Demba Ba Philosophy – Enjoy Life, Enjoy Football – And Smile

Demba Ba addressed the racists chants directed at him and a couple of other Newcastle players at Den Haag on Saturday by labeling them “stupid dudes who had to man up”, and that was certainly straight to the point, but Demba Ba, as we have found out over the last year  while he’s been on Tyneside, has very simple and very strong philosophies on both life and football.

Demba Ba – laid back, happy and willing to smile

Demba has been interviewed a lot lately, and of course that”’ probably because everybody associated with the club is delighted that he is still with us, after his release clause ran out last Wednesday.

And if Newcastle fans are frustrated at the lack of progress in the transfer market at the moment, just think what it would be like if Demba Ba had left the club last week.

So you see what we mean.

This is what Demba told the local press today:

“What I’m all about is enjoying my life and enjoying my football. I like to play with a smile on my face and be happy. This is my life.” “My ambitions for this season personally are similar to last season.”

“I want the team and also me to be in good shape, the best shape we can be, and I want to play as many games as possible; the maximum amount of games if I can.” “And then I was to win as much with Newcastle as it is possible to do.”

“I don’t set any goal targets in terms of how many I think I’ll score.”  “It’s just something I have never done.”  “Let’s wait and see what happens.”  “All I can do is keep on improving and doing what I have been doing with Newcastle, which is to do my best and try to help my team win.”

“If I score, then great. But I am only happy if the team is winning. That is the most important thing.”   “I think the players are in good shape.”  “Everyone looks fit. We have two more games now at Hartlepool United tonight and then Cardiff City in Wales on Saturday.”

“And I think we will be ready for Tottenham when the games comes.”

Ba will be hoping to make it a great season of goal-scoring for himself and Newcastle, as it was last season until Papiss Cisse arrived in early February, and Alan Pardew switched the formation, and had Ba play out on the left wing, where he was impressive, but his goals dried up.

Alan Pardew has promised him he will play him up front in the center in a vast majority of the Newcastle games next season, which is the one proviso Demba Ba seems to have sought from the manager to stay at Newcastle.

Demba Ba has looked good in pre-season, better than he did last year at this time, and we need to have him get on the goal-scoring trail early – maybe against Spurs in 11 days time.

Now in closing let’s think a bit more about that Demba Ba philosophy – enjoy life, enjoy football – and smile.

That sounds good to us – in fact that sound very good to us. 😀

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Good words from Demba. Enjoy life, enjoy football and smile…..perhaps we could take a page out of Dembas book?

• jayphoto

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Regarding Anita, or another international quality midfielder, If we play a 3 man midfield (which with players like marveaux and ben arfa surely should be a must sometimes) then Anita is definately an improvement! He’d take our side up a level as hes the middle ground between tiote and cabaye! very tidy player, never plays it long, very good defensively etc! He’d be a very good link between defense and attack and players like him would stop us banging it 60 yards!
    On perchy, think he’ll be 2nd choice right back and tiotes replacement when hes suspended etc, Perch can play that many positions that with the euros etc, he’ll get games!

• Graeme

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM

You certainly cant knock his personality or his outlook – one laid back footy player lol

• Valci

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:04 AM

repost damnit 😛

On Debuchy – That’s the problem with footy these days. You can’t just up and quit as you would with a regular job that you didn’t fancy anymore. However…it seems unfair towards the player because he want to come to NUFC and he has done his duty for Lille over a fair number of years. We’re not talking about a player thats been disloyal or a troublemaker etc. To me this shows total lack of respect for the player. At the moment though i think it’s up to the player himself to see where he stands with his current club before forcing a move in any way.

On the HBA issue – He is a massively talented player with an ego to match. Biggest problem these days imho (and it relates somewhat to the point above) is that fans, media and the footballing industry in general have turned players into superstars rather then employees if you will. Also, due to the necessities of building a footballing career most players forgo higher forms of education which results in them being more or less intellectually challenged… Egos i feel are a direct result of this. In my experience, the dumber the person, the more ego there is. And most football players are definitely underdeveloped intellectually…not because they lack the IQ (so to speak) but because they are “forced” to ignore intellectual development due to their careers. Being a manager at a top club is not easy to be sure… hopefully Pards will get the best out of Benny for a few years at least. I have faith that our manager will make the right choices.

• quitesimple

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Isnt it great when both your strikers are smiling all the time on the pitch. i remember watching ronaldinho at barca and he used to smile all the time and enjoy his football.

By the way I bought Anita on FIFA and hes quality so we should sign him based on that

• DarloGeordie

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Can’t really have much to complain about when earning £50k a week, glad he’s still with us though, let’s hope he keeps his form up for a full season this time ey…

Might try that strawberry syrup anyone know what brand he uses, Heinz or HP?? 😉

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Agreed Jay. I have not doubt, even if we do add 2 or 3 (here’s hoping) that all squad players will get decent game time this season, Europa qualification permitting of course.

• bollance

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:13 AM

The fact we have done so well with transfer fees in the past makes it difficult now because the board expect to pay around £5m mark or less for an international (cabaye, hba, santon, tiote) or £9m for a top top striker. What we have so far is an excellent prospect (Bigi) for around £1m. We are biding our time until we get another great deal. May mean we don’t sign anyone else because only int class player will improve our lot.

• WWYCD

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Anita or Perch? I am far from Perch’s biggest fan though I admit he was decent for us last season when called upon but never did he push for a start when everyone was fully fit imo

I would rather have Anita and sell Perch tbh

• Dannyo

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Imo, it’s a worry that Ba doesn’t have any goals. Not having any goals gives u nothing to reach for and it shows a lack of ambition imo.
    If he put some sort of goal there, it would give him something to try for, it would make him an even better goalscorer.
    Understand me right, he’s a good player, he gets goals and he can work hard for the team if he wants to.
    But i reckoned he could do better, had he put a 20 goal tally infront of himself last season, it would give him that little extra to stretch for, just try ever so slightly harder.
    I reckon goals and ambitions are important to aspire to new hights in general.
    One shouldn’t undermine that.
    But hey, Ba may have other goals on the pitch which he doesn’t mention…