Newcastle Launch £10M Double Bid For Dutch Internationals

There is news in the Daily Mirror today that Newcastle have lodged a double bid to take both Vurnon Anita and Gregory van der Wiel from Ajax to Newcastle United, in a bold £10M double bid.

Vurnon Anita – Newcastle go in with double bid

We have no idea if this is true, but the rumors were that Newcastle were going in with an increased bid for Anita, thought to be about £7M for the 23 year-old, and it could be that they have priced van der Weil at around £3M.

That’s not too bad a price, given that the 24 year-old right back has just one year left on his contract, and Ajax have made it clear they will not renew the Dutch International’s contract next summer, and therefore will want to sell him this summer.

But the news is that Arsene Wenger is also interested in ­Gregory van der Wiel, and the fee that Arsenal will offer is said to be £7M, but that seems a bit high for a player who will be available for nothing next summer.

It’s also true that Ajax have offered Vurnon Anita a new improved deal to stay at the Dutch Champions, since they don’t want to lose him, so if this news is true,  it could mean that Newcastle are looking to bring both Dutch Internationals in this summer.

It would also mean they have given up on Lille’s 27 year-old Mathieu Debuchy, and we have a hard job believing that to be true.

Alan Pardew repeated yesterday that he still wants to see three new players through the door this summer, so with the news that West Ham manager Sam Allardyce said yesterday they will not be signing Andy Carroll, maybe the three could be Anita, van der Weil and big Andy?

We don’t know what the truth is,  but Newcastle need to move fairly quickly to ensure the Newcastle squad is further strengthened,  and before the transfer window closes on September 2nd.

What do you think?

For the record 24 year-old Gregory van der Weil has played 184 times for Ajax and 35 times for Holland, and 23 year-old Anita has played 137 times for Ajax and three times for Holland.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

• toon1707

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Hope its true would be nice to see some players signed don’t know much about either player but I trust the club so they are good enough for me

• HBA Blood Twister

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Not sure I fancy our chances of getting VDW especially when Arsenal and Chelsea need RB’s. Still think we’re holding out for Debuchy.

• pizzicatochan

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:06 AM

But I thought we are bidding for Corchia?

• toon1707

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I apologise now and I will never do this again but I can’t resist. 1st ha ha

• Kyo

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:07 AM

DO NOT WANT Van Der Wild. He’s a troublemaker and wants CL football anyway.

We MUST get Debuchy.

• Bloody Marveauxlous

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Sign 5 players:

Debuchy, Douglas, Anita, Van der Weil, Caroll/ Remy

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Absolutely fantastic news if true, van der viel at 3m though? Let’s hope.

Bloody,

Yeah I agree like but Saylor would start alongside Colo for the majority of fans, he’s just a fans favourite isn’t he?
    I’d go with,
    Krul
    Van der viel, saylor, colo, santon.
    cabaye, tiote
    Benny Marveux
    Ba Cisse.

Layout maybe shocking, on my phone 😀
    What you think?

• toon1707

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Kyo how is van der weil a trouble maker like I say don’t know much about him other than he is a full dutch international and is still young which sounds fantastic to me (if we sign him)

• SoldBestBuyGood

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:12 AM

If this was to be true.. no way it would be accepted.

3m for VDW?? come on..

I still hope we haven’t given up on Debuchy though, prefer him than VDW

• toon1707

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:12 AM

• Bloody Marveauxlous

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM

AMEOBI,

Your team is looking mighty fine! What about this:

Krul
    Debuchy/ van der Weil Douglas/Saylor Coloccini Santon
    Tiote
    HBA Cabaye Remy
    Ba Cisse

Add Anita and Caroll, and the future is looking bright

Either team: Top 4? FA/ League Cup? Europa win?
    Anything is possible, lads, remember this could be our best season Ba none!!!

Come on Ruddy, let’s get these puns on a roll!

• pizzicatochan

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I am catching up now. I saw that we are linked to Huddlestone??????

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Bloody,

Aye, I like what I see haha I’d prefer Debuchy over VdW for simple fact he wants to join us.
    If we could sign Anita any CB cover then any striker wow yeah I’d say just run for top 4, let the kids and squad players play with the cups and Europa games.
    I doubt this story is true but hope haha.

Bring back Ruddy!

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Huddlestone, he’s been linked with every club mate.
    Not good enough for us is he?

• Kyo

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:24 AM

He disrupted team atmosphere for both Ajax and Holland so they are trying to sell him. Debuchy is better anyway.

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Kyo,
    Tiote would nail him haha 😉

• Brutooon

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Yes for Anita if he play Left back for us and Santon goes to the right

• Bloody Marveauxlous

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Yeah I agree about Debuchy!

What I don’t understand about, is why everyone thinks that Europa games are less important than Premier League games. What’s the point in qualifying for a European Cup if we hardly have the chance to compete? Surely we should just mix a couple of youngsters into the normal Premier League starting XI as Europa in my mind is nearly as important as Premier League!

What do you guys think?!

• pizzicatochan

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:28 AM

for 3M bid, I think Huddlestone’s actually a steal, but if for more than that, I think not.

Did you guys know he was a CB?

• Grafton83

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I agree with the people that have said Debuchy has added value because it will keep Cabaye happy for years to come. He also seems to be a very good player it’s just his age and price that aren’t perfect.

I don’t follow dutch football so I really don’t know too much about VDW but any signings that will strengthen the team are very welcome.

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I prefer the premier league dunno why but I’d love to focus more for CL, if you win Europa league do you qualify for CL? I’ve no idea. Well I don’t really know with europe not that bothered more game time for the youngsters is better for me 😀

• Kyo

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Anita is a DM. Ajax went from 5th to 1st when Anita changed from LB to DM.

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Pizzi,
    Huddlestone a CB? I’ve always seen him play as a tank in midfield..

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Grafton,

What I don’t get is that Williamson is 27 nearly 28 right? But Debuchy is just over 28 not exactly much difference. I don’t follow dutch football but VdW was probably Hollands best player at Euros, can’t see him being available for as little as 3m though.

• Kyo

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:40 AM

VoW was awful at Euros. He is an Ajax reject. That is not a good thing.

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Kyo,

Van der wiel was awful? Hollands best player I said.. Wasn’t awful haha don’t you watch?

• Kyo

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Holland’s best player? That says nothing when they were all crap.

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Just because a team gets knocked out doesn’t mean every player was “crap”? Don’t chat bollocks!

• t00ntime

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:05 AM

van de wiel was not hollands best or worst player imo. he was by far the best defender, but the best player was snijder. Once again he played with passion (most of the team didnt) he looked class in every game other then the one where he was put on the RW and he looked lost.

The worst player was the LB but that was expected due to the 1st and 2nd choice been out with injury, he was 3rd choice + only 18/19 (if i remember right)

Van der wiel would be a good buy for us at 3million not a great deal better then simpson but an improvement + we will finally have RB cover of premier league quality.
    If debuchy is still possible we should definatly go for him instead as he is better then simmo + van der wiel.

Again good deal at 3mil 5mil MAX (even thats pushing it due to debuchy’s price/quality and the 1 year left)

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:10 AM

t00ntime,

Cheers for the backing haha, yeah man I thought Sneijder was alright but agree with VdW being the best defender then. I don’t have anything against Simmo I would love to see him stay he’s a decent player, just being an ass with his contract.. Keep Simmo and I’d be still happy without a RB signed

• Kyo

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:13 AM

The fact that you’re happy with Simmo means you hate progression.

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Kyo,

His stats last season stated he was the best RB last season? He’s decent.

• tarie4

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Kyo

How is vdw a Ajax reject??

• Kyo

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Reject as in they are trying to sell him rather than keep him. They offered Anita a big contract though.

As for Simmo… unfortunately he is not good going forward which in the modern game is a huge boost in goals. Debuchy is excellent both defensively and offensively. Ba Cisse etc will thrive off his service.

• jayphoto

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Van der wiel has actually declined as a player in the last 2 seasons, at 19/20 he had fantastic potential but he believes his own hype, Ajax had no interest in renewing his contract even.though he wanted to stay and extend, that should tell you a lot! As a person he’s a bit of a gangster wannabe, very similar to Nile Ranger!

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Yeah Simmo doesn’t get forward so much but still he’s a decent player, I would rather have an attacking wingback than sitting back. Like I says I’d be happy for Simmo to stay though, even to be a good squad player 😀

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Jay,

Surely if he’s to be similar to Ranger then he’s got no chance on arriving here! I’ve not seen nothing bad or heard(apart from this blog).

Had my say, I’m off
    Night

• tarie4

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Kyo

Oh ok, I thought it was because he wanted a better contract than what was offered. That does not sound like a reject to me. E.g vertogen. Ajax doesn’t pay top wages, as they got a Conveyor belt of talent. To say he is a reject?? Have a word with urself.

• tarie4

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Jayphoto

“Ajax had no interest in renewing his contract even.though he wanted to stay and extend, that should tell you a lot”

Hahaha stop.making things up. They offered him a contract, but he rejected it!!! And the club refused to budge ala vertogen!!!

• pizzicatochan

Aug 6, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Huddlestone, as far as I remember, was capable of playing @ CB when he’s very young.