Debuchy Demands Meeting With Lille President – Wants Out

News today that Newcastle target Mathieu Debuchy wants clarification on the position of his proposed transfer to Newcastle United, after their President Michel Seydoux has effectively pulled the plug on his potential move to Tyneside, because Newcastle have not offered enough money to meet the French club’s valuation of their player.

Mathieu Debuchy – not happy

This is the first reaction we have heard from the player himself, about the current situation, and the French web-site Le 10 Sport is reporting this morning that Mathieu Debuchy does not understand the decision made by Lille, and maybe he just doesn’t want to understand it.

But the news about the French right-back is that he has left a message for the Lille President to get back to him,  and explain what the position is on his proposed move to Newcastle.

He still seems desperate to make the move, although this thing seems to have dragged on a couple of years now – or so it seems. 😀

Mathieu  said today that he just doesn’t  understand the decision made by his club  of nine years – this is what he said:

” I called the President and I left him a message, to ask him to clarify the situation for me.” “I do not understand.”  “One day they told me they cannot let me go because the club did not find my successor.”

“Another day because the offer is insufficient from Newcastle. One day it is the coach who is blocking me, and the next day it is the President.”

“I am still determined to find something else, another experience, and I would like to speak with the President to make it clear between us.”

Lille are definitely playing hard ball with Newcastle and haven’t  forgotten how we  got Yohan Cabaye, Debuchy’s best pal,  last summer for only €5M, and they want more money (much more) this time for Debuchy.

Mathieu Debuchy does not seem to be too happy with last night’s developments, and given he has set his heart on joining Newcastle, we can understand that.

And the saga goes on.

Comments welcome.

• Rake

Aug 3, 2012 at 9:57 AM

The plot thickens….

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 3, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Is anyone joining/creating a mini-league for the Fantasy Premier League? http://fantasy.premierleague.com

If not, I’ll create a mini-league if anyone is interested?

• geordie157

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Shame Lille don’t want Simpson, 5mill plus Simo sorted. if only life was as simple as football manager.

• voodoo85

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM

thats the worst thing about this from debuchy point of view. if they had said all along “we wont sell you until someone bids 7mil” then fair enough but to keep changing the reason would unsettle the player even more

i can see a transfer request coming or some other development by monday

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I can see why Lille are peeved at losing Cabaye for the figures mentioned, however, they did agree to his contract, hardly our fault for exposing it.

For all those who thought this one was buried, I say fasten your seat-belts, this is gonna be a bumpy ride.

• danuneek

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Whether we get him or not, I don’t see Lille doing business with us again!

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:02 AM

TDS…Some have already posted some fantasy league links and pins etc. Haven’t seen Ed release one yet.

Biding my time, have no energy to join more than 1 🙂

• Eyeball81

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I love reading the blog…it helps me get through the day…but im starting to tire of the debuchy saga…this isnt me being a negger…like debuchy he just wants a decision and so do I…th minute he signs ill be happy this is over and we can concentrate on getting the next body in. Hahah knowing my luck we’ll run straight into the Anita saga hahah

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Actually TDS…I may be wrong…see Papiss post on previous thread 🙂

• Constanstine

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I don’t blame their president, 8m for Debuchy is not overpriced. We got so close to seal the deal but our club still play around. The season is coming up and if we manage to get him, he’ll have little time to settle. If he doesn’t, I’m sure it will piss Cabaye badly.

• Londtoon

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Twist his arm debuchy! Good for nothing president! It is good to see players want to play for us. Debuchy, Carroll and supposedly Anita. Let’s hope we can actually get some in!

• AMEOBI

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Development by monday?
    This will be sorted by 3pm today mate, 9years at lille wants new experience..

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Ameobi…Are you tranny sage? 🙂

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Ibiza – Cheers. I think Ed did the Metro one last year, but I’ve been in the official one for about the last 5 years. Need the league code to enter the league Papiss suggested though.

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Ibiza – As for energy…I agree, I’m not creating a team with more than one site. But at least with the official one, you can join up to 15 private leagues with the same team.

• Papiss9

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I’ll try to find the league code. Those who made the should have it?

• AMEOBI

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Ibiza, wish I was mate haha. Think about it though had 3 different “developments” within 24hours gunna have further on it by 3pm, reckon? Maybe a transfer request?

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:09 AM

TDS…When you get it, let me know. Joined a mini league with some friends back home last season. Fancy trying my luck against the minds of the blog this time around 🙂

• Harley

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Oh my god, is this still going on?!
    This has got to be the most drawn out transfer in history. It makes the gameiro fiasco seem like kids play.
    I cannot see this deal happening until deadline day (if it does at all)!!

• geordie157

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:10 AM

If we do bring back Carroll, i don’t mind him returning. But i worry it will cost us a signing, ie if we signed Carroll for 15mill and Debuchy for 6.5, that might be the budget used up.

We must sign a centre back, even if its maybe a lesser know one like Gouweleeuw.

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Ameobi….One day you’ll reach the dizzy heights Tranny Sage finds himself at…don’t give up hope 🙂

I would imagine there will be some news today and 3pm sounds as good as any other time. So sure, 3pm people…watch this space!

TDS…That’s useful…Best get planning my team then…don’t want to be seen to be dragging my feet, my fans may become restless!

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Geordie157…Is that a real player? Sounds a bit more like a Spanish commentator celebrating a goal 🙂

• AMEOBI

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Aye haha, this league I’ll join like just sort the code out.. May sound as sad as goes but like I play that soccermanager haha its a beast!

• Les Grossman

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Fantasy league??
    Fitting considering alot of you fekstix play it daily on here……………ahahahah
    😉

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:16 AM

soccermanager? Do enlighten me.

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Les….Hopefully it’ll keep some of us busy enough to keep it off the blog? Wouldn’t get your hopes up mind.

• loztoon

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:18 AM

All the contributors saying this will unsettle Cabaye are talking c**p.Players don’t control transfer policy.Cabaye will carry on in the totally professional way he always has…

• geordie157

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Haha yeah it does a bit, he’s a 20yr old Dutch centre back, very composed on the ball, plays for Heerenveen. Seen him a few times and he’s looked good

• hatemcisse

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Simpson is a quality player

• AMEOBI

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Enlighten you, I just have? 😉

• Toon73

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I can sense a transfer request coming up

Anita and Toivenen to follow.

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Geordie157…Fair enough. I’ve obviously never heard of him 🙂

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Ameobi…I shall research on the internet then 🙂 Am I too assume it’s an online game?

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Ibiza – Sure will. Papiss says there’s about 40 people on there so far, presumably mostly from the blog. I’ve got a team already and in a league with some mates, plus another league that a mate entered me into. Would be good to have a bit of banter on here about it too!

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:23 AM

€8m is £6.5m….
    Now how much was Enrique worth ?
    Debuchy has to be a similar sum…within €1m or £750,000.

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:24 AM

TDS….Banter or constant battles? Seems to be thin line these days.

• AMEOBI

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Debuchy, Anita and some unknown striker is on my cards, well some striker I aint heard of haha

• Beattie25

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM

After all this we will probably sign him and he’ll be crap and we will all scream what a waste of money and he will cost us a top 8 finish this season.

• theystillletmevote

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Cockney Mike seems to have really wound the Lille President right up.

Has he been making the offers in a ridiculous “Clouseau/’Allo, ‘Allo” type accent per’aps and saying:
    ” listen very carefully
    …I shall say this only once…” ??

Perhaps when we pinch Carrol back at 70% off
    (Sports Direct’s favourite “discount”) percentage he’ll bring Enrique back with him..
    and not just as goalkeeping cover… 😛

• AMEOBI

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Ibiza,
    Its soccermanager.com aye its an online management game bitta fun for when I’m at home, gunna pop out buy FM12 today like see everyone slavering on about it all the time lol