Second Interview With Curtis Good – It Seems So Surreal

Curtis Good had an impressive game last night for a Newcastle eleven, who won 4-1 win over Gateshead at the International Stadium, and that’s impressive, given it was the lad’s first game for a while, as he waited for the transfer to come through,  and he arrived on Tyneside a full week ago.

Curtis Good – the move was finally done

The Magpies’ third summer signing of the season wasted no time in playing for Newcastle, and he will likely get a  run out in Holland on Saturday afternoon when Newcastle take on Den Haag at 5:00 pm.

Last night Good looked very steady at the back, and he is a good technical player with good skills on the ball, and of course he’s left footed, not unlike former Newcastle center-back Sebastien Bassong.

Good has spoken to the Evening Chronicle today, after giving his first interview on the Newcastle United web-site last night – here’s what the young Australian had to say:

“I watched the Premier League all of the time.” “So to be here as a Newcastle player in the black and white stripes – it is surreal almost.”

“Me and my mates watched it all the time back home. It is an unbelievable feeling to be here.” “It has dragged on for a while but it has happened. It’s about hard work now.”

“It was good to feel so welcome. I was here for two weeks and I didn’t know how it had went.”  “Then I was told they wanted me and it was a great feeling, I just couldn’t wait to get over here.”

“There were problems with visas and stuff like that, but we have got there in the end.”  “I came to Newcastle last Thursday so it has been some week.”

“I couldn’t train when I first got here because everything hadn’t been pushed through.”  “However, everything has cleared now.”  “I hadn’t played since the end of the A-League season.”

“I used to be a central midfielder but once I grew to 6ft they put me at the back.”  “I’ve played under a Dutch coach who are pretty keen on playing from the back.”

“It was a good feeling  last night,  and to get a 4-1 win in your first game.”  “I just want to help the team get as far as they can go. Hopefully that will be a bit further than last year”

“It was a relief because I haven’t played for a while. It was good to be out there again.”  “I’ve been told the sense of humor is the same as in Australia and I’ve been listening carefully.”

“Once I pick up on the accent hopefully I can join in.”

Good got a great reception last night from the Geordie faithful who were at the game – there were over 1,000 fans  at the game – and Curtis was very appreciative of that.

The youngster seems to have an excellent temperament, and he wasn’t fazed at all last season, his first in the A-League, when he became first choice at the Heart and played in 25 games.

And if this lad’s as good as we think he is, he could be a big success story on Tyneside – and maybe this season too.

What do you think?

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Ibiza would it help if i fed you trivial bits of breaking news from my day? I’ll give it a crack for you

TADS BREAKING NEWS
    Tads source can reveal we believe that tads has put the kettle on and the board are optimistic he can have the brew completed very soon
    More to folllow…….

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Tads…Get that beverage over the line mate. If you would of only had shelled out that extra bit of money you could of got a better kettle. One that could boil quicker. You’ve messed up the whole morning by being a tight ass.

TADS OUT!

• Markaccus

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Just don’t work for the daily mail, tads. Or they will claim your cuppa is signing for barcelona or something!
    If you have read their report on santon leaving, I posted the comment at 8:13 about elvis, shergar and lord lucan. I couldn’t resist. Daily fail bell ends!

• Markaccus

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:23 AM

After all, a good cuppa goes well with a bag of 2M pound peanuts!

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:24 AM

TADS BREAKING NEWS
    Any chance of the brew being “over the line” have been demolished by some suspect milk

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Ah man. Using cheap milk. Really should be better prepared than this. Surely they know milk is going to be needed to get this over the line. Clueless.

TADS OUT!

• Markaccus

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Does that mean you will have to switch to your secondary target? Visit-to-costa-or-starbucks?

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:26 AM

IBIZA

MFH BREAKING NEWS
    MFH source can reveal coffee is made and being supped with Rich Tea biscuits. A spokesman said.”Get that down yer neck, we’ve got to go out now”.
    The Board want the JCB repaired this afternoon. More to follow.
    MTF

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Had to settle for black coffee not happy

Also who put that didgy photo of debuchy at the airport up last night! He didnt even have legs FFS!!!

• Markaccus

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Oh well, I think I will join in…. MARKACCUS’ breaking news: the sarnie van has been seen in the area, and we are hoping to do a deal with the lass who drives it for a kitkat and a bottle of ribena. More to follow….

• AMEOBI

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Wow really haha, on about brew and coffee? I’m dying for a tea now!

Curtis seems a canny lad, few years he’ll catch up with the accent can’t wait to hear a aussie geordie 😀
    Seen the goals from last night none of ours were bad beuty header from that lad mind

• Markaccus

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Black coffee? That’s not the quality we need to kick on! TADS OUT!

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Uh oh i think i might of started something here!
    More to follow……

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Not sure how these updates are supposed to help me, but cheers guys. I appreciate the effort 🙂

Breaking News: It would seem it’s breakfast time in Newcastle.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Mark..Is your real name John Terry?

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Marakaccus

Stottie alert ?

• AMEOBI

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Ibiza haha that’s quality 😀

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Ibiza its all about distraction!!
    Just relised i got first, kinda suprised me i thought indian magpie was normally hiding in a bush waiting to pounce on all firsts?

• Markaccus

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Ibiza, yes a called tads’ drink abc- a black coffee!
    Mfh nah we have plenty of stottie back up, we’re looking to strengthen elsewhere.
    Update: uefa veto’d the kitkat, it would have taken us over the none-home grown buscuit quota. Had to settle for the ribena.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Breaking News…Sources have reason to believe TADS is holding Indian Magpie prisoner in order to get first spot on the blog. Updates to follow shortly…

Ameobi…I do what I can 🙂

• Partizan

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:35 PM

BREAKING NEWS….I got a date with a hot model tonight 😉

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Shame about Scharner. Would’ve been a good signing.

• Graeme

Aug 2, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Partizan – Airfix, Corgi. Dinky or Triang??