Pardew – We Will Keep All Our Top Players This Summer

The Newcastle manager Alan Pardew was interviewed yesterday, before the 0-0 draw at Den Haag last night, and he thinks the transfer market has been good for Newcastle so far, because we haven’t lost any of our top players yet, and are unlikely to do so.

Alan Pardew – still confident on transfer front

It’s now 13 days (unlucky for some) until Newcastle kick of their season in the Premier League with a tough home game against Tottenham Hotspur, who have a new manager in former Chelsea and Porto boss André Villas-Boas.

It seems that Newcastle are still interested in bringing Mathieu Debuchy in from Lille, but Andy Carroll would appear to be too expensive, and of course Ajax have offered Newcastle target Vurnon Anita a new deal to stay at the Dutch Champions.

But there seems no panic going on at Newcastle with no senior players through the door yet, as Alan had this to say yesterday:

“I don’t know if not signing anyone is bad news.” “I would say that bad news is losing a player, especially one of our top players and I do believe we are pretty strong in terms of that not happening.”

“We are in a situation wherein we can hold off any offers that come our way.” “But if we get players in then great. I do need a couple of players, maybe three.”

“However, I am very comfortable about going into our first game without any. If, to get a deal done, we need to show patience then that’s what we will do.” “It’s better to be patient with the ones that you want, rather than going down the list a little bit.”

“I think I have a pretty strong idea what my strongest team is at the moment. But that can change.”  “I had got another look at the players against Den Haag and now we have Hartlepool on Tuesday night and then onto Cardiff on Saturday.”

“That will be our last game before we play Tottenham.”   “These final three games of pre-season will help finalize my mind.”

Alan seems to have a good idea what his starting eleven will be against Tottenham, and it was interesting last night that Ryan Taylor was at right-back instead of Danny Simpson, and we think Danny will be on his way as soon as a new right back comes in.

Until that right back arrives,  Ryan has a chance to start in the first team at right back, and of course he brings a lot to the team,  and his corners in yesterday’s game were first class, and set up a few chances for Newcastle.

The other player Newcastle have been linked with is Brazilian center-back Douglas of FC Twente, but we have no idea what the current status of that potential deal is.

But it’s still possible for the Magpies to bring in three top players this summer, and we should probably judge our transfer dealings when the window closes on Monday, September 2nd.

There’s still time for it to be another good summer for Newcastle.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

• Toonboy_84

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I think someone hit the nail on the head earlier about deadline day. It’s gonna be fun!

• davybtoon

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I think it’s been a great window so far we’ve added 3 quality young players, we’ve lost no one, weve bulked our squad up by making fergie, sammi, tav, abeid n Vukic full first teamers and come sept 1st we will hav 3 new players to add to it, yes we would all like them in for spurs but clubs are playing hardball there is still 2 weeks till then so everyone CHILL OUT

• Toonboy_84

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Oh and……….FIRST!

I dedicate this to the hopefully looking from a distance, Indian Magpie!

• eaststandgeordie1982

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Good words again by mr pardew, agree with davy it has been a good window, remember good things come to those who wait so lets sit tight and see what the powers that be will bring in.

• Toonboy_84

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM

To all those saying chill out, good window. I am calm. It’s just if we don’t sign anyone today I’m gonna start supporting the scum, nob my sister and cut my self after.

PARDS OUT, ASH OUT!!!

😉

• davybtoon

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I am actually starting to believe we will get Andy Carroll back fat Sam says west ham won’t get him, Liverpool don’t want him so it only leaves us

• davybtoon

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Oh yes we’ve all been wrapped in transfer saga we’ve missed the fact the scum have been totally crap in pre season haha

• eaststandgeordie1982

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Davy i would rather see all that money go on our defence and maybe a midfielder than on one player, but if we can get all of them then thats fine by me

• Toonboy_84

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:46 AM

All joking aside, I will judge the window at the end of it. I’m not disappointed yet. The priority was to not lose anyone really.

• Toonboy_84

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Oh no Davy, don’t start the Carroll debate again. The blog will implode!

• Toonboi4EVA

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM

TOONBOY_84- U REALLY ARE A FIRST CLASS MUPPET

• Whistler

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I don’t see anything in what Pardew has said there that suggests he thinks that the transfer window has been good because we’ve not lost our best players….guilty of a little ‘Daily Mail journalism’ there Ed…..

There’ll be those that disagree, but for me; as a financially sound top 6 side (credit to MA), keeping our best players should now go without saying and warrants no praise….

Signing 1 or 2 players of genuine quality to improve the first team would warrant credit however, and would demonstrate that MA’s ambition matches that of the fans….ill wait until the transfer window closes to make judgement on this and live in hope ’til then…..

• BelfastMagpie87

Aug 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM

We need to get more players in like.

A few injuries in defence & up front we’ll struggle.

Not being negative,just telling it,how it is…

• jimmymagpie

Aug 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Davy @ 7 – so have we, didn’t you see that garbage yesterday? One point you’re all missing is that the one area that Pardew said was essential to strenghten was defence, especially centre-back. Unless you count the inexperienced Aussie, where are the defenders?

• PW

Aug 5, 2012 at 12:19 PM

this is a joke of a transfer window so far! We obviously have money to spend! People forget all the AC money wasnt re-invested. If theres any ashley arse lickers or ‘accountants’ who thinks it was then tell me how! Last summer we sold to buy! Yu na it really annoys me how people still fall for the lies of the nufc heirarchy! Putting in embarrasingly low, and insulting bids for players that they know will be instantly knocked back so they can say ”well at least we tried but we just couldnt get 1 or 2 over the line!” Fortunatley i have a lot of faith in Pardew and there is clearly a great team spirit which should see us finish up and around the european places. Unfortunatley i feel our owner dosent have the ambition to move to the nxt level! I would love us to challenge full strength for all 4 competitions but there is nowhere near enough squad depth to do that! Were asking a lot of the reserves! Signing 3 reserve team players is nowhere near good enough to me and pardew clearly isnt happy when he keeps coming out with negative comments like ‘it will be a good transfer window if we dont loose anybody’! How negative is that?? When i spend my hard earned money on watching my team every week then i want to see the best possible team on the pitch all and i ask for is 1 player! 1 ****ing player! Debuchy is desperate to come! All the toon fans are desperate for him to come! He would add another dimension to our game that simpson isnt capable of! 1 bloke letting us down! Guess who?

• bills-son

Aug 5, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Whistler @ 12 – Signing 1 or 2 players of genuine quality to improve the first team would warrant credit however, and would demonstrate that MA’s ambition matches that of the fans.

Eh? MA has shown his ambition by 1) Signing Cisse for £9M 2) Giving Krul, Tiote, Collo and STaylor long term contracts 3) Setting up a scouting system that is the envy of the Prem 4) Not selling any of our top players in the last 3 windows 5) Making a £13M offer to bring AC back.

I just cannot understand any fan who still questions MA’s ambition and commitment to NUFC. Absolutely ridiculous to think otherwise.

PS. Where is solano to answer his prediction that MA would flog off at least 3/4 of our top players this summer? Has any NUFC fan EVER been so consistently wrong as solano?

• bills-son

Aug 5, 2012 at 12:21 PM

PW @ 15

Are you solano in disguise?

• PW

Aug 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

bills-son its just my opinion. Im not solano. Im a very very frustrated and worried toon fan knowing that Gareth Bale will be facing simpson when he should be facing debuchy! Im sick of the club putting in pathetic bids that come nowhere near clubs valuations. It seems quite deliberate to me. The top teams (we are fortunatley 1 of those again) dont get bargains like we got. Now were on the radar we will have to over pay or wait for bosman deals. Top teams make more money thats why everyone ups the price. It was well publicised last year that we were very strong financially so its obvious that teams will hold out for more cash! Thats what happened to us under shepherd we had to overpay. And as for these ”accountants” who keep banging on about ‘balancing the books’ and keep complaining about the money that was wasted under shepherd, were probably the same people who were screaming for them to spend money in the first place! Fickle Hypocrites! I agree that money was wasted badly when you look back but i would expect our current scouting network to do a much better job at recruting players if there was big money available. Clearly these ”accountants” have no faith in pardew and carr to spend money because they (unbelievably) dont want the club to spend big! I have a lot of faith in pardew and carr. Maybe certain people should get back to being footie fans instead of thinking there accountants because they know f*ck all about accounts, and they think there experts! With the huge 70% rise in revenue the pl has from nxt year, all the clubs will be making much more money, with ashley creaming millions and millions per year out of our club instead of investing i cant wait for these fickle accountants to climb back out of ashleys backside and turn on him again! Lets face it, its only a matter of time before he drops another PR disaster and p*sses the fans off AGAIN!!

• Scouse_geordie

Aug 5, 2012 at 2:35 PM

@pw- your worried about bale coming up against simpson? I’m sorry mate but I’m not sure why you think Debuchy is a better defensive player, he is a very good attacking minded wing back but looks very normal defensively.i hope we get him but again its not for his defensive qualities.

As for ashley and how he goes about his transfes, I’m glad he can walk away from transfers.all it takes is for one moment of weakness and us overpaying for one player before all clubs think they can wrangle an extra few million each time. he had shown if the player is really worth it he will pay out (cisse)and you only have to look at the performances from the guys who have come in to know we are buying the right sort of players.in fact in almost all transfer dealings over the last few windows we have come out on top, so how anyone can question the way we do business is beyond me. And yes for us fans it can be frustrating, but its rather that than expensive mistakes eg messrs owen, boumsong,xisco et al

• Whistler

Aug 5, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Bills-son

Do you really want to go there again after you embarassed yourself last time? Why put yourself through it?

You claimed some time ago that Mike Ashley’s ambition matched that of the fans…I said let’s wait and see at the end of the transfer window and then we’ll know. Maybe it will, maybe it wont….but alas your love of MA has blinded your perspective….

so let’s look at what you’ve just said………
    1) signing Cisse for 9m shows MA’s ambition…..does it really now? was Cisse not a replacement for our previous centre forward then? So is that not a 1 in 1 out situation with 26m English pounds trousered by MA? If he’d signed Cisse to play WITH Carroll then id have said yep, thats ambition…but he didnt did he!

1-0 to Whistler

2) Giving Krul, etc long term contracts demonstrates ambition…….oh does it now!? lol you’re confusing simple common sense with ambition I think. Retaining what is already yours does not constitute ambition for a club in our position…maybe for a lower league side it does; but not us. The word ‘ambition’ by definition infers progression; standing still is not progression my deluded fellow

2-0 to Whistler

3) setting up a scouting system that is the envy of the premiership……….is it? I dont know…..none of the Premiership managers I know of have mentioned this in interviews, on what do you base this? or has this premise evolved in your own little world where MA is King and wears a leather thong? Oh, and by the way….it was Chris Hughton that brought Graham Carr to the club….not MA

3-0 to Whistler

4) Not selling any of our top players in the last few windows…..seriously??? do I need to answer that? any self respecting top 6 club which is financially sound SHOULD NOT be selling their best players; I give no credit whatsoever for a so-called top team simply retaining personnel…this is not ambition! Let’s be clear….ambition is progression!

4-0 to Whistler…there’s people on the pitch they think its all over!

5) We’ve bid 13m for Andy Carroll……have we? Really? How do you know? Are you involved in board level conversations? Or maybe there’s been pillow talk between you and big Mike? Bottom line is that you have no idea and nor do I.

5-0 to Whistler

and I’ll reiterate…..hopefully MA will show the same ambition as me and countless others with 1 or 2 first team signings of genuine quality but theres time to judge this still………

Now dry your eyes, stop wanking over Mike and wait until the transfer window closes to open your mouth to me….

• Whistler

Aug 5, 2012 at 5:30 PM

lol @ Bills son

Fool…….

• solano

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Did Solano really predict we would sell 3/4 of our top players this Summer? Really?
    Ultra-Frugal plans limit the realisation of potential. Surely if Graham Carr identifies the players, then the board owe Pardew the courtesy of some backing to build upon his tremendous managerial feats of last season.
    Whistler and PW can see it….unfortunately Bills, being the whinnet you are,you cannot see out of Mike’s cavity!