comment ;-)

• 31 hotdog // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Ibiza, You would have the defenders shitting themselves haha

• 32 Beardo Ameobi // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Remy is simply a better player than Carroll in every aspect aside from aerially (although he scored the most headers in Ligue 1 last season and is no dwarf at just over 6ft), in my view. So even at Remy 15m or Carroll 15m, I’d plump for Remy.

Despite all the speculation, I doubt a ST is a priority, in any case.

• 33 RedMissionBells // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:12 PM

To all Newcastle fans who want Carroll back on Tyneside. Do you honestly feel that Andy Carroll was worth 35 million when he moved to Liverpool ? Very frankly, the answer is No. When we compare to fellow English players such as Ashley Young, Stuart Downing, Darren Bent and Glen Johnson, their transfer fee range from 15 – 25 mil. As such, I would like to think for a Englishman (we all know that English players carry inflated fees) such as Carroll, he would be worth 15 – 18 million (include inflation rate) while he was in Newcastle. One season has passed and Carroll’s form has been very poor for Liverpool. As such, it would be right to say Carroll’s value must definitely have dropped. If so, why are we even willing to shelve out “15 million pounds” for this lad ? Given his form last season, he should be worth nothing more than 10 million. Lastly, with Ba and Cisse, he is never going to be in our first team. Especially since we are now playing more effective short passing football. If we are indeed willing to pay 15 million for a striker, we should be investing in a young striker who is cheaper and more skillful than Carroll (Not hard to find). AND, if we are INDEED willing to pay 15 million for Carroll, why are we having difficulty signing Debuchy, when Midfield and Defence should be our main priority. FYI, in Ba and Cisse, we have one of the best strike partnership in the league. Case close.

• 34 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Hotdog….Probably about all I could manage tbh :)

Beardo…What about when it comes to growing out a pony tail? AC hands down!

• 35 lukes26 // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:15 PM

If memory serves me, Carroll was an unstoppable force of nature on a very average Newcastle squad (11 goals in 19 league games). Everyone was saying that he was the next Shearer. 16 months later he’s shit? Doubtful. Carroll didnt fit into Liverpools scheme. End of story.

Just because he played for Liverpool does not make him Judas. Newcastle wanted the money, Carroll wanted the money.

I’d probably want Remy primarily tbh

• 36 RedMissionBells // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:16 PM

To add on, I rather sign a striker from Sunderland who is able to score goals for us and get us into the champions league than to sign a Geordie who force us to play 1 dimensional football (long and high ball). When your team is losing by a goal, long ball tactics can be a real pain to watch, especially when the goalkeeper is very good at plucking the ball and ariel coverage.

• 37 toonrobbybobson // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I can understand if people gave the reason for Carroll not to be signed because of what happened with him leaving there will be bad blood. But to have Guidetti by many for him in 2nd? I question if any have seen this lad. Most his goals were penalties last season and he has an ego like Bendtner. Signing him would stunt chances for someone like Adam Campbell or even Sammy or Vuckic. We were rubbish last season at corners and set pieces absolutely awful to be frank so its been earmarked by Pardew which proves that Ba and Cisse ARE NOT targetmen. Thats what we need in the squad and quite frankly I dont actually think there are many better than Andy Carroll and hes still very young. He will know now the grass aint greener and have a point to prove so will give us at least 6 years service at about 2.5 million a season and we know he can do it at this level something non of the others listed have. If not Carroll them Remy would be a good buy but again unproven in the EPL and would he clash with Ben Arfas position and option in the squad not to mention we now have Marveaux back and looking good. AC offers us way more options than any of the other strikers in my opinion.

• 38 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:16 PM

RedMission….Generally strikers cost more than other positions. Wouldn’t be as simple as saying “ok, forget £15m on Carroll, use it on Debuchy instead”.

Was AC worth £35m? Not for me, but obviously at the time, he was to Liverpool. We could obviously bring in at least equal talent for less money than AC and I would imagine that’s what the board will do.

I would be happy with Andy back at the toon though and don’t subscribe to the whole “he’s big and can only play well with hoofball tactics” argument.

The fact he’s a local boy shouldn’t have any impact on whether we want him or not, but at the end of the day, it does…for me anyway.

• 39 No Plain Saylor // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Haha send that note! Yeah he’s at the olympics, lookin sharp too. If we could get him for 16m maybe id probably jizz.. :L signin him could be a possibility now, he playedd at sjp the other night, I’m aure he was impressed, let’s make a snealy bid, and you send the sneaky love note ha

• 40 croftus5678 // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:20 PM

i think not any of them we need an unknown young striker with potential happy to play 3rd fiddle some one like sammy but scores and comes cheap.
    after those friendly’s i get the feeling guti should play in cover of lb/rb/dm/mf/lw/rw as the lad never stops >.< and is a great tackler aswell could be our solution to tiote's cards aswell.

• 41 hotdog // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:21 PM

RedMissionBells – Alot of fans are saying get this striker and he’s great, skillfull. The truth is we dont know if they would hack it in this league but ill tell you what, i seen AC with my own eyes and he was unplayable in many games for us. I’ll say it again just because you have a big striker does not mean you play the long ball game, its an option. Players that hit a long ball to a big man are not good players and do it because it is the easy option. I dont think we have players like that and if we have Pards would get them told. Ohh Aye and he would the best defender we have from set pieces and corners or have all the fans on here forgot what this kid can do.

• 42 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Hotdog….Well said. People forget to quickly how good Andy was for us and why we were all so gutted to see him go.

In fact, I can’t remember anyone saying when we sold him “good, £35m for that waste of space”.

Since then, we have replaced a lot of the squad and now have technically better players who wont just smash it up the field to Andy…although from time to time, the odd long ball can be a useful option.

Not saying he must come back, but he’s certainly a decent option.

• 43 RobertNufc25 // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Im not keen on that kid Guddeti or whatever he’s called.

That dutch league is pretty poor standard.

Samaras,Alfonso Alves & the likes were goal machines in that league.lol

• 44 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Anyone else think Carroll has lost a yard of pace ?. I mean he was never lightning quick or anything but I dont know if its because of the injury he had or lack of fitness maybe

• 45 archaeomag // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:29 PM

@toonrobbybobson – have to agree
    AP uses Shola late in games as a target man, it is an option he likes – someone you can target with long diagonal balls etc..
    AC offers us something different, the only issues as far as I can see is the cost, and his position in the pecking order.
    But it is not my money.

• 46 hotdog // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Ibiza – Id take him back if the price is right “Come on down! lol” but not fussed if it dont work out. One thing is certain in all the shite in the media, we are in for him as Pards said so!

• 47 Toon1978 // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Numpty scousers wanting cash plus Ba for Carroll. What bloody planet are these idiots living on? They forget Ba’s 16 goals to Carrolls few so why would we give them cash and Ba ffs?????

• 48 hotdog // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Big Pappa – A little but i put that down to lack of games and a bit confidence.

• 49 Cool Hand Luke // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Hmm, can’t seem to see Paul Scharner on that list…. not to worry, ill just go for the next best thing and vote Remy

• 50 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Big Pappa….Quite possibly. To be honest, he’s never looked the same player since he moved. Obviously he was injured when he went, he had to re-build his fitness, settle in to a new place with new team-mates, had the pressure of his price tag, the hatred from his own boyhood club, and on and on. I think it’s quite understandable that his form wasn’t completely up to standards.

Do I think this means he can’t reach where he was before or beyond, not at all. I think AC back in the black and white and we would start to see the same Andy Carroll that was touted as the next Shearer and a future England star. Just my feeling, obviously nothing is ever certain.

Long winded answer for “anyone think Carroll has lost a yard of pace”. :)

• 51 Dannyo // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Still expecting to see Good been made official today.
    Could be having his medical now.

• 52 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Cool Hand…No poll needed for that one mate :)

• 53 WWYCD // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Haha right am gonna get on this note writing ;)

Tbh though Id rather we sorted out our defence before we brought in a striker. Did I read somewhere that we were linked with Van Der Viel and Pieters?

• 54 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Hotdog…And Pardew would never mislead the media :)

But yes, at the right price, welcome back Andy.

• 55 Conaldo // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I voted for remy at 9m, however, I don’t think we could get him for anywhere near that price, so in terms of what they would actually cost ie. remy and carroll both about £15mil, I Wud have Carroll as he is proven and offers change of play

• 56 MagpiesFlyHigh // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM

It’s the wrong question.
    I want to see a team that builds from the back.

I’d like 3 CBs who are good EPL standard (we’ve got two)
    I’d like two CBs who are very good aerially, at both defensive and attacking set pieces.
    I’d like all my CBs to be able to play the all out of defence.
    I’d like 4FBs with at least one who can double as CB and one who is a left sided player.
    I’d like 2FBs who are attack minded.

No names no pack drill…

In front of these guys I’d like 2 rock solid EPL quality DMs in the Tiote mould, ball winners (sweepers in antique footy speak), who can distribute the ball well. to AM etc.,

We’ve got Santon, Colo, Saylor, Tiote, Simmo. (not attack minded but solid as FB).
    Raylor as utility. Tav maybe will come through this season. Bigman maybe.

SO …we need a left sided FB and a CB who can double as FB, or attacking FB and DM who can also play in the back 4.

Answers please ?

After that I’d be looking at the forwards, but the defence has to be the foundation. It was goals against that knocked us back last season, not goals for…

• 57 Toon1978 // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I think 13 million for Carroll is ample. Nufc should offer no more then that.If Liverpool want more then we should move on. We can get Remy cheaper so i don’t understand why we are not in for him stronger then what we are atm.

• 58 niafron // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Bonsoir messieurs.

Rémy easily.

But did i ever mention we don’t need three top strikers?

Anyway, was pleased to see we are going after Pieters again.
    This is far more logic.

• 59 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Just checked the Man City update on SS and saw this…

“84 Mancini down the middle, but he won’t get to a long ball over the top. Che Mat is off his line quickly to gather. City’s movement has caused problems all game.”

Has Mancini made himself a player manager? Come on Pards, get out on that pitch!

• 60 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Ok, don’t bother answering me, they apparently do have a player called Mancini. My bad :)

• 61 gonufc (up and Hatem) // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I agree that we need a winger/ AM rather than another striker- especially not a target man!

• 62 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I am off. Take care and remember to give me a shout if we sign someone.

• 63 nufc7lad // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Marseille said they woould only consider bids of 18m euros which is about £14m. They bought him for 15m euros 2 years ago and hie has improved since, so he is worth the money imo

• 64 G // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:48 PM

John Guidetti for me, closely followed by Remy (only because Guidetti, assuming he continues to progress, would have a far superiour sell-on value). I would be happy with either of those 2. If the bin dippers really want close to £20M for AC, then they can shove it.

• 65 numba9 // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:49 PM

KEVIN GAMIERO !!!!!!

• 66 WWYCD // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Neymar has confirmed on Twitter that he would play for NUFC next season haha hes wanting a few more Brazil fans in St James for their next match eh

• 67 Manx Magpie // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Anyone seen this, feel sorry for the lad, thought he’d have a great full season for them.

• 68 croftus5678 // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:56 PM

ba is better than carroll in every way not that carroll is not good but 18mil + for a 3rd striker is a mistake when you look at the quality there is around the world for that money.
    and your right we was crying because he left because he was the best and only striker (main) at the club at that time and if ba did not come in for us we would have been close to the bottom half of the table but credit were its due carr or whoever is picking these players have worked miracles and the 35mil has bought pretty much a new higher quality team better than carroll can walk into now.
    we need to carry on finding youth with the star quality imo we have done it again (not too sure on amalfitino yet) but bigirimana looks an absolute steal AGAIN at 1mil i would have value’d him at atleast 6mil from watching those friendly’s.
    i just hope we get a lb/rb and a cb or curtis good turns out to be another great buy because after colo and taylor i think 3rd choice for me is tav

• 69 WWYCD // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Might of been the fake Neymar on twitter but still

• 70 Royal Farmer // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:58 PM

15 million for an impact sub lol… you would’ve thought we had man city’s transfer budget if that deal happened.

• 71 gonufc (up and Hatem) // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Neymar really is a complete C&NT, however in that game against Belarus, wow.

• 72 gonufc (up and Hatem) // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Damn, feel so sorry for Best

• 73 Wor Shearer // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:02 PM

My brother-in-law, a lifetime Marseille fan , says Remy is OK but there are better strikers out there for the same price.

• 74 DarloGeordie // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Alright ladies n gents, haven’t posted for a while so I’d just like to say to all those on about our defence….

If we score more than the opposition we win, pardew plays attacking football (or at least tries) so having a first class attack for me is more important than signing defenders.

• 75 niafron // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:11 PM

@Wor shearer

A marseille Fan? Ahah!

Did he say a name?

(Cause for me, Rémy is the best striker in Ligue 1).

Gameiro could indeed be a good buy. Would say 10 millions for him.

• 76 niafron // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Damn! We sold Best just before he get Injured… It seem we’re lucky bastards!

• 77 Novocastrian66 // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Is the question; who is the best striker? Or. Who is the best striker for the fee quoted?
    I’m not sure who is the best. We should buy the best one within the available budget. I know I’m stating the obvious, but I think the debate is pointless.
    Breaking news NUFC are going to charge £1 admin fee for every away ticket sold. That’s something to discuss.

• 78 DarloGeordie // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Yes we lack depth at the back but with 4 first class strikers the chances are we are going to score more than the opposition providing our midfield stays strong so with the addition of anita (if the rumours are to be believed) and BIGI then attack attack attack… None of this defensive boring cr*p like Chelsea n good owld England.

After all it hurts to say it but we are now how do I say it FRENCH haha….

I’d take debauchery (defender), not trying to contradict myself at all lol, remy or Guidetti, after that keep picking up these diamonds in the rough for the youth team and I’m
    Happy…

Futures bright, futures black and White!!!!!

• 79 karasu // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Hi guys. Try my belated Euro 2012 quiz?

I feel Guidetti is better though. Seems like quality by being a goal machine in the league that Suarez came out of. And he’s only 21/22 so lots of time to see if he’ll turn good.

• 80 Rotonda heights // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:16 PM

luke26

I don’t think anyone in their right mnd seriously compared Carroll to shearer. Yes he helped us at a time when we were looking to stay in the division and back then long balls and hopeful knock ons for nolan were really all we had to offer as a midtable average team, ie like Stoke.

But we have so moved on from there. If carroll comes back, he won’t make clever runs on to cabaye and benny’s passes like Cisse and Ba, he’ll just be stood on the halfway line with his hand in the air waiting for the next 60 yard hoof. As for giving us 10 years, his liver probably wouldn’t last that long as he is hardly a professional athlete.

• 81 niafron // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Anyway, Rémy will never come for 9 millions.

• 82 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Rotonda…Not that they were similar players, more that they were both local lads, Newcastle and England strikers and both liked scoring goals.

No one could ever be just like Shearer.

• 83 Rotonda heights // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Conaldo

how does carroll offer us a change. if we have to go long, we have 2 monsters in cisse and ba and even shola, not exactly dwarves are they!

• 84 Rotonda heights // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:25 PM

ibiza

is there anyone who doesn’t like scoring goals!!

• 85 croftus5678 // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:26 PM

but of we concede less than the opposition !!! hehe

well i dont think carr and co have done too bad even in this transfer window so far we have lost no 1st teamers (which i was honestly dreading) and bought in bigi and amalf and hopefully curtis who woll easily replace those we lost sammy seems better than loven aswell (best was handy for us though)

looking forward to the new signings if there is any and if not i’m still looking forward to it and think we will do great this season TOON ARMY.

• 86 MagpiesFlyHigh // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Darlo,

So yer in the KK entertainers camp.
    Won’t work these days. Our best runs last season were when the defence were solid and kept clean sheets

I think Pards himself reckoned last season you needed 16 clean sheets..near enough every other game.. to get anywhere near the CL places.

If you concede one then you need to score two to win better to concede none…surely ?

• 87 SpaceGhost // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Hi Niafron, how would u rate Yaya Sanogo? I believe he is on his final year of his 3 year contract.

• 88 Rotonda heights // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Ibiza,

i was chuffed when carroll went. To me it was and still is the biggest daylight robbery I have ever seen committed. 36M and a 25% sell on clause for a guy who is worth 10m at most.

Taking our geordie specs off for a minute, ever since he went we’ve been on the up and carroll and liverpool in decline. Why can’t people see that. Cisse and ba can make goals out of nothing.

Carroll is totally reliant on service as he’s not fast and doesn’t have great movement and he’s had one of the best in gerrard, but has been shown to be very limited. Plus it’s great not getting all the dodgy headlines with him and barton here any more. Why can’t we enjoy it was a win win and still is without him.

• 89 rich_toonfan // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:36 PM

My bet is remy for them figures but dunno what his real valuation and wages etc would be.

Off topic but does anybody wish man city would give barca 150million and get messi in the prem league just so we could watch him every week on motd

• 90 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:38 PM

We should just go all out and sign Seydou Doubia from CSKA,he would cost about the same as Liverpool are asking for Carroll but is small, has a low center of gravity and you thought Obertan’s quick, this lad is lightning. Only negative is that he will be at ACON with the Ivory Coast

• 91 lee1892 // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Luc Castaignos signed FC Twente today for 6m euros to replace De Jong

• 92 TorqToon // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Just heard the news about Besty! Awful bad luck and wish him all the best for a quick recovery !

• 93 JackButler // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Would love to see Carroll come back home as he’s got something different to both Ba and Cisse. Remy is a long shot, but would be a great addition to our squad.

• 94 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Shame for Besty like. Even worse for Rovers, they might as well send out 11 chickens next season with Kean in charge :)

BTW anyone else still rate N’Zonzi ? he has dropped of the transfer radar lately

• 95 WWYCD // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Am gutted that Besty is out for 6 months I would of happily kept him with us hope he comes back stronger

#LeonBestIsMint

• 96 Hatem's better than Messi // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Poor Besty – Deserved better luck – He is Mint!

• 97 Beardo Ameobi // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Good job I held onto that twenty I was near to putting on Best being Championship top scorer.

• 98 Hatem's better than Messi // Jul 30, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Do we know if Remy wants to move to the North-East of England?

Carroll wants to play for us – that’s priceless.

#gethimsigned #bringandyhome

• 99 Tsunki // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Hmmm. On the vote I was one of the undecided. But, all emotion aside, the only real known quantity is the young lad that once played outstandingly for us in his first full prem season, is an England international, is still very young, and is a very good player whose progress was halted by an inept has-been. £15m returning £20m is still excellent business. He has learned. I would bring him home, but he wont get his old room back straightaway.

• 100 Hatem's better than Messi // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:02 PM

5under1and make a £10m bid for Wolves striker Steven Fletcher …

• 101 hotdog // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Rotonda- there is no doubt that Carroll divides opinion with the fans. However you really do need to give the guy more credit. If he was that crap how come he moved for £35 million and yes I know that’s totally inflated but still.

• 102 nufcjohn // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I dont understand this vote for a number of reasons

1 John Guidetti is not proven and will be no better then leon best and wud cost about 7 million (wouldnt pay may then 2 million

2 Luc Castaignos has already been sold to fc twente

3 Remy is class but we wouldnt get him for 9 million and he has already stated he wants to stay in france

4 andy carrol walks out on us in january 2011 for 35 million and we get a full team for a fraction of the price

My choice would be to have Andy Carroll back home where he belongs. i no he wudnt fit in to a 433 formations but we are in europe now we need to try different tactics and different formations as teams will no us to well from ast season.

people say andy carrol walked out on us but i dont think he did. i think he was forced out. mike ashley seen the cash so accepted so obviously carroll wasnt going to stay where he was not wanted. now i think mike ashley is feeling guilty and is trying to do everything he can to get him back which i think he owes that to us which is why he is doing it. plus andy will be with us for the rest of his carear as he wouldnt want to ever eave again.

lets get behind them he would come back better then he was before trust in mike ashley

• 103 nufcjohn // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:08 PM

i agree hotdog

• 104 geordiejamie89 // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Just buy them all and solve the dilemma, simple. In all honestly I’ll be happy if any of these players come through the door. In one sense we could do with a pacey striker, but we could do with a player like Andy Carroll too. If he signed before the start of the season I think he’d finish the season with more than Demba Ba had this season just gone, depending on whether they’re Europa games or what.

• 105 Hatem's better than Messi // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Guidetti suffered from a mystery virus that wasted the muscle in his right-leg. I’m not sure he’s cured of that yet?

• 106 Tsunki // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I wouldnt swap our scout network for the unkempt`s ha ha. I think they would do well to take a leaf out of the smogmonster`s book and concentrate on hosting the car boot sales. More chance of a bargain coming into that ground.

• 107 nufcjohn // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:14 PM

andy carrol wants to come back which means he wants to put things right.

he has even told his agent make it happen. i mean he want to be back get behind mike ashley ffs this lad is unreal on his day

• 108 NUFC FOR SALE // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I don’t want to see Carroll back.

Carroll will not come back for less wages than hes on now and our captain and best player is on less money than him.

We do not need Carroll and certainly not for anything over 10 million.

If the 35 million transfer had never happened people would not be talking about Carroll in the same breath as a transfer over 10 million.

We robbed Liverpool blind but that doesn’t mean we have to believe he was worth anything like that.

Get Guidetti, Debuchy, Anita, Douglas

• 109 stevetoon85 // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:15 PM

FOR THE LAST TIME….LOIC REMY IS NOT IN THE LAST YEAR OF HIS CONTRACT AND WON’T BE AVAILABLE ON THE CHEAP AS A RESULT….

• 110 Hatem's better than Messi // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Remy wants to stay in France?
    Guidetti has a nasty virus.
    Castaignos has already gone to Twente.

The list gets whittled down.

Leaving only the pony-tailed wonder … Yes!

• 111 nufcjohn // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:17 PM

i disagree with you i mean i think carroll would accep a big loss in wages i think hed accep 35-40k

65 percent of newcastle fans want him back

• 112 pardews plan B // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Todays childhood footballer of the day is victor ikpeba

• 113 nufcjohn // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:19 PM

lik the hatem better then messi username haha

• 114 toonLYF // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:19 PM

real shame for besty :(

• 115 Conaldo // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Rotonda – because ba and cisse and shola havent exactly scored many goals from corners, free kicks etc. has nothing to do with how tall they are, they arent very good in the air.
    andy carroll is very good in the air, therefore if we are getting stopped by at team controlling us on the ground, whack a the big man up front and break them down instantly, on top of that, carroll is also good with his feet too.

• 116 Magpie from Lithuania // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:20 PM

paying 18M for Carroll is equal playing 13.5M because of sell clause: 25% goes for Newcastle, what’s way Ashley is willing to pay that sort of money.

• 117 nufcjohn // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:21 PM

sorry to dissapoint but debuchy is set for inter milan my source is talksport

we should go for van der wiel which he has 1 year left on contract 3-4 million and he is better then debuchy and he is 3 years younger

• 118 Rotonda heights // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:21 PM

”on his day” not many of those at liverpool!!

• 119 Magpie from Lithuania // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Carroll would accept 35k per week.

• 120 Rotonda heights // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM

ah talksport – that well known gospel of the truth!!

• 121 Tsunki // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:23 PM

NFS – So if AC was sold to the scousers for £15m, would you genuinely have been pleased with that business? I think not. You, me and the rest of the Toon hordes would have pulled mike, del and alan to bits for flogging the family silverware for nowt. So why would he not be worth £15m now?

• 122 nufcjohn // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:24 PM

your wrong we only get sell on fee of any profit liverpool make which is 0

• 123 Magpie from Lithuania // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Hey i have a question.

What liverpool or sunderland player it is?

i’d go for Skirtel.

• 124 Tsunki // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Ok everyone shut up shop, no more posts about debuchy, lets move on, nothing to see here. Talksport has spoken.

• 125 Super Magpie // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Ba’s good at heading at goal but not if it’s a clearance from defence and neither is cisse. Shola is but can’t do it for a full game.

Remy for me, dont think we’ll be able to get him for £9m, £12m at the least. I wish people would stop saying Carroll would be only good for long balls. We don’t have to play the ball long but if we provide crosses for Carroll then he’ll score loads.

Good teams vary the style of play. Except Barca :)

• 126 Rotonda heights // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Conaldo

Yeah that worked so well against Italy – not!!
    carroll and England looked desperate. Even if they’re not scoring from many set pieces, ba and Cisse still score far more frequently than carroll and can create their own goals

• 127 Magpie from Lithuania // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:26 PM

no it’s not of the profit. There was a misleading article about it.

• 128 NUFC FOR SALE // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Why on earth would Carroll and his agent for that matter accept a 50 to 60 % pay cut ?????

I think you’re kidding yourself there if you think Carroll will walk away from 40 to 50 k per week to come back to Newcastle with no number 9 shirt waiting for him and Ba and Cisse ahead of him.

Forget it boys I promise you now Carroll is not coming back to the toon…end of.

• 129 Tsunki // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Clearly Shelvey Mag from Lithuania.

• 130 Tsunki // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Although with a shock of black hair Suarez comes to mind with those gnashers.

• 131 Super Magpie // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Talksport is a load of bull, Cabaye has come out and said he Debuchy wants to join us, Debuchy himself has even said he wants to join us.

Does anyone reckon we’ll be able to watch the den Haag friendly on channel 5 on Saturday since Southampton played Ajax on channel 5 last Saturday?

• 132 Rotonda heights // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Most crosses are headed away by defenders facing away from their own goal. Cut backs on the ground are usually way more productive. Why is it we have to make everything a 50/50? We win the ball only to set it up for another 50/50. Where’s the method, it’s just hit and hope, play the percentages. proper football is when you watch cisse’s goal
    against stoke. Vision, movement, pace skill.

• 133 davybtoon // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Remy easy end of

• 134 nufcjohn // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:31 PM

agree super magpie carroll for me

• 135 pardews plan B // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Love it when people say “on his day”.
    On his day Carroll is unplayable.
    On his day obertan rips his fb apart.
    On his day shola scores 2.
    On his day perchy is our best player.
    That phrase means virtually nowt unless put into context.
    Ie how often does this day occur

• 136 Rotonda heights // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:33 PM

nufcjohn

is that right – liverpool would have to sell for over 36M for us to get any sell on? Another reason to steer clear, if one was needed

• 137 nufcjohn // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:34 PM

remy only to replace ba but if ba stays then we go for carrol

• 138 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:35 PM

PPB i think it happens on that extra day in feb on a leap year

• 139 Conaldo // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:35 PM

rotonda, in the premier league with us, carrols record was better than ba’s i believe. 11 in 14 or something, it was only liverpool who didnt know how to use him properly. Also to be fair, england have talentless players (and im english) who couldnt hit a barn door with a 4×4. Dogleash didnt know how to use him, we did, and if Mike Ashley is willing to handle this transfer personally, obviously he and pardew have spoken, and Pardew knows how he will handle him and use him most effectively.

At the end of the day rotonda, unless you are actually mike ashley, then you have absolutely no say in the transfer so you will have to stop complaining and deal with it, if he comes great, if he doesnt its carrolls loss as its his opportunity to get his career back on track. lets not forget the lad is only 23 aswell, he has a long way to go if he gets handles right.

• 140 nufcjohn // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:36 PM

i dont no wht all of you are complaining for if we get carrol for say 15 million we are still 20 million up i mean i no the lad well and he wants to come back

but if people didnt want him back they wud be protesting out st james park so that says we want him back no matter what people say on this blog

• 141 davybtoon // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Why on earth are ppl saying players like good, biggie, abeid, vukic, sammi n Tav are gonna b in the reserves not a chance they might play the odd game but they will b first teamers

• 142 Rotonda heights // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Hotdog

basically because of the idiot who bought him – Dalglish and look at all his other ridiculous english signings.

Carroll isn’t that bad on the deck but players will always hoof it to him as he’s 7ft!! same with crouch, also not the worst on the deck but tall players are a beacon to hoof it to. It’s not really their fault even.

• 143 davybtoon // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Carroll wont come back

• 144 Beattie25 // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:38 PM

nufcjohn

Are you carrolls agent? Do you work for nufc?

Don’t claim to know anything as we are all in the dark!

• 145 nufcjohn // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:38 PM

but if we havnt got a striker in by deadline day then we will get carrol on the last day of the window trust me

• 146 JP...from The Rock // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:39 PM

If it were down to these four I’d go for Remy and Guidetti. We need faster players with great technique. Players like HBA that can beat their man easily. Marveaux also has this skill and look at what a difference he’s made in such short time.

More players of the HBA and Marveaux mold is what we need so I’d go for Remy and Guidetti and Gameiro if he’s available.

Hope we sign Debuchy this week at long last too, we need his runs down from the back to cause extra woe for our opponents.

• 147 croftus5678 // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:40 PM

guys leave gordie pride and emotion aside for a while….demba ba £free….papis cisse…£9mil…..
    is he a 30goal a season striker…no
    he’s prob a 15-20 goal striker (unproven) ye he’s good but not as good as what we have.
    and 18+mil is he better then the players we are linked with for less than that price ? yes he’s a mag but pride will not win us titles if we buy players just cos there from newc.

• 148 stu.toon // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Would not have Carroll back and he seriously would not take a 50% pay cut to be the plan B big man up front. I can see him giving 100% at Liverpool forcing himself into their plans. Remy appears to me, to be an out of control rumour doubt there is much to it and can’t see him coming our way. Out of the four I’d take Guidetti with the proven goal scoring ability in a decent league a young promising prospect. But I doubt that will even happen either.

• 149 nufcjohn // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:40 PM

beatie25

no im not and no i dont but i just hear what sky is saying and i talk to carrol as we are best mates

• 150 check the toastie // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Gutted for Besty, was hoping the lad was going to do the business in the champs, so unlucky, hope its not to bad an injury, dont sound good though.

It has to be said we are currently carrying some luck, fingers crossed on our squad, so far, so good pre-season, looking forward to Marveaux, and Sammy this year staking a claim lets hope Benny turns up fit to pre-season and is ready to rock and roll from the off.

• 151 Beattie25 // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:42 PM

nufcjohn = transfer sage

• 152 pardews plan B // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:42 PM

@tads good point
    nufc for sale says end of. Ok no more Carroll talk

• 153 Super Magpie // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Beattie

Was thinking exactly the same thing :D

• 154 MagpiesFlyHigh // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:43 PM

davyb

Reckon you’re right and Pards will bring through 4-6 guys to play regular 1st 11.
    If you’re scouting is that good then these lads will make the step up sooner rather than later

• 155 nufcjohn // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:43 PM

transfer sage what you on about

beatie25

• 156 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Im struggling to see why going for guideitti is unrealistic as he wont sit on a bench well what makes carroll any different?
    I would hate to see ba or cisse knocked down the pecking order to accomodate carroll, just because hes a geordie doesnt mean hes a shearer.
    Personally i think he was given a good chance at the bindippers, equal chance as suarez, and when he played he was getting good service from downing ppl say andys stats dont show liverpool didnt play to his strengths but the same could be said for downing he planted a fair few crosses for andy, thruth is he was 1 in 9 on target and that is poor
    We should be looking for a player in the remy mould, not nesessarily remy but a striker who can play 2-3 positions across the front like remy/sturridge/toivonen
    I think andy really does lack the techincal ability to play the ball to feet, once again as shown at liverpool, and i think ba is just as strong in the air as andy, basically i dont see the other option he offers just my opinion like

• 157 Jam only For H.ben Arfa // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Ryan Mendes Da Graça (cap verdian player, he plays in le Havre Ligue 2), Very Good Deal…As good as Papiss cissé, and not expensive

• 158 nufcjohn // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:47 PM

mike ashley and alan pardew obviouslt want carroll back so if you weretrue nufc fans u would get behind them. look what he has done for this club since 2007 and you are all giving it this and that well if u ask me no one knows how to improve a team other then mike and alan

• 159 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Conaldo weve got rid of the players we used for carroll

• 160 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:49 PM

@ nufcjohn

You must be new here

• 161 check the toastie // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Reading between the lines Beattie wants to be nufcjohn’s mate.

• 162 Conaldo // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM

tads – im sure the likes of cabaye and gutierez and ben arfa are more than capable of pinpointing a ball to carrolls head. weve got rid of the players that we used for carroll and upgraded them – barton nolan etc. they have nothing on cabaye and co.

• 163 Super Magpie // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Johnufc

Mike Ashley has had a very mixed time here, but he has saved us from doing a Leeds. I still won’t trust him until he comes out and states his intentions to the fans.

• 164 nufcjohn // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM

@big Pappa Cisse

yes mate how can you tell

• 165 Toon_boy89 // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Remy.for me Carroll is old news sod him

• 166 pardews plan B // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Look guys im andys mam. He will not be coming back to Newcastle its all rubbish. My boy is happy in Liverpool

• 167 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Colondo im sure they can but why change the whole system to suit carrol when ba n cisse are much better? Plus when why start crossing etc we trnd to bypass cabaye n look awful and andy hasnt got the techinical abilty to play to feet gerrard showed that

• 168 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:57 PM

@ nufcjohn

A few weeks ago someone called Transfer sage was claiming he was In “The Know and saying stuff like Debuchy was going to sign on a certain day and then it never happened and he never got a thing right regarding transfers. Beattie 25 is saying you are him basically

Let the fight commense :)

• 169 croftus5678 // Jul 30, 2012 at 6:59 PM

hehe look if carroll comes to toon ofc we will give the lad all the support we can like we say he’s not a bad player he’s good.
    true we are not ashley or pardew but like us you have no idea whats going on either.
    most of us just think there is a lot better value for money out there than carroll who is more proven in the goalscoring department (commitment we can not fault carroll for as the lad allways tries)

• 170 Super Magpie // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Big pappa

Is was yesterday as well, he said Debuchy will sign shortly, ( pure ITK) and that good will sign on friday as if nobody knew that anyway.

• 171 nufc786 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:00 PM

fight which fight????????????

• 172 pardews plan B // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:01 PM

But beattie is nails

• 173 naptoon // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:01 PM

nufc john
    agree with everything youve been saying except about ashley holding my judgement till after this window think we should see what his ambitions for the club are

• 174 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Beattie 25 vs nufcjohn

• 175 Conaldo // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:01 PM

rotonda – im not saying change the system, im saying having carroll allows you to change it. weve got stuck many times this season where teams figured us out and we couldnt get past them. if we had a big bullish centre forward who would power his was through the centre backs to latch onto the end of a dipping ball from cabaye and volley it in the net, we would win a lot games. Barcelona got kicked out the champions league despite being the better side because they only had one system to play, if they had a big man in the box to push chelseas defenders around they would have probably won the champions league.

• 176 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Uh oh its nufc786 thats the blog done for the night!!!!;)

• 177 pardews plan B // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:03 PM

786=dead blog and tiote banter

• 178 nufcjohn // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:04 PM

fo all you people in here that think i am transfer sage you are all wrong. i have only been a member of this blog for 3 days and u are are all wanting to fight me haha

• 179 nufc786 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:04 PM

dont get me started i’ve been laying of the tiote banter for too long……..

• 180 nufc786 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:06 PM

nufcjohn- fight??????? how can you fight on a blog????????? i have no intention good sir to start a war of words with you just a nice debate……

• 181 The_Toon // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I voted Andy Carroll and that’s because he won’t be leaving the club again. Unlike Ba, Cisse or any new player which they’ll probably leave after 2-3 years and that’s a fact.

• 182 pardews plan B // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Cheick tiote won an award today. Kanye West sat politely in his seat.

• 183 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Colando i think youve watched goal to many times! Andy couldnt latch a gate at the mo let alone a volley, as for being a big powerhouse hes seems to of lost that, he spent most of last season sitting on his arse whining at the ref and thats got nout to do with tactics or playing to his strengths, he didnt bully anyone last year, i mean look at when he came to our place wilo n perchino schooled him, completly played him out the game and after the triad of abuse he aimed at pards before storming out of SJP i hope he stays well clear, mainly cos i think hes an overratted lump who after a good half season got sussed out and almost every team in the league has got his number, unfortunatly unlike ba and cisse i dint think he has the ability to adapt his game to keep teams guessing

• 184 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:11 PM

The toon thats not a fact and how do you know he wont leave again? How do u know he wont come back, flop, and we think fcuk this and ship him out, just cos you say fact doesnt make it so, fact!

• 185 southafricantoon // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Remy for me !

• 186 southafricantoon // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Remy !

• 187 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Check…Not just mate, but best mate!

Evening all, how’s tricks?

Rotonda…I kinda get what you’re saying, but when you post it’s as if he’s 100% useless, which clearly isn’t the case. No one is saying smacking it long or whipping crosses in is the best way to go or that it should be done constantly. What we’re saying is, it’s nice to have that option. Andy Carroll would give us that option.

I’m sure there are better options out there for the same or less money, but there is something in the fact he’s English and a Geordie. What did you say earlier? Pride doesn’t win football? Or something along those lines (apologies, being lazy and not looking back :) ), well, that’s complete and utter rubbish. Granted you need skill, technique and all the other goodies, but don’t tell me playing for and doing well for your local, childhood team wouldn’t make you perform your heart out?

Once again, I’m not saying we should pay £18m for him, for me, somewhere between £10-£15m would be a “decent” bit of business. I would rather have Cisse as our only striker and appreciate the inflated price for Carroll, but English players are sold at inflated rates and we do need some good quality English players, for spirit, mentality (as I type this i’m not sure if that’s actually good or bad) and then there’s the minimum quota.

Anyway, think I might be veering off track and therefore shall stop. *Thank God For That* :)

• 188 Dannyo // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:13 PM

@nufcjohn
    What have u been drinking/taking?
    Carrolls best mate? And u expect to be belived? And we have to go outside the club to protest if we don’t want a player?
    Man, u are daft.
    Where does these people come from? Christ…

• 189 pardews plan B // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:14 PM

@southAfrica. Did you vote Remy by any chance?

• 190 SupaToonKid // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I voted for Loic Remy as he offers us pace as well as strength up front. He’d be very useful on the left or up top when Ramadan is on and just to help the Demba’s out if there are injuries or suspension or even the unlikely event that Senegal beat Ivory Coast and qualify for ACoN.

Castaignos would have been my pick as he offers what Remy does but at at younger age hence he’d be with us for a long time to come and his potential is massive.

John Guidetti is good but i think he’s overhyped also he wants to play in Italy.

I’d only sign AC back for £8M max and that would just to piss Liverfool off. Don’t think he’d add that much to our side.

• 191 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:15 PM

PPB @182…Some fine work there good sir

• 192 Conaldo // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:17 PM

tads – i only watch goal to say “ive been there”
    He was excellent for us, and as ive said to rotonda, its not really up to you, and all though the down south bit adds heightened possibility to the you being Mike Ashley, I still doubt youre not, therefore its not up to you. if we sign him, i am sure, and hope you will support him 100% as soon as he dons the black and white. pardew knows how to get the best out of players, and with the potential amount of extra games we have, we NEED another striker, and as far as im concerened, if we can get carroll for around 14-15 mil, hes as good as any available striker, and will be unlikely to leave again, so his commitment couldnt be quetioned. and he is a proven goalscorer, no matter has much his for dipped at liverpool. Ba hasnt scored for half a season yet he is still classed as a proven goalscorer.
    again i reitereate, it is not up to you, so either say somethting constructive, involve yourself in a lively debate or just be quiet, any of those would be just great. just chill out and wait to see who we sign, and then support them and im sure they will do just fine and fit into pardews master plan.

• 193 pardews plan B // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:18 PM

One day, a cobra bit Cheick tiotes leg…

After five days of deathly pain, the cobra finally died

• 194 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Good little read, also says the stats suggest andy was the worst finisher in the league last season converting under 5% of his chances!
    How ever it does balance the article out its not just an andy bash

• 195 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:19 PM

People need to take off the rose tinted spectacles and realise Caroll is an average player at best compared to the likes of Cisse, Ba and Remy. We have been playing some of the best stuff I have seen in my 21 years as a supporter without him and if he wasn’t a Geordie it would be a no brainer

• 196 nufc786 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:19 PM

ppb- i swear it was a rattlesnake……

• 197 pardews plan B // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:21 PM

The film Alien vs Predator was originally titled Alien vs Predator vs Cheick tiote The directors decided to cut Cheick out though as nobody would pay £7 to watch a 14 second film.

• 198 nufc786 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:22 PM

too true…..

• 199 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Conaldo i posted earlier a post which highlighted why i thought carroll was no longer suited to is you seem to of skipped it im more than happy to debate if u take the time to read it,
    Yes ba hasnt scored in the pl fir half a season but harldy a fair comparison considering most of that was spent out of position where andy played over 30 games in his favoured position and only netted 6 goals

• 200 Conaldo // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:24 PM

big pappa – how many people honestly believed he was justt average when we sold him? if he had never left he would be one of the best players in the prem now. remember he is only 23 and brought back to learn from ba and cisse, on top of what he already can do, he has the potential to be great.

again i feeli i must say, this transfer is not up to any of yous (apart from Alan Pardew on here to read kets posts)
    and so should just accept that we either will or will not sign him, i mean for gods sake, why are most of you so desperately miserable, we finished 5th last season and were within inches of champions league, so any one we buy will only add to that.

chill people, pards has got it covered..

• 201 nufc786 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:25 PM

cheik tiote once got his arm stuck in a canyon. After 5 days of pain and agony, cheik tiote had to amputate the canyon. It was a tough choice…

• 202 GeordieToon89 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:25 PM

West Ham have agreed a deal for Andy Carroll to move to them on loan according to plenty of twitter transfer and news feeds.. Just down to the player now.. Guessing Nolans heading for a divorce ha

• 203 Dannyo // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:25 PM

BBC claims Carroll has accepted a loan to West Ham.
    Lee Ryder says no one in the Carroll camp knows about a deal.

BBC vs Lee Ryder – Bring it.

• 204 darrenfletcher88 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:27 PM

What a crap article, I suppose it’s dead on the transfer front, but let’s all vote for the forwards who there is no concrete interested in!!! Rubbish as usual!!!!!

• 205 Super Magpie // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Big pappa

I wouldn’t say this is the best football we’ve played. Watching us from Dec- Mar was awful. We got lucky in a lot of games.
    This season I expect much better football and hopefully a more solid defence as now this team has been together a year and as of yet no one has been brought in to replace anyone from our starting 11

• 206 pardews plan B // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Cheick tiote chases down his own echos to ask why the f they answered back.

• 207 Conaldo // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:28 PM

anyway, im obviously creating controversy on here by suggesting that alan pardew and mike ashley know what theyre doing, so ill just be off now. i have not really said anything differening to you tads and rotonda, im simply accepting the fact that we may or may not sign Andy Carroll and so im looking for positives in either scenario

• 208 stephen1971 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:28 PM

i don,t even think we,re interested in bringing carroll back, probably just trying to get the bids up so they can get the sell on fee (is it 20%), so if liverpool sell him for 20mill then thats another 4 mill in fat ashleys back pocket, so that would be 39 mill for carroll, a joke, thankyou very much livefool

• 209 Beardo Ameobi // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Well, Carroll to West Ham for a 2m loan fee, with a view to a permanent move of 17m.

Hope this is true. Plenty of outlets reporting it.

• 210 Super Magpie // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:29 PM

He said he dosent want to go to West ham and if it’s from twitter I wouldn’t believe a word of it

• 211 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Darrenfletcher88
    What a prick

• 212 Lee Dodd // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:30 PM

No Way Andy Carroll Will go to West Ham !!! Now Mike Ashley Get Your Arse in Gear and Get Him Home for £2 Million loan and £15 Next July !!!! Stop Pissin About !!!!

• 213 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Beardo me to

• 214 croftus5678 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:31 PM

do not know what we are panicing bout anyways we will sign this french trialist soon and he will turn out to be better than lionel messi :-).
    then curtis good will sign and be better than collo.
    everything nufc touch now a days turns into gold dust look at bigi sammy ect ect
    so it all looks black and white to me :-) no worries who or who we do not sign.

• 215 nufc786 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:31 PM

bbc have confirmed http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19056545

• 216 roe997 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:31 PM

personly i think we creating the andy hype so other teams start a vidding war.i do remember something about a sell on clause to us.and its remy all day for me,would slot nicely into left side of a front three

• 217 pardews plan B // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Cheick tiote secretly sleeps with every woman in the world once a month. They bleed for a week as a result.

And im done with that means

• 218 Conaldo // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:31 PM

darrenfletcher – P155 OFF YOU TW@T
    Ed brings us all the newcastle news, then when appropriate, gauges our opinions on the news by polls, which is a fantastic idea which many other webstites dont use,
    if you dont like it sod off.

• 219 darrenfletcher88 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:31 PM

And how’s that???

• 220 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Super mag it was a “source” that said he didnt want to go to west ham personally dont believe we even bid for him after enquiring about the loan

• 221 nufc786 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:33 PM

liverpool have agreed 2mill for carroll on loan to west ham the link is at 214

• 222 Super Magpie // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Darrenfletcher88

If you dont like it, then dont come on here and there’s no need to comment about it as well. Ed puts a lot of time into this blog and is trying to start a debate.

Now, F off and have some respect.

• 223 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Conaldo something we agree on!-
    Darenfletcher88 seriously all you do is slag ed off fcuk off back to your manc board ya sad bastard

• 224 darrenfletcher88 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Colondo, really??? I’ll let u lot beleave these great rumours,haha,stupid tits

• 225 darrenfletcher88 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:36 PM

An not slagging any one but made up stuff really doesn’t interest me,

• 226 Conaldo // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:37 PM

there we go then. carroll to west ham. now everyone can chill and enjoy silly season

• 227 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Darrenfletcher88 if it doesnt intrest you dont read it win win

• 228 pardews plan B // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:37 PM

@fletcher he never said he believes the rumours. Just sick of you giving ed shite for the blog he writes and you read.
    Can’t you just leave your attitude of the blog if you aren’t interested in the article?

• 229 Super Magpie // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Tads

Fair enough, west ham would be a huge step down IMO. But he would be guaranteed first team football.

• 230 nufc786 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:37 PM

darrenfletcher88
    relax…… take a chill pill…. these ppl are just discussing options about strikers……. whether there is little or no truth about them……

• 231 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Gutted for besty like real shame top pro heres to a speedy recovery

• 232 nufc786 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Super Magpie http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19056545

• 233 darrenfletcher88 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Am just putting my opinion across like every one else, pros and cons of this great site,

• 234 Super Magpie // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Darrrenfletcher88

If you dont like it, don’t read it and don’t come on the blog and criticise it. There’s no reason to comment about it.

If you have nothing to contribute to the blog then **** Off

• 235 WWYCD // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Can I see a picture of Carroll in a West Ham shirt? BBC must of dropped the image on the 2 sentances I read and no one seems to of kept it to post it on twitter

Wait what? Theres no photo? Oh well I will just believe it then :)

• 236 pardews plan B // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Calls us stupid tits and says he’s not slagging anyone off? No, just insulting us, which is much better……

• 237 Conaldo // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:39 PM

darrenfletcher – dont know who colondo is, sounds like a kind of vegetable peeler – still, if you dont like it leave you tit and obvious mackem

• 238 Beardo Ameobi // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Darren

Well go away then! Are you that thick, that you continuously come onto a site that supposedly deals only ‘in made up rubbish’.

Do something more productive for the community with your time if this doesn’t satisfy you, like attempt to strangle yourself to death, fail, then sob inconsolably.

Can’t help but lean towards favouring eugenics sometimes.

• 239 deeeeeeano // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Darrenfletcher88 takes it up the wrong’un

• 240 leavemyarselona // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:40 PM

• 241 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Quick nufcjohn get on the phone to andy and see whats happening!

• 242 mattnufc // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Get in, never wanted Carroll back.

• 243 brian kilclines pony tail // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:41 PM

since when was a player who has 6 months decent premier league form, one season of good form in the championship and 18 months of poor premier league performances worth anywhere near this figure?
    for god’s sake he has had more bad premier league performances than good!
    mental i tell you, just mental!

@ hotdog 41
    having a target man invites defenders to play long balls, its been the same for years! if you give players an easy option, they will take it.

@ RedMissionBells
    spot on chief, this wouldnt be backward step, it would be a backward leap.

• 244 leavemyarselona // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Personally i think andy carroll is saying he wants to play in europe at weekend is because he wants to try and put west ham off because he doesnt want to go to them and he knows they put a huge bid in for him and doesnt want to be put in a situation were liverpool accept the bid and more chance of sort of having to end up goin thats my opinion on reason he said that anyone else agree ???

• 245 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:42 PM

@ Conaldo

I definitely thought he had potential when he scored about 12 goals at the start of his first season in the Premier league but he was no world beater either.

Think about it this way

If Carroll had stayed with us, came back from his injury and had the season he had at Liverpool with us people would be slating him right about now and we probably would not have made it into Europe or signed Cisse for that matter.

• 246 nufc786 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:42 PM

WWYCD – you like your proof solid dont you….. cant bear to see carroll in claret and blue….

• 247 darrenfletcher88 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Let’s all get back to talking about us signing messi,he was at st James wasent he???? Pardew plan b, am just voicing my opinion like every one else

• 248 jonobbad // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Was Andy Carroll proud when less than a month after a pay rise he fcuks off to Liverpool for more money.
    Wish some people would realize what they’re saying.
    Cisse 8m so I’d pay no more than 5m for him.
    And if you all take away the fact he’s a geordie, you would say the same.
    Now can we move onto a more realistic topic.

• 249 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:43 PM

WWYCD i stole the photo i keep it in my wallet i always wanted a horsey

• 250 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Also some people think if he pulls on a black & white shirt he is gunna start scoring again

#magicshirtsdontexist

• 251 breno95 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Now, now chaps. DF, TADS & Colondo play nicely. You can express your disagreement but refrain from obscenities. Ruddy’s spitting of his dummy out with me yesterday did not resort to nastiness as it’s only opinions lads.
    As for AC – nothing on SSN transfer report as of 2 mins ago so it could well be AC’s possible return will continue to cause split of opinion.
    Mentioned on an earlier thread that Pieters was back on radar. What happened to our interest in Boenisch. He is still a free agent and can play LB and CB. Just a thought and remember it’s all good so far in toon town.

• 252 superkrul // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:45 PM

DF88 . piss off u mackem ! As evry1 has said if you don’t like it don’t read it or go on the mackem blog coz there 90% true on there transfers because they are always linked with crap !

• 253 nufc786 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:45 PM

darrenfletcher88 231
    you do it in a very insulting way to people on here are most likley to take affence because they know how much time ed spends on this blog for the enlightenment of us fans…… might i say you have a very manc username

• 254 darrenfletcher88 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Deeeeeeano very grown up!!!

• 255 WWYCD // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:46 PM

nufc786
    That I do fella, I do recall 2 weeks ago it was certain Carroll was moving back to us on loan after our bid…all the actual BBC report says is Liverpool have accepted a offer not that Carroll has agreed to move from what I have read

Once I see the lad in the shirt then its a done deal

• 256 Super Magpie // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Darrenfletcher88

Yeah, and everyone on the blog disagree’s with it meaning you’re an utter b*llend.

Like I and everyone else has said, if you don’t like it, then don’t read it and don’t come on here waste people’s time by spouting utter crap like that.

• 257 Conaldo // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:48 PM

seriously guys, wtf is a colondo??
    2 people called me thatt now

• 258 WWYCD // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:48 PM

toonarmydownsouth
    Haha cant argue with that fella haha

• 259 nufc786 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:49 PM

WWYCD
    i will be cringing when i see carroll hold up tht claret and blue shirt….

• 260 Super Magpie // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Is it just me or are west ham doing exactly what QPR did last summer?
    Where are they finding all this money?
    I don’t remember gold and sullivan spending this much before and at Birmingham.

• 261 Spuggy // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:52 PM

2 million is a lot!

• 262 darrenfletcher88 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Am not arguing!! Just my opinion!!! Am aloud to voice that,no one nos anything about are transfers the sooner people realise that the better,4 blokes do that’s all,I back the signing when they are at are Benton training groung with a toona top on,and for my manchester name,sorry I have the same name as a man u player, once again, really!!!!!

• 263 breno95 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:52 PM

SSN just confirmed west ham have denied any deal. The saga continues?

• 264 Conaldo // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:53 PM

If Carroll has gone to west ham that is just an incredible leap into midtable obscurity at best

• 265 WWYCD // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:55 PM

nufc786
    Wouldnt count them chickens just yet mate

• 266 breno95 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Have not got a clue what a colondo is Conaldo. Apologies for not getting your name right.
    Some are mentioning the need for a smaller, cleverer player than AC. Heres one – Sessengnon.

• 267 naptoon // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:59 PM

news was broke on twitter by american journo nowt official yet could be bs and carroll may not accept terms

• 268 Conaldo // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:59 PM

breno – would love sessegnon, for the sole reason that he is actually talented, and the mackems dont deserve talent lol.

• 269 nufc786 // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:00 PM

darrenfletcher88
    it was only friendly banter about the manc name ….. …… ppl see your opinion as slagging all the bloggers on here

• 270 Super Magpie // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:01 PM

If we signed sessegnon I don’t think the mackems could live it down.
    But it would take a lot of money and they might not want to sell to us at all.

• 271 darrenfletcher88 // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:02 PM

My opinion is correct,there’s only four blokes that no the real truth about are targets!!!! No one can argue that!!!

• 272 Super Magpie // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Plus he isn’t a striker, he plays Inbetween the midfield and strikers so it we’d still another striker unless we changed our formation.

• 273 croftus5678 // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM

that is great news all around tbh.
    big sam will play him but will play hoof ball again (sam special) but it will look bad on carroll as he will be stuck in limbo with no help just holding the ball up all the time so his career will go down the pan and next season we will get a striker who’s happy to play 3rd fiddle for 5mil O.o (every cloud has a silver lining and that)

• 274 breno95 // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Conaldo
    Don’t know how old he is so he may not fit the blueprint at the club but I think he is good and may cost less than Remy and certainly alot less than AC as he is not going to west ham – yet??? Obviously though the mackems would want big bucks off NUFC.

• 275 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:05 PM

@ Darren

I would say five to be honest like

1. The player himself
    2. Mike Ashley
    3. Charnley
    4. Llambias
    5. Pardew

• 276 nufc786 // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:05 PM

darrenfletcher88
    then perhaps you could voice your opinion more delicately to the bloggers instead of calling all of us t1ts…. like you have just done well sort of…..

• 277 Tonytoon73 // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:06 PM

F@ck Carroll. Let him join the icf.

• 278 Super Magpie // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Darrenfletcher88

No, it’s the fact that you come on here and said this.

darrenfletcher88 // Jul 30, 2012 at 7:27 PM

• 279 darrenfletcher88 // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Big pappa cisse maybe carr aswell???

• 280 Conaldo // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:07 PM

i had a look sessegnon is 28 so on the older side, and as someone said hes not an out and out striker but would do well sitting behind ba or cisse, would cost megabucks though

• 281 darrenfletcher88 // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Super magpie my opinion!!! Thanks for that thou

• 282 geordie157 // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:12 PM

In terms of strikers my pref would be, Remy, Rondon, Guidetti.

• 283 Spuggy // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Funnyyyyyy…

• 284 breno95 // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Conaldo
    He is too old @ 28 per our current transfer policy and yeah your right they would slap a huge fee on him.
    Am all done on possible signings. Been linked to that many it’s gona be good to see who actually does climb on board the toon euro train next season. Will leave it up to Ed to source the new links and put them on here for all to read except DF that is lol!!!

• 285 geordie157 // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Liverpool have accepted a 2mill loan offer for Carroll from West Ham. Meanwhile i know Sunderland are crazy and over pay for players, but 10million for Steven Fletcher, he’s worth 5mill tops!!

• 286 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Not so much Carr. He will reccommend a player and give his minimum and maximum valuation, then move on. I doubt he is that ivolved tbh

• 287 darrenfletcher88 // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Breno tush a mate,

• 288 darrenfletcher88 // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Big pappa cisse, i would agree there pal.

• 289 geordie157 // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Unlucky for Besty looks like he’s out for 6months. On the plus side we got our money so we’re not a man down due to injury.

• 290 breno95 // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Keep up geordie157 – west ham denied any deal.
    DF
    In English please don’t understand “tush a mate”.

• 291 Zangwill_Ho // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Hope Andy Carroll will not return!

• 292 pardew no 1 // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:21 PM

why is everyone calling darrenfletcher88 because he expressed his opinion it might be wrong but everyone has a opinion hitlers opinion was to kill all jews was it wrong yes but shit happens

• 293 gonufc (up and Hatem) // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:21 PM

@ darrenfletcher – yes, it’s your opinion and people are criticising it.

• 294 sidekick // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:21 PM

croftus5678

A third striker for £5m to cover for Ba/Cisse.

That will be Jelle Vossen then.

• 295 breno95 // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Poor example Pardews No 1. Little tip – think before you type.

• 296 darrenfletcher88 // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:24 PM

My f*****g opinion is I don’t beleave made up stuff, that’s it!!!!!! Time people understand only the head people at are club no who are targets are not crap made up in news paper journos

• 297 outsidethebox // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:26 PM

andy carrol to whu …as i said in previous blogs …it s ano brainer …pool get carrol off pay and out of club …
    whu get a signing for a years wages and if whu get relegated andy goes back to pool ..if whu stay up they pay the £17m and pool dont look too silly ..simples

• 298 darrenfletcher88 // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Lads am a mackem?? Hitler? Go and kill ya self??? Take a look in the mirror before u call me for what I’ve saud

• 299 leavemyarselona // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Spuggy i have just watched the press conferences thanks for that man im in stitches

• 300 Spuggy // Jul 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Cheers

• 301 Lee Dodd // Jul 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Andy Carroll wont go to west ham. Why make a backward move ?? Smoke Screen Some were !!!!!!!

• 302 Rotonda heights // Jul 30, 2012 at 9:17 PM

ibiza

i think that was someone else!!.

• 303 Brutooon // Jul 30, 2012 at 11:36 PM

We can buy Remy and Castaignos with the SAME price as Andy Carroll

Andy Carroll is OVERRATED.

Andy Carroll was never in a top 6 team (Either with us or with liverfool)

• 304 Brutooon // Jul 31, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Ibizatoon – Back by popular demand // Jul 30, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Actually its his SON

• 305 toonbarrmy // Jul 31, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Does anyone else not think we need a left back aswel?

• 306 nufc 11 // Jul 31, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Moussa Dembele of fulum would be my pick or if we really want to push the boat out Iker Munion frm Bilbao.

previous post: Alan Pardew Wins First Trophy For Newcastle – Kind Of