Demba Ba – They’re Stupid Dudes – They Have To Grow Up

It was very disappointing to say the least, when there were racial chants coming from the home section of the crowd at Den Hagg on Saturday, and while most of the players didn’t hear the chants, Cheick Tiote did, and he was said to be extremely annoyed  and angry at the end of the game, in which he played really well for the Magpies.

Demba Ba – in action on Saturday at Den Haag

Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse and Cheick were the three players who were picked out for abuse, but our big striker Demba Ba said he didn’t hear the chants:

“I did not hear it because I was focusing on the game.” “If they do that they are really stupid dudes. They have to grow up.” “People have to man up.” “There are many people on earth and you have to be responsible.”

We are really pleased that Demba Ba has chosen to stay on at Newcastle, and he’s not only a great player, but he’s also a smashing person, and he has become involved with Show Racism The Red Card, since he joined Newcastle last summer.

And it seemed that Ba conducted himself almost perfectly over the summer, as he continued to deny the reports that he was seeking a move elsewhere,  and every single time he was interviewed he said he had no intention of leaving the club he seems to love playing for.

Demba continued:

“I have always said the same thing. So far nothing has happened.”  “There is nothing new to talk about on that.”  “Everybody has stopped talking about it now.”

“We are in good shape.”  “We have two weeks to go now until the first game so I think we will be OK.”  “If I do not score and the team wins I am happy about it.”

“I just want to have fun on the pitch.”  “You will see me smiling when I play.”  “When you see me smiling you know I am all right.”

Demba Ba is a really good guy, and we look forward to seeing him playing in the famous black and white shirt of Newcastle United for many years to come.

And finally, to put these events of Saturday into a little perspective of history, and to paraphrase Martin Luther King in his I Have A Dream speech,  he hoped one day his children would “not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”

By that measure Newcastle’s Demba Ba is a credit to himself and to Newcastle United.

Comments welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

• Gateshead-Mag

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM

repost

im not really concerned about signings atm

what concerns me a little bit is the fact that atm it seems like pardew is going to play 442 for the majority of the season as he wants to accomodate ba and cisse

I dunno about everyone else but i find us much more of a threat playing 4 33

thoughts anyone??

• Gateshead-Mag

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:33 AM

aaaaah I didnt say first

I hope nothing bad happens

• rich_toonfan

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Terrible from some fans.

Must remember this is usually a vocal minority so let’s not accuse all their fans of this.

What I would like to see made compulsory is that anyone found guilty of racial abuse at a game or any other means directed to players should be given a life ban from all grounds unless they undertake some race education seminar to show they are willing to learn an change.

Similar system use to educate motorists of the danger of speeding.

Hopefully it will educate those who are just ignorant and the life ban will apply to those who genuinely have such horrid prejudices.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Gateshead,
    I don’t think we’ll stick to a rigid formation all season,as a manager of the year Pards proved he isn’t the tactical numpty that a few people thought he was,I think 4-4-2 will be used as and when Pards see’s fit imo.

• Bloody Marveauxlous

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Transfers In:

Debuchy – £7M
    Anita – £7M
    Douglas – £4.5M
    Caroll / Remy – £15M

Cleverly (on loan) – I think he would look good in the no. 7 shirt!

———————Krul——————–
    Debuchy–Douglas–Colo—-Santon
    —————-Tiote—-Anita————-
    HBA—————Ba————Cabaye
    ——————–Cisse——————–

———————Krul——————–
    Debuchy–Douglas–Colo—-Santon
    ——————–Tiote——————–
    HBA————Cabaye———–Remy
    —————Ba———Cisse————

I think our team for Europa next year should have similarities to our team of 2010/11 and 2011/12 :

———————–Krul———————
    Simmo—-Saylor———Colo—-Santon
    Obertan—-Bigi——–Cleverly—-Jonas
    ——————–Shola———————-
    ——————–Caroll———————-

What do you guys think?!

• Beattie25

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I am massively concerned about signings.

No signings now means a near impossible task to cement top 6 come January, means players debating their futures come next season, means this blog will melt down with hatred and anger.

• Gateshead-Mag

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM

jfa

Aye a trust pardew, a just think hes put alot into trying to keep ba and promising him that role

I think having ben arfa back and fit will probably open our formations up a bit aswell

• SuperShearer

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM

@Bloody Marveauxlous, think you’re dreaming mate. No way Utd will let Cleverly go out on loan. He was a starter for them last season until he got injured and unless they sign someone new then he’ll start for them again this season.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Gateshead…You are doomed. That is all.

Signings, formations, whatever, I just want the season to start.

Top contribution there me thinks 🙂

• Gateshead-Mag

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:41 AM

bloody

i’d love cleverly I think hes class but i cant see saf sending him out on loan when hes just getting him back from a season long injury

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Beattie,
    I’m hugely massively concerned about signings patience is wearing very thin,is the million or so we’re going to save in stalling on talks worth a player taking an extra six games to settle in.Points mean prizes.

• LGFUAD21

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:44 AM

peterrwrightt from last thread

Van Der Weil is a good player in my opinion. I read and article that said he was pretty much like for like with Simmo but that is not true at all. The main reason the article said was that he lacked the attacking ambition of Debuchy. But again, this is not true. He is not as attacking minded but he is solid defensively and certainly attacks more than Simmo. Has a decent shot on him. but what stands out most to me is the partnership he manages to form with whoever plays in front of him. Excellent link up play. Always pushes up to support attacks. But is not as fast as Debuchy.

• Gateshead-Mag

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:45 AM

ibiza

just got over a cold, and now am doomed

what a week

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Beetle…I can’t say I’m enjoying our constant disagreeing today.

Let’s just see what happens over the next little while. We still have to qualify for the EL group stages.

Rich….Nice idea. Either that or have them put down.

• seantoon

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Affellay on loan anyone? He’s available his agent says

• dave 1961

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:47 AM

on topic i feel more sorry for the racist as they are mentally retarded, with no life outside their twisted comfort zone, i would be happy to live next door to a black family, but not a racist one.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I don’t know anything about this Anita but the fact that he plays at LB as much as he does in midfield and that Carr has reccommended him makes me think we should go all out to get him.

• Super Magpie

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM

JFA

Exactly, spending the extra £3-4m on a couple of players could be the difference between CL/ EL or not. So if we did get back into Europe we’d be getting that money back.

We need a couple of players in before spurs, especially a RB and maybe a striker.

• Tommyy

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM

My concerns (in no particular order) :

1) The nonchalant manner in which we are approaching transfers. No matter what anybody says we need a full back, and could do with a striker and Center back.

2) The way Pardew is trying to utilise both Ba and Cisse in a 4-4-2. 4-2-3-1 is the way forward.

3) Ben Arfa and his lack of discipline, we need him fit and focused, he will be integral to any success we may have this year, especially if we are going into the season weaker In numbers than last season.

4) The opener against Spurs, for me everything seems to relaxed and half arsed for this stage of pre season. We needed the bodies in, everybody back to fitness with some minutes under their belt, a few runs out in with a fluid 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, not our god awful 4-4-2. You just know Spurs will be up for it and come at us like a bullet train.

Doesn’t seem to be that many concerns, and some are arguably not particularly concerning concerns but they are concerns to be concerned about nevertheless. Concerns.

• Beattie25

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I know.

And for every person that says ‘but Will was part of the team that got us top 5’ I would love to have the ability to see an alternative reality where we actually signed a CB last season and see where we finished.

We don’t have the luxury of out of form out of the team or at least didn’t last season.

• Levi

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:51 AM

i think the only reason demba ba didnt hear it is cause its probably in dutch. and tiote speaks that.

just seen some 1 suggested cleverly. i dont think thats an option. sir fergie rates him so high

• LGFUAD21

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM

jimmymagpie

2 posts back.

Pieters, Major injury concerns???

He has had 1 bad season for injury. A knee injury that he was most likely put back into the first team too soon after and aggravated.

And I suppose now you think he is crocked.

Did you say not to sign HBA when we did because of his major injury concerns?

If anything I’d think Van Der Weil’s injury the past year is a bigger concern. Groin injuries can be very problematic.

Pieters is 23 and almost certain to recover from his injury fine.
    He came back too soon and got injured again (mistake by PSV) not uncommon in the world of football. So this time they are likely being extra careful with him so as not to repeat the past. Hence being out of the game for 6 months.

You make it sound like a year. Its hardly worrying like Wilshere.

• Robby Bobson

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Ba draged his herls in saying he didnt want to leave…i think he waited till it became clear certain people werent infor him.

• Gateshead-Mag

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM

jfa

agreed a think altough id love us to get all our targets, i think hes the 1 that will really make a real difference to the starting line up

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Gateshead…A cold and a missed first opportunity? You have to ask yourself whether it’s worth living. 🙂

• Super Magpie

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Beattie

Totally agree, it was the goals of Ba,cisse and Ben arfa that kept us in the top 6 all season, once Saylor got injured our defence collapsed. I honestly think if Saylor had stayed fit we would’ve finished top 4.

But when can Saylor ever stay fit?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Beattie…That would certainly help 🙂

• Tommyy

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Ah yes number 5:

5) Saylor’s fitness. In my opinion, and I would hazard a guess at it being many other fans’ opinion, this is a massive concern. A fit Saylor could see us though to the top 6 with Collo beside him. A fit Willo could see us lose to low table opposition and struggle to hit the top 8.

• jimmymagpie

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:03 PM

@ 22 – it’s a foot injury. He was in plaster, came back, including 45 mins against England at Wembley, then broke down again and was put back in plaster, and informed the Dutch FA that he wouldn’t be fit for the Euros, and still isn’t fit.To go in plaster twice for the same injury does not sound good, there could be a weakness there which will plague him for the rest of his career. That is why we dropped interest.

• jimmymagpie

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:06 PM

By the way, I never mentioned Ben Arfa in those terms, I said that the injury he sustained would take some getting over psychologically, and so it proved.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Jimmy…Weren’t we looking at Pieters before we signed Santon? Memory isn’t great, so could be well off 🙂

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:12 PM

jimmy

If it’s a broken bone then Pieters shoiuld be okay at his age. If it is a soft tissue injury then that might be a problem longer term with higher risks of recurrence.

• Dannyo

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:18 PM

@jimmymagpie
    Does it look like we’ll sign anyone at all this summer from where u’re standing? Blue Chip players that is.
    And have u heard anything on the Le Mans striker we had on trial?
    He did well in his match atleast.

• jimmymagpie

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Ibiza – yes mate we were. Magpies – as I understand it, there was a deep rooted fracture, which didn’t heal properly, and as a result there were other problems. I obviously haven’t seen any plates, but I do know that the medics strongly advised the club not to proceed with their interest. Of course, in the interests of balance, they advised the same about Maiga, and he’s just passed his medical West Ham. Look at Demba, Stoke didn’t want to know. Different medics, different opinions, but of course Demba was a free transfer.

• TorqToon

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Jimmy – I believe the blame for the continued issues with the break is a poor treatment plan and rehab by the club. That’s the word floating around holland.

• TorqToon

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Just seen Ravel Morrisson has been loaned out for the season to Birmingham. Apparently he is struggling to fit in with west ham and the London lifestyle. There’s a shocker! We definitely sidestepped a problem child there.

• Dannyo

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:26 PM

@TorqToon
    He’s struggling with the London lifestyle, so he moves to Birmingham… Hmmm….

• TorqToon

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM

My thoughts exactly!!! Very strange decision.

• davybtoon

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Bloody hell ppl chill we will sign players

• jimmymagpie

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Dannyo @ 33 – gut reaction mate? Debuchy – no, unless Lille backtrack. Anita – not unless we offer substantially more than at the moment. Carroll – catergorically no. Doesn’t mean there won’t be others, but I don’t believe that Pardew honestly knows.

1 2 3 7