Captain Coloccini Will Be Immense Again For Newcastle

Fabricio Coloccini, the Newcastle captain has been in terrific form in pre-season for Newcastle, and of course has been called back into the Argentine squad for their game in Frankfurt against Germany on Wednesday, 15th August, and on Saturday he again strolled through the game and looked great at the back for the Magpies.

Alan Pardew acknowledges Newcastle fans on Saturday

Alan Pardew was pleased enough with the overall performance on Saturday night, other than we failed to take our chances to win the game, but he has singled out Tim Krul, Colo and his Argentine International team-mate Jonas Gutierrez for some praise this morning,  in the Newcastle Journal:

“Fabricio Coloccini is just immense for us. On Saturday, he just looked like himself, which is a top centre-half. So I’m happy with that.

“Tim Krul looked like Tim, if you know what I mean, as did Jonas Gutierrez who was really sharp as well. We can’t do as much as we want to without these guys in the team and playing well.”

“We need them to be fit and in the team all season.”

Fabricio had an excellent season last term for Newcastle, and he made the Premier League Team of the Season, and it looks like he’s all ready for another stellar season on Tyneside, leading the club forward, hopefully to bigger and better things in the future.

The big disappointment at the game on Saturday was that three of our best players, Cheick Tiote, Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse were subjected to racial chanting by the Den Haag fans, and Newcastle said yesterday they would investigate the matter privately with the Den Haag club.

We don’t know if some of Newcastle’s other top players like Yohan Cabaye and Ben Arfa will get some playing time at Hartlepool tomorrow night, but they probably need to play in both of the last two pre-season games to ensure they are fit enough for the first tough game of the season against Spurs at St. James’ Park in 12 days time.

The summer seems to have flown over.

Comments welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

• Markaccus

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Got to keep colo fit, huge player for us. We also still need another cb as cover

• LGFUAD21

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Havent posted much during silly season. But there has been too mch to read, process and speculate on.

My main worry is the lack of first team signings. I think we need to spend about £20-23m if we are to keep up and cement ourselves in the league. Thats £20m on first teamers that and another £2-3m on development players with a view to break into the first team in 1-2 seasons time.

The problem is that if we fail to achieve this seasons then all of our progress will be for nothing. These key players will leave and it’ll be a case of settle for mediocrity or rebuild once again. And as this window has shown. We were very lucky to get those deals last summer.

I full support the policy but you have to think the purse strings are being held a tad tight. For example €2m extra for Debuchy? thats nothing in football terms. We have a budget, we are yet to really use, why are we so scared to dig a little deeper for a top RB.

Cabaye’s, Tiote’s and Ba’s are lovely signings and those prices but if you want to compete with Chelski, Manure, Citeh, Arsenal, Spurs then you have to expect to pay the going rate. Now when is say “Going rate” I dont mean match the spending. I just mean that €8m for what is though to be a top class full back really isnt a ridiculous asking fee. If they dont want to buy they shouldnt have sold Enrique for pennies really. Bet he would have signed that contract after this season.

• Markaccus

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:36 AM

*has huge orgasm from being first*

• Markaccus

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Oh-oh. Looks like we’re hedding towards another 2M bag of peanuts!

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Repost
    Maybe my timing in mentioning Brutools moronic posts was a little bit off as there wasn’t much wrong with that last post ,normally they only ever consist of the words,Shola and sh*te.
    Beattie,
    I think Ruddy calling KK a muppet based on his ‘research’ of the clubs history wound a few people up I myself did’nt hurl abuse but pointed out that I thought it was disrepectful after all KK done for the area and people.

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Mark…Firstly, please clean up your mess. Secondly, I am so sick of peanuts now. Couldn’t manage one more single nut. 😉

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:46 AM

JFA (also a re-post)…On Brutoon….Oh so true 🙂

I forgot about Ruddy and his KK posts. People are entitled to disagree, as Ruddy often does too.

The difference is for me, Ruddy gave his reasons why and was happy to debate the issue without name calling and other rubbish. As I remember, that’s exactly what JFA did as well.

Is it possible that people with differing views can debate? You learn something new every day!

I will also add, that I remember the Keegan days with delight. Will always have a soft spot for him. That is only down to the entertainers factor though and not a well thought out balanced opinion and obviously, not growing up in Newcastle, can’t comment on the impact it had locally.

Certainly were entertaining days for a young toon fan.

• martoon

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Morning Markaccus – Agree with you about Colo – a couple of injuries to our centre backs would severely expose the thinness of our squad. Last season we were lucky that Colo was fit for the majority of the season.

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Martoon…You don’t like the idea of a Williamson and Perch pairing at CB to conquer the league?

Maybe you’re right and we need some back-up 🙂

• seantoon

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Affellay on loan anyone? His agent says he could end up going out on loan

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I had no problem with Ruddy giving KK a bit of scrutiny as I reckon he was very poor in some ways, despite the ” Entertainers” tag. Still didn’t win anything and mucked up the development side.
    Dunno about this differing opinions stuff either. We don’t have a party line on here. Think what you like, but try to back it up.
    Just look at the VdW versus Debuchy discussions.
    And the 442 vs 433 debate. Some of that is good stuff.

I’m going to change my moniker to “the voice of reason’

• martoon

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Ibiza – many a true word said in jest. I like Perch but not at CB.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Ibiza,
    He’ll always be remembered by younger fans as the manager of the entertainers,but the impact he had when he joined us as a player in the early eighties was phenonemal,pretty much the equivelant of say Christiano Ronaldo joining a second division team that his grandad supported and that he had a love for,I don’t know what kind of money he was on but he literally could have gone to any club in Europe at the time.

• TorqToon

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I’ve not read through all the ruddy related stuff as my 9 mth old baby is crawling now so having to chase her round the house in between blog checks. However I think it’s a shame that people feel the need to leave the blog. Nobody should be made to feel like their opinions are wrong…hence why it’s called an ‘OPINION’! I’m sure most of the things involved in this aren’t exactly football related and should really be kept to a minimum on a football blog.

I know some people prefer the views and opinions of ‘the longer serving bloggers’, but having only being one for around a year, I think that as long as views and arguments can be backed up an not just consisting of slagging off our own players (we have makems who can do that!) then we should be one happy family! I will be the delinquent son with the emo hair and !

Have a good day lads! HWTL

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Martoon…Agreed. Perch has come on wonderfully. Occasionally can fill in at CB, but it would be scary stuff if that was our best option for a long period of time.

• pbNcl

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Would just like to tip my hat for Jonas

A lot of people drop him from their ideal teams on here but for me he is irreplaceable

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Torq….Common sense has no place on here mate 🙂 Well said and good luck with your crawler…I feel you may need it 🙂

JFA…I suppose I’m showing my age or lack of Newcastle history. 🙂

Doesn’t that further back Ruddy’s opinion though. As far as I am aware, he was discussing KK as a manager of Newcastle, not a player. They are two very different things and one can have differing views of the two periods of time. Much like if we were to discuss wor Alan in the same scenario.

Voice of reason….Generally, if people don’t make it personal, there is a great bit of banter and opinion on here, which i great and why many of us get on the blog as much as we can. Let’s hope it get’s back on track soon.

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:10 AM

pbNcl…Agreed 100%. He works his bloomin’ socks off every game.

• eaststandgeordie1982

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Jonas is the best grafter ive ever seen at our club him tiote and cabs in the middle

• LGFUAD21

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:14 AM

pbNcl

Hey may lack end product but a player with his versatility and workrate is rare in this game.

Having a fit Marveax and potentially signing Anita, with an inconsistent/still developing Santon can only be good for the guy.

Would still like to see him creep into the number 10 role at times in the hole. He can take a man on, play simple passes and he shot, while not great is always likely to catch a keeper off guard (Low and in the far corner, every time).

In fact I think by law Jonas should be allowed to roam wherever he wants in every game.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Ibiza,
    Regardless of wether he was calling him as a player or manager he called KK the person a muppet,in which my opinion is disrepectful to the man,but remember it is just an opinion.

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM

JFA….Ah Yes. Perhaps a step too far and a little insensitive.

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Anyway, for others asking. I don’t think it had anything to do with the KK debate, that made Ruddy decide to leave. Just the constant attracting abuse over the past week. You could almost time it.

In fact, people seemed to debate that issue really well.

• LGFUAD21

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:21 AM

BTW did anyone watch Anita against Norwich?
    How was he?

I’ve not seen a great deal of him but from what I have he has looked impressive and what I’ve read about him is even better. Plus Ajax are known for producing players. He is versatile to.

Imagine this

RB Saylor Colo Jonas
    Cabaye Tiote Anita
    HBA Ba/Cisse Marveaux

I think that team could rip the Prem up. Anita and Jonas together making a very able LB while bringing a more attacking element to our defence. Cabaye as a deep lying playmaker.

There’s talk of Santon at RB but could you imagine that?
    With HBA in front it’s a recipe for disaster.

If only Santon would get a call up to Italy and then learn from his peers how to tackle (the Azzuri put in some quite simply beautiful tackles at the Euros, never expected that physical a defence from them)

• LGFUAD21

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Ibizatoon – Back by popular demand

Shame. I liked the guy. Think we seemed to always share opinions on match day.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I’m not a fan of kk. Think he did more harm than good in his time.

Cannot argue it was good football but it was a very short term view he took. Wanted success himself without thinking of the long tern consequences.

But at the same time a manager has to look after himself, he is judged mainly on results. It was poor by the board mainly to let him take away the development aide and over spend on players and wages. At the end Of the day it is the board who make final decisions on signings, academy and financial matters.

• Beattie25

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Jfa

Why was that post aimed at me?

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:33 AM

LGFUAD21…It is a shame. Not only as I tend to agree with him, after all this is a place to discuss other opinions. For me, he always backed up his views and didn’t just blurt out the first thing that came to mind. He was also known to provide the occasional chuckle.

Last but not least, there aren’t many out there that are better at finding a troll out and putting them in their place. Views are encouraged, player bashing and over negative attitudes when things are going well and not needed.

Come on Ruddy!

It does go to prove, love him or hate him, he has been “on topic” since Saturday night. Perhaps one or two were a bit quick to try and call him out?

Morning Sage…Got to say I’m liking the input these days. Not just leaked “news” 🙂

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Beattie…You are our World, that’s why 🙂

• TorqToon

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Thanks Ibiza! Very much needed! Haha

And I concur that it’s nice to have decent input from the sage on this blog! Everybody hears this and that with regards the club and it’s news, so combining that with good toon chat and banter is great!

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Beattie,are you not Bloody Marveaux or am I getting mixed up with Bloomin Marveaux :0

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:42 AM

In Sage we trust? 🙂 Ok, jumping the gun a bit there

A new week is here, I wonder what joys it will bring!

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM

JFA…Oh yeah, I forgot about that confession a little while back…sneaky little one is wor Beattie.

• TorqToon

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:50 AM

“In sage we trust”

That could be my next creation and a follow up to my “In Carr we trust” t shirt!! Haha

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:50 AM

TS

Agree with Ibiza… yer a better blogger when you express an opinion than you are as Mystic Meg 🙂

• jimmymagpie

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:00 AM

For what it’s worth, the news from the agent grapevine this morning is as follows: Debuchy – Ncle will definitely NOT be going back, and the transfer will only be resurrected if Lille come back to Ncle, which is not thought likely. In the meantime, we have moved on to other targets. Anita – only a slim chance of this going through, though not impossible, at least the clubs are talking. The word is that we thinking about N’Zonzi, the Blackburn lad. Carroll – will NOT happen. Almost certainly staying at Liverpool, as he doesn’t want to leave on a permanent basis, EVEN FOR NCLE! Pardew is beginning to think that keeping all his star players will be the best outcome of this window. Trouble is, what will the likes of Cabaye, Krul, and Tiote, and Cisse think, especially if clubs with realistic chances of honours come for them, and offer them far bigger wages, in future windows?

• 89Norcal

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM

@jimmymagpie: That’s a shame about Debuchy, but I’m sure Newcastle have a Plan B.

As for Collocini, I hear Sabella has finally called him up. With all of Argentina’s defensive faults it’s a wonder he hasn’t called up his FIFPro XI center back in the past