Alan Pardew – Ben Arfa Is A Complete One Off

There’s little doubt that Hatem Ben Arfa is one of the most popular players at Newcastle, and the Frenchman seems to know that too, and he is well aware the fans just love him to bits, and he seems to return that affection, as he has often said he just loves playing for Newcastle in front of their famous fanatical fans.

Ben Arfa – in action at hartlepool on Tuesday evening

And Ben Arfa gave some good interviews only yesterday,  and he even suggested Newcastle could win the Premier League next season, and apart from that,  his comments seemed sane enough. 😀

Ben Arfa got a good 45 minutes run-out at Hartlepool on Tuesday night, but it’s still touch and go if he will be ready for the first game of the season against Tottenham at St. James’ Park in nine days time.

And throughout his career the 25 year-old has been a difficult lad to manage, although Newcastle manager Alan Pardew seems to be handling the mercurial winger with great success on Tyneside, and Ben Arfa has been no bother at all at the Tyneside club.

Alan Pardew discussed the French International in an interview with the Evening  Chronicle this morning:

“I’ve got to manage him. I’ve got to choose the right games for him.” “He’s going to have a big, big season for us. We hope he does.”

“He can’t play every game – none of our players can, even Fabricio Coloccini or Tim Krul.” “Obviously, Hatem’s got qualities that even our own players stand and applaud.”

“He takes corners with the outside of his foot, and stuff like that.” “He’s a complete one-off, and it was nice to see him get involved.”

It is a big season for Ben Arfa coming up, after he seemed to successfully adjust to both the Premier League and the way Newcastle play the game last season, and he increased his work-rate significantly to help nail down a first team place from early January.

But it’s Ben Arfa that Newcastle  rely on to unlock defenses, as he did in that important home win against Bolton on 9th April,  when he scored that simply fantastic go-ahead goal, when the game was on the line,  in the 2-0 win.

Players like Ben Arfa are one big reason fans pay the money to go see the games, and he’s great for the game of football.

What do you think?

Comments welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

• BIGPEAOVTHEWEAB

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:59 AM

1st

• Lee Dodd

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM

We Just Need Him To Stay Fit This Season and Play Like He Did At The End of last Season . Roll On The 18th !!!! Watch out The Yids !!!!

• Brutooon

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:01 AM

my fav player !!!

• BigKirky

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:04 AM

My favourite player too.

• bambams

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:05 AM

one of the most exciting players i have seen in a toon top for years

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Repost for Public Safety:-

Lads if you go on nufc offical site and log in you will see your seat numbers so panic over. I am not far from last year in Gallowgate C, I liked it there. Got moved because I added 2 more family members so had to shift round to sit together. I think I will be sitting in front of the letterbox in my Monty PJ’s from 6am every morning this week for that letter ha ha 🙂

Also I managed to buy a spuds spare ticket £34 for that section but HURRY boys and girls they are but a handful of single seats left!

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Brutooon – who is your LEAST favourite then?

😉

• BIGPEAOVTHEWEAB

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Wot a knob I am haha

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Nobby, now there was a lad who could dink a lovely ball into the box with the outside of his boot…. Sorry went into nostalgia mode again there.

• Shane

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Nearly got half way through the article, thinking to myself… “he’s not going to do it, he’s actually not going to do it…” And then BOOM!

I am of course speaking of Eds favourite word to describe our “Mercurial” winger Hatem Ben Arfa. 🙂

• Brutooon

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Tsunki

Suprisingly noone.

used to be perch and ameobi – but they prove me wrong

• t00ntime

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:20 AM

If he learns how to se his right foot propely he will be one of the best wingers in the world without a doubt! His only problem now is he is a bit predictable, if he learns how to pass/cross/shoot with his right he wont be predictable, he has the ability to become one of the best and i hope when he does he still has a B&W top on and MA doesnt sell him.

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Well said Brutooon, well said.

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:23 AM

t00ntime – unfortunately its always a danger that if a player becomes fantastic for us, he will catch the eye of the ‘bigger’ clubs. Beardsley, Gazza…. anyone got a list?

• croftus5678

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:24 AM

my fave past player was prince phillip albert 🙂
    in our team now though we have so many good players that i will go someone not a lot of fans will go for in marvaux.

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Croftus – it was tweeted the other day that Phillipe still gets up early every morning to work on his fruit n veg stall in the market. Must be a joke about man u and the onion bag or a load of taties / spuds in there somewhere….

• Les Grossman

Oba
    Willo
    Bigi
    Abeid
    Harps
    Amalf

Doesnt look tooooo bad to me
    Bring it on you twisting spuds!

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Les – don’t you like Jonas?

• Toon73

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Jonas??.?

• Les Grossman

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Tsunki
    Toon73

Bloody hell, I forgot about him…..how can I forget Jonas?
    I was looking at team thinking mmmmm, sure im missing some frigga!!

Ok
    Jonas benched Im affraid.
    He is very versatile and will be needed in a nu,mber of positions this season I reckon, hence him playing all over in the friendlies

• Les Grossman

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:48 AM

ORRR
    Swap Marv for Jonas.
    Its a close one.
    With Jonas, you get the graft……..Marv is unproven in the Graft Dept, but alot better going forward I think!
    Too often Jonas runs up a blind alley!

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Les…Sounds better 🙂 Poor Spidey. I suppose it all comes down to form and what Pards see’s in training as to who get’s the starting spot.

Not a problem first week though as we have three games. I expect most players to get some minutes.

• Toon73

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:56 AM

It’s a bit of a mystery what Pards will do with the Jonas / Marv situation.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM

It all depends on which formation we play.

In a 4-4-2 I think only one can play (if we’re using normal starters).

HBA – Tiote – Cabaye – ?

If you use a 4-2-3-1 though, both can be incorporated

Tiote – Jonas

HBA – Yo – Marv

• Big Pappa Cissé

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Marveaux has not done anything so far to justify him not being in the starting line up IMO

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Big Pappa….You’ve lost me a bit there…too many negatives? 🙂

• Big Pappa Cissé

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:18 PM

@ Ibiza

I am the Riddler …………muahahaha 🙂 .

Basically he has been the most impressive in pre-season

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Big Pappa….Thanks for clearing that up 🙂 He has really looked good and should be given his opportunity for sure.

• Ian Toon

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Jesper- following on from about 4 hours ago(Ibiza was around as well) I thought the great Danes were- Benny Arentoft , Kristensen ( not sure of spelling) and. John Dahl Tomasson. The latter left after a season and really blossomed . It was way back in season 1997-8 with Dalglish as manager. He was never a good judge of a player and we had has beens like – Pearce Rush and Barnes on board. Dalglish was in process of ditching Beardsley . Many fans to this day claim to have been behind the goal where Tomasson missed a sitter in the opening minutes on his debut against Sheffield Wednesday. But I was and I remember it vividly. Having watched Tomasson in a pre season tournament in Dublin I thought he would star for us. He was best alongside the main striker but Shearer was injured.

• Ian Toon

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Big Pappa Cisse- what’s with the double negatives what’ you mean is
    Marv has done enough to start. I agree but not at the expense of Jonas.
    Earlier poster ( forget whom) was wrong my current favourite
    player is. Yohan Cabaye. I just loved the Cabaye and goodnight when he scored against Man U . I actually watched more of the French games than England’s – mind you both were short lived.