Newcastle Edging Closer To Deal For French International

We had reported on Tuesday night that Newcastle had put in a bid of €6M (£4.8M) for Mathieu Debuchy with bonuses included, but that it had been rejected, and that Lille President Michel Seydoux wanted closer to €8M (£6.4M) without any bonuses, for the right-back and was awaiting a new bid by Newcastle.

Mathieu Debuchy – Newcastle getting closer

That was in Le 10 Sport and sure enough last night there was another report on the same web-site,  that Newcastle had made an improved bid for their number one transfer target.

This is what the report says, translated from the French about the new Newcastle bid:

“It has been revised upwards. While the first proposal of the Magpies was €6M, including bonuses, it is this time €6M, with a percentage for resale to the LOSC (Lille Olympique Sporting Club).

“In this way, Newcastle is approaching the amount requested by the President of Lille, Michel Seydoux , who wants €8M, excluding bonuses. With the percentage for resale, it is clear that Newcastle
is more or less at the bar set by the LOSC.”

“There is no evidence that Lille will accept the bid in the coming hours.”

Those two reports in successive days would suggest that Newcastle are moving in for Debuchy,  and slowly but surely are getting to a figure that will be accepted by Lille, but it’s certainly a a painful process, and not a quick one, that’s for sure.

But we are hoping that Newcastle will increase their bid sufficiently, so we can finally get Mathieu through the door, and hopefully at Newcastle by the weekend.

There seems no news that Inter-Milan are still interested in the player, and they could have ended their interest in Debuchy, with news all over the place that Mathieu wants to join Newcastle United, as his strong first choice.

That will definitely help Newcastle in their negotiations,  but don’t you want them to add one more million (euros) and get this thing over and done with?

We are hoping for a positive outcome on this move, and soon too.

What do you think?

Comments welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

• RonVanDam

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Lets get it done ashley. Dont let it drag for 3 months with nothing to show for

• darrenfletcher88

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I think am actually going to jump off the Tyne bridge,lads this transfer saga and pushed me to far!!!

• Novocastrian66

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Hope this deal is closed off before the weekend. One way or the other, hopefully with a positive outcome, so we can move on.

• Novocastrian66

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Divvent say that man Darren. There maybe one or two on here who would help you!

• RonVanDam

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Most deals now days with sort sort of bonuses attached to it. Didnt Leon bests deal have something similar if B/burn get promoted? C’on ashley – slap on another mil and get it done.

• RonVanDam

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Re-edited from 5

Most deals nowdays come with some sort of bonuses attached to it. Didnt Leon bests deal have something similar if B/burn get promoted? C’on ashley – slap on another mil and get it done.

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:40 AM

@Valci aye cost me a fotune in stamps sending all those packs to him!

On a side note is it to young to take a 4 yr old to a game? Really wanna take my lad to SJP this season and was wondering what the new family stand was like??

• theystillletmevote

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Maybe Mike could throw in a few freebies from his Sports Direct Empire to make up the difference 😀

• murvar

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:47 AM

You have to admire Lille’s approach – and I bet Ashley does! They know we want the player and that the player wants to come to us – so they hold all the cards and are milking it as best they can. Rather like Liverpool but without the embarrassment factor associated with Carroll…….

• Graeme

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:47 AM

I thought he was in TOON, waiting to have a medical today??

You mean that some of the info out there on NUFC is not true? I tell you, half the lies on here are just not true!! I’m gutted lol

• psutty80

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Let’s get him ‘over the line’ before the weekend, its been dragging on far too long. Get it done and move to the next target.

• Toon_Army

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:56 AM

These guys know what they are doing, to be honest I am quite happy we are no longer taken to the cleaners and wait patiently for the next bargain, if it’s not to be then we will surely move on to other targets.

I still feel the pain from the whole Michael Owen saga, I don’t think any team ever got stung that badly, he should join QPR with all the other Mercenary has beens.

Since Pardew arrived I am much more optimistic about transfers both in and out he definitely has a way with the Board.

• Papiss_Myself

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I hope they work out a deal this week. Not because it’s taken so long to get to this point but because every day this drags out it is one day less for Debuchy to train and gel with the team. No matter how good a player is he has to understand how the team plays together.
    Fingers crossed anyway
    HWTL

• Lee Dodd

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:59 AM

If mike ashley cant stump up £6m uk for Debuchey and is prepaired to couch up 3 times that amount for carroll then there is something sadly wrong here. we have got 3 good youngsters just need 3 quality senior platers . Debouchey Remy and Anita !! For the same cash as 1 Carroll !!!!

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:00 AM

what is €1M anyway these days – especially in the BPL – since £2M is just peanuts B-)

• Gateshead-Mag

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:02 AM

hahahaha a love all the different spellings of debuchy,debuchery, debouchey sure a seen a deboachy yesterday

• Valci

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Lee – look mate. I have no problem with your preferences but Remy is 15-20mil pound so around the same price as Carroll. You wont get those 3 players for what you think. The 9mil for Remy in the article the other day was wrong…just FYI.

• Toon73

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I’m just gonna keep on posting

Debuchy
    Anita
    Guidetti

until someone in the NUFC heirachy finally takes notice 🙂

Although, I’d take Toivenen in case Guidetti was unavailable.

• Toon_Army

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:27 AM

@15

1 Million is a lot if you don’t feel you are getting the correct deal for the club.

We did a lot of coughing up in the past and look how far it got us, (Relegated) it tricked down to the players that were only interested in the cash and not the football, when you “cough up” it sets the tone that other clubs can set any price they feel when it comes to “Newcastle” this mentality has most definitely changed our end and we are now trying to remove the moneybags stigma other clubs have about us now.

We now get good value for players we buy and long may that continue.

• wynsleap

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:30 AM

How embarrassingly penny pinching. I wonder what Debuchy thinks of all this?

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:35 AM

@Toon_Army

Don’t know if you didn’t get the sarcasm of my post or I just didn’t get yours B-)

• Toon73

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Probably wondering when the plane he boarded 3 weeks ago is about to land???

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I think he would be proud 😉

…maybe he thinks that show some good old value; you know something to be proud of!

…maybe he is wondering why LOSC is estimating his value so high when it seems no club will meet the valuation.

…maybe he find it funny that you could buy Krohn-Dehli six times for that price 😉

• Papiss_Myself

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Seriously.

Enough with the “whats a million quid” “stop penny pinching” crap.

My god, I don’t mean to judge but some of you just don’t have a flippin clue.

We have transfer budgets, books to balance. Do you want to go back the the Freddy Shephard days because I sure as hell don’t.

I agree it’s frustrating, I, as much as any Newcastle fan want to see bodies through the door but it has to be done properly.

GOD…. you all infurate me with you divy remarks sometimes. Christ, lets buy Messi for £100 million. I mean, whats a £100 million and a million pound a week wages these days.

Give yourselves a shake.

Rant over

Sorry if I have offended any of my fellow Geordies but it had to be said.

• Phil K

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Why just give in ? Lille won’t hang on to a clearly unhappy player, and they’ve got till end of August to try to squeeze another 2 mill. Lille are annoyed over Cabaye, and understandably so

• BonVoyageBenny

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Daniel Sturridge – 9 million.

• wynsleap

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Papiss-Myself – Ah…. another ‘accountant’.
    Try being a football fan for a change.

• croftus5678

Aug 2, 2012 at 10:45 AM

yep about time this came to an end i think the club would pay whatever is needed for him but want him as cheap as poss hence all the games.
    the only thing that scares me is all the attention is pretty much on 1 player and maybe our other main targets are slipping away from us now.

• giimps

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:02 AM

toonarmydownsouth
    I started taking my son when he was 4 to the games and my daughter when she was 6, the lad loved it (especially in the families enclosure before it was in l7, as the re was a “lounge” where only families were allowed , and xbox 360s to play if they get bored.
    My daughter was a little harder to manage but once I gave her a program and a pen so she could mark down red/yellow cards, goal scorers and times etc, she was fine.
    L7 families enclosure is still ok but more quiet than other areas in the ground but once we get going it is immense.
    Im lucky cos my 3 tickets are right down at the bottom of L7 looking straight over the pitch so my view is pretty much one of the best at the ground for a princely sum of £527 per season for the 3.
    Hope this helps and I would go for it
    HWTL

• SpaceGhost

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Dunno about u guys think but I feel once Debuchy signs for us, the only area we really need to address is the CB position. I’m hoping we get Douglas or Mbiwa. With Curtis waiting in the wing, defensively we are sorted.

Every other area in our 1st team are international level players with the exception of Saylor & Willo. Having said that, Anita & a top young ST such as Guidetti or Senegal’s Olimpic player, Moussa Kanoute will def take this already strong team to the next level

• Davey L

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:13 PM

cough up the money man ashley we need some senior players signed and fast

• Papiss_Myself

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:35 PM

wynsleap

I am a fan. One that loves this club so therefore I don’t want them to start making the same mistakes again.

If I wanted to support a club that throws money around carelesly I would support Liverpool, Man City or Chelsea. From your response I would suggest thats who you should support.

I, like the rest of the fans am becoming restless and I want some more signings so we can improve on our league position, compete in Europe and the cups. However it just shows how narrow minded some people can be when they start ranting about a million here and a million there like it’s nothing.
    Wake up and stop embarssing yourself.

• wynsleap

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Papiss – After nearly 50 years of watching the Toon don’t think I’ll be switching over to those clubs now.
    A million here and there is not nothing, I agree, but losing a player you REALLY need (and want?) for the sake of a million seems crazy and short sighted.
    We did that for Neil Taylor and I reckon that lad will go for a big fee sometime very soon.
    Sometimes you have to bite the bullet to get what you really want or are we too macho for that now?
    After all we’re not THAT hard up are we that we can’t just bend for once? We’ve already raked in a new £10m sponsorship, around £5m for outgoing players, incoming TV money and a new improved Premier League deal.
    If we really, really need Debuchy get him out of that and buy nobody else if we’re that desperate to save (or should that be make) money.

• Papiss_Myself

Aug 2, 2012 at 4:03 PM

wynsleap

I see your point and I meant not offence. I’m just like you, a frustrated fan that wants the club to do well. But I also think we have to stick by our guns, if we back down then other clubs that we want to deal with will see this as a weakness and try to exploit the situation.

At the end of the day no matter what we say wont change a thing. Fingers crossed we sign Debuchy soon, and some other first team players as well.

• wynsleap

Aug 2, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Papiss – No offence taken mate. I think we’re all getting frustrated by this window.
    I just don’t want to see us being regarded as so hard nosed at negotiating, clubs will think we’re not worth the bother when we go calling again.
    Your last sentence, however, sums it up nicely.