Newcastle Still Need To Bring In Lots Of New Players

Newcastle are having a hard job bringing in senior players to the club, we all know that, but the club have still made three excellent signings in Romain Amalfitano, Gael Bigirimana and Curtis Good, all three for around £1.4M in total, but we also still need to bring in more players for the Development squad.

Anthony Koura – Le Mans 19 year-old top young striker

Considering that we have  lost youngsters like Samuel Adjei, Phil Airey, Ole Soderberg, Ryan Donaldson, Stephen Folan, Jeff Henderson, Tamas Kadar, Greg McDermott and Patrick Nzuzi in the summer, Newcastle still need to fill out their Development squad with some new youngsters coming through the door.

And it was good to see that Tamas Kadar has just signed a two year deal at Dutch club Roda JC Kerkrade, and we’re still a little shell-shocked that he didn’t make it on Tyneside, after looking so good two or three years ago in Newcastle colors.

Newcastle have been linked with some top youngsters in the early summer,  including 19 year-old winger/striker Anthony Koura, who last season was quickly promoted to the first team squad at Le Mans, and made his debut last August, and played 7 times for Le Mans last season and had a trial on Tyneside last month.

Newcastle were also closely linked with Caen’s 17 year-old young striker, Mbaye Niang, who was also interesting Arsenal.

But we haven’t seen any signings of any of the youngsters Newcastle have been associated with and brought on trial in April and May, except of course Curtis Good and Gael Bigirimana,  who are likely to be part of the first team squad in the upcoming season.

So while we wait for two or three top senior players to come through the door before the transfer window slams shut, we should also be seeing some top youngsters coming to Newcastle, who will form the basis of the future of Newcastle United.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:06 AM

We need 2 blue chip def….ideally 3

CB please…..

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Newcastel? youre posting too quick, ED!

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Always the bridesmaid…..

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:07 AM

That’s two gold medals this morning already.

Newcastel Olympix

• Ben3arfa

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:09 AM

been a slow summer, real annoying

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Here I am wondering if the mass clearout was to get rid of a prevailing poor work ethic. A lot of those players, particularly Tamas, had bright futures pinned to them it seemed. Maybe there was a lazy atmosphere that needed to be fixed? Just chucking stones about.

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:12 AM

MFH – Veyr Funy 🙂

• nobby sol

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Simpson OUT 2 million
    VDW IN 3 million
    Boenisch IN free

anyone agree that would solve our fullback problem
    Boenisch would be a good back up

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Oh well I’m in trouble, guy with an Indian accent called Murphy has just called to say my windows pc has a terrible virus. Having been a windows MCP in Network Admin and an IT trainer I was obviously convinced not to say a little frightened. Especially as any MCP will tell you, I use Linux and am currently using an Android tablet. Dark Days. Next they will be telling me my Insurance Protection wasn’t valid!

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Boenisch no no no no how dull. Did you see him at the euros?

• jonny-intense

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I think we’ll see a flurry of signings towards the end of the window, when people who need the money will sell for a more reasonable price. We’ve already got some VERY good youngsters through the door and we’ll probably see a couple more, i’d bet. These on top of a the “1 or 2” Alan has been promising and we’d be fine.

If we did get people like Koure, Niang etc. I’d like us to give them a fairer crack of the whip than we did to Lua Lua. I feel he coud have been an excellent little player for us, much like Sammy will be; you never know what they can pull out of the bag. Good players to have around for excitement in the cups!

In response to the Shola interview – I think you can tell he is spurred on by what we are doing and is putting 100% every time. He just bullies defenders on his day!

• magpiebop

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Season tickets delivered today

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I wonder what a poll of defenders would reveal about how they fared when Shola came on at 75+minutes ha ha. Ask the mackem back line how they enjoyed life when all the fight had gone from them, and on walks shola!

• josh

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:24 AM

@tsunki. Tell him you don’t own a pc. Has the same effect as Austin powers on fembots. My old dear put the phone down on the bloke twice and he immediately phoned back. Cheeky bastard.

• wynsleap

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:24 AM

We were told we were going to get top new first team players in as we’d “done our homework early” at the end of last season for this window. At present – nothing!
    We were told we were dismantling the inadequate Development squad to replace them by bringing in top talent from all over the world. At present – Satka only.
    Bigirama, Good and Amalfitano seem to be lying somewhere between the two – but have to be regarded only as untried and potential.
    Typically it’s been the usual buzz without the honey.
    But hey – we’ll keep on hoping.

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:24 AM

magpiebop – you mean from today? I havent got mine this morning. Starting to get nervous about the spuds match now you said that!

• jonny-intense

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM

What a soul shattering sight it must be. You’ve just been run ragged by Ba for 70 mins and up steps the man mountain that is Shola!

I wonder if Sammy is going to fill out the same way when he’s about 27…that would be scary!!!

• JP...from The Rock

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:28 AM

We got to move quick in the transfer window now. Did’n’t Pardiola say we will probably getting some through the door this week? If that’s the case I would love it if we got Anita, and Mbiwa. Debuchy can wait till January as he will almost certainly play half as well for Lille now and they will eventually sell him.

• jonny-intense

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Wynsleap:

You know we are tight, the signings will come. It’s easier to get a deal when there’s £6million walking away from you and not enough time to get another buyer.

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Newcastle signing players is a bit like being constipated.

Eventually, when you think its just never going to happen, and with a bit of strain, then a huge smile of relief …..the job gets done.

• Les Grossman

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I am a massive fan of the clubs current policies. HUGE

However, I think they are now on the verge of yet another Huge PR Gaff, if the pruchase of 10% of Rangers FC goes through before we have much needed signing through the door.

And praying that Alan Brazil oif Talksport fame isnt right that Pards has had a huge fallout with the Board over lack of activity in the transfer market!!!

Im a very patint chap but the board are yet again not doing themselves any favours currently. My Mate in Manc is hassling me over the fact that Manure are chatting to toon re Cabaye after the collapse of the moura deal. Cabaye and RVP!

• mickguk

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Completely off subject here but does anybody have their new season ticket yet?

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Reads MFH’s comment and throws mars bar in the bin 🙁

• jimmymagpie

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM

There is such a paucity of news/rumour about NUFC incomings, just re-hashing the same old garbage, thet I am beginning to get really worried about the likeliehood of any significant signings. I don’t think there were too many more names on Patdew’s list other than the ones we’ve already tried for and failed to get. I am also starting to wonder just how much focus there is when you hear about the owner turning his attention to other matters. I hope I’m wrong!

• Cool Hand Luke

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Tsunki, u say this chap was named Murphy? Perhaps he was some sort of…. Indian robocop.

• studsy

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Anyone notice the sudden silence on the transfer front? Maybe those Non-Disclosure Agreements have been signed? 😉 Step Closer? I Wish!

• jimmymagpie

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Mick – no, still waiting for mine, as was everybody I spoke to in the pub last night. Third season in a row tickets have been delivered late, in fact last 2 seasons, they had to print me a paper ticket to cover the opening game. I could say lots more about it, but haven’t got time this morning.

• mickguk

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Thanks Jimmy just didnt want to be the only one standing outside the box office come 5:30 next saturday.

• studsy

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Jimmy…you not think they just saw your name and though, ‘Ha, lets make this one angry!’ lol

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Les

Story is that Manure are whinging that £20m is too much for RVP with 11 months on his contract and won’t raise their £15m bid.
    If they came in with £30m for Cabs what would you do ?

• bambams

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM

@jimmymagpie….
    I agree totally with your comment, i am sure i read/heard even Pardew said he did not want to ‘drop down the list too far’.
    It suggests our targets (orginal ones) are proving more difficult to sign than possibly first believed.
    Mind you the three youngins look good !

• studsy

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:56 AM

MFH – quite a hard one that! Think it would be another AC situation. No one will want him sold, he would get sold, we’d hate the board, then the replacements make us forget about the whole thing…de ja vu?

• Graeme

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:57 AM

If we could get Douglas, Anita and Mbiwa signed this week, we would have an immensely strong line up for the season start. Mbiwa in the back four with Collo, Douglas, Santon would give us amazing strength at the back.

Anita alongside Tiote in front of them would be like a wall and allow Cabs to play a much more creative role at the base of a 4 man diamond.

Would love to see it happen, but guess we just wait and see what develops!!

• jimmymagpie

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Magpies – it didn’t work last summer. We’re STILL waiting for the centre half that was such a priority, and we had to wait until January for a striker. I usually don’t take any notice of comments made by the pi-lock Alan Brazil, but I do know for a fact that Pardew expressed his uneasiness to Llambsarse last week, because he told the staff. Listen to his comments after the game on Tuesday about focus and the Olympics, a not too veiled reference to the fact that Ashley and Llambsarse have spent most of the last 2 weeks, guess where?

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Lads if you go on nufc offical site and log in you will see your seat numbers so panic over. I am not far from last year in Gallowgate C, I liked it there. Got moved because I added 2 more family members so had to shift round to sit together. I think I will be sitting in front of the letterbox in my Monty PJ’s from 6am every morning this week for that letter ha ha 🙂

Also I managed to buy a spuds spare ticket £34 for that section but HURRY boys and girls they are but a handful of single seats left!

• Les Grossman

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM

MFH
    I would keep everyone together for another Season!
    I would resist even stupid bids.
    I honestly believe if we keep this squad together and add 3 good quality signings, we could see something special in the coming season!!

If its doesnt work out, theres always next summer. Players like Cabaye will NOT lose their value over the period of one season, unless we are relegated….can you see that happening?

• Scouse_geordie

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Maybe we were looking at bringing a few faces in as well as the youngsters, but as they all look to be much closer to the first team than anticipated the board might just be thinking those transfers aren’t as urgent as they thought.

I hope thats not the case and although I do like the way we do business by not letting teams swindle us out of the extra odd million, its still frustrating.

• Munster Mag

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Jimmy Magpie, I totally agree with you. But havent wee been told that MA is the greatest ownmer we have ever had. Its quite simple, and I have said it on here often. His priority is value. Therefore youth who will increase in value makes sense – thats fine. And we may even go for players as good as Cisse, provided we see a deal …,.if Cisse had cost 500K or 1 mill more we would proabably have pulled out – detrimentally. Thus Cabaye and Tiote represent a deal / value – so we buy them. But when it comes to paying say 7mill for a full back who is worth 7 million, then we stall, and offer 3 mill to start with, and get laughed at. We need to cop on, and fast. Put it this way, if Anita was worth 10mill, but on sale for 7mill, we’d be in like a shot. But if he’s on sale for 7 million and he’s worth 7 million , its a problem to MA……

• countrylad14

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I think we need at least 3-4 senior players in before the transfer window shuts CB, LB (Move Santon to RB) versatile midfielder and pacey striker. Personally i can see us signing Van Der Wiel, Vernon Anita plus a striker and a CB (Very hopeful i know)

Just on a side note what would be the thoughts on these 3 being the ones brought in?

Royston Drenthe LB/LW/RW
    Oba Martins LW/ST
    Seb Bassong CB/LB

• Slater

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM

We’ve also signed Lubimor Satka this summer, 16 year old Slovenian U17’s Captain. Been getting a fair few games in the reserves and youth squad throughout the Pre Season.