New Agent Can Help Newcastle Do Quick Deal For Target

Newcastle target and Ajax midfielder Vurnon Anita, has recently changed his agent from the Perfect Assist agency, where Harry Lulofs was representing him, to become a new client of  Mino Raiola.

Mino Raiola – known for doing deals quickly

This is what Anita’s father told Voetbal International yesterday:

“It is true that Vurnon departed at Perfect Assist. We have teamed up with Mino Raiola.”

The 23-year-old has been a Newcastle target for a while now, with the news that Newcastle have already tabled a €5M bid for the player, but that was immediately turned down by Ajax.

The very interesting thing about Raiola, who is Italian, is that he is apparently renowned for doing deals quickly, and currently is the agent of Italian striker Mario Balotelli and has represented Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic for at least twelve years, and been involved in all his transfers, including the latest move for Zlatan to new big spenders in football –  PSG.

There could even be some news this week about Anita, as there were reports earlier that Newcastle had put in an improved bid for the Dutch International, who can play at full back or in central midfield, and one Dutch journalist, Vanentijn Breissen, suggested the move could even be completed by the end of this week.

Earlier there was also news that Newcastle have launched a £10M double bid to bring in Anita and his colleague at Ajax, the Dutch International right-back Gregory van der Weil, but we’re not sure if these reports are true, so it’s hard to know what’s going on with these potential deals right now.

But an agent who can do deals quickly is almost exactly what Newcastle need, as they seem to drag out deals, because the Tyneside club are simply unwilling to pay over the odds for players, like some clubs do.

And talking of paying over the odds – is Scottish International striker Steven Fletcher of Wolves worth £12M and is Welsh midfielder Joe Allen of Swansea worth £15M?

Those are the fees it’s rumored that Sunderland and Liverpool are willing to pay for those players respectively – and we got Papiss Cisse for £9M and Yohan Cabaye for just over £4M?

We like what Newcastle are doing in the transfer market, even though it gets frustrating sometimes the way the deals drag on and on.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

• dmac

Aug 9, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I dont think this means too much if i am honest. Footballers change agents regularly.

• TorqToon

Aug 9, 2012 at 8:51 AM

15mil for allen!!! Some things never change with liverfool !!

• Toon73

Aug 9, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Get Anita in now

Toivenen and Cissokho to follow

I want us to have a long, deep run in Europa give it a real shake. We need another 2-3 1st teamers to get this done I reckon.

• toon1707

Aug 9, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Does not matter how quick the agent wants the deals done if we don’t bid enough the deal won’t be done. I am very confident though come the end of the transfer window we will be very happy can’t see us not wrapping a few deals up soon who for I don’t know but trust the club to deliver

• TorqToon

Aug 9, 2012 at 8:55 AM

And apparently from a Makem at work, wolves are set to reject the £12m bid for fletcher and hold out for £15mil. Crazy!

• giimps

Aug 9, 2012 at 8:55 AM

I dont think we will ever know who we are after until the deal is done.
    I for one like this way of doing business when it works out ok, but it can be a little frustrating as a fan, the press making rubbish up as there is nothing coming out of the club.
    Have faith in the system, it seems to be doing all right , and long may it continue.
    HWTL

• davybtoon

Aug 9, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Vdw changed to same agent

• Made a ma beed

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Mino and Mike. They will do a deasl ok they are twin skulls!

• Transfer Sage

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Some fees are silly. Liverpool will never get a good price on a player for the ndr few years after what they have spent recently.

They also pay a lot so have players sitting there picking up large wages who they cannot sell.

The mackems are just being silly, fletcher isn worth half that.

• Markaccus

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:03 AM

In other sport…. Olympic boxing judges are senile wazzocks who should be shot with sh*t

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Torqtoon
    Thought swansea had made it a condition rodgers couldnt go for any swansea players for 12 months? Goes to show never trust the scousers!!

• TorqToon

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:06 AM

TADS – I thought I heard that too?!?! Not ure what the truth is with that but if true then surely a deal won’t be completed!?! Like you said, never trust the scousers!

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:06 AM

@Ian

Answer to your question on the last thread 🙂

I am not saying Toivonen isn’t a good player – I think that would be wrong for me to do 🙂

It’s more about finding a match and I don’t think Toivonen and Newcastle are a match – the EPL and Toivonen might not be that great a match unless you pair him with a lower half team.

I we wanna move forward I think we should look else where. We have Papisto and Ba, so Toivonen won’t get much game time here and he would want that.

Scandinavians like to compare players across the border and Toivonen and Bendtner have many similarities even though they are different. Look at their stats.

But I would take Bendtner any day of the week compared to any Swedes except for Zlatan 😉 and since I would rather we bought a young forward I would be more interested in Guidetti or Fischer 🙂

• Transfer Sage

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Olympic boxing is a fairer judging system than professional boxing but more difficult to get right.

You only score a point for landing a clean shot with he knuckle part of the glove.

This can be difficult to see depending upon the position of the fighters.

The British lad was unlucky but was too weak in the opening rounds. You need to make sure you do enough to win clearly or a decision can do against you easily.

He paid the price for a slow start.

• Beattie25

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Davy

Is that a question or a statement?

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Transfer sage i disagree i think the mackems are doing the right thing i think they should up there offer to £20 mil to make sure like, heres to another season where they have sacked there manager by xmas!!!

Also see liverpool are ready to listen to offers for agger? Big mistake for them defensivly there streched more than us!!

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:09 AM

@Papiss9

Thanks for the info mate 🙂

How many from the blog have joined? Now I only know people here through there blog monicker – is that visible on Fantasy Premier League?

Would be fun though 😉

• fatlegend

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I’m totally sick of myself tbh. I’m checking various media every 20 minutes to see I anythinga going to happen and invariably it doesn’t.

I was the same last summer and the window before and slagged off the club like mad for not getting deals done but look at the evidence. £5m for Benny, £4m for Dreamboat, £3.5m Tiote, £5m Santon, £9m Cisse and Ba for free! How much would it cost to buy that lot now? £90m maybe?

As frustrated as I am now I’m just gonna try and stay positive and wait and see what the club come up with.

• Toon73

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:20 AM

The problem with Guidetti is, I’m not sure he is even for sale??

Besides rumours, where has he, or Citeh, come out and said he’s available?

• Papiss9

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:20 AM

jesper

I think it’s about 65 members in the league, which is called The NUFCblog SuperLeague 12/13. As far as a know, all of them reads and/or writes on the blog.

• Papiss9

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Your real name and your teams nickname is visable

• davybtoon

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM

beattie statement

• LEROI

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:32 AM

jesper my team is called Footballin Whoop Ass but that isnt my name on it, it’s my uncle’s. i’ve been making managerial decisions for since game week 2 last season i should of left it to him haha.

• Expat MAG

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I haven’t posted in a while but great news ED on your health situation. I bet both you and the family are extremely happy with this great news. Keep up the good work as this blog continues to be the tops…..

On the home front, like every Newcastle fan, I’m frustrated that we haven’t as yet purchased what would call ready made first team players, although the new recruits are looking very good already….

We need to be patient as love him or hate him, Ashley is a business man and will not pay over the odds. In fact, our initial offers are always well below the market value for these players, so I’m hoping we’ll offer real market prices as the transfer window draws to a close.

We need a first team CB as Colo and Taylor will not start every game. If Simpson leaves, we need a replacement plus a young CF when ACON comes around in January….

Anita will take us to the next level as a PL team, so money well spent if we can win a cup or qualify for CL or Europe again this season…..

• LEROI

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Can anyone tell me if we are doing the metro dreamteam this year? If yes what’s the code for that one?

Oh and If we used dreamteamfc’s version we can choose as many Toon players as we want I’m just saying.

• JDdubai

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:40 AM

1 thing i liked about our team that got promoted was we had a fair few English players in it, Carroll, Shola, Nolan, Saylor, Simpson, Barton etc.

Wish we could get a few in now as we could be lining up with not 1 englishman in the team depending on Saylor.

However there’s no way its possible with the stupid prices enlgish players are going for, totally not worth it. Cant see it changing though until they introduce a rule for the minimum number of english players in a team so there are more available and prices will drop.

• LEROI

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Pappis i think Jesper is saying if our fantasy teams name is different and our real name is alongside but not our blog moniker it’ll be hard to see which bloger belongs to which fantasy team.

• Papiss9

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Leroi, I know 😉 We might have to make a list in the forum or somethinh, hehe

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:35 AM

@ LEROI & Papiss9

You have probably moved on to the next thread, but I am going to answer anywho 😉

That is exactly what I mean 🙂 would be nice to know who’s team is who’s 🙂

Just for the fun of it. I am going to be pretty easy to spot 😉 hehe

• markp

Aug 9, 2012 at 1:28 PM

@JD Surely a quota on English players being a necessity will raise the value of those quality English players (who are few and far between anyway.)

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Aug 9, 2012 at 2:26 PM

could also be a sign Anita aint too happy that his agent was tryna get him a move.