Pardew – Newcastle Midfielder Ten Times Better Than Last Season

Cheick Tiote has looked very good in the last two pre-season games, and he had an excellent game on Saturday night at Den Haag, and his manager Alan Pardew today has come out and said he looks ten times the player he was last season.

Cheick Tiote – in action at Arsenal last season

We still expect Newcastle to bring in at least two good players before the transfer window closes in four weeks time, but even though we haven’t yet brought one senior player through the door this summer, it will be very good if we don’t lose any of our top players.

Demba Ba is still at the club following the expiration of  the release clause in his contract on August 1st, and only yesterday Pardew said he doesn’t expect Newcastle to lose any of their star players over the next four weeks.

Cheick had another very good  game on Saturday,  and is currently second in our voting for Man  of the Match to Gabby Obertan, who looked very lively on Saturday, and the Frenchman could even start the first game against Tottenham on 18th August,  if Ben Arfa is not 100% match fit.

Cheick Tiote is one of his Newcastle’s best players,  and manager Pardew thinks it could be a top season coming up for the Ivorian, and he had this to say in the Newcastle Journal this morning:

“Cheick looks ten times better than he did last year and I absolutely mean that.” “He didn’t come back well last summer, if I’m honest. However, he has summered well this time and is in great physical shape.”

“It’s going to be a big season for Cheick.” “All my what I would call big players are important,  if we are to progress as a team and Cheick certainly falls into that category. He is in a good place.”

“Tuesday against Hartlepool will be another good test for us. We are just lacking a bit of creativity, which is probably to be expected in pre-season, so I’d like to see us score some goals and win the match.”

Newcastle will probably field a number of youngsters tomorrow night at Hartlepool, and games will be given to the likes of new boy Curtis Good, Romain Amalfitano, Sammy Ameobi, James Tavernier and Mehdi Abeid, all of whom didn’t get a game on Saturday night.

Newcastle dominated the game in Holland, and the only thing that was missing was a goal or two to win the match, and the manager will be looking for that tomorrow night, as he tries to get two wins in our last two pre-seaosn games.

Newcastle are at Cardiff City on Saturday afternoon, and the kick-off is at 3:00 pm.

Comments welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

• Londtoon

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I hope he is still a Newcastle player as I have just pre ordered my home shirt with his name on the back…!!

• eaststandgeordie1982

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Hes one of our players that keeps improving every season hope he can keep his card count down, would like to see cabaye play further up this season, getting anita will allow dreamboat to do just that.

• Brutooon

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:16 AM

our midfield is 20 times better than when we got barton, nolan,roultedge etc

• Bloody Marveauxlous

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:18 AM

1st

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I really thought I’d seen the last of Brutool and his moronic semi literate posts.

• Bloody Marveauxlous

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Ahh….you’re taking the Papiss!

• Paps

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:20 AM

@Brutoon
    its weird to think how scared i was wen we lost barton and nolan

• Markaccus

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Just had a scan through cwarrs tweets from last week. We have apparently signed debuchy on thursday, an AC will be ours within a week. Come on, why has no one else told me this, you’re all so far behind its unreal 😉

• Bloody Marveauxlous

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:22 AM

JFA,
    Why was everyone so annoyed at my so-called ‘twin’ Ruddy Marveaux-lous last night/ on last post?!

• Markaccus

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:24 AM

@ jfa. To be fair to bru, he makes a valid point about the quality in MF compared to nolan, barton, routledge, et.c…. Once you translate it, that is 😀

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:24 AM

JFA…Under normal circumstances I may have felt inclined to agree. However, it’s hard to disagree with his comment on this thread 🙂

Mark…Our apologies. It’s just we assume all toon fans check in on his updates, given his credibility and all. It’s my first stop when wanting to know the “truth” behind our dealings after all.

I suggest in future, you don’t wait more than 10 minutes before checking in with him again.

• pardew no 1

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:24 AM

great news about tiote now sign some blood players man get them over the line

• Markaccus

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Ah, ok ibiza I will be more active in checking his account in future…. Wow!!! We just signed Darth Vader at LB!

• cyprus

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:28 AM

So, he summered well. Creative language, now let’s get creative on the field. Let’s see some goals, 0-0 in pre-season sucks

• Bloody Marveauxlous

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Ibiza,

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Pardew no 1….I think this is Pardew’s way of saying we have 10 new players in. Expect no one else in this window 😉

• Conaldo (The Wizard)

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:31 AM

In reference to whoever was claiming they are leaving the blog because of the new dettol adverts at the bottom:

Haway Ed, can you try and put different ads there, we really cant be sitting at work etc trying to have a sneaky look at the blog and have jingles about clean dishwashers and sh1t belting out.
    however, there is a n easy way to stop the noise, unlike what that guy said. just click the little speaker.

Anyway, onto real news. Is there any confirmation on this double bid for anita + vdw?

• JDdubai

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Is no-one worried that in each match so far we havent looked good going forward. I know its pre-season but we should have some kind of threat.

Also it looks clear how much we are going to rely on HBA and Marveaux to stay fit this season as no-one else seems to be able to beat a man and we still lack pace up front. A lot.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Bloody…It certainly wasn’t “everyone”. Basically, “some” people find him to be aggressive and over the top. An opinion that I do not share.

If you want to know all the in’s and out’s take a look at Saturday nights comments as you’ll get to see both sides of it and be able to come to your own conclusion.

• NUFCWill1986

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:34 AM

@brutoon when we lost barton, nolan and enrique i was shatting myself. But i agree with you, our whole midfield is better now.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:37 AM

JB…I know it’s as easy counter argument, but, just look at last years pre-season and then start to season.

It’s all about match fitness and getting back in to the swing of things, without picking up too many injuries.

I personally wouldn’t read too much in to the recent scores.

Don’t forget Yo hasn’t played either.

Wizard….Click the speaker? Is there no end to your witchcraft? P.S. You can also download ad blockers…although i do miss the local slags 😉

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Maybe my timing in mentioning Brutools moronic posts was a little bit off as there wasn’t much wrong with that last post normally they only ever consist of the words,Shola and sh*te.
    Beattie,
    I think Ruddy calling KK a muppet based on his ‘research’ of the clubs history wound a few people up I myself did’nt hurl abuse but pointed out that I thought it was disrepectful after all KK done for the area and people.

• putra_hayzad

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:41 AM

We need a replacedment for guthrie , though cabaye and Ryan are good crosser and free kick speacialist , guthrie also one of them #respect him

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:43 AM

JFA…On Brutoon….Oh so true 🙂

I forgot about Ruddy and his KK posts. People are entitled to disagree, as Ruddy often does too.

The difference is for me, Ruddy gave his reasons why and was happy to debate the issue without name calling and other rubbish. As I remember, that’s exactly what JFA did as well.

Is it possible that people with differing views can debate? You learn something new every day!

I will also add, that I remember the Keegan days with delight. Will always have a soft spot for him. That is only down to the entertainers factor though and not a well thought out balanced opinion.

• TorqToon

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I’ve not read through all the ruddy related stuff as my 9 mth old baby is crawling now so having to chase her round the house in between blog checks. However I think it’s a shame that people feel the need to leave the blog. Nobody should be made to feel like their opinions are wrong…hence why it’s called an ‘OPINION’! I’m sure most of the things involved in this aren’t exactly football related and should really be kept to a minimum on a football blog.

I know some people prefer the views and opinions of ‘the longer serving bloggers’, but having only being one for around a year, I think that as long as views and arguments can be backed up an not just consisting of slagging off our own players (we have makems who can do that!) then we should be one happy family! 🙂 I will be the delinquent son with the emo hair and !

Have a good day lads! HWTL

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Torq….Common sense has no place on here mate 🙂 Well said and good luck with your crawler…I feel you may need it 🙂

• Dondatta13

Aug 6, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I really really REALLY hope this isn’t a case of “Putting Tiote in the shop window”…

I’m ever an optimist but something deep down says this is just a large “For Sale” sign.

Maybe our low balling bids have brought light to the fact we may have to sell before we buy/increase our offers.

On the other hand, he really may have come back “10 times better” than last season 🙂