Bigirimana Quickly Learning From Two Of Newcastle’s Top Stars

Newcastle new boy 18 year-old Gael Bigirimana, who was signed from Coventry City in the summer for just £1M, will probably get a start tonight against Hartlepool United at Victoria Park.

Newcastle new boy Gael Bigirimana in training

And the teenager seems to be learning very quickly from Newcatsle’s two starting central midfielders – Ivory Coast International Cheick Tiote, who had an excellent game at Den Haag on Saturday, and Yohan Cabaye, who of course starred for France in the recently completed Euro 2012 tournament.

They’re both top players to learn from, and they both seem to be helping the youngster big time in training.

The 18-year-old has talked to the Hartlepool Mail today:

“I’m improving every day training alongside Cheick Tiote and Cabaye,” “Yohan has already helped me and given me advice. He’s encouraging me and telling me to improve my game.”

“That just shows I’m at the right place with good people around me. I’m really grateful for that.” “The manager says he’ll give everyone a chance.” “If you impress him, and really work hard, he doesn’t care how old you are.”

“You’ll play if you’re ready.” “Myself and all the boys should just work hard and concentrate.”

Of all the Newcastle youngsters who have been on display in pre-season,  this lad has surprised us the most, and he already seems a very good player at just 18 years old.

And with experienced international stars like Cabaye and Tiote willing to take the lad under their wing, Gael could improve very quickly in the coming season, and certainly he has looked very solid when he has played for the Newcastle first team so far this summer.

Cheick Tiote and Yohan Cabaye cost Newcastle about £8M in total, which seems unbelievable, and they are fast becoming two of Newcastle’s best ever buys, and they have become big big players in their short time at St. James’ Park.

If Bigirimana is as good as we think he is, he will be another tremendous buy for the club, and he could even be pushing the two Newcastle star players for a first team place late in the season.

As outlandish as that seems, the youngster has looked so good in Newcastle’s colors since coming on board, he could soon become a big big star at Newcastle.

We think he will.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

• pardews plan B

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:09 PM

If this guy impresses pards enough i would be happy for hi to start alongside tiote and just get another backup rather than anita

• pardews plan B

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Hello?

• pardews plan B

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Nufc786 you here?

• hotdog

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM

hello?

• pardew no 1

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:23 PM

this is get depressing

• pardews plan B

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Alright hotdog. Catre to discuss my first post?

• rainrix

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Echo?

• Londtoon

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Great interview. Hopefully twice the player Guthrie was.

• Munster Mag

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Super purchase from the top brass.

• wingspan

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I really like the look of this kid from the little ive seen of him. Great first touch, great passer, great engine, very composed, strong in the tackle, i think he could play a part this season and i would be delighted for him if he does. Seems a great lad.

• AMEOBI

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Congratulations on your first post… Well done big boy.

I’d be happy for Bigi to start alongside tiote and let Cabaye push up the pitch.. Bigi over Anita anyone?

• rainrix

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:34 PM

He’s looked really good in pre-season already.No doubt learning from two of the best CMs out there will help this lad immensely. Its encouraging what pardews said about bringing on players, although i think he’ll probably be behind perch and gosling in the backup CM spot at the start of the season. Hopefully he can push on well

• GeordieJordy

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:34 PM

He is gonna be a great player. As well as looking like Tiote, his playing style and movement is identical!

• GeordieJordy

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Also, Sorry for Spamming but i have made a new Papiss Cisse video, if anyone is interested in watching it

• Mister Tuff

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I think Bigirimana has been the outstanding pre-season player. For a young lad he is ultra confident, he tackles well and is looking for space all the time -work rate is excellent. He is Tiote Mk2. I would hate being an opposition player having him and Tiote snapping at my heels and not giving me any time on the ball.
    Having Santon and Debuchy attacking down the wings will frighten the crap out of a lot of teams. We need a new CB as Williamson, although he tries his best, is not a top drawer player. My only other concern is Obertan- AP recently described him as the pick of the bunch -I must have been watching another match – he looks good on the ball but his end product is zero.
    Also need a creative midfielder in case Cabaye gets injured. We need three signings urgently.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:39 PM

• rainrix

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Wow some good news finally, Although how much to Montpellier want for him? I remember something about them wanting a really inflated price for him.

• WWYCD

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Ibiza
    Stepping stone?! STEPPING STONE?! Yeah fair enough sign him up 🙂

• jayphoto

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM

@ibizatoon – like Yanga-mbiwa alot but that comment about learning at newcastle before moving to milan later means we should stay clear! Sounds ridiculous but we’re only 3 or 4 players away from a title challenge if last years anything to go by, we need players that want to help us into champions league and closer to the top, this lad is already thinking of moving before he’s even signed for us!

• Transfer Sage

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Mbiwa would be an outstanding signing for us. Would offer the pace the cb position needs.

I think Newcastle will go back in for debuchy closeto deadline day, expect them to offer just under the asking price and hope the player urges the deal on before then.

That’s an opinion by the way, not a claim to inside knowledge haha. Still all quite at newcastle so far this week

• wingspan

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Mister Tuff – I didnt see the game that pardew was praising Obertan but i think hes just trying to give the guy a confidence boost. I think his ability/potential is there for all to see he just needs to believe in himself and he would be a cracking player. Pards is trying to give him that belief.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Yo…Going to make this brief, as I’m giving you all a little break today (can I hear a great sigh of relief?)….Just look at me as an ITK for the day 🙂

Have a good one.

• JDdubai

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM

On Bigi, he has already jumped ahead of Vuckic and maybe Abeid I would say, I really dont think we need to shell out 8 million on a nita when we have Joans/Bigi/Abeid/Vuckic who could play alongside Tiote. \

Considering our budget that money should go on an attacking, pacy winger who could play wide left so we would have them, HBA and Marveaux to rotate through the season as no way Marveaux’s legs will last with the amount of games we have.

As for Mbiwa, of course we would be a stepping stone, its AC Milan. Fair enough to go for him, but would he be first choice? I thought Taylor ould be first choice and cant see Mbiwa coming to us to play second fiddle to anyone as he is the captain of the frnech champions and a french international. Plus the figure Milan were supposed to have offered was way higher than anything we would ever offer.

Sounds to me like he is saying this to try to drive Milan to bidding again.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Most players will join us thinkin if they do really well a man utd or Milan will bid for them.

Top players have top ambition. What we need is enough of them so that we challenge.

So he may see us as a stepping stone but 3 years down the line we might have matched his ambition.

• JDdubai

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:51 PM

My god my typing is shocking.

• pardew no 1

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:51 PM

@GeordieJordy great vid mate made me excited for the new season

• jayphoto

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Regarding Guthries replacement, I actually think Dan Gosling will be Guthries replacement, hes what, 22? now, a full preseason behind him and he could really be a new player! Everton fans rated him very highly, hes a good passer, has a good engine and an eye for goal, I think he’ll be quite far ahead of Bigirimana at this stage of getting into the first team squad! Think people also forget Bigi has to get past Perch to get a defensive midfield space in the first team and he improved so much last season, hopefully will be the same this year! I’ve no doubt Bigi will be a huge player for newcastle in 2 or 3 years, but highly doubt we’ll see much of him this season, my bet would be half a season or full season training and playing at reserves followed by a championship loan?

• pardew no 1

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:53 PM

isnt the french legue deadline day on the 15th this month

• WWYCD

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Ibiza
    A break what? No I only exist whilst u are on the blo…………

• ITUNDERASHELL

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Is there a stream for the match tonight lads

• Oldgit1

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:57 PM

@ wingspan, He is lacking in confidence its plain to see and feel that pardew praising him shows what a good manager he is. good point btw by you.

• VisitingSkyBlue

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Just spotted this article and bored at work so thought I would comment as a Cov fan.

Bigi seems to be doing really well up there. Good luck to him. Having seen him on a no. of occassions last season I’d be very surprised if he’s ready for your first time yet. From his v first game (Leicester at home opening day) it was clear he’s a talented lad who loves to play good football. The main issue for him was that he was essentially a boy in a man’s league and was kept out of games when against old experienced old pros. Not altogether surprising considering he was chucked in the deep end due to our ongoing financial problems.

I’d suggest that he’d be far more impressive in less competitive pre-season games than your typical November away game at the likes of Stoke or whoever, so I wouldnt raise your expectations of him too much this season but he’s one for the future so maybe in a couple of seasons you’ll have a genuine premier league player on your hands. He’s a smashing lad as well btw and definitely has all our best wishes.

All the best and put one (or even two) over those bitter Mackems for us who steadfastly refuse to get over Jimmy Hill and 1977 and all that!! (for those of you old enough to remember)

• jayphoto

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Just a thought, but is it possible Pardew wanted to see how a couple of players performed in preseason before deciding where to strengthen?? He seems like he’s really trying to find the right role for Vuckic, playing him in seperate roles over the preseason games, same with obertan who was tried out right, left and up front! wonder if pardew feels that if one of these 2 players can do a job up front it’d save signing a striker so he can focus funds else where! Same with vuckic in midfield, even in a holding role like he played against den haag, if vuckic, abeid or gosling are ready that could save buying a player like Anita! I think regarding the younger players, the club wanted to see how strong and well they come back before deciding where to strenghten! Would shock me if we just signed a centre half and a right back! If it was debuchy and douglas (unfortunately i dont think itl be either tho) we will have had a great summer!

• nufcjohn

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Montipelliers mapou yanga mbiwa says he wants to come to newcastle but eventually wants to go to ac milan. Millan have seen 1 bid rejected my sorce sky sports

• Fostino

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:02 PM

oh lord, another player we can all speculate on

woud love to see this team by sep

Krul

mbiawa colo
    debuchy santon

tiote
    cabaye anita

ben afra ba
    cisse

or if no one comes through the door, an interesting choice could be

s.taylor colo
    santon gutieerez

tiote
    cabaye gail/vuckic/abeid/gosling

ben afra ba
    cisse

• Fostino

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:04 PM

opps…post 34 came out all arseways

• markmac

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:04 PM

ive only seen a couple of the pre-season games but he’s really really impressive in my humble and generally unknown opinion

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Yo…See, now you’re making me talk “non-football” stuff, which is frowned upon you know?

I must first take a good long look at myself, re-assess my goals and ambitions and come back a better poster.

I appreciate your support at this, as I’m sure you can imagine, difficult time of transition.

• jayphoto

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Montpelliers owner is bloody crazy too! an embarressment to the club in france! They lost Giroud to a release clause that was inserted into a contract at a time when they felt giroud wouldn’t be worth 2m let alone 12m and he is hurting from that! They never dreamed giroud would become the player he did when they signed him! He won’t want to lose another big player this summer, think Yanga-mbiwa won’t be going anywhere, same as younes belhanda!

• WWYCD

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:08 PM

…g oh good am back haha 😉

Ah everything is frowned on by someone on here least u add a level of humour (which is often sorely missed on here)

But u go away and have ur transition haha I will drag the fun back out of u when u get back 😉