Newcastle Brazilian Star To Get Lots Of Games Next Season

With Newcastle likely to play a lot of games in the coming season, James Perch – also known by his alter ego as Brazilian star Perchinho (at least on this web-site) – is one fringe player who will get lots of games for Newcastle United in the coming season, and will likely play a lot of his football in Europe too.

Newcastle’s James Perch – also know as Brazilian star Perchinho

James Perch has proved himself a very reliable player for Newcastle, whether it be in either full-back position, center-back or in defensive midfield, and last season he became a well respected player of the squad, after struggling in his first season at the club.

Perch seems to be looking forward to the coming season and was interviewed by the local press this morning:

“When you look at it, we’ve got the European games, and hopefully a better cup run than in the last couple of years.” “That means more games in the calendar for Newcastle, which hopefully means more games for me.”

“Versatility’s the key, and I’m willing to step in wherever and whenever.” “It was good.” “It was a tough test coming here. We knew we’d have to put in a shift – they’re a physical side – but, to be fair, the lads put the game to bed in the first 20 minutes.”

“I thought we played some great stuff.” “The great support we had will have seen we passed the ball really well and scored some good goals.” “When you’ve got players like Shola, Marveaux and Romain up front, and Gosling playing in behind with his creativity and his late runs into the box, you’re going to get goals.”

“We had fresh subs coming on – Hatem and Mehdi Abeid – and they played really well, as well.” “We’ve been gearing ourselves up for this Tottenham game for the last six or seven weeks. It’s a tough start to the season – we know the fixtures we’ve got.”

“We’ve got the European fixtures too.” “It’s about getting fit, getting minutes under our belt, staying injury-free and being as well prepared as we can be.” Perch, who played his part in last season’s Europa League qualification, says he’s good to go.”

“I’m pleased. I’ve got minutes under my belt. Touch wood, I’m injury-free.” “I can’t be more pleased.” “That was my aim before the start of pre-season.” “It’s tough if you get an injury.”

Good words form James Perch there, and he may yet be the reason that Newcastle hold off on signing another center-back this summer.

That’s because he can play well alongside a recognized center-back, and young Curtis Good could also come through the ranks very quickly next season.

James was impressive in the central defensive midfield position on Tuesday night at Victoria Park, before he went back to center-back, and it’s versatile players like James who are so important to any successful squad.

Perchinho made 28 appearances for Newcastle last season, and if he’s in the same form he was earlier this year, he will see even more playing time next term for Newcastle.

Wonder if he’ll make the Brazilian squad for the World Cup in 2014? 😀

What do you think?

Comments welcome.

Note – this article is dedicated to those Newcastle fans with a sense of humor.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Hmm..

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Really really genuinely sorry about that I was just testiong to see which kn*b would post first and it turned out to be me. Sorry.

Perchinho has proved the critical use of utility players last season. We need a couple of these lads to last the rigours of a season because we just can’t afford two sets of first-teamers like Chelski and Citeh.

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Please please please don’t let me claim ALL the medals lads -keep this thing alive!

• newcastlesources2012

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Diarra will sign for west ham before monday. U heard it here first

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:33 AM

If we sign two blue-chip players and as a result we get six points more over a whole season and gain ONE position in the final table then that is worth about £800k (maybe more)

So if we are only £500,000 short of a player valuation who Pards thinks can make that kind of difference to the team then we should edge up our final bid to get them in.

You can speculate to accumulate and get shafted like the Bindippers last season or you can be canny….without damaging your team’s chances.

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:38 AM

The rat-eaters jut spent silly, no maths involved like yours MFH. They just looked at the imperative of CL, and like so many teams before, they peed money in all the wrong corners. KKK was such a has-been ha ha how didn’t they spot that? I know we’ve had some neggers crawling back into the blog gingerly, it feels like a whole crowd are ready to pounce come the transfer window closing, but I would rather we consolidated wisely than f*rted cash on dross like the mackems did last couple of years, and get nowhere at all. But on he other hand there is the ol’ saying “spoiling the ship for a ha’porth o’ tar”…

• shear-class

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Although Perch had a good season i hope we buy some better quality players in ,too keep him out of the first team and the subs bench, Im not keen on him really

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:42 AM

shear-class – but to do that we would need a battleship full of gold to buy two full teams. We should be grateful players like Perchy exist. They are the ‘cleaners’ of the team, doing the jobs many don’t want to do. plus he actually does his job(s) well. He doesn’t have to be world class, he just needs to hold the thing together when called on and I think he does it better than most, surprisingly so.

• newcastlesources2012

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:44 AM

West ham will sign frenchman diarra by monday

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Ha ha looks like Jonas is the new ‘forgotten man’ of Mag footy. Les Grossman’s lineup in the last post is the latest in a series of ones excluding Spidermag.

• WWYCD

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Really? Perch really going to get minutes next season?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Who needs Anita when you have the Perchinho? 🙂

That’s a joke, if that was unclear to anyone.

As Tsunki said, it’s important we have these type of players. One’s that are prepared to wait for when they’re needed and still do a decent job when called upon.

I’d be a bit gutted if we sold him (not suggesting we will, just reflecting on his progress), never thought I’d feel that way about Perch. What a funny old couple of seasons at the toon.

I wonder who will be the new hero to rise from the depths of Newcastle fan criticism?

• ochytoon

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Newcastlesources
    No I heard it on sky sports first about 30 mins ago. Most likely where you heard it as well…

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Tsunki…It amazes me how many people forget wor spidey. Guys an absolute starter for me. At least on the bloomin’ bench!

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Well it looks like the store is stocking up on Ben Arfa and no 10 lettering

• WWYCD

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Newcastlesources
    Are u proper itk like?

• Tsunki

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:49 AM

ochytoon – 🙂 🙂 🙂

• geordie157

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:50 AM

He’s not a starter but a reliable squad player, he could even be a late developer so may continue to improve for a few more years yet. All top teams need players like perch who accept they may not be first choice but give their all when they play.

• chuck

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Any headline for a hit on the blog, c’mon Ed !

• Les Grossman

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Newcastleketchup2020
    West Ham will sign Diarra by Monday…..
    so says Skysports on twitter!!

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:52 AM

shear class

delicately put 🙂

Tsunki

Even more delicately put…

we do need journeymen for squad strength but i wish we had another couple of international standard in the starting 11

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Chuck…What’s up with the headline?

• Les Grossman

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:53 AM

ITK
    Les Grossman will take a huge big dump in 5 mins
    as he has a turtles heed.

My ITK is factual

• geordie157

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:54 AM

See derby have a couple of very good prospects in will Hughes and mason Bennett, I imagine we would have looked at them. But I guess our young purchases will be from overseas, which reminds me what happened to the two argies Derek flew over to possibly sign!

• pardews plan B

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I still wouldn’t mind if we had perch playing alongside tiote. He’s a great tackler and actually plays a safe simple ball away more often than cheick. He’s improved quickly and could do that job at least until January.

• cyprus

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:55 AM

On previous article. AP free hint to look good next year. Play ben arfa regularly (ie pick him right after krul). We have previously made the same mistake with the likes of bellamy and gjnola dont do the same our season came alive with him on. Perch not perchinio can play or not same to me

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Les….Do you have what it takes to get it over the line?

• newcastlesources2012

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:58 AM

My sources tell me that deschamps has left ben arfa out of the france squad for game against uraguay

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Tiote – Jonas

HBA – Yo – Marv

Cisse / Ba

Looks pretty good to me.

• geordie157

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Perch put in some excellent tackles and blocks last season, and agree there he keeps things simple when passing which is fine

• Les Grossman

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Ibiza
    I will be pushing all out to get it overl the line.
    Blood, sweat, tears and hopefully at the end a golden Medal.
    This is My Aim.

I hope not to let my public Convenience down.

• geordie157

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I’m not convinced on Jonas in centre midfield

• Les Grossman

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Newcastle ketchup
    Your sauces are spot on mate, as it HAS been broadcast all over the internet!!!

• toon-hendy

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM

HBA left out of the French squad for their game Vs Uruguay… Suprise Suprise!!! #DeschampsIsAWanker

• toon-hendy

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM

HBA left out of the French squad Vs Uruguay …. SUPRISE SUPRISE!! #DechampsIsADoylum

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Les…What a guy. Keep up the good work, we’re counting on you here.

Geordie157…What don’t you like about Jonas in DM? I thought he did really well, better than LM of late imo.

• newcastlesources2012

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Deschamps said attitude and behavier were reason for ben arfa axe from squad

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:05 PM

So it wasn’t due to him being useless? Who would’ve thought?

• Les Grossman

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Newcastle Sauces
    My Sauces tell me your sauces are being slightly more saucier than the regular sauces! They are therefore I would hazard, inferior sauces, that of B&M own brand maybe.

I will stick with Colin, he knows the score 😉

• markmac

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:06 PM

@29 IBIZA – Amen to that mate!