This Lad Could Soon Be Big Star On Tyneside

The youngster who has impressed us most in pre-season so far is 18 year-old Gael Bigirimana, who signed from Coventry City for around £1M a few weeks back, and that’s because we didn’t realize this lad was already so good, although he came with great credentials to Tyneside.

Gael Bigirimana – could soon become top player at Newcastle

And Gael was one of the youngsters who really caught the eye last night at the International Stadium in Newcastle’s 4-1 win over Gateshead, but  he’s caught the eye every time he’s played for the Newcastle first team in pre-season, and when he’s replaced Cheick Tiote Newcastle seem to play the same without missing a beat, and that’s great credit to the youngster.

Newcastle’s Assistant manager John Carver was in the stands to watch the youngsters last night and no doubt will let the manager know that Bigirimana, Amalfitano, Tavernier, Good and Abeid all looked very good.

Gael has been interviewed in the Evening Chronicle today and this is what he had to say:

“I hope to learn from them. I want to keep learning from different players.”  “If we all keep our heads down and focus on one thing – our football – and try to learn what the manager and staff says, you never know what can happen this season.”

“Whether it was with the reserves or first team, I just want to play and improve.”  “It’s really good playing with these boys, as they’re my age. I want to get to know them.”   “I haven’t played with the reserve team before.”

“So it was really good to play with them, get to know them and get 90 minutes under my belt.”  “It was a good work-out for us.”

This lad could develop very quickly this season  at Newcastle, and he has the makings of being a top player for Newcastle in the future – the near future.

For the record he made 28 appearances in all competitions for Coventry City.

Alan Pardew must be delighted with the form shown by his youngsters in pre-season, including Bigirimana, Abeid, Amafitano, Tarvernier, Vuckic  and Sammy Ameobi – and we didn’t even mention 20 year-old Welsh defender Paul Dumnmett.

It all augers well for the future.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

• Markaccus

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:42 AM

First, shola is rubbish, pay 1000000000 for a player (indian magpie attack)

• rich_toonfan

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:42 AM

This kid will surely be in the first team squad right away and get some starts. He has looked brilliant in pre season and can only get better.

Him and tiote will allow cabaye to be free in a more advanced role.

An we still have Jonas, amal and abeid in there for cover to those guys. And gosling too.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Reading between the lines, we’re selling our first team squad and will field the reserve team this season.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Joking aside, kid looks class. Looking forward to seeing him get some action with the first team this season and perhaps taking the Europa League by storm. HWTL

• Markaccus

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:46 AM

@ibiza….and scharner. Don’t forget scharner. We’re playing our kids AND scharner.

• pbNcl

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Mike ashley seen personally flying to germany to wrap up scharner deal. The billionaire will throw 40m at the deal to bring the youthful all-rounder to the club.

Happy days

• rich_toonfan

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Ibiza

That’s fine with me, I like the reserves, they are pretty good.

Who needs cisse, cabaye and collo when we have sammy, abeid and good.

• BenbulbenMag

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:47 AM

It looks like there are a few of these lads who will be fast tracked into the team this season.

Gael has definitely stood out in all the reports of the preseason matches so far (I haven’t been able to see any of them:(

It could be a little bit like Man Utd all those seasons ago when it was said that “kids will win you nothing”, well fingers crossed.

• Paps

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Im buzzing for the europa league. wonder if we’ll find another sibierski

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Bigi looks sheer class great spot by our scouts really think he will push first team!

Also think i need to defend my good name
    I have not kidnapped indian magpie theres simply no room in my basement next to debuchy
    Im sorry lads but until my signed life size cardboard copy comes from the club they wont be completing the deal, your move mike

Now if youll excuse mathieu needs to learn he puts the lotion on his skin or else he gets the hose again! 😉

• Paps

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Im buzzing for the europa league. wonder if well find another sibierski

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:51 AM

JT…Sorry, forgot Scharner. It’s a bit like believing Messi is going to sign, you know. Just don’t want to get my hopes built up.

Wonder if NUFC will do a Scharner duvet set?

• Markaccus

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Quid pro quo, toonarmydownsouth, quid pro quo.

• Grafton83

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Looking good in a preseason is very different to looking good in a competative match. I think we’ve purchased some good youngsters but some people are expecting much too much too soon. I’m not trying to be overly negative I’m just saying lets not get to carried away just yet.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Hose him! Hose him!

• Markaccus

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:53 AM

@ibiza. My god, if they do, I wouldn’t want to be the one to wash ketsbaias sheets! D:

• Gateshead-Mag

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM

ibizatoon

sharner duvet set now that would be a bed to bring a woman back to

• rainrix

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Has everyone seen that harry redknapp advert that keeps popping up on the side of the blog? He looks incredibly uncomfortable, JOY!

• pbNcl

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:56 AM

If I had a scharner bed sheet I have no shame in saying I would have a man-party with it

I would even drink wine and lower the lights, you know set the mood. Then ravish my hero with everything my soul could give. Make a reet mess I would

• Gateshead-Mag

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:00 PM

hahahaha

here man this sharner talk has to stop!!

i think im actually getting a man crush on him now which is frowned upon (unless its cabaye)

lack of transfer activity turned us all into obssesive compulsive sharners…..i mean nutters

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:01 PM

🙂

• Conaldo

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:02 PM

ha rainrix… he looks like his face is about to start falling off. so normal really. cant stand him, glad hes out of work. vile cockney. (no offense to any of our cockney geordie brothers)

• pardews plan B

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:02 PM

If i had a scharner for every time he was mentioned on this blog id have a pleasure overload

• Conaldo

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:04 PM

anyway enough of this scharner talk. has wor heskey gone to the mackems yet?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:04 PM

No offense taken. The fact you needed to add the “vile”, means not all cockneys are. As you were good sir, as you were.

• mr.guilfoyle@hotmail.co.uk

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:06 PM

look at the individual ages of the players listed at the end of your article ed. add tim krul, maybe shane ferguson, davide santon, michael richardson, and maybe for once, we`re evolving the spine of the team so that all we ever need to do is tweak. mint

• rainrix

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Conaldo Honestly i wouldn’t be surprised to see him on soccer saturday this season if he’s still out of work.

• Conaldo

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Rainrix – he could do punditry with his son. That would be awful. a crime against humanity – neither of them have a clue what they’re talking about.
    remember Jamie redknapp saying Cisse could only score tap ins or something.

• AshtreeKid

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:16 PM

it really annoys me when pundits dont know what they are talking about but just say whatever they are saying confidently – against Braga the commentator said that Cisse was our usual penalty taker!

• rainrix

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Hopefully it would be so bad that time itself renders asunder and ends our universe. A better alternative than watching such horror.

• Conaldo

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:21 PM

haha yeah ashtree – the ESPN commentators are awfull. one of the guys on their reminds me of the pundit from one of the old fast show sketches. they should be made to take a test or something, or hold an ‘I-promise-I-won’t-spew-utter-bull’ liscence. they can get pretty annoying sometimes like.

• Conaldo

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:21 PM

rainrix – one can only hope…

• pardews plan B

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Todays childhood footballer of the day is marc hottiger

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I made what I thought was a sensible post earlier today and received f all back, so in a last attempt to be a good poster, I shall try again.

So, question time. If Simmo is really only valued around £2m (a.k.a. Peanuts), should we not keep him and let him run down his contract and have him as an option this year even if Debuchy arrives? Thoughts…

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Ibiza we should keep simmo, what happens if we sign debuchy and, heaven forbid, hes sh1t?!?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Ok then, experiment time.

Guys! I’ve just seen Scharner arrive at Newcastle airport!

• Gateshead-Mag

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:36 PM

you get a pic??

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:36 PM

whoops… 🙂

Tads.. I agree. It might take him a while to settle, we’ve got extra games, etc etc.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand