tallkSPORT has put out a report that says Inter Milan will win the race to sign Debuchy, but they offer no evidence of this, other than just saying that Newcastle have missed out on Mathieu.
Mathieu Debuchy – reports that Inter are likely to sign him
But this is contrary and flies in the face of all recent reports about the status of Debuchy, and only last Sunday Yohan Cabaye said that his friend wants to come to Newcastle, although a fee has not yet been agreed between Lille and Newcastle for the player.
The news in talkSPORT is that Lille have demanded £8.6M for Debuchy, while Newcastle have yet to offer more than £6.3M, and it’s supposed to be because of this impasse, that has opened the door for Inter Milan, who are preparing to offer Lille £6.6M plus add-ons to secure Debuchy’s signature.
We’re not sure how to react to this story, well we do – it’s simply not true.
If it is true, it will be the biggest shock of the transfer season so far, and after trolling the internet to get some back-up to the story we cannot find any news that corroborates this story – picky picky.
And indeed the only thing we found were some reports in Italy over the weekend that Inter-Milan had actually withdrew from the race for Debuchy.
The talkSPORT story is very short, and this one will be short too.
We simply don’t believe it.